logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: audible-romance-package
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-04-26 15:27
Audio Review: How to Date Your Dragon (Mystic Bayou #1) by Molly Harper (Narrators: Amanda Ronconi & Jonathan Davis)
How to Date Your Dragon - Molly Harper, Amanda Ronconi,Jonathan Davis
How to Date Your Dragon

(Mystic Bayou #1
Molly Harper (Narrators: Amanda Ronconi & Jonathan Davis)
Paranormal Romance
Audible Studios
January 23, 2018
6 hours and 33 minutes
Audible Romance Package

The first book in Molly Harper's uproariously funny, sinfully sexy new Mystic Bayou series!

Anthropologist Jillian Ramsay's career has taken a turn south.

Concerned that technology is about to chase mythological creatures out into the open (how long can Sasquatch stay hidden from Google maps?), the League for Interspecies Cooperation is sending Jillian to Louisiana on a fact-finding mission. While the League hopes to hold on to secrecy for a little bit longer, they're preparing for the worst in terms of human reactions. They need a plan, so they look to Mystic Bayou, a tiny town hidden in the swamp where humans and supernatural residents have been living in harmony for generations. Mermaids and gator shifters swim in the bayou. Spirit bottles light the front porches after twilight. Dragons light the fires under crayfish pots.

Jillian's first assignment for the League could be her last. Mystic Bayou is wary of outsiders, and she has difficulty getting locals to talk to her. And she can't get the gruff town sheriff, Bael Boone, off of her back or out of her mind. Bael is the finest male specimen she's seen in a long time, even though he might not be human. Soon their flirtation is hotter than a dragon's breath, which Bael just might turn out to be....

Amazon

This book is an Audible Original. The print copy has yet to be releases, but I encourage you to listen to the audiobook.

Audio: This was my first time having two narrators. They did a wonderful job. It took some getting use too having a female and male narrator, but I did enjoy the different voices. I liked how it changes in each chapter; between the two narrators. It was different, but enjoyable. I will say I liked Amanda Ronoconi’s Cajun accent. Jonathan Davis did a good job too, but I did prefer the female narrator.

Our lead characters: Jillian is smart and kind, but can also be a firecracker. Bael is gruff, but he cares about the residence of Mystic Bayou, unlike the other dragons in town, which makes him an outcast in the family.

The romance: It was a little to fast for me, but still satisfying. I would have liked them to have spent more time together developing the romance. We kinda skip the dating steps. Bael jumps headfirst into his feelings for Jillian. She’s a bit more reluctant, but in the end they where a nice couple.

I had so much fun with How to Date Your Dragon. Their where several funny moments that had me laughing out loud. I got a kick out of why Jillian ended up going to Mystic Bayou instead of the man that was picked out for the job. I adored the town, Mystic Bayou, and the characters. The story was short and will probably be novella length when it is printed. The plot packed a punch. We get Jillian’s introduction to the town, a little mystery when towns people start dying, and a suspenseful plot. The story moved at a nice pace and kept me captivated. Their are a few twists that where intriguing. I loved several of the secondary characters we met; especially Babel’s friend the town’s Mayor, Zed, who’s a bear shifter.

I adored listing to How to Date Your Dragon and can’t wait to return to Mystic Bayou.

Challenge(s) (2018): AudiobookTry Something New ~ Series

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2018/04/audio-review-how-to-date-your-dragon-mystic-bayou-1-by-molly-harper-narrators-amanda-ronconi-jonathan-davis
review 2018-04-19 15:43
Audio Review: Kiss of Pride (Deadly Angels #1) by Sandra Hill (Narrator: Erin Bennett)
Kiss of Pride - Sandra Hill
Kiss of Pride

Deadly Angels #1
Sandra Hill (Narrator: Erin Bennett)
Paranormal Romance
Tantor Audio
August 18, 2014
11 hours and 8 minutes
Audible Romance Package

Is he really a Viking with a vampire's bite? An angel with the body of a thunder god? A lone wolf with love on his mind?

