logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: all-your-love
Load new posts () and activity
review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-09-21 02:04
Abiding Love
Abiding Love (Banished Saga Book 8) - Ramona Flightner

My reviews are honest & they contain spoilers. For more, follow me:

My dear Savannah,

In the past 8 installments of Banished Saga, I’ve come to know you so well; felt we’ve become friends as much as I found myself feeling the same for every other member of the McLeod/Sullivan family introduced in this series. I have to admit that initially I found you to be snotty and rather irritating and I liked Clarissa better. :) I wasn’t sure of your match with Jeremy, but despite it all, you’ve found love in one another. And over the course of these 4+ yrs you’ve proved me wrong over and over again.

I knew you’ve found love, but the serenity of life eluded you even when you were with Jeremy. I knew you craved a child so badly that I prayed your wish would come true. Even when it didn’t happen that way, I’d hoped you’d find peace with Jeremy and Melinda in your life. In this installment, I was so excited for you that I can’t even explain. Hoped that finally, after all that you’ve been through, you’d have your wish fulfilled. You’ll finally find peace within yourself and be at peace with life itself.

But alas, that was not to be.

I don’t know if you’re finally at peace now that you’re somewhere no living being can reach you. I just hope you’re doing well as Melinda accompanies you there too.

Abiding Love is the 8th installment of Ramona Flightner’s Banished Saga series. It’s one of my favorite family-centered series, which is also quite aptly titled as we find our favorite characters going through ups and downs like any normal couple will weathering incidents bound to test their love for each-other. This is also one of the more unique attributes of this Saga; that the story of a couple isn’t finished with the HEA. As we find new things to appreciate in this series, the Saga continues as it should showcasing their lives with all its glory, as well as its difficulties.

The Banished Saga, when it began, was onset of suffragist movement of Boston 1901. Along the way we met many characters, including our favorite, the first couple of the series Clarissa and Gabriel in Banished Love. Their story was ongoing in books 2 and 3, Reclaimed Love and Undaunted Love. We also met Clarissa and Gabriel’s family. Clarissa’s own brothers Colin, and Patrick who wasn’t introduced until much later. Her cousin Savannah and best friend Florence, both avid suffragettes and worked with Clarissa throughout. Gabriel’s younger brothers Richard and Jeremy were also introduced, as was their long lost uncle Aidan. Later in the series, Jeremy and Savannah found love, while Richard and Florence, who had an ongoing rift between them, mend it and decided to marry.

review 2018-09-19 16:10
Love Is Murder - Sandra Brown

The best way to think of this is a pricy collection of publisher's samples. You know - those things they normally give you for free in hopes you'll buy the actual book?

Some of the stories were surely standalone, but a lot of them weren't. There's a B.A.D. entry, and a Belador entry, for example. And a lot of them weren't my cuppa. A few fell into the category of "what the hell did I just read?". All of them were about the length of the average term paper too, so even if you did enjoy it, it was just long enough to well, make you want to buy the book (which may or may not exist)

review 2018-09-19 08:10
Cover Rebrand - With Strings Attached

The San Amaro Singles Series by Kelly Jamieson just got a hot makeover!

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2xcdake

iBooks: https://apple.co/2Ofqb3O

B&N (Nook): http://bit.ly/2xcu3vb

Kobo: http://bit.ly/2MrJ8i3

Google Play: http://bit.ly/2NGShI7

With Strings Attached (Book 1)

Two’s company…three’s a crowd… Corey Fenwick keeps her bitter past as hidden as the sweet centers inside the handmade chocolates she sells to a growing list of upscale customers. She’s learned that the only person she can rely on is herself, so her best-friends-with-benefits relationship with Matt is perfect—no strings attached. Matt Ferber watched his last girlfriend ride off on the back of a Harley with a rock musician after calling him boring.

He’s resigned to being “just friends” with women, so his arrangement with Corey suits him fine too. Until his old friend Dylan Schell rolls into town to hang out while recovering from a surfing injury. The sexy bad boy surfer makes Corey’s mouth water, and she figures a harmless fling won’t hurt, especially when Dylan suggests she come between him and Matt—in bed. It’s a win-win-win situation…until somehow there are strings attached. And too late they realize they’re getting all tangled up.

With Strings Attached (San Amaro Singles, #1)With Strings Attached by Kelly Jamieson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Corey has a friends with benefits arrangement with her buddy, Matt. She just does not want him to help her so much that she gets dependent. Why is she okay to have him help her with orgasms and not other things?

Matt and his buddy Dylan are giving Corey a taste of the forbidden. As they explore each other maybe all of them can learn what true intimacy is. Matt is so devoted to all those he cares about. Dylan has a secret that may rock their world.

These characters were up to some pretty hot stuff. I thought the heat was dialing up and up while I was reading. Is it hot in here? Anyway, true to form, this author had me hoping for a cool cloth while I enjoyed the escapades of these three. Start of a great series, cannot wait to read more.

