logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: bad-apples-2
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-09-07 23:06
Ten Apples Up on Top!
Ten Apples Up On Top! - Theo LeSieg,Roy McKie

Ten Apples Up on Top! by Dr. Seuss is a picture book about animals seeing how many apples they can stack on their heads.  This book will help beginning readers read simple rhyming sentences.  Ten Apples Up on Top! also gives teachers a perfect opportunity to have students practice counting to ten and doing math.  An activity that can be done with this book is to have students count by ones to ten using red counters.  Another activity is to have students identify the rhyming words within the book and see if the students could think of anymore words that rhyme with the words in the book.  The Lexile Leveling system rates this book as 200L (1st grade).

review 2018-07-28 15:03
Review: The Apples of Idunn by Matt Larkin
The Apples of Idunn (The Ragnarok Era Book 1) - Matt Larkin

The Apples of Idunn by Matt Larkin is the first installment in The Ragnarok Era series. Odin swears vengeance against the frost giant who killed his father.

Plot 5/5: Excellent plot involving Odin of Norse mythology.

Characters 5/5: Vivid and vibrant characters throughout the story.

World building 5/5: Incredible world building that takes you directly into the world the author has created.

Pacing 5/5: Full of action, betrayal, loyalty, friendship, brotherhood, and love and sex (a bit descriptive, and visually vivid).

Writing 5/5: A few typos, but not in any way did it interfere with the story.

Overall 5 stars

I highly recommend this book to anyone into Odin or Norse mythology.

Purchased on Amazon.

review 2017-10-18 20:05
Five Slices of Halloween Horror – Bad Apples #BadApples
Bad Apples: Five Slices of Halloween Horror - Evans Light,Gregor Xane,Edward Lorn,Jason Parent,Adam Light

Bad Apples is Five Slices of Halloween Horror.

I received and read this book in October of 2014, but…

Bad Apples: Five Slices of Halloween Horror

MY REVIEW

These unique, gruesome and devilishly delicious stories will have you looking over your shoulder, jumping at every noise and shadow.

Be careful of wandering dark streets at night.

The authors twisted imaginations take horror to the highest levels with  surprise endings and plenty of twists and turns along the way.

Four stars all the way!

The Riggle Twins by Gregor Xane

Pretty gross and devilishly delicious with tricks and treats for the Halloween hater. Do you have a dark house on Halloween, no candy for the treaters? Beware…egging and tping are not the only tricks these children have in store for you. 4 Stars

Pumpkinhead Ted by Evans Light

What they did to Ted is so awful…I can’t tell you. You’ll have to read it for yourself. BUT, he is back, one year later, for payback. OMG. I never saw that coming. Evans Light takes me to a place that smacks me around and makes me scream UNCLE! 4 Stars

Ghost Light Road by Adam Light

Of course, someone saw the light. Of course, what happens next, had to happen. I actually laughed. Dumbasses! Here comes the badness. You think vampires and werewolves are scary, you haven’t met Uncle Jesse’s children…and you really don’t want to. 4 Stars

Easy Pickings by Jason Parent

Beware. What goes around, comes around. Like a cat playing with its prey, I know something is coming…Now…No, now….Uh Oh. 4 Stars

The Scare Rows by Edward Lorn

Children of the Corn and Supernatural on steroids. I didn’t see this story developing the way it did, but I should not have been surprised, with Edward’s twisted imagination. Horror, perverted sex and evil do go together well. I wondered how he would end The Scare Rows and I couldn’t help but laugh when I got there. Corn Whisky…HA HA HA HA HA! Excellent. 5 Stars

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Bad Apples.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  4 Stars

READ MORE HERE.

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • Thanks for visiting fundinmental!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/five-slices-of-halloween-horror-bad-apples-badapples
review 2017-08-26 21:11
The Duke of Snow and Apples
The Duke of Snow and Apples (Entangled Select) - Elizabeth Vail

Frederick is a duke in hiding. As a servant. Charlotte wants to land a husband. I picked this up because it sounded interesting, a gender-swapped Cinderella/Snow White, and I happen to really like fairy tale retellings. Plus, I bought this when it came out a few years ago.....and forgot all about it. Then I needed a book for one of the Bingo games/challenges I'm in (debut author shelf).
This really didn't work for me. There wasn't anything that I really liked. The characters, mainly Charlotte got better as the book progressed. (Okay, that's *1* thing). This read more like a historical romance with fantasy (magic/fey) elements thrown in. I couldn't decide what it wanted to be: a historical romance or a romantic fantasy. While there are overly descriptive moments (oh very many, my eyes crossed), I thought the world building could have been more. It was slowly paced.
Frederick was okay. He finely got some assertiveness towards the end. Charlotte, my first thought was: Spoiled brat. I. Did. Not. Like. Her. It took all of the book to somewhat like her. Or I should say, dislike her a little less. I can be quite forgiving when I adore the main characters.
When I'm on the fence about a rating, I really should write out what I want to say first and then star rate. A 2 is too high. Changing this to a 1. This would have been DNF'd but for the Bingo challenge.

review 2017-07-30 15:25
THE SIMPLICITY OF CIDER by Amy E. Reichert
The Simplicity of Cider - Amy E. Reichert

Sanna only wants to made the perfect blends of cider. Isaac wants to give his 10-year old son, Bass, a last innocent summer. Their worlds collide when Sanna's father hires Issac to work on their apple orchard. Sanna and Isaac are attracted but with the baggage both carry they try to keep is simple between them.

I loved Sanna and Isaac. They are both strong people who are carrying heavy burdens. Betrayals abound in this story--parents and children, husbands and wives, neighbors. Watching how the thinking of each character is muddled until they come clean with the truth is interesting. I liked how the chapters changed between Sanna and Isaac. I also liked how Eva, the real estate agent, also has some chapters from her point-of-view as well as Bass has a few scenes. I liked how Sanna's thinking develops in regards to the orchard and her burdens. I enjoyed this story.