logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: book-bloggers
Load new posts () and activity
show activity (+)
review 2015-09-29 15:48
Review: A Heart's Home by: Colleen Coble
A Heart's Home (A Journey of the Heart) - Colleen Coble

*I solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help me God*

Publishing Information: Thomas Nelson, August 2015

Safety rating: PG (Suggested age 13+) (This book is 100% clean, I am just not sure children under 13 would understand all of the character interactions.)

When I received this book, my first thought was, "Wow, this is really small!" It is 99 pages long. After reading the back I thought there was no way they would be able to fit in everything that needed to happen. They did but, lets just say it wasn't what I was expecting.

First thing, this is book 6 of a series, I didn't notice that until the book was in my hand. I hoped that everything would make sense anyway. To some extent it did but, there was lots of context I was missing for most of the characters.

That being said, the premise was good, and I did enjoy what I read. I just felt like I didn't have enough background information. It is like walking into a conversation between your friends, you may know what they are talking about but, you don't know what they have said about it. I wasn't that impressed with the ending either. I would like to read more from Colleen Coble, just not in this short story type format. Thank you so much for reading!

*I received this book from BookLookBloggers in exchange for an honest review*

For more information click here.

Yours Truly, signing off!

Kenzie

review 2013-10-17 00:00
The Author's Guide to Working With Book Bloggers - Barb Drozdowich

A book like this needed to be written. Now there's no excuse for authors not to know what a guest post or a blog tour is. Barb covers basic topics like what to look for when making a Query to the "Etiquette of the Blogosphere" and Social Media.

Nowadays authors promote themselves. They must have a a guide to help them through it. "The Author's Guide To Working With Book Bloggers" them a great insight on what to expect from the interaction with bloggers, how to make this partnership valuable for both sides and understand the book blogger's perspective. Very informative and reliable. Very informative and reliable, An instructive tool for authors.
review 2013-10-07 15:43
The Author's Guide To Working With Book Bloggers
The Author's Guide To Working With Book Bloggers (Building Blocks to Author Success Series) - Barb Drozdowich,Gwynnith Smith

This is a on-fiction book meant for, the title is a dead giveaway, authors, and as such I really enjoyed reading it seeing I’m an author. But I’m also a book blogger and I was impressed with how accurate this author, she doesn’t think she is, but this little book has just proven her wrong, can spin a yarn, a non-fictional one.

She gives authors the perfect insight in the book blogger’s psyche, as well as tips on how to befriend us and make the most of that friendship.

Her way of repeating certain things is done in a way to drive the message home and never feels pushy or over the top. Instead her way of steering authors toward a more personal approach of us bloggers was a much needed thing. As is the chapter she devoted to the reviews which are left by us, the book bloggers, and how authors should handle those, even if they are not what they hoped for.

All in all, a book every author should read before trying their luck on the book bloggers trail.

review 2013-08-26 00:00
The Author's Guide to Working With Book Bloggers - Barb Drozdowich It makes no difference if you are a new author starting out or one that needs a refresher course. This book is wonderful and can help an author succeed with their book and promotions. Everyone writer / author would benefit from this book. There is so much information that will get you started in the right direction.
A great job by the author.