***This copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

How to Love (Book 2)

The greatest mistakes we make are the risks we don’t take. Ever since Jules’s new neighbor moved in, she’s been undressing him in her mind. Mike is the fresh inspiration she needs to make her erotic photography studio a success, if she can convince him and his equally buff roommate, Carlos, to strip for her lens. And maybe indulge in a little off-camera fun as well. Jules doesn’t do relationships, but she loves men and sex—and in her experience, most men are okay with that.

Judging from the raw emotions in the images in Jules’s gallery, Mike senses there’s a lot going on beneath her flirtatious, slightly cynical exterior. He and Carlos are happy in their committed relationship, but they’ve always felt there’s a piece missing. They want a woman. Jules could be that woman. Jules thinks sex is as intimate and committed as she can get. A threesome with two men already committed to each other is perfect for her—emotionally risk free. But when she learns Mike and Carlos want more than sex, can she open herself to real intimacy and love, not just with one man…but with two?

Slammed (Book 3)

Love’s a wave. And they’re about to get slammed. Brooke Lowry has a mission: fly to Tahiti, pluck PR nightmare Dylan Schell out of whatever party he’s in, bring him home and clean up his image. It was her idea for Jackson Cole clothing company to sponsor the pro surfer. But the chances of saving this deal—and her career—look pretty slim when she finds the sexy party boy “shooting the curl” with two beach bunnies. Dylan is finally getting back on track in his surfing career after a near-death accident.

The next big event would put him over the top…if it wasn’t being held in San Amaro, where he’ll have to watch his best friends Matt and Corey tie the knot and move on without him. What would help? A girlfriend so his friends don’t feel sorry for him. Brooke will do anything to get Dylan back to San Amaro — even be his date for a wedding. But suddenly Dylan finds himself facing a lot of things—his hometown, his past, his fears…and something he didn’t see coming…love.

About Kelly Jamieson:

Kelly Jamieson is a USA Today bestselling author of over 40 romance novels and novellas. Her writing has been described as “emotionally complex”, “sweet and satisfying” and “blisteringly sexy”. She likes black coffee, white wine and high heels…and of course cheering on her Winnipeg Jets during hockey season!

Connect with Kelly:

review 2018-09-13 19:08
The fairy tale you thought you knew...The story of the Sea Witch, the villainess from Hans Christian Anderson's classic tale The Little Mermaid.
Sea Witch - Sarah Henning

~BOOK BLURB~

Sea Witch

Sarah Henning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ever since her best friend Anna died, Evie has been an outcast in her small fishing town. Hiding her talents, mourning her loss, drowning in her guilt.

Then a girl with an uncanny resemblance to Anna appears on the shore, and the two girls catch the eyes of two charming princes. Suddenly Evie feels like she might finally have a chance at her own happily ever after.

But magic isn’t kind, and her new friend harbors secrets of her own. She can’t stay in Havnestad—or on two legs—without Evie’s help. And when Evie reaches deep into the power of her magic to save her friend’s humanity—and her prince’s heart—she discovers, too late, what she’s bargained away.

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This wasn't exactly what I was expecting…at first its girls dancing with boys and "wouldn't it be fun if we got together with cousins, what fun we would have, oh la".  Ugh.  There was a little bit of darkness and witchiness lurking in the story at that point.  Then about 60% into it…BAM…the story takes a twist down the dark & nasty…

Overall that turn made this, by far, a better story than it was shaping up to be.  So if your willing to hang in there through the less than worthwhile parts of the story, I think it will end up being a mostly satisfying read, as long as you don't pick apart its inconsistencies. And especially, if you like the Little Mermaid, although it's more of a backstory than a retelling.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Theme or Tone~ 4/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 2.8/5

Backdrop (World Building)~ 3/5

Originality~ 4/5

Ending~ 4/5 Cliffhanger~ Well…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Book Cover~ It's super gorgeous…love it.

Narration~ 3.5 for Billie Fulford-Brown, she was okay…I just had a difficult time with her accent.

Setting~ Havnestad, Denmark

Source~ Audiobook (Library)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I used this for Fear the Drowning Deep Square in Halloween Bingo

review 2018-09-13 03:44
Dared and Confused
Dared and Confused - Adara O’Hare

This was sometimes weird, mostly sweet friends-to-lovers short story.

The sweet: Jackson has never been attracted to or interested in anyone, male or female, until his best friend Chet kisses him on a dare during a truth and dare game. And suddenly it's fireworks and Jackson realizes there are things about himself he didn't know that he didn't know. Watching him trying to sort out his confusion and figuring out he's gray-ace was a treat.

Chet was super patient and supportive, and he's clearly been in love with Jackson for years but never said anything so as not to pressure him. There was lots of good tension leading up to the sex scene, which thankfully wasn't too long. Still, I was starting to lose interest by the time it finished.

Jackson's mom was a pure delight, y'all. She was like Christmas in July. :D

The weird: Why would Jackson's dad be so opposed to him wanting to be a veterinarian? You need those on ranches. Just find someone else to run the ranch, geez.

I also didn't care much for the hyper-sexualized truth and dare game at the beginning. There is such a thing as being *too* close to your friends, lol. I did like how it was used later though; it was a nice little callback.

Oh, then there's the Texas-speak that's all over this book like burrs in a billy goat's hide. Darn tootin! :P You can either read it or it'll drive you up the wall, lol.