logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: book-for-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-06-18 21:01
The Paris Spy
The Paris Spy - Susan Elia MacNeal

I cannot get enough of this series so when I saw this latest installment on Netgalley I just had to request it. No matter what is happening in my life I am always up for reading about Maggie Hope. This time Maggie is in Paris trying to find a spy that she believes might have been compromised and also trying to find her half-sister Elise.

While this was was not as dark as some previous books in the series this is still pretty dark and filled with heartbreak for Maggie and readers. As with the other books in the series this follows not only Maggie but other characters. You really grow close to the agents in Paris the more that you read and can't help but feel despair at what happens to certain characters.

One of my favorite parts of this book was the growing relationship between Maggie and her sister. They were able to really bond in this book and I hope their relationship gets a chance to grow even further in the future.

I was not expecting the ending and it has left me dying to know what happens next.

review 2017-06-13 01:03
Room for Doubt
Room For Doubt (A Carol Childs Mystery) ... Room For Doubt (A Carol Childs Mystery) (Volume 4) - Nancy Cole Silverman

After the last book in this series I wasn't sure if I was going to continue reading this series. I ultimately decided to give this book a try and I am glad that I did. Carol is back with a really interesting mystery surrounding a death that police have ruled a suicide. Carol's investigation with the help of pesky but hunky PI Chase will lead her to discover covered up murders that just might lead her to a group of women determined to get justice.

I was glad that Carol didn't seem too over her head in the investigation in this book. Her decisions and behavior (especially towards the end) really surprised me. I have to admit that I didn't like the relationship between her and Chase or at least what it became. I liked it better when she was annoyed with him.

While the plot at times seemed a bit far-fetched I still really enjoyed this book. I look forward to reading more from this series.

review 2017-05-07 02:56
Watching the Detectives
Watching the Detectives - Julie Mulhern

I'm starting to think that this series could never disappoint me. I cannot tell you what you I felt when I saw that there was a new book in this series. Needless to say I enjoyed this one as much as I have the others in the series.

Ellison is such a great character to follow. I love her sense of humor and how strong a woman she has become. She also can't help but find dead bodies which provides endless annoyance for her mother and ends up putting Ellison in danger.

I figured out what the first deceased character had been doing that caused her to be killed a little before it was revealed but I was still wrong about who killed her. Ellison and I were both surprised in the end.

The end with Ellison and Anarchy left me with hope for a future romance between them. But then again I've been hoping for a couple of books now.

review 2016-10-09 14:40
Wolf's Mate
Wolf's Mate - Chantal Fernando

Vinnie has been one of my favorite secondary characters throughout this series so I was really happy to finally get to read his story. For the most part he was the same Vinnie that I loved from the other books. There were parts though that he became super cold and kind of a jerk and that is not how Vinnie was previously. As far as Shayla goes I did like her. I loved th banter between Vinnie and Shayla in the beginning but once they started to open up to each other I felt like the special spark between them dimmed some. Yes they still had some pretty steamy scenes but it just wasn't the same.

This series is very formulaic when it comes to the plot and this one is no different. Usually the girl lead is in danger and the guy comes to protect and save her. Once that danger is averted there is something (usually a misunderstanding or some sort of fight) that tears the couple apart and then they get back together again. This one definitely followed that and I felt it also threw in some romance cliches. The first half of this book was definitely what I liked the most.

Up next in this series are Faye and Sin (again!). I  definitely looking forward to reading that one.

review 2016-07-31 00:28
Wild Ride
Wild Ride (Wind Dragons Motorcycle Club) - Chantal Fernando

I really wish this would have been a full length book and not a novella. After the last book I had really hoped that Tia and Talon would get together. This novella follows both of them and their growing relationship.

I couldn't get enough of this novella. The sparks flying between Tia and Talon had me hooked and dying for more. I really liked that when they finally got together that they didn't let anyone else's opinion of their relationship get in the way. They are probably one of my favorite couples of this series (second to Sin and Faye).

There was more to the book than just Tia and Talon's relationship. Talon is having problems with his MC. I was really interested in this storyline and was really disappointed with the abrupt ending. Nothing gets solved at all and I was left hanging.