logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: audiobook
Load new posts () and activity
review SPOILER ALERT! 2020-05-28 09:30
Book review : I wanna text you up teagan hunter
I Wanna Text You Up - Teagan Hunter

May 24-28

When I put up a ROOMMATE WANTED poster, he was the last person on earth I thought would respond.

He was also the last person on earth I'd agree to let live with me...on purpose.

But, here we areā —roommates. I'm certain we can coexist without it being awkward, and I'm determined to make it work. There will be no sexual tension building with each accidental touch, no flutters when he wears that stupid backward baseball cap, and definitely no flirting when we text back and forth.

Caleb Mills can't be the guy for me. He's my best friend's ex-boyfriend.

And that would be wrong...right?

Review : I loved the sequel I love Caleb and Zoe we met Zoe and Caleb in the first book Zoe is Delia best friend and Caleb is Delia's ex boyfriend. Zoe puts up a roommate wanted since Delia is moving in with her boyfriend Zach. She finds someone and it turns out to be Caleb who moves in with his adorable kitten Mittens . Zoe is into Caleb but she thinks its wrong since girl code but it doesn't stop her from flirting with him. Caleb disappears every Sunday. Caleb got injured and can't play baseball anymore . Caleb and Zoe get closer they end up kissing and then Zoe ends up finally talking with Delia and she just wants them to be happy . Zoe invites caleb on spring break at her parents house .They have a great time and end up finally having sex but then caleb leaves and Zoe is pissed I would be to . Caleb shows up at Zoe Rocky horror even dressed up . They end up talking after and Caleb talks about his family they are kinda fucked up so he cuts them off he wants Zoe he wants to be happy with her .

Quotes : I still cannot believe you’re ditching me to move in with your stupid boyfriend,” I tell Delia. “And goats. Don’t forget those sweet baby goats I bought her,” said stupid boyfriend interjects,

I’m a strange breed of people when it comes to notebooks. I use every square inch on a page. Doodles, notes, lists, random reading assignments—it all goes in my book.

You know those silly videos you see online with the hot guys playing with kittens? The big, macho dudes falling apart at the sight of them? That’s what’s happening right now, in this car, right in front of me—and it’s every bit as swoon-worthy as it is in video form.

Holy crap—that’s why you don’t want me to live with you.” He grins, and it’s full of playfulness for the first time since I pulled up. “You want me.”

Me: Oh, everyone already knows you were checking me out because they were too. I’m hot. *shrugs* Caleb: You are like a female version of Zach. You know that, right?

Me: I have this theory that you’re really a stripper and you’re just embarrassed and don’t want to tell anyone about it. That’s why you work such crazy hours and come home smelling like old ladies and sadness. Caleb: LMAO Caleb: Are you serious? Me: Dead. Caleb: Holy fuck. *dies* Caleb: Zoe, I am NOT a stripper.

Your cat has three beds. Explain that.” He lifts a shoulder. “Mittens has a bed-hoarding problem. He’s in therapy for it. Don’t judge him

I’m going to marry the shit out of you one day, Zoe. Just wait.”

review 2020-05-28 04:04
Review: A Murder of Manatees
A Murder of Manatees - Larry Correia,Rymor Publishing Group;Jerald Tuck Jr;Don Bilger;Carl Roehrich;Kimberlee Bowen;Larry Milton;Cindy Baldwin;Jennifer Luxmoore;Stacie Turner;Jane Parillo;Jimmie Espo;Adam Flaherty;Paul Legault;Karen Hyde;Marietta Giorno;Courtney Wetzel;Stacy O'

This was a hoot. It was full of camp and ridiculousness and it was fun to listen to.  It's a stupid funny space multidimensional adventure, and I recommend.

review 2020-05-28 03:47
Review: Tales of Beedle The Bard
The Tales Of Beedle The Bard (Hogwarts Library #3) - J.K. Rowling

This was a fun quick listen. I very much enjoyed the stories (fables). The narration was well done. This was a series of stories with the addition of notes from Albus Dumbledore and footnotes for non-magic readers.

review 2020-05-27 03:31
Review: Inside Jobs
Inside Jobs: Tales from a Time of Quarantine - Ben H. Winters,Scott Aiello,Ellen Archer,Kevin T. Collins

This was one of the audible monthly free listens.  I listened to this at work while binning and while I would love to say I couldn't focus on it because of the job, that's not the case.  It was a fun-ish listen; the stories had some comedy, and intrigue that made me laugh or gasp, but it was nothing to write home about.

I feel as though it was a good effort and the stories were decent, but I could only manage 3-stars.  The stories all take place during the "current global situation" and I can appreciate the thought behind it.  A little something to make you giggle during quarantine, or something the spike your heart rate.  I get the intentions behind it, and I applaud the authors and editors, as well as the narrators.  I just didn't love it.  It was not quite distracting enough.

But it's a quick listen with comedy, quarantined mobsters, estranged brothers stuck together in their childhood home, and a woman who is certain one neighbor murdered his b=husband and is slowly disposing of the body in pastry boxes every day. So it's worth a listen, especially if you're an audible member.

review 2020-05-26 02:14
Charlie Hernandez & the League of Shadows by Ryan Calejo
Charlie Hernandez and the League of Shadows - Ryan Calejo

Audience: 4th Grade & Up

Format: Audiobook/Library Copy

Myths, my abuela used to say, are truths long forgotten by the world.

- first sentence

Charlie Hernandez knows the Hispanic myths inside and out because his abuela (grandmother) has been telling him stories about them since he was very young. Then one day, he finds out that all the monsters that he thought were myths, are actually real. Not only are they real, but they are trying to break through the barrier between life and death.

This a great book for fans of the Percy Jackson series. I enjoyed listening to the audiobook and hearing the story told by someone who could pronounce all the words correctly instead of trying to imagine how they should sound in my head. We read this book for our middle school book club and will be zooming with the author this week. I'm so excited!