logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: book-review
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-04-29 17:35
Book Review for Unhinged Iron Bulls MC Meets Savage Dragons MC by Phoenyx Slaughter

Unhinged

Source: ARC
Genre:  MC Romance,Romance,Erotica,
Bad Boys

Blurb
When your whole world becomes unhinged, only love makes sense.

Kadence Rivers
My ex-stepbrother, Blaise Savage, is everything I don’t want in a man. Crude, rude, bossy, overbearing. Not to mention that he’s Vice President of the Savage Dragons MC. I’ve got enough bossy bikers up in my business. I don’t need another one, especially now. My newfound sister, Karina, is hooked up with the enforcer for the Iron Bulls MC, so I have all the domineering bikers I can tolerate in my life.
Besides, Blaise and me, we’re bad for each other. Sure, he’s hot and my body craves him like an addict. But we tried being together once before, and our love made us lie to the people we care about. We even lied to each other until one of us ended up getting hurt.
Blaise Savage
A couple months ago, I let Kady slip through my fingers because I didn’t tell her the truth. Not happening again. She’s smart-mouthed and totally frustrating, but she’s the only woman I’ve ever loved. Now I’ve got a second chance to make her mine, and I’m not throwing it away.
First, I have to keep her safe. She’s in trouble and I’ll do whatever it takes to protect her, even align my club with the Iron Bulls MC. And if we both make it out alive, I’m not wasting any time getting Kady right back where she belongs—naked and tied to my bed. Because the one thing I’m sure of, when my world goes crazy, loving Kady is the only thing that makes any sense.
Wow ! Another great story from this author .I have to say that I am really loving this series and its MC family members.

Blaise and Kady  have a unique relationship in fact they used to be step brother and sister.Something happened in their relationship that separated them. But, now something bad has happened to Kady and Blaise has a second chance to make right whatever went wrong that drove them apart in the first place. Blaise is determined to make her his again no matter what. He wants the women he loves back in his life and bed.The guy is oozing with charm and will have no problem charming her out of her panties in no time at all. (grinning )

I always have a favorite character that I love more than the others and my pick this time around is going to be Blaise. Omg! I fell for him  head over heals myself from the very beginning  he was just so sweet and yummy.I found him to be ,sensual,sexy,possessive,sweet ,lethal,love-able,understanding,forgiving and he was dripping with sexual appeal.Just loved everything about him especially his sensitive protective side.

Blaise and Katy had some major chemistry going on that made for many hot sexual encounters.A story about reconnecting and exploring their new sexual fantasies together. Blaise is the type who is shy and  more  reserved and Blaise he wants to explore more of the down and dirty side of sex they just have to find their happy medium and Luck is just the right person to introduce them to the new delights in the bedroom.

Its to funny that these hot as hell bikers like Dante and Blaise are going to Luck for sexual kink tips .Luck the bad boy biker dude actually teaches the classes himself.I have to say that the story had me laughing quite a bit with the sisters bantering back and forth about their sex lives with their men .The teasing between one another was just to funny.

Although this story concentrated more on the love affair between Blaise and Katy and their rediscovery of one another it was infused with danger ,betrayals,kidnapping, attempted murder humor and learning more about a missing brother making it a very interesting read that kept you turning the pages.I could not put it down.I just loved the story and its characters and the mixing it up with characters from the other MC clubs .

A recommend read to all who love MC romances.I have loved each and every book so far that I have read in this entire series.Another win for the keep shelf.

5 stars from us

About Author

Phoenyx “Nyx” Slaughter loves to read and write taboo stories—the filthier the better.
She loves to travel and meet new people with similar interests. Feel free to visit her on facebook or send her an email: NyxSlaughter@gmail.com

review 2017-04-29 17:04

Source: ARC
Genre:  MC Romance,Romance,Erotica,
Bad Boys

Blurb

From the first time Muerto laid eyes on her, he wanted her on her knees, his hand pulling her long black hair back.

Six feet of muscles and tats make Muerto a magnet for women. Being an officer in the Night Rebels MC is an added bonus. He likes the drama of hooking up with citizen women and the casualness of the club women, but he’s never found a woman who stirs something deep inside him.

Until she comes into the club’s pool hall.
She hustles the customers.
She gives him attitude.
And her smoky gray eyes pull him right in.
He figures he’ll go a couple rounds with her, then move on to the next woman.

The problem is that he can’t get the sassy pool shark out of his mind. And he can’t stop thinking of all the nasty things he wants to do to her.

Raven Harris grew up with pool cues in her hands. She has the game in her blood. Healing from a broken heart, she isn’t interested in meeting another man.

