logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: an-arrow-against-the-wind
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-11-05 00:00
An Arrow Against the Wind
An Arrow Against the Wind - P.H. Solomon An Arrow Against the Wind - P.H. Solomon Another exciting book in the The Bow of Hart Saga. I am so happy I found this series last year, and this book shows growth as the P.H. Solomon hones his writing skills. There was some character growth, and plenty of action in this fantasy novel.

I enjoyed seeing old characters, as well as meeting some new characters in this one. I also loved the non-stop action from cover to cover! This series is a well written fantasy, and is very character driven, which I love.

The one fault I could find, is that while there is some character growth in this one, I noticed emotions and some situations being repeated from the first book in places. Not a major thing, and an easy fix, but I would have liked to see a little more growth, and slightly less repetition.

Over all, I really enjoyed this one, and highly recommend it to fantasy lovers! It's a great quest story, and one that's sure to please!

*I received an ecopy from the author for review, this does not affect my review in any way.*
review 2015-09-13 20:11
Great Story, Great Characters
Arrow's Hell (Wind Dragons Motorcycle Club) - Chantal Fernando

Arrow is a member of the Wind Dragons MC. His world was destroyed 5 years ago during a bad raid. Now, Rake's sister Anna is being brought around and he starts to feel life again. Unfortunately he feels he's seriously damaged goods and goes to extreme lengths to try to stay away from Anna.

This is the second book in the Wind Dragons MC series. Overall it was a great book. After what happened to Arrow in the first book, I was interested in seeing his story. Anna is smart and determined, something Arrow needs to be able to join the land of the living again. I only had one or two problems with this. Mainly, once Arrow finally claims her, he changes back to a non-responding jerk for a few. It's forgiven and doesn't ruin the story but is a little irritating since he hadn't acted like that before.

Overall I enjoyed this story. I like how the author wrote a good MC book without making it as gritty as some of the authors do. Highly recommend.

**I received an ARC of this story in exchange for an honest review**

show activity (+)
review 2015-07-17 23:24
Arrow's Hell
Arrow's Hell (Wind Dragons Motorcycle Club) - Chantal Fernando

She nibbles on her bottom lip. "Is everything okay?"

"It will be," I tell her heart-shaped lips.

It will be okay the moment I tell her how much I love her.

This book was an improvement from the first book in the series. I knew that after reading all that had happened during the first book that I would love reading Arrow's story. The main characters were great characters to follow and this book brought back all my favorite secondary characters. The plot of this book was also much stronger and cohesive than the first book.

Arrow was one of my favorite secondary characters from the first book. When the book starts it is five years since the events of the previous book and Arrow is still a broken man. Anna, Rake's sister, starts hanging around the club as she has moved back to town. Both Arrow and Anna can feel the spark between them but Arrow refuses to get close to another woman. I loved reading about Anna and Arrow. I just wanted Arrow to be happy again so I was happy that Anna showed up and broke down his walls. There was plenty of drama between them but when they were together sparks flew off the pages.

I was really happy that while there seemed to be a bit of the whole meandering plot that was in the first book it still was more focused than the first book. It seemed to have more purpose rather than wandering around from one event to the next.

I am really looking forward to reading Tracker's story next. This book did a good job at seeing that book up while still concentrating on Arrow and Anna.

review 2015-07-07 23:24
Book Review: Arrow's Hell (Wind Dragons MC #2) By Chantal Fernando
Arrow's Hell (Wind Dragons Motorcycle Club) - Chantal Fernando

For some strange reason I have mixed feelings for this book. On one hand it was great, but on the other I felt like it disrespected women. I was almost suffocating from the stink of alpha males coming off the pages. I understand it's a biker novel and that that goes hand in hand, but would it kill someone to dial it down a bit? Also, the book kept repeating how big and good looking EVERYONE was, by the end I was skimming through.

I started out not caring for who Arrow was, then I started liking him and finally I ended up disliking him. For someone who claims to love Anna he has a funny way of showing it. I know he's a biker (which apparently equals almost no emotion whatsoever), so I can't expect any emotion out of him. Well my response to that is: sue me! I'd rather read fiction.

Anna had a backbone with everyone except Arrow. She dealt with her brother, her friends, the weird and barely mentioned guy friend at college, but when it came to Arrow with another woman on his lap she just made it clear that she saw what he did and ran to her room.

Onto things that I liked in this book: the pacing of the story was awesome, Anna's backbone, the Anna situation (in the beginning) was intense and ended up serving a purpose by the end and the ending scene where all is right in the world once more.

Favorite Quotes:

"I want a partner, not someone who thinks he can control me."

"If they hurt you, they die. Painfully."