Alexandra Kelly, his prey, thinks Vikar Sigurdsson is either flat-out crazy or he's trying to maneuver her into his bed - which is hardly where a professional reporter should conduct an interview, tempting as that prospect might be. Until Vikar does something a teensy bit unexpected, and Alex begins to wonder whether her mystery man could really be everything he says he is: a Viking vampire angel on a thousand-year-long mission with his pack of sinful brothers - and a man who's finally found the woman of his dreams. By then, Vikar is already wrapping his chiseled arms around Alex's body - and sinking his wicked fangs right into her neck. If this is sin, why does it feel so good?

Contains mature themes.

Kiss of Pride is book one in the Deadly Angels series by Sandra Hill and narrated by Erin Bennett.

Well I really wanted to like this book. I found the concept of Viking Warrior Angel Vampires to be cool, but unfortunately Kiss of Pride didn’t work out for me. I had a tone of issues.

To start I was confused throughout the book. The explanation’s of things where confusing. We have the Vangels, the good guys, then Lucipires, the bad guys, and then their are their servants who have all these weird names and I couldn’t figure out what they do or their purpose. If I had had the eBook or Book copy I could have re-read that section and seen it with my eyes to try to understand, but I was listening to the audio.

I didn’t care for all the sin, redemption, and crimes against God that are showcased throughout. Most where just run-of-the-mill kinks and non-vanilla sexuality. At one scene the 7 Vangels are reading the details online about the Sex Cruise the Lucipires are putting on to get souls and when they read all the different things to happen, well they come of as old aunties. Then we have Alex’s danger; which is that she is contemplating murder or suicide from depression, because of the death of her husband and daughter by drug lords. This is made a big deal of only; because both are SINS.

Alex’s backstory wasn’t all that good and came across as a way to manipulate the story and reader. The author only obsesses on Alex’s backstory when the story needed angst, but then it’s quickly forgotten, so we can have some goofy hijinks and idiotic dialogue. At another point in the story Alex flips out over Sigurdsson having more then one wife and concubines, but that issue was never discussed or resolved, it was just a way to get Alex outside, so the Lucipires could get to her. Manipulation!

Then at one point into the story the author uses 9/11 for one of her Vangels backstories, having him hold himself responsible for letting this happen. Using this convenient background detail to give weight to the character felt a little skeevy. Their where more backstories like this throughout to give weight and depth to the Vangels, but it didn’t work.

I didn’t care for all the different references to things in the 20th century; like Twilight, Sookie Stackhouse, Anne Rice, Buffy and more. At first it was funny, but then it got tiresome. They where overwhelming and redundant. I know the author was trying to be funny, but it was to much. It need less of this.

The romance between Alex and Sigurdsson. I didn’t feel it at all. It was to be this fated connection between them, but their was nothing tender, just a bunch of silly lines. And, then we have the near-sex that they have, which was laughable; because no they can’t have sex before marriage it’s a sin, but having any sexual relations before marriage is a sin, but the non-sex is a lesser sin….

Last, we have the whole blood cleaning thing which turns both Alex and Sigurdsson on. I wanted to know if this is just them or does it happen with others? It was never clear. From what I got the Vangels have to drink the blood of those tainted by the Lucipires to cleans them of the taint that slowly crops them to do sins, but also this cleansing is needed for the Vangels to survive. It was all a bit too confusing and not well explained. At one point I was upset about a scene where they do this blood cleansing thing; because the Vangels are all about free will, yet Sigurdsson takes it away from Alex at one point. What got me is God is all about the free will and this was so contradictory. Yes, they are to save the sinners, but that doesn’t give them the right to take that choice away.

Kiss of Pride was all over the place with contradictions, manipulative backstories, punishing the sinners, redemption, and more. I was so confused and frustrated. I’m not sure as to why I listen to the whole audiobook. I keep asking myself why I did. I have no plans to pick up another book in the Deadly Angels series.

Audio: Narrator Erin Bennett was acceptable. Her voices where distinct and I new who was who when talking. I could tell the different between male and female, but also the different characters. I wasn’t overly impressed only because I didn’t care for the story. Nothing against Bennett.

