logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: book-bloggers
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-10-03 01:40

Release Date: July 25, 2017
Reviewed by Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
5 stars
Arc Copy Provided for honest review

“An intriguing sexy paranormal novella that will satisfy your Shifter fix!” ~ Goodreads Review (Diane)

“The Alpha's Arrangement is a sexy and sweet tale of an Alpha finding his mate” ~ OMG Reads

“The introduction to Carter and the rush of all that sexy persona! Gah I knew I was in for a ride of some alpha goodness!!” ~ The Reader Blog

Izzy needs a fresh start, and moving to the mountains of Montana is just what she was looking for. When she finds the perfect home, she can’t wait to begin her new life and get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Little does she know that her home comes with a surprise.

Carter is known for getting exactly what he wants. When his mate shows up in his small town, the scent of her drives his instincts to claim her immediately. The problem is, she’s human and knows nothing about the shifter-wolves that live among her. Treading lightly isn’t his way, but he’ll do anything for his mate.
He has something up his sleeve to get her in his bed and in his life. Will Izzy resist? Or will she find out that, with the power of an Alpha, she’s unable to?
**The Alpha's Arrangement is a hot new wolf shifter book sure to melt your kindle. Enjoy!!**

I have to say that I am a big fan of Ryan Michele's books so I love reading everything and anything by her so I am glad to come across her latest release.

This was a light fun quick read filled with passion,humor and hotness.We loved it !

Carter realizes that Izzy is his mate after meeting her in the grocery store and sets out to make her his immediately .

I loved both these characters they were fun love-able,had a sense of humor and they had tons of chemistry between them.I loved how Carter went about courting Izzy without her even knowing what he was up to.He defiantly had a few tricks up his sleeve for sure.

Overall it was just a quick read that gave me more than a few chuckles and smiles throughout the entire story.Its the kind of story that makes you feel good and has you smiling at the exchanges between the characters as they were alot of fun to read about.

My favorite scene and part would have to be Izzy giving birth as she had me cracking up !
Omg to funny!

Looking for something light and fun with love-able character's this ones for you.

Recommend read to all !

5 stars from us

Ryan Michele found her passion in making fictional characters come to life. She loves being in an imaginative world where anything is possible and has a knack for special twists readers don’t see coming.

She writes MC, Contemporary, Erotic, Paranormal, New Adult, Inspirational, and many more romances. And whether it’s bikers, wolf shifters, mafia, or beyond, Ryan spends her time making sure her heroes are strong and her heroines match them at every turn.

When she isn’t writing, Ryan is a mom and wife living in rural Illinois and reading by her pond in the warm sun.

review 2017-10-03 01:35
Review for Rough and Rich by Hayley Faiman

Title: Rough and Rich
Series: Notorious Devils #6
Author: Hayley Faiman
Release Date: September 25, 2017
Reviewed by: Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
Kindle Edition
Arc copy for honest review
5 stars

Imogen Caroline Stewart-Huntington hasn’t always been a rich bitch, her sunshine blotted out by her husband’s need to soar.

Sloane McKinley Huntington III hasn’t always been a Devil, but the brotherhood was his ride to the next best high—a vice he couldn’t shake, until he didn’t have a choice.

Now, three years sober, he sees with clear eyes. Free from the shackles of prison, all he wants is a second chance, his sights set on one woman—his wife.

Imogen knows that money can’t buy love—but when the rough man who stole her heart barges back into her life, she can’t help but question if perhaps forgiveness will.

We have found another amazing author who writes MC romance books to feed our addiction and we are loving her current series so far.

This story was one that was a bit of and emotional roller coaster for the characters as well as the readers.I have to say that this story effected my heart as I really felt the pain that Imogene/Gennie was experiencing and it broke my heart.This story dealt with a lot of issues that many marriages and families experience even today.

I really enjoyed the characters Soar/Sloan and Imogene/Gennie and they we easy to get to know and become attached to.I have to say that Soar was not a favorite of mine at the beginning of the story but, he slowly started redeeming himself throughout the story and we started to warm up to him bit by bit.

This couple marriage was a train wreck and had you thinking that there was no hope at all for them.I have to admit that I always secretly root for my characters to find everything they are looking for like love happiness and forgiveness and even revenge but, this is the first story that I was not rooting for a happy ending for this couple.

When the story was said and done I can say that I really enjoyed the story and all the emotional drama that the story wrought but, stories like this always put me on edge and a bit shaky at times especially when the story is about abuse and cheating I never know if I am going to end up loving it or hating it.When the abuse being dealt is more about punishing the one you love because you were never able to deal with your own messed up past is unforgivable.