Then she meets Muerto. He’s sexy, rough, tatted, and arrogant as hell. He screams heartbreaker. Not wanting to do another spin on the heartbreak carousel, she pushes him away. But her body wants him in the worst way.

As Raven begins to let Muerto into her life, someone lurks in the darkness watching her...waiting to strike. And soon she’ll be plunged into a terrifying fight for survival.

Will Muerto be able to stop the madness that threatens to destroy their chance at love and happiness?

The Night Rebels MC series are standalone gritty romance novels. MUERTO is Book Two in the series. This book contains violence, strong language, sexual assault (not graphic), and steamy/graphic sexual scenes. It describes the life and actions of an outlaw motorcycle club. HEA. No cliffhangers. 18+.

Let's start off by saying this is a brand new author to us and we really enjoyed our first read by them.What a great cast of characters that were a lot of fun.One of the things I loved most about this cast of characters were all there nicknames.

Raven and Muerto made the perfect couple.Their chemistry was amazing but what's more their sexual encounters were sensual
sexy and fun.I loved the storyline as it was different than anything that I have read before .Raven and artist as well is a jewelry maker is also pool shark and likes to hustle people for money. Muerto a bada** biker who runs a bar could this couple be anymore different?

Muerto has always had women falling at his feet but with Raven its going to be a challenge.I loved the cat and mouse game that this couple played with each other.It made for quite a few laughs and smiles.Raven is suffering from heartbreak and betrayal and the last thing she has on her mind is adding another man into her life but her heart and mind are saying no but her body is screaming yes!Fighting this attraction is killing her and yet she is determined not to give in.

I alway pick a favorite character in a story and mine is going to be Raven.I found her to be sexy,smart,daring,confident,funny, snarky,
independent an so much more.I loved her from the onset as she just had a larger than life personality.

Muerto on the other had a cocky attitude, was funny,possessive,bossy,protective,sexy as sin and could be deadly when he needed to be.We saw more of his sensitive side when he was dealing with Raven and how he could be patient and kind.I felt that he tried to keep himself in check and tried not to be to dominating in his relationship
with Raven knowing she would not stand for any of that nonsense.I think out of all the characters in this story we saw the most
 growth in his character throughout the story.Being in love changed him for the better yet still maintaining all those other aspects of his personality that made him that sexy cocky biker boy.

Love is never easy and their is someone determined to come between this couple and their blooming relationship.I have to say the twist and turns that the story took was so unexpected and full of surprises that I never saw them coming .I love the unexpected in a story its makes for more of an enticing read.

I loved the story from cover to cover.It was engrossing funny and a page turner that had a fantastic cast of characters that we enjoyed getting to know.I love when you can connect with the characters that you read about and I was able to do that with Muerto and Raven they were such a cute couple and so fun to read about you could not help but love them both.

A recommend read to all and looking forward to reading the other books it this MC series.Another great read added to the keeper pile.

5 stars from us

About Author

Chiah Wilder is the author of the successful Insurgents MC series.

Chiah's love of bad boys has inspired her Insurgents series. She loves an alpha male whose softer side is brought out by a passionate, spirited woman. Steamy, biker romances with rough, sexy bad boys are her guilty pleasure along with brownies, cheddar cheese, and movie marathons.

She is busy writing her next book in the series.

Chiah would love to hear from you. You can contact her at: chiahwilder@gmail.com

Visit her on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Chiah-Wilder-1625397261063989/

Join the Chiah Wilder Newsletter to get the scoop on new releases, previews, free short stories, and a whole lot of other exciting goodies: http://eepurl.com/bACCL1

You may find us here !

review 2017-04-29 03:26
Book Review: The Tea Rose
The Tea Rose - Jennifer Donnelly

Book: The Tea Rose

Author: Jennifer Donnelly

Genre: Fiction/19th Century/Romance

Summary: East London, 1888 - a city apart. A place of shadow and light where thieves, whores, and dreamers mingle, where children play in the cobbled streets by day and a killer stalks at night, where bright hopes meet the darkest truths. Here, by the whispering waters of the Thames, Fiona Finnegan, a worker in a tea factory, hopes to own a shop one day, together with her lifelong love, Joe Bristow, a costermonger's son. With nothing but their faith in each other to spur them on, Fiona and Joe struggle, save, and sacrifice to achieve their dreams.

