logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: book-reviews
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-07-24 00:22
Book Review for Wicked Intentions by J.T.Geissinger

wickedintentions

ABOUT WICKED INTENTIONS

In the Caribbean for his best friend’s wedding, ex special-ops officer and security expert Ryan McLean meets a beautiful woman in the hotel bar. Their connection is immediate and intense, and they spend a passionate night together with pleasure as their only goal.
But when Ryan wakes the following morning to discover the beautiful woman has vanished, along with millions worth of jewels from the safe of the Saudi prince staying in the suite next door, he realizes their meeting wasn’t accidental and becomes determined to find her.
A notorious thief known to authorities only as the Dragonfly, Mariana Lora has one final job to complete before she’s free from the oath that bound her to a life of crime, but the sexy-as-hell Marine she spent one explosive tropical night with is hot on her heels at every turn. She has to outwit him to stay out of jail, but fighting their magnetic attraction soon becomes a game neither one of them can resist.
When Mariana’s last job goes dangerously wrong and she needs Ryan’s help to survive, he has to decide if their game of cat and mouse is only a game, or if he can trust this beautiful thief with something no woman has ever stolen: his heart.
Get your hands on WICKED INTENTIONS:

What a amazing heartfelt read.Do you believe in love at first sight ? For Ryan that was the case.This was the kind of story that had you smiling and smirking throughout the entire story and I really love stories like that.

These characters were fresh and fun and had amazing vibrant personalities.Ryan and Angel  as he calls her were a perfect match.Ryan see's her as a challenge.Due to Ryan's training and special talents he knows that there is more to the sexy bombshell  than meets the eye but, he's game to find out just what those secrets are.

Angels a thief and Ryan a mercenary I can honesty say didn't see that one coming.There is more to Ryan as well and I just loved uncovering all of his secrets just as much.If anyone can save Angel from the predicament she is in its going to be Ryan and his team.

I alway pick a favorite character to rave about but,this time around their is no way to just pick one.I loved both characters from the onset of reading this story and their first encounter and their interactions with one another I just new I was going to love this story from cover to cover and I did.If I could give this story more than 5 stars I would as I loved this story that much.

The characters were sexy ,interesting ,mysterious ,talented and had a sense of humor and also a sense of justice.I have to mention Ryan's friends as they were a great addition to the story and made the story just more interesting and added tons of humor to the story.There is no doubt these friends considered each person actual family .They were all so supportive and loving and also giving and willing to back Ryan with any and all means to protect the women he considered his.

The chemistry that Ryan and Angel had between them was explosive and hot as hell.There was so much always going on in this story .Tons of twists turns secrets coming to life and  more than a few omg moments.I loved it! I have to say that I never saw this story ending the way it did which took we totally off guard and I continued that way all the way through the epilogue.

I can't wait to start reading the other books in this series and I am so looking forward to reading more of this authors works.

A job well done and a new author to follow!

A recommended read to all!

WANT TO READ THE OTHER STANDALONES IN THE WICKED GAMES SERIES? FIND OUT MORE ABOUT WICKED BEAUTIFUL AND WICKED SEXY BELOW!

WickedBeautiful.Ebook.v4.Amazon

ABOUT WICKED BEAUTIFUL

Life coach and best-selling author Victoria Price has it all: a successful career, fabulous friends, a fantastic penthouse in Manhattan. What she doesn’t have—and doesn’t want—is a husband. Fifteen years ago her high school flame broke her heart so badly she swore she’d never love again. Now she makes millions teaching other women how to be just like her: a ruthless bitch. Drop-dead sexy restauranteur and infamous playboy Parker Maxwell has only three rules for the women he dates: no questions about his past, no expectations for the future, and no spending the night. When he meets Victoria, however, he’s willing to break his own rules if it means sating the explosive desire she arouses in him. What he doesn’t know is that the alluring Victoria Price used to be the mousy Isabel Diaz, the girl he deflowered and dumped long ago. Presented with a perfect opportunity for revenge, Victoria decides the game is on. But when her connection with Parker proves more than just skin deep, she has to make a choice: continue with her plan for payback, or risk her career, her reputation, and her heart by taking a second chance on love?
Get your hands on WICKED BEAUTIFUL:

WickedEbook.v3.Amazon

ABOUT WICKED SEXY

A badass ex-Special Ops officer and a smartass hacker fight a dangerous enemy…and a blistering attraction to each other. Connor Hughes is an ex-special ops officer, CEO of Metrix Security, and bonafide badass. His private security firm is renowned for its effectiveness. He’s renowned for his lethal precision and iron self-control. But when the former Marine meets a gorgeous young hacker with a mouth as smart as her brain, his control unravels in ways he never could have predicted. Tabitha West is a genius MIT dropout with a bad attitude, an obsession with Hello Kitty and piercings in unmentionable places. Tabby amuses herself by outwitting the most secure technology systems on the planet. Known in hacker circles as Polaroid due to her photographic memory, she’s as secretive as she is accustomed to working alone. So when Connor decides she’s the only one who can help him catch a cyber criminal intent on taking down one of his clients, she tells him exactly where he can stick it. But when the cyber criminal turns out to be the Hannibal Lecter of computer crime—and a dark presence from Tabby’s past—Tabby and Connor are drawn into a dangerous game of cat and mouse. They quickly find themselves fighting not only their common enemy, but also an explosive desire that threatens to consume them. When the stakes are this high and the game this deadly, will falling in love be the most dangerous move of all?
Get your hands on WICKED SEXY:

ABOUT J.T. GEISSINGER

A former headhunter, J.T. Geissinger is the author of more than a dozen novels in contemporary romance, paranormal romance, and romantic suspense.
She is the recipient of the Prism Award for Best First Book, the Golden Quill Award for Best Paranormal/Urban Fantasy, and is a two-time finalist for the RITA® Award from the Romance Writers of America®. Her work has also finaled in the Booksellers’ Best, National Readers’ Choice, and Daphne du Maurier Awards.
Join her Facebook reader’s group,Geissinger’s Gang, to take part in weekly Wine Wednesday live chats and giveaways, find out more information about works in progress, have access to exclusive excerpts and contests, and get advance reader copies of her upcoming releases.
review 2017-07-14 23:38

Release Date: June 20, 2017
Cover Design by Cassy Roop at Pink Ink Designs
Models: Zack Salaun & Kali Feline
Reviewed by: Angels With Attitude Book Reviews

Have you ever wanted something so badly it consumes you?

There is a fine line between needs and wants.

Deke Gavelson has wanted his Ravage cut for as long as he can remember. He’s earned it. He was born to be in this club. He’s not afraid to fight for his place, either.

Then she barreled into his world, and Deke suddenly desires something more than his rag and winning the next round.

Rylie Hollister has lived through hell and back. Each event makes her the strong, independent woman she is today. Until a bitter underground fighter threatens to turn her plans upside down.
These two are bound by their desires, but oh, how that changes when his intensity meets her passion.
Yet another winner in this totally awesome series.I have loved each and every one of these stories that have been in this series so far and this ended up being yet another keeper.

I loved the story from beginning to end. Rylie and Deke were amazing characters both had some many similarities that they made the perfect couple .The chemistry was explosive and sexy as hell.

I alway pick a favorite character and and mine is going to be Rylie although Deke is right up there but Rylie tip the scales for me.I loved how she was a survivor ,tough as nails,sexy ,smart,and just one bada** chick.I loved the backbone she had and admired her for becoming such a strong women to survive.I loved that her crappy childhood didn't totally destroy her and how she wasn't afraid to take the chance to love a be love.She turned out to be my favorite character once she went toe to toe with Princess aka Harlow Cruz.If any of you have ready this series princess is deadly and scary as hell so this was a defeat in itself.(smiles)

One of the things that I admired about Ravage is that their all about family and protecting their women and children as they are the most precious things in the lives next to their brothers .That being said I was surprised that Deke had been living separately from his family for 4 years.Although his father GT was part of the reason why he left it was not all of it.You understand later on the real reason why he left but after reading and getting to know Deke better I realized that he was so much like his father.

I really loved getting to know Deke he was such a terror when he was a child I was proud to see that man that he had grown up to be.I found him to be sensitive,kind,loving,a sense of humor and one who loves with his whole heart and possessive of all of those he holds dear.Sexy and dangerous and a hottie to boot!A swoon worthy character for sure and had you wishing you were in Rylie's position a time or too!

(grins)

Rylie reminded me a lot of princess and that she would be the perfect mate for Deke. She is strong enough to handle the lifestyle she was capable of protecting her man and would never give it a second thought to protect him no matter what the outcome.

This story was filled with tons of family drama surrounding them.A new threat to the Ravage families children.Not only that their are a lot of secrets surfacing and when they are learned omg ! Is it going to be a war or and all out bloodbath?

The whole time I am soaking up all these secrets my first thought is I hope Princess isn't the one to find out about them first.

I love the story from cover to cover and did not put the book down until It was finished .Rylie and Deke are the type of characters that you could go on and on about as there was just so many things I loved about both of them.I loved seeing that after so many years and their kids are grown up that GT and Cruz are more in love with their wives then ever.

