logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: book-quotes
Load new posts () and activity
review 2015-05-16 18:03
Angelfall - Susan Ee

I had forgotten about the part in which Penryn drops Raffe's wings -_-

( there's a perfectly good reason why this actually happened, and no I am not going to say anything else about it  ;)

Oh, and the "bird comment"?

Still, pretty  good :)

"Does mopping actually help humans feel better?" (..)

"I am not mopping," I whisper back.

"Of course you're not. A girl like you, spending time with a warrior demigod like me. What's to mope about? (..)

"You have got to be kidding me."

"I never kid about my warrior demigod status."

"Oh. My. God." I lower my voice having forgotten to whisper. "You are nothing but a bird with an attitude. Okay, so you have a few muscles I'll grant you that. But you know, a bird is nothing more than a barely evolved lizard. That's what you are."

review 2015-03-31 19:23
Sometimes you have to leave someone behind, Xhea thought.
Sometimes you're the one who gets left.
review 2015-03-25 02:45
The chef looked deeply concerned. “You think there’s a problem with his carrot?”
“Watercress, carrot—is everything food to you?” Jake demanded.
The chef shrugged. “Oui.”
“Well,” Jake said testily, “there is a string of Rutledge’s past mistresses who would undoubtedly testify there is nothing wrong with his carrot.”
“Alors, he is a virile man . . . she is a beautiful woman . . . why
are they not making salad together?”
Tempt Me at Twilight - Lisa Kleypas

I..just can't...LOL IRL

review 2015-03-24 23:04
Re-reading this
Tempt Me at Twilight - Lisa Kleypas

At least I know I'll enjoy it.

Beatrix sighed and watched as the macaque was carried away in his crate. “I wish I had a monkey of my own,” she said wistfully.
Miss Marks gave Poppy a long-suffering glance. “One might wish she were as eager to acquire a husband.”

_________

“No, you’re a rabbit.”
“A rabbit?” Poppy made a face. “I don’t like that. Why am I a rabbit?”
“Oh, rabbits are beautiful soft animals who love to be cuddled. They’re very sociable, but they’re happiest in pairs.”
“But they’re timid,” Poppy protested.
“Not always. They’re brave enough to be companions to many other creatures. Even cats and dogs.”

(..)

“I was going to say that Mr. Rutledge is a cat. A solitary hunter. With an apparent taste for rabbit.”

"Leo smiled faintly. “I have no idea what you just said. But I suspect it’s something about battering Poppy’s new husband into forest mulch.”

________

“Let him speak,” the companion said.
Leo threw her an exasperated glance. “Blast it, Marks, do you ever tire of telling me what to do?”
“When you stop needing my advice,” she said, “I’ll stop giving it.”

____________

“Cheer up, Marks,” he said briskly. “I’m sure that someday you, too, will find that one special person you can torment for the rest of your life.”
He was relieved to see her familiar scowl reassert itself.
“I’ve yet to meet a man who could compete with a good strong cup of tea.”

review 2015-03-04 19:42
Re-reading this...
Seduce Me at Sunrise - Lisa Kleypas

"Then you're a heathen?"
"Yes."
"Are you the kind that eats people?" Beatrix asked with great interest.
Win answered before Kev could say anything. "No, Beatrix.
One may be a heathen without being a cannibal."

__________________

"I despise you," she announced. Turning on her heel, she walked away from him.
Leo followed, carrying the ferret. "We've only just met. You can't despise me until you really get to know me."

lol