But Fiona's life is shattered when the actions of a dark and brutal man take from her nearly everything - and everyone - she holds dear. Fearing her own death, she is forced to flee London for New York. There, her indomitable spirit propels her rise from a modest West Side shop front to the top of Manhattan's tea trade. But Fiona's old ghosts do not rest quietly, and to silence them, she must venture back to the London of her childhood, where a deadly confrontation with her past becomes the key to her future. - St. Martin's Griffin, 2002.

review 2017-04-28 14:51
Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress #4) by Jeaniene Frost
Destined for an Early Grave - Jeaniene Frost

Her deadly dreams leave her in grave danger

Since half-vampire Cat Crawfield and her undead lover Bones met six years ago, they've fought against the rogue undead, battled a vengeful Master vampire, and pledged their devotion with a blood bond. Now it's time for a vacation. But their hopes for a perfect Paris holiday are dashed when Cat awakes one night in terror. She's having visions of a vampire named Gregor who's more powerful than Bones and has ties to her past that even Cat herself didn't know about.

Gregor believes Cat is his and he won't stop until he has her. As the battle begins between the vamp who haunts her nightmares and the one who holds her heart, only Cat can break Gregor's hold over her. She'll need all the power she can summon in order to bring down the baddest bloodsucker she's ever faced . . . even if getting that power will result in an early grave

This book was another roller coaster live that is Cat and Bones. While Cat is moving around a lot in this book she still is with all the familiar faces, some more than others.

Since meeting Bones and teaming up with him, Cat had many challenges but this one might be one of the biggest yet. This book pushed Cat like never before with people and events all over the place. Past things that she forgot will be revealed to her and that will cause many changes with a lot of trouble, for Cat and Bones and them as a couple.

I really liked Cat in this book, while she was strong and never gave up she also had some weak moments that made her even more likeable.

Bones, oh man I really wanted to kill him in this book, while it all turned out okay I don’t think he was right to be such a big jerk to her and even his friends.

I really loved the friendship that grew between Vlad and Cat, I think it is good for Cat to have him as a friend.

There is so much going on in this book that I don’t know what to say or write without spoiling it to everyone who hasn’t read it yet, so I will keep this review shorter.

There are some major things happening not only to Cat who is battling with Gregor in her sleep as well while she is awake but also to her friends and family.

We have some big battles and with those some big loses, that were both surprising and heartbreaking.

This book kept me on the edge of my seat throughout the book. Some big twists are happening and every time you think, that it will calm down it picks you right back up.

I laughed, and I cried and was honestly shocked at some outcomes of the book.

While Cat and Bones are pretty much in the outs in this book and apart for the better part of it we still get plenty of them together .

Overall great book, best so far, at least for me and I rate it 5★

Some of my favorite quotes

“Movies. Drinks. Headless chickens. You know, girl stuff. ”

***

“Bloody hell, Kitten. Never thought to be flogged by my own furniture. Do you know I saw bloomin' stars when that cracked over my nog?”

***

“Slumber party with Dracula, all things considerd why not?”

***

“Trying to wake you,” Bones answered crisply. “I cut you, threw water on you, slapped you, and set a lighter to your legs. For future reference, which one

of those do you think worked?”

“Good God,” I hissed. “No wonder I thought you were Death incarnate in my dream, and that made me run toward Gregor at first!”

goodreads-badge-add-plus-

Available NOW

amazonBig bnbuy KoboButton

Jeaniene Frost

Jeaniene Frost is the New York Times, USA Today, and international bestselling author of the Night Huntress series, the Night Prince series and the Broken Destiny series. To date, foreign rights for her novels have sold to twenty different countries. Jeaniene lives in North Carolina with her husband Matthew, who long ago accepted that she rarely cooks and always sleeps in on the weekends. Aside from writing, Jeaniene enjoys reading, poetry, watching movies with her husband, exploring old cemeteries, spelunking and traveling – by car. Airplanes, children, and cook books frighten her.

For information on Jeaniene's books, reading the first 20% of each book free, book trailers, deleted scenes, creature mythology, and more, please visit: www.jeanienefrost.com

Links

Website *** Faceboook *** Twitter *** Amazon

Snoopydoo sigi

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/destined-early-grave-night-huntress-4-jeaniene-frost
review 2017-04-26 14:44
The Struggle (Titan #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The Struggle - Jennifer L. Armentrout

A bloody path has been chosen…

The war against the Titans continues, and they remain determined to wreak havoc on the world, but Seth has become something all gods fear. Now the most dangerous, most absolute power no longer resides in those who have been freed from their tombs.

The Great War fought by the few is coming…

All may doubt and fear what Seth has become. All except the one woman who might be his final chance at redemption. Josie will do anything to prove that Seth is on their side, but fate has a nasty way of changing lives, of changing people.