This was one hot read !Deke and Rylie just smoldered together!Burn baby burn!

5 stars from us can't wait until the next book in this series comes out.

Personal Note :This is a series that I never get tired of re-reading over and over again and this author is definatley one of my top favorite MC authors.

Ryan Michele found her passion in making fictional characters come to life. She loves being in an imaginative world where anything is possible and has a knack for special twists readers don’t see coming.

She writes MC, Contemporary, Erotic, Paranormal, New Adult, Inspirational, and many more romances. And whether it’s bikers, wolf shifters, mafia, or beyond, Ryan spends her time making sure her heroes are strong and her heroines match them at every turn.

When she isn’t writing, Ryan is a mom and wife living in rural Illinois and reading by her pond in the warm sun.

review 2017-07-14 22:24
Book Review for Hunted by Elizabeth Naughton

• Hunted by Elizabeth Naughton
  • File Size: 312 KB
  • Print Length: 138 pages
  • Publisher: Evil Eye Concepts, Incorporated (June 27, 2017)
  • Publication Date: June 27, 2017
  • Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
  • ASIN: B01MRWZPW7
  • Reviewed by: Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
  • Gene: Paranormal

From New York Times Bestselling author Elisabeth Naughton, comes HUNTED,a new novella in her Eternal Guardians Series, brought to you by 1,001 Dark Nights! Be sure to grab your copy today!

ABOUT HUNTED:

Erebus – Dark in every sense of the word, a skilled and lethal warrior, and sinfully sexy by design.

Since the dawn of modern man, Erebus was Hades’ secret weapon in the war between the immortal realms. Until Hades lost the minor god in a bet to his older brother Zeus. For the last hundred years, Erebus has trained Zeus’s Siren warriors in warfare and the sexual arts. But he’s never stopped longing for freedom. For a life filled with choice. And lately, he also longs for one Siren who entranced him during their steamy seduction sessions. A nymph he quickly became obsessed with and who was ripped from his grasp when her seduction training was complete. One he’s just learned Zeus has marked for death because she failed the last Siren test.

Before Erebus can intercede on the nymph’s behalf, she escapes Olympus and flees into the human realm. In a fit of rage, Zeus commands Erebus to hunt her down and kill her. Erebus sees his opportunity to finally go after what he wants, but he’s torn. Freedom means nothing if the Siren at the center of his fantasies doesn’t truly crave him back. Because defying the gods will unleash the fury of Olympus, and if he chooses her over his duty, whether she joins him in exile or not, the hunter will become the hunted.

Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CAN | Amazon AU

Let's start off by saying that this is a first time read for us by this author and that we really enjoy our first read by them.

Erebus and Seraphine are in and impossible situation.Erebus is tasked to securing Sera and returning her to Zeus after she flee's.That is going to be a problem for Erebus as they have a past and he has unresolved feeling for her.

What a story it was action packed from  beginning to end.There was always something going on you were kind of living on the edge with them.The chemistry between these was amazing and hot as hell.

Sera I found her to sexy ,strong will, smart a surviver and very clever.

Erebus was protective,dangerous,immortal,a god, and sinfully sexy.I loved how he was willing to give up his life to see Sera protected and safe from her enemies.

I loved the story as it was very engaging as we learned a lot about both characters as well as a few very dangerous secrets coming to life.

I loved that Sera was brave enough and strong enough to save both of them .These two

were destined to be together and I am so glad that they found the happiness they both deserved.

I love it when you can connect with the

characters that you read about and I was able to do that with a cast of characters as I loved them from the onset so we already new we were going to love this story.When you are dealing with deities and gods you know your in for one hell of a ride as they are dangerous and lethal and without conscious.

A sexy read with intrigue mystery and love as well as a touch of erotica thrown into the mix with some scorching sex scenes.

We loved this novella are are looking forward to reading other books in this series as well as the authors other works.