This couple held a really big secret and I was really amazed that they got away with it as long as the did.I have to ask myself why they choose to live the way they did when they had advantages that most people will never have.I understood why Sloan would be drawn to club life but, I honestly never thought that Gennie would have stuck around as long as she did.Just proves when one loves fully with ones heart and your know in your heart that they are your soul mate it is not so easy to walk away .My  heat broke time and time again for Gennie and the things she suffered through to stay beside the man she loved.

I have to say that Gennie was my favorite character in this current tale.I love how she loved with ones whole heart, she was strong and determined and I loved how she was not easily broken.I admired her for wanting to change her life and move on .I will say that she surprised the heck out of me where she choose to run to .Did she think that her life was going to change for the better when all she would be surrounded by was coldness and betrayals?

Omg ! I am not a violent person but ,throughout the story and its beginning I secretly rooted for someone to beat some sense into this damn a** stupid biker.Did I understand his own feelings for his pain and suffering most definitely but ,how he choose to deal with his pain and suffering was a totally different story.

I was feeling no love for this character....

The story was filled with so much sorrow and past regrets healing, forgiveness also filled with a ton of emotion that it tugged at your heart strings, as well as drama , suspense ,romance  and alpha males along with strong women who were about forgiveness that I could not help but enjoy it.The major characters had sparks and major chemistry and when they were together they created fire together making this story a really hot read as well as an emotional one.

I loved  being on this journey of healing and forgiveness and how a couple that truly loved one another found their was back to one another and even after all the bumps in the road they kept striving for their happily ever after all over again.

5 stars from us

32 years young... born and raised in California, did a stint in Oregon only to return to the Golden State. Lived that life a while until the Lone Star State called to us, Hill Country, Texas is where we call home, where our boots rest and loving that country life. Living the life with one bearded power pole climbing husband, two little boys that are full of energy and drive us crazy plus a chocolate lab named Optimus Prime.

review 2017-09-30 01:28
Book Review for Beyond Reckless by Autumn Jones Lake

Title: Beyond Reckless
Series: Lost Kings MC
Author: Autumn Jones Lake
Release Date: September 18, 2017
Arc copy provided for honest review
Reviewed by: Angles With Attitude Book Reviews
Kindle Edition

Blood doesn’t make you family, loyalty does.

Marcel “Teller” Whelan, Treasurer of the Lost Kings MC, has always been two things—honest and responsible. At ten years old, he was already taking care of his baby sister. At eighteen, he patched into the Lost Kings MC and took a major role in shaping the club’s future.

Three years ago, he thought he’d met the perfect woman, only to have her reject everything he is—a Lost King.

One bullet is a lifetime supply.

Now, after an accident that left a girl dead and Teller almost crippled, he’s struggling through the darkest time in his life. His niece, sister, and Lost Kings MC family are the only things holding him together, but his reckless actions are bound to drive everyone away.

Then, in the most unlikely place, he crosses paths with her again. The woman he once thought might be his perfect match.

Love soothes our inner demons.
Sparks fly for both of them. She’s the ride-or-die woman he needs, able to calm his many demons and bring the light back into his life. But she has a secret—one that forces him to lie to his brothers.

In chaos we trust.
When Teller’s brothers find out who he’s falling in love with, it will create a storm of chaos for the Lost Kings MC. But if there’s one thing Teller’s turbulent life has taught him, it’s that sometimes love is worth the chaos.

Beyond Reckless is the 8th book in the popular Lost Kings MC series, but can be read as a standalone.

“Amazing as always. Teller is...wow!” - Nothing but Sexy Books Blog
“With action, suspense, and plenty of steam, this is one MC Series you do not want to miss!” - Crazies R Us Book Blog
“Autumn has once again created another compelling and beautiful story of perseverance, love, loyalty and family and I hope she never stops writing about these characters and the LOKI world.” - A Girl and Her Books

Lets start off by saying that I love,love,love, this series and I thoroughly enjoyed each and every story so far and this current tale was no different.We loved it !I am glad that the author decided to continue Teller's tale onto another book as the story had so many issues to tie up or explain that the current story would have felt rushed otherwise.Teller is a character that is very complex and he doesn't show people the real him he as many layers that you really need to peel back those layers in order to get to know the real him.I think of him as the strong silent type but, don't get me wrong he is deadly as hell.

