logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: book-buying
Load new posts () and activity
Like Reblog Comment
review 2018-02-02 13:05
Review For: Buying the Heiress by Stella Stone
Buying the Heiress (Alpha Billionaires Book 1) - Stella Stone,Stella Stone,Pink Ink Design

Buying the Heiress by Stella Stone is the story of Sterling Montgomery and Tilly Harrington.
Tilly finds herself on a auction block after her former rich parents can't pay their bills.  Tilly is not sure what will happen next to her but when she looks up she sees Sterling in the buying room.
Sterling and his other rich friends are board of the same old same old.  When one of them invites them to go to an auction to break up their boredom they go for it. Sterling thinking this is a dumb ideal until he looks up and sees Tilly.  Sterling knows of Tilly through what he has heard trough her parents circle.  But when he sees her at the auction he knows that she is his.
This was a hot, quick instant love book.   This was my first book by this author but I so enjoyed this one that I hope to read more of her books soon.

Source: www.amazon.com/Buying-Heiress-Alpha-Billionaires-Book-ebook/dp/B07B13VFNW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1519594105&sr=8-1&keywords=Buying+the+Heiress+by+Stella+Stone
Like Reblog Comment
show activity (+)
review 2016-02-12 08:07
Used and Rare: Travels in the Book World
Used and Rare: Travels in the Book World - Lawrence Goldstone,Nancy Goldstone

There's a blurb on the back of this book from Kirkus Reviews that says Used and Rare is  "A sort of Year in Provence for book lovers."  This is the perfect description for this book, except it was funnier; I laughed out loud in several places.

Used and Rare chronicles the journey of the Goldstones into book collecting, starting with an innocent search for a used copy of War and Peace suitable for a gift.  This is how lifelong, obsessive passions begin.  In fact it occurred to me as I read this that I have reason to be thankful that MT does not share my passionate love of books because if he did, we'd be the Goldstones and I shudder to think of the swath of destruction the two of us having a shared passion would wreck on our finances.

Having started reading this last night before bed (and making MT stay awake long enough so I could read parts of it aloud to him), I blew off everything I had to do today so that I could sit down and finish it.  It's well written, it's funny, it's interesting and surprisingly it has what could sort of be called a plot, in that there's a journey these two take through book collecting and by the end of the book they come out the other other side with realisations made and lessons learned.  In fact, the way the book ended was just the cherry on top of a perfectly lovely read.

This book isn't necessarily going to appeal to people who love to read, but people who love to own books and take great pleasure in being physically surrounded by the works of authors who have educated, entertained and changed them for better or worse?  I think those people would love this book and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.