Rated: 2 Stars

Challenge(s) (2018): AudiobookTry Something New

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2018/04/audio-review-kiss-of-pride-deadly-angels-1-by-sandra-hill-narrator-erin-bennett
review 2018-04-05 15:56
Audio Review: Can’t Hardly Breathe (The Original Heartbreakers #4) by Gena Showalter (Narrator: Savannah Richards)
Can't Hardly Breathe - Gena Showalter
Can’t Hardly Breathe

The Original Heartbreakers #4
Harlequin Audio
August 29th 2017
11 hours and 55 minutes
Library

New York Times bestselling author Gena Showalter returns with an irresistible Original Heartbreakers story about a woman who's never felt desired and the man who wants her more than air to breathe…

Bullied in high school, Dorothea Mathis's past is full of memories she'd rather forget. But there's one she can't seem to shake—her long-standing crush on former army ranger Daniel Porter. Now that the sexy bad boy has started using her inn as his personal playground, she should kick him out…but his every heated glance makes her want to join him instead.

Daniel returned to Strawberry Valley, Oklahoma, to care for his ailing father and burn off a little steam with no strings attached. Though he craves curvy Dorothea night and day, he's as marred by his past as she is by hers. The more he desires her, the more he fears losing her.

But every sizzling encounter leaves him desperate for more, and soon Daniel must make a choice: take a chance on love or walk away forever.

Kobo

Can’t Hardly Breathe is book four in The Original Heartbreakers series. This book made me smile, swoon, laugh, and cry. It’s a story of getting that chance with your high school crush later on in life. I adore this series and was so happy to get Dorothea and Daniel’s story.

I really enjoyed the prologue. We are taken back to high school where we see bullying, dreams, and crushes. Both Dorothea and Daniel captured my heart. I was totally enthralled with Can’t Hardly Breathe. I was amazed at how well Showalter brought the characters insecurities to the for front and how they learned to trust and deal with their issues. I liked how she shined light on bullying and how much it affects people throughout their lives. Then their’s the PTSD storyline with Daniel and how that can affect people too. I was enchanted by this couple and how they came together and ended up relaying on each other. The dogs where a delight, an added bonus and it was great how they helped Daniel realize he needed support. The friendships in this series have been phenomenal. I just cherish how Daniel and his friends plus Dorothea and her friends come together to help make things right.

Showalter brought out the best and worst in her characters. She surrounded them with friends who are loyal. She wrote sensual and tasteful sex scenes that sizzle of the pages. Can’t Hardly Breathe is a lovely story of romance, love, forgiveness, and trust.

Audio: Narrator Savannah Richards has such a soothing and alluring voice. I’m captured from the moment I listen until the very end. Her rendition of the story brings everything out and makes it all that much more real. I highly recommend the audio version for The Original Heartbreakers series.

Challenge(s) (2018): Library LoveAudiobook

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2018/04/audio-review-cant-hardly-breathe-the-original-heartbreakers-4-by-gena-showalter-narrator-savannah-richards
review 2018-03-28 15:18
Audio Review: The Harder You Fall (The Original Heartbreakers #3) by Gena Showalter (Narrator: Savannah Richards)
The Harder You Fall (Original Heartbreakers) - Gena Showalter
The Harder You Fall

The Original Heartbreakers #3
Recorded Books
November 24, 2015
12 hours and 19 minutes
Audible Romance Package

From New York Times bestselling author Gena Showalter comes another scorching Original Heartbreakers tale featuring an aloof bad boy and the rowdy Southern belle who rocks his world…

Millionaire video-game creator Lincoln West has a dark and tragic past. The sought-after bachelor lives by a rigid schedule and a single rule—one relationship per year, lasting no more than two months. No exceptions. He moved to small town Strawberry Valley, Oklahoma, with his brothers-by-circumstance hoping to escape the worst of his memories—until a brash beauty dredges up long-buried emotions.

A reformed party girl, Jessie Kay Dillon is determined to walk the straight and narrow. But her love-hate sizzle with West is just too irresistible. They can't be near each other without tearing off their clothes, but the last thing she needs is to be his next two-month dump. Can she be the one exception? Because as any former girl-gone-wild knows: rules are made to be broken.

Kobo

The Harder You Fall is book three in The Original Heartbreakers series by Gena Showalter.

I’m just adoring this series and devouring the books one by one. I just love the hometown feel, the characters and what they go through, and last narrator Savannah Richards captures me from the moment I start listening to the very end.