5 stars from us

ABOUT ELISABETH NAUGHTON

Elisabeth Naughton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. From Elisabeth: “I was never one of those people who knew they wanted to be an author at the age of six. I didn’t have imaginary friends. I didn’t write stories in my journal or entertain my relatives by firelight after Thanksgiving dinner. For the most part, I was just a normal, everyday kid. I liked to read, but I wasn’t exceptional at it. And when my teachers complimented me on my writing abilities, I brushed them off. I did, however, always have a penchant for the unique and absurd. And as my mother told me all throughout my childhood, I should have been an actress—I was a drama queen before my time. “Years ago, my husband bought me Scarlett: The Sequel to Gone With The Wind. If you ever saw the book, you know it’s a long one. I sat and read that thing from cover to cover, and dreamed of one day being a writer. But I didn’t actually try my hand at writing until years later when I quit my teaching job to stay home with my kids. And my husband? After that week of reading where I neglected him and everything else until I finished Scarlett, he vowed never to buy me another book again. Little did he know I’d one day end up sitting at a keyboard all day drafting my own stories. “My writing journey has not been easy. I didn’t just sit down one day, decide I was going to write a book and voila! sell my very first attempt. As most authors will probably agree, the path to publication is filled with hours of work, pulling all-nighters I thought I’d given up in college, sacrifices, rejections, but a love I discovered along the way I just can’t live without. Instead of a big, thick book to read by lamplight (I do read much smaller ones when I get the chance), I’ve traded in my reading obsession for a laptop. And I’ve never been happier. “I’m one of the lucky ones. I have a wonderful family and fabulous husband who put up with my writing—and obsessive personality—even when life is chaotic. More than once my kids have been late to swimming or baseball because I needed just five more minutes to finish a scene. Their support and encouragement mean the world to me. I also have amazing friends and a support network I couldn’t survive without. So to all of you out there who have encouraged me along the way, sent me emails and fan letters, phone calls and congratulations, I just want to say, thank you. You make this whole writing gig that much more enjoyable. I truly wouldn’t be here without you.”

Website**Facebook**Twitter**Author Goodreads**Novella Goodreads

review 2017-07-14 16:46
Cat Pictures Please by Naomi Kritzer
Cat Pictures Please - Naomi Kritzer Cat Pictures Please - Naomi Kritzer

I first heard about this short story through a podcast. It sounded like a light story I would enjoy so I decided to give it a read. What I got was so much more than that. It's a story that follows an AI and its desire to help people improve their lives. That's the premise, anyway. As the reader, you get the feeling of what it's like to live in this world and it being what you make it and it's not always as simple as making it what you want it to be. Does that make sense?

Naomi Kritzer did a beautiful job in writing an engaging story about how difficult life can appear to be but how the solutions are sometimes easily overlooked. She had a way of making the heavy subject matter light with her sense of humor sprinkled throughout the story to make it easy for the reader to come to terms with the message of the story. Kritzer is a brilliant writer and I am looking forward to reading more of her work in the future.

If you love sci-fi stories about AIs, if you love stories about life, if you love stories about cats, then I highly recommend you read this one! I think you may find that you learn a bit of something about your own life in the end.

review 2017-07-05 22:05
The Legend of Wonder Woman Vol. 1: Origins by Renae De Liz and Ray Dillon
The Legend of Wonder Woman - Renae De Liz

With the new Wonder Woman coming to theaters, I wanted to learn more about the woman in question. So when my partner and I saw this at the library, I brought it home to learn more about Diana of Themyscira before we went to see the new movie. And I am so glad I did! It brought a whole new perspective to who Diana is as a person.

First, I want to start off by saying the artwork is stunning! The colors are bright and beautiful and the character designs are flawless. I love how the women are drawn in this comic. All are diverse in skin tone and body type. I adore how the scenery is drawn. The action scenes are exciting to stare at. I just love seeing the story unfold with the beautiful art.

This is also an amazing starting point for anyone who is curious about Wonder Woman. It starts off with her childhood on Themyscira and slowly progresses to how she arrived on Earth. I love seeing how Diana grows from being a naive child to a morally just adult. I love seeing her fight through all her struggles and defending those she holds dear but never jeopardizing who she is as a person. I love seeing how complex and fun and downright scary she can be if push comes to shove. Basically, I love everything about her as a character and I cannot wait to learn more about her.

I also love the relationships she forms on Earth. Her friend, Etta Candy, is a real treat. She is smart, sassy, beautiful, talented, and has her own sense of badassery that's right on the level of Diana. I loved her so much that I couldn't wait to see her in the Wonder Woman film! (In the film, she is woefully underused which is a crime but a story for another time.) Aside from Diana, she is one of my favorite characters! And we also have Steve Trevor who is a soldier and someone Diana becomes quite fond of. I love their relationship because it's not one that undermines who they are. Diana never becomes a mushy love-sick puppy when she is not with him. She cares about him and wants him to be safe, but she focuses on what needs to be done before she engages in any romantic relationship she might want to have with him. And Steve respects her and supports her. Ah, it's just a great portrayal of what could be a great relationship.

With that being said, this is a great place to start your adventure in learning more about the superhero who has been getting a lot of buzz lately, If you can, read this first before you watch the movie. It will provide a lot more details about the characters and this world that the movie didn't have time to go into. I love both this comic and the movie so much, and highly recommend both if you love superhero movies!