logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: all-your-love
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-01-17 00:39
MY RATING~ 4.5/5 STARS - GRADE=A-
The Dead List - Jennifer L. Armentrout

~MY THOUGHTS~

I recently read an arc with a similar story to this…Pretty Dead Girls…I didn't really like that one, and this had a similar feel to it in the beginning, minus the mean girls.  I was worried but it wasn't long before I realized this was different in a lot of ways.  This only had me eye-rolling a couple moments and the other had me constantly eye-rolling.  In this, the mystery surprised me, actually.  The characters were likable…and the best part…when the MC is being chased down by the bad guy, she actually does the smart thing, at least 80% of the time.  My issue and this could be a tad spoiler-ish, is with the promiscuity of 17-year-olds. I can't read explicit sex scenes when the MC's are under 18.  It's just weird.  If she had just left that out of the book, it would have been a 5-star all the way.

~BREAKDOWN OF RATINGS~

Plot~ 4.5/5

Main Characters~ 4.5/5

Secondary Characters~ 4/5

The Feels~ 5/5

Pacing~ 5/5

Addictiveness~ 4.5/5

Theme or Tone~ 3.5/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 4/5 could have used a proofreader…

Backdrop (World Building)~ 4.5/5

Ending~ 5/5  Cliffhanger~  Nope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Book Cover~  Compelling, and it kept me guessing as to how it fits with the story

Setting~ Martinsburg, West Virginia

Source~ Kobo eBook

review 2018-01-16 04:47
Trope soup, and not in an entertaining way.
Someone To Love (A Westcott Novel) - Mary Balogh

I finally hit my DNF point about 60% through when I realised that I was never going to reconcile myself to the fact that the hero, an English duke raised in England, was secretly a king fu master. My level of BUT WHY!? was too high for anything but the most riveting of adventures to keep me going, and nothing else in this book was that. (But why is: when he was studying at... Harrow or somewhere... he met a Chinese martial arts master by chance and he taught him the secrets of kung fu. The book answered none of the questions I had about that, most of which revolved around why it was a plot point at all).

The rest of the hero's (non kung fu related) persona revolved around being very rich, very fashionable and very bored. I feel like the author maybe watched the  Anthony Andrews version of The Scarlet Pimpernel one too many times (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Meanwhile the heroine was raised in one of those Quaker Anarchist orphanages that don't teach you about the class system, so she hits finding out that she's the legitimate daughter of an Earl with zero knowledge of anything, and proceeds to insist on being simple and true to herself and as good as anyone and hiring all her friends as maids. ("A Quaker Anarchist is guided through London society by a Kung Fu master," quoth a friend, "that sounds pretty good, actually." YOU WOULD THINK SO! Alas, the author doesn't lean into it.)

One would think that the 1810s would be a perfect time to declare war on ruffles, given the neoclassical turn in women's fashion around then, but the author disagrees, and claims that All The Other Girls dressed in an overly fussy manner (I was pretty confused about the period generally. Queen Charlotte is on the throne, and they're at war in France, but it's all ruffled dresses and dancing the waltz. WHEN IS THIS SET!?).

I may be obsessing over details? It may be because I don't care about the plot? Since there's literally no conflict and next to no romantic tension between the main characters? This underlined by all scenes being told and retold two or three times. In any case, enough is enough.

WHY WAS HE A KUNG FU MASTER? WHY!?

review 2018-01-15 22:23
Loved This Animal Lovers Romance Set
Must Love Pets 2: A Romance Box Set - JB Lynn,Zoe Dawson,Candace Carrabus,Edie Ramer,Dale Mayer,Barbara Samuel,Theresa Weir

Great collection of animal lover stories. I some full length some novellas, all enjoyable. I reviewed each book separately on their own page. There wasn't a book or author in the bunch that I wouldn't want to read more from. I love these collection I hope there is a Must Love Pets 3 in the near future

review 2018-01-15 01:22
Love's Crash Landing by Amylea Lyn
Love's Crash Landing - Amylea Lyn

"Prince Mi'Kel is now Mikinna Petrovik, formerly of Moscow... My contact said there wouldn't be a problem (with false documents - mrella) even if those Feds get it into their heads to look.”

I laughed and I laughed and I laughed!... And then I giggled on top of it =) Maybe local, american, feds are fine with it, but Mikinna Petrovik is not a Russian name and population there is not that diverse not to draw attention to a strange name *snort* Might as well have kep Mi'kel.

review 2018-01-14 19:29
BTW I Love You by Nico Jaye Review
BTW I Love You - Nico Jaye

When Aidan logs onto the Internet one night during winter break, he hardly expects to meet tall, dark, and handsome Jake - let alone discover over the course of their chats and emails that Jake may actually be...well...pretty much perfect. However, with Jake studying abroad 8,000 miles away, Aidan soon finds himself struggling with the intense feelings that he's developed for a man he's never actually met.

With an ocean between them and all of the doubts and questions that come with the distance, will their relationship ever find wings? And when they finally meet in person, can their online romance become an IRL happily ever after?

Review

This is a sweet New Adult romance about two heroes that meet on line.

It is kind and sexy and about believing in the connection between two people.