In The Harder You Fall we have Jessie Kay Dillon and Lincoln West. Jessi Kay is Brook Lynn’s sister. We’ve gotten to know her as a party girl and Brook Lynn is constantly saving her. We also see that their is some type of hostility or is it chemistry; between Jessie and West. Lincoln West, the millionaire video-game creator. He moved to Strawberry Vale to help his friend out. He’s got some major issues; a dark past that’s filled with drug addiction, foster homes, and more. He’s never forgiven himself on what his best friend went through and what happened to his teenage girlfriend, so now he is punishing himself.

We finally get a better understand of Jessie Kay’s actions and why she did the things she did and we also get to understand West and his issues. We see that Jessie Kay is turning her life around and starting to value herself. She’s proving to her sister and herself that she can turn her life around and be good. She’s spontaneous, crazy, funny, and cares about her family and friends. I felt for her. As for West, well I’ve liked him since book one and couldn’t wait to see someone come along and help him out of his funk and get him to enjoy life. He needs a little life back in his life.

These two together where amazing. I loved their relationship and how it progressed. Jessie Kay just seemed to know how to help West get over his issues. They were made for each other and brought out the best in each other.

Audio: Savannah Richards is a wonderful narrator for this series. She brings out the heartfelt moments and channels the characters to perfection. I have no complaint’s. I’ve come to adore the audio’s and can’t see myself enjoying them in another way. I’m pulled in from the start to end.

The Harder You Fall is sexy, sweet, and tender in all the right places. I feel in love with this couple at the start and had a fun ride seeing them work through things and find happiness.

Each book can be read as a stand alone, but I highly recommend in order, if not you will miss out on the character connections and how they all come together to have these amazing relationships.

Challenge(s): Audiobooks (2018)

review 2018-03-14 14:40
Audio Review: The Hotter You Burn (The Original Heartbreakers #2) by Gena Showalter (Narrator: Savannah Richards)
The Hotter You Burn (Original Heartbreakers) - Gena Showalter
The Hotter You Burn

The Original Heartbreakers #2
Recorded Books
2015
11 hours and 40 minutes
Audible Romance Package

New York Times bestselling author Gena Showalter is back with a sizzling Original Heartbreakers story featuring a troubled playboy and the woman he can’t resist…

Beck O'ckley is ruthless in the boardroom...and the bedroom. He's never been with the same woman twice, and vows he never will. With a past as twisted as his, meaningless sex keeps the demons at bay. His motto: One and done. No harm, no foul.

Harlow Glass is the most hated girl in town. The beautiful artist is penniless, jobless and homeless. When she sneaks into Beck's home—her ancestral estate—for food, she's shocked by his early return...and her immediate, sizzling and intense attraction to him.

For the first time in Beck's life, he can't get a woman out of his mind. All too soon, friendship blooms into obsession and he'll have to break her heart...or surrender his own

Kobo

Their is just some special about The Original Heartbreakers series. I don’t know what it is that keeps me swooning and comeing back for more. Maybe it’s the small-town feel, the people who all have their own issues, pasts, and hatreds, or maybe it’s just Ms. Showalter’s amazing storytelling skills.

I was pulled in from start to finish and I couldn’t stop listening to the audio book narrated by Savannah Richards.

We are treated to Beck who is friends with Jase and West. They all moved to Strawberry Valley to start fresh, except Beck hasn’t changed his ways. He’s a player, a ladies man, and known as, One and Done. Then we have Harlow who grew up in the home that Beck and his friends now own. She’s lost a lot. Her mother, her home, and no one will give her a job all because of how she acted as a teenager; she was the town bully. She’s different, changed, but no one will give her a chances. No one has forgotten and so they give her a hard time, every chance they get.

The chemistry between Beck and Harlow is scorching. They have sparks from the start, but Harlow knows his reputation and will not be a one night stand and so she will settle for friendship. This book was fantastic. I was laughing out loud one moment and having my heart break the next. I just love the characters, the snarky humor, and those sexy scenes made me sigh with delight. This book is full of snark, steam, and lots of heart.

Narration: Ms. Richards is a wonderful narrator. She captured me. The voices are all distinctive and come across clear, crisp, and well defined. The small-town feels like a small town with it’s own unique people making a living in and around it. Everything from the setting to the characters felt genuine and passionate. I’m loving the audio books for The Original Heartbreakers series and I plan to continue the series in this formate.

Challenge(s) (2018): Audiobook

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2018/03/review-the-hotter-you-burn-the-original-heartbreakers-2-by-gena-showalter-narrator-savannah-richards