In the end, the sun will fall…

The only way they can save the future and save themselves is by facing the unknown together. It will take more than trust and faith. It will take love and the kind of strength not easily broken. No matter what, their lives will never be the same.

For what the gods have feared has come to pass. The end of the old is here and the beginning of the new has been ushered in…

I’m so glad I could reunite with these characters, I really did miss them. This book seemed a bit slower and had less action than the last, but we get a lot of character arc in this book. It pretty much starts off where we left with the second book as Seth left, not only his friends but also Josie. When Seth left in the last book we found out that he is the …….. ,but he is sooo, sooo much more and it was kind of a shock and but also funny. The gods didn’t care for him before but now that is even a bigger issue. Speaking of the gods, we don’t get to see or hear a lot from them excerpt select few. Herc was completely missing and not even mentioned, maybe once if even, so that was a bit odd. He is still dealing with some issues or what he thinks are issues. But I think we are finally over the hump as far as Seth being all “nobody deserves me” spiel. I think maybe he starting to see what we all saw in him a long time ago, and it is about time. We get to see w much lighter and freer side of Seth as well which I enjoy so much. The softer, funny Seth that loves not just himself. Josie, she dealing with some pretty severe stuff after being taking by a Titan, while Seth was off finding himself. Some of it was pretty heartbreaking. But it really showed how much she has grown since book one. She has become so strong not only her powers but her, as a woman. I just wish she would see it as well and stop comparing herself to Alex or what Alex can do and she can’t. Because she is one strong and powerful heroine herself. As I mentioned we don’t get much of the gods, but we do get to see Apollo here and there. But, man something better be brewing that we don’t know about yet. Because he was one class A douche in this book. And I say that even though I loved him in the first two books. We get plenty of time with Alex and Aiden, Deacon and Luke and I loved how they become such a big part of the story without taking over the story. We even get to see some other old friends. I like that Josie and Alex grow closer and maybe even become close friends. I like that Alex is there for her when Josie needs someone the most. She also stood up for her at times and other just sat and held her hands when needed. Overall it was a great book, we have big characters and plot development happening. Some pretty awesome and big things are happening. Some of them were easily figured out and hinted at all throughout and other were pretty shocking like the cliffhanger that of course we getting. While we don’t get as much action we still get plenty of humor, romance and suspense and of course some action does happen. I’m already anxiously waiting for the next book.

I rate it 4★

Some of my favorite quotes:

“Loving him meant that I knew from the first moment that I fell for Seth that he was complicated – that loving him wouldn’t be easy. Loving him…Well, it meant that I was willing to fight for him.”

***

“What destiny crap are you talking about?” A secretive smile curved the corners of his lips. “There is so much you do not know.” Why I hadn’t blasted the glittery fuck-face out the window yet was anyone’s guess.”

***

“If something happened to you again?” Lightning shot between the clouds, lighting up the sky in brilliant white. “I would burn this fucking world to the ground and then I would destroy Olympus.”

***

Seth snorted as he placed the last of the eggs on a plate. “That is just as likely as you actually being useful. “ One side of Aiden’s lips kicked up. “You know, I think you have a crush on me. “ Seth simply smiled in return, and it was a bit of creepy, hide-your-kids kind of smile that actually reminded me of Apollo, and that really made it even more weird. “It’s like the Twilight Zone,” murmured Alex, her eyes big. “Watching them work together on anything, even when it’s just eggs and bacon.”

Available NOW

author-photo-jla_j-lynn

# 1 New York Times and # 1 International Bestselling author Jennifer lives in Martinsburg, West Virginia. All the rumors you’ve heard about her state aren’t true. When she’s not hard at work writing. She spends her time reading, watching really bad zombie movies, pretending to write, and hanging out with her husband and her Jack Russell Loki.

Her dreams of becoming an author started in algebra class, where she spent most of her time writing short stories….which explains her dismal grades in math. Jennifer writes young adult paranormal, science fiction, fantasy, and contemporary romance. She is published with Spencer Hill Press, Entangled Teen and Brazen, Disney/Hyperion and Harlequin Teen. Her book Obsidian has been optioned for a major motion picture and her Covenant Series has been optioned for TV. Jennifer has won numerous awards, including the 2013 Reviewers Choice Award for Wait for You, the 2015 Editor’s Pick for Fall With Me, and the 2014/2015 Moerser-Jugendbuch- Jury award for Obsidian. Her young adult romantic suspense novel DON’T LOOK BACK was a 2014 nominated Best in Young Adult Fiction by YALSA.

She also writes Adult and New Adult contemporary and paranormal romance under the name J. Lynn. She is published by Entangled Brazen and HarperCollins.

Links