I loved Teller in this story and in the previous ones and I am so glad that he found someone  that was willing to peel back those layers and see the real Teller as he is a big softy at heart and very lonely even though he had his sister,Alexis and Murphy and of course the brothers.When I say lonely I mean that he secretly wanted what his brothers have found like Murphy and Rock and then of course Wrath.He was secretly wanting a women of his own and perhaps a family in time.

I found Teller to be super protective of those he loves,patient and kind ,loving and loyal .I love how he lights up every time he has his niece in his arms.I love how close he and Murphy are and the friendship they share.I think he is a big softy at heart.Then there is a whole other side to Teller that is seriously dangerous and deadly.The lengths he is willing to go through to protect his club his sister and her family and to seek revenge for a girl he barely new was short of amazing.

We saw Teller go through so many emotional changes in this story and his adjustment of his  sister becoming and old lady of his best friend and brother Murphy and off course recovering from his bike accident where someone tried to kill him in the previous story.I felt really bad for him at times as letting go of that responsibility for Heidi was not an easy thing for him and it really gutted him.Regardless of how close he and Murphy are changes are hard to except especially when the sister that you love above others is now is taking his best friends time when they were always in each others pockets to almost non existent.We saw him struggle between his wanting his sister happiness and fighting being jealous all the same. We see him struggle to adjust but, rekindling a romance with one of his past conquests is distracting him from all that.

Omg ! How I loved Charlotte and her fierceness and how feisty she was and also how she made me laugh.I found her to be the perfect match for Teller.I thought that this couple had amazing chemistry and they definitely burned up the sheets and they were super hot together.Charlotte is testing and challenging him at every turn but, Teller is proving to live up to that challenge.I think Teller is doing his best to win his girl!

I love when you can connect with the characters that you read about and I was able to do that with this couple.As always I love all the ins and out of the club and there drama .I love how all the characters of the previous books are all part of the current book.I think all the characters are amazing.Some of my favorites characters are Rock,Wrath,Trinity,Hope but I have to say that Wrath is and a all time favorite of mine..
He is definitely swoon worthy...
sigh...

Another amazing tale in this on going series that we love so much.I have to say this is one of my top three favorite MC authors.The story was a page turner for us and once we started we could not put it down.Another to go into the keeper pile for us .I have to say this is a series that I never get tired of reading over and over again.

Recommended read to all!
As Well as the series itself.

A personal note: This is a MC that must be read in order and not one to read out of it.Even though the MC members get their own story all the books connect to one another and also some characters have more than one book to continue their journey to finding their own happiness.

5 stars from us

“What’re you doing?” Teller asks in a low, gravelly voice.

My hands go to his belt working it loose. “You need to ask?”

One of his hands closes over mine. “Wait.”

I glance up, patiently anticipating his next words.

“I’m all fucked up.”

I squeeze and run my hand over his cock gently through his jeans. “You feel good to me.”

Finally he lets out a soft laugh. “Yeah, that works fine. I mean, I’ve got a lot of scars from my accident.”

I’m not used to men like him sharing their vulnerability with me.

I’m used to them acting like defensive assholes.

He’s so different.

“Everyone has scars.” My gaze collides with his intense stare. “They just mean you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you.”

His eyes widen and he traces his fingers along my jaw. “Get up.”

“But I haven’t even started,” I protest.

That edge of ferocity that I remember from our first encounter enters his eyes. He grabs me by my arms and hauls me to my feet. Then to my utter shock, he drops his shoulder and throws me over it. I yip and squeal, kicking my legs. “What the hell are you doing?”

He pops me on the ass once. “Quiet down. Where’s your bedroom?”

“Put me down.”

“I’ll find it on my own.”

I keep still, afraid he’ll drop me, but a few seconds later, he’s tossing me on my bed. I’m so glad I took five minutes to fix my sheets and blankets this morning. At least I won’t give off the impression I’m a complete slob.

He reaches over and flicks on the small lamp sitting on my nightstand. Without taking his eyes off me, he shrugs out of his cut and drapes it over the back of my desk chair.

He threads his fingers into my hair, tilting my head back and presses a hungry kiss against my lips. “You’re even sexier than I remembered and I didn’t think that was possible.”

