logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: audiobook
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-04-28 17:51
EMILY AND EINSTEIN by LINDA FRANCIS LEE
Emily and Einstein - Linda Francis Lee

Audiobook

3-1/2 out of 5 stars. Cute and kind of sad book. I have a little barker who single barks "Let me in!", "Pick me up!", "I want some!", etc. He's so demanding it cracks me up. So Einstein's little exclamations and Emily understanding them was believable to me.

The "old man" part I didn't understand. The quitting and not accepting paying jobs in New York for a career as a writer I didn't understand. She's not Nora Roberts and she's just starting out. That wasn't responsible especially living in the Dakota. And the marathon race didn't seem very pivotal to me even as much as the author was trying to portray it as such. Those are the reasons for my lower rating.

review 2017-04-28 04:54
Interesting beginning to a series
Slade, Book 1 in Team Greywolf Series - Eva Gordon

Cricket is a runt who has had to prove herself all her life. She is good at her job but wants out of her next assignment, calming Slade. Slade is working through grief and is a bit out of control. They spend time together and work together, until they cross a line. Danger pulls them apart and they realize they need to be together despite rules. I enjoyed the story although I found the narrator a little off, distracting.

I received this audiobook as a gift, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2017-04-28 04:33
Interesting mystery and sleuth
By P.B. Ryan Still Life With Murder (Nell Sweeney Mystery Series) (Volume 1) (3rd Edition) [Paperback] - P.E. Ryan

I enjoyed listening to this story which is the first I have read by Ms. Ryan. The historical aspect kept me interested. Nell Sweeney has survived a rough start to life and found herself in a better situation. Faced an unusual request, Nell finds herself using her smarts and past to find out who the murder was. I liked how strong she was and how committed to the truth as well. I look forward to reading or listening to more by this author.

I received a copy of the audiobook, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2017-04-27 03:52
The Shadow of the Torturer (audiobook) abandoned at 34%
The Shadow of the Torturer - Gene Wolfe,Jonathan Davis

I'm abandoning this audiobook. I've read it before in print and although the narrator isn't bad, I'm bored by it. The print version was actually interesting. The audio one just doesn't work for me.

review 2017-04-24 17:13
THE PLAGUE by ALBERT CAMUS
The Plague - Stuart Gilbert,Albert Camus

3-1/2 out of 5 stars. Translated from French.

I purchased this audiobook because I'm into apocalyptic/dystopian books and thought from the cover that this is what the book would be about. It's slightly like that. There's an outbreak of the bubonic plague in a town in Algeria which ends up being cut off from the outside world until it ends. So, an American book would have mayhem, bad guys trying to take over, love in the middle of the plague, starvation - this book had none of that. There was some discouragement but even the camp where people were stuck for months wasn't bad. The American version would have the camp be a hell on earth. There were a lot of speeches by different characters - a couple were actually moving. The book ended very mildly too. I'm just not used to this type of non-dystopian book.