Autumn was born and raised in Upstate, New York. She spends her free time listening to music, going to concerts and spending time with her family. She enjoys reading, writing, acting and horror movies. Her favorite books are mystery, thrillers, horror, romance, erotica and urban fantasy.

review 2017-09-29 08:24
Book Review for Hail No by Lani Lynn Vale

Title: Hail No
Series: Hail Raisers #1
Author: Lani Lynn Vale
Release: September 27, 2017
Reviewed by: Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
ARC copy provided for honest review
Kindle Edition

Evander Lennox doesn’t do anything he doesn’t want to do. At least, that is, until he’s sent to prison. The four years he’s incarcerated, he’s had no choice but to do the things that he’s asked to do, when he’s asked to do them. And now, if he doesn’t, it will mean a one-way ticket straight back to hell.
Once he’s free, it takes him twenty-four hours to get his old job back, his dog at home where he belongs, and an understanding that people aren’t as forgiving as he once thought them to be. He’s just about given up hope of ever integrating back into society when a woman slams into his heart, literally and figuratively.  *** Kennedy Swallow just wants to belong somewhere. When she was younger, her parents divorced, and chose to separate her from her twin. Fast forward fifteen years, and she’s finally getting to meet the family she’s always wanted to be a part of. To make that happen, she uproots her life and moves to the tiny town of Hostel, Texas—giving her almost everything she’s ever wanted. Just when she thinks she’s making progress in winning her family over, she finds out that her twin is ill, and the only reason her family tolerates her is due to the convenience of having a free caretaker whenever they might be in need of one. After a few eye-opening experiences, she quickly realizes that she’s being used. Vowing to herself that she’ll make the best of the situation, she begins to steel her heart. What she doesn’t prepare for is a man named Evander who sees that barrier as a challenge. *** It takes Evander all of ten seconds while watching the woman on the floor, bleeding from her jaw, to realize that maybe life isn’t as bad as it could be. This woman with her thrill for life, a crazy obsession with chickens, and a desire to be wanted, changes everything he thinks he knows. But it doesn’t take long for him to realize that just by being around her, the people of the town have judged her guilty by association. Her business suffers, and soon after, she realizes what it will mean to have him by her side—the loss of everything she’s worked so hard for. Kennedy knows that Evander is worth it. Evander, however, decides that he’s not letting another person get hurt because he was stupid enough to care.

iScream Book Blog - “Hail No = Hell Yes!”

Britt Red Hatter Book Blog - “As always, Hail No is an addictive book that will instantly suck you in and leave you unable to step away for even a second.”

MJ’s Book Blog and Reviews - “The first book of this new series was amazing, and had me going through all the feels.”

Evander and Kennedy

Ms Vale does it again.I have to say that this is a fairly new author to me that I started reading this past year and we started with her MC series that we absolutely love and we enjoyed her current Romantic Suspense just as much.

We really loved the story from cover to cover.The story had so much going on that it just kept you turning the pages to the very end.This was just such a sweet romance read with a great cast of leading characters from the onset of the story and I have to say that I loved them both.

I love it when you connect with the characters that you read about and Kennedy and Evander made it very easy to do just that.I loved when that happens because when that happens I know I am going to love the story to come and I did just that.

I always pick a favorite character in the story I am currently reading and I have to say I was just a little bit in love with Evander so I picked him.

What an awesome guy he was sweet ,kind ,patient, protective,generous,sexy and an amazing caring lover.I loved his interactions with Kennedy they were super sweet and how they were together as a couple and their sex together was super hot.An alpha for sure but kept himself in check.My heart broke a little bit for all the betrayals he endured like him going to jail for a crime he did not commit and have a brother who took part in his downfall.My heart broke for him and the shitty family he had and how they treated him yet he never gave up on them even knowing he should have.

Kennedy was a lover,spitfire,one who defies convention,sweet ,kind and and all around super sweet gal.My heart broke for her as well as her family treated her horrible to and I think for that reason it was easy to form a bond with Evander as they already has so much in common.

My favorite scenes in the story for me were the scene in the grocery store and her digging that  hole in her backyard.One scene showed just how protective she was of her man and how she had know problem standing up for the man she loved and the other was just showed you how much she loved him and the lengths she went to in order to lessen the pain he was feeling.

A great read with tons of twists and turns and betrayals but , also about how an unlikely pair of lovers who found solace in one another and one who was willing to see into the heart of her man and believe him when others thought him to be nothing but a criminal and ex con.When Kennedy sat down in that diner across from Evander even after he warned her away saying he was a bad bet had me cheering and saying go girl ! This sweet and quiet girl had fire in her!What a surprise and I liked it !

A recommended read to all!

5 stars from us

I’m a married mother of three. My kids are all under 5, so I can assure you that they are a handful. I’ve been with my paramedic husband now for ten years, and we’ve produced three offspring that are nothing like us. I live in the greatest state in the world, Texas.

review 2017-09-28 23:55
Book Review for Love Profound by Kelly Elliott

• Love Profound
  • by Kelly Elliott
  • File Size: 2222 KB
  • Print Length: 330 pages
  •  ISBN: 1943633355
  • Publisher: K. Elliott Enterprises, INC (September 19, 2017)
  • Publication Date: September 19, 2017
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
  • Language: English
  • ASIN: B0731K1JNK
  • Reviewed by: Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
  • Arc Copy Provided for Honest Review

I write about love, but I’ve never experienced it. Sure, I’ve been with guys that I cared about. Even thought I found ‘the one’. He turned out to be the frog and not the prince.

A few Frank Sinatra songs and a wildly handsome cowboy who calls me Darlin’, will have me second guessing everything I ever thought I knew about love.

Does happily ever after really exist…or is it only something I write about in books?

Love Profound is book two in the Cowboys and Angels series.

The more I read this author the more I like her writing.This is the the second installment and I really enjoyed Amelia's story as I loved her in the first book.

I really enjoy stories like these where the main characters have a slew of over protective brothers who are always in their little sisters business and love life threating any man who even tries to approach her as they alway threaten to pound the heck out of who is even brave enough to attempt seduction.It makes for some really funny interactions when Amelia stands up to them and gives them shit right back.Amelia is a bit of a spitfire so you can just imagine how frustrating and funny these situations are.For all their protectiveness and bullying  you can see just how close all these siblings are and how much they love one another.I really love that.

The more a read about this family of brothers and sisters is that they all have their own demon's and own insecurities but when they fall they fall hard and Amelia was no different.

I loved Amelia as she was funny quirky a spitfire,speaks her mind, is someone sexy and beautiful at yet doesn't flaunt it or really even own it  .She is just a girl comfortable in her own skin and in touch with her needs and wants when It comes to her own sexual needs.

Wade omg! , what a heartthrob I have to say I fell head over heels for him myself just for the kindness and sweetness her showed Steeds and Paxton's daughter Chloe and how they were friends.Favorite and one of those ah moments is when Wade gives Chloe flowers when picking Amelia up for a date so her feeling weren't hurt saying it was best friends day so she wouldn't feel left out.My heart swooned right then and there.I found Wade to be compassionate and kind and caring and just a super sweet fun loving cowboy with a really big heart.

This was a real cute and fun quick read for us.I loved the characters especially Amelia's brothers and her sister Waylynn they were fun and engaging to read about.I loved the chemistry that Wade and Amelia had between them it was hot as hell as they gave off sparks when they were in the same room together.The sex scenes were sweet and sexy and hot.

We have to give a shout out to Aunt V what a pisser she was.You had to laugh out loud every time she opened her mouth.She was really a funny lady and the things she spoke about were just outrageous and funny.
(Grinning)

And we loved Waylynn to as there is more than meets they eye with her.She lost herself for a bit but she's finding the self she buried and I can't wait to see the trouble she stirs up once she is back in full force.Looking forward to her story down the line.

I loved how Amelia wrote about love and romance yet never really experienced it herself  and yet after meeting Wade and falling in love she will definitely have some racy new and sexy material finding it's way into her new books as she is now experiencing some of the things she only wrote about.I loved that Amelia was a risk taker and that bathroom scene with Liam proved just that.
(grins)

What a light fun romance read that we really enjoyed reading cover to cover and we can't wait to read the next book in its series.

Amelia can finally say she definitely got to ride a cowboy and it was amazing and life changing and she loved it !

Recommended read to all!

BUY NOW

Amazon |  Amazon UK  |  Amazon AU  |  iBooks  |  B &N  |  Kobo

author-photo
Kelly Elliott is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling contemporary romance author. Since finishing her bestselling Wanted series, Kelly continues to spread her wings while remaining true to her roots and giving readers stories rich with hot protective men, strong women and beautiful surroundings. Her bestselling works include, Wanted, Broken, Without You, and Unconditional Love, to name just a few. Kelly has been passionate about writing since she was fifteen. After years of filling journals with stories, she finally followed her dream and published her first novel, Wanted, in November of 2012. Kelly lives in central Texas with her husband, daughter, and two pups. When she’s not writing, Kelly enjoys reading and spending time with her family. She is down to earth and very in touch with her readers, both on social media and at signings. To find out more about Kelly and her books, you can find her through her website. www.kellyelliottauthor.com

FACEBOOK | TWITTER| GOODREADS | AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE