logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: book-reviews
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-09-21 16:00
Being human sucks....
Vanek (Demons After Dark Book One) - Laurie Olerich

I enjoyed this story. The levels of demons and angels along with the "human" behavior in exiling for some devious plan made it a good read. As Dylan tries to change her future, she ends up asking for help from Vanek and his fellow demons. Together, their chemistry is off the charts. Her strength and his total honesty kept me turning the pages. I look forward to the next in this story as they try to get to the bottom of the nefarious plot.

This is a Candid Book Reviews selection, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2017-09-21 15:22

September 9th 2017
eBook
192
ARC Review Copy

Despised by his tiger shifter pride as an abomination, Grey has ventured far from home, deep into the bowels of Hell in search of answers about the machinations of Archangel, the mortal hunter organisation who held his twin captive. With no knowledge of the realm, and little skill with the local languages, he quickly finds himself at a dead end—until he crosses paths with a beautiful hellcat female who rouses his darkest most dangerous instincts.

Lyra has been a fool, falling for the charms of a male whose only desire was to make a fast buck by selling her. Shackled and collared, her strength muted by magic, she awaits her time on the stage at a black-market auction, but before it can come, all hell breaks loose and she seizes a chance to escape—and runs straight into a majestic warrior who steals her breath away and tempts her like no other as he battles alone to free everyone.

When Lyra offers her services as a translator to repay Grey for saving her, will he be strong enough to resist the needs she awakens in him and spare himself the pain of her inevitable rejection when she discovers the truth about him? And when the powerful male in charge of the slave ring starts a bloody hunt for Lyra, can she escape another collar and find the courage to trust the tiger who is capturing her heart?

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

iBooks

GooglePlay

Another magnificent addition to the Eternal Mates series. Treasured by a Tiger was a brilliant way to wrap-up the the sibling tigers HEA’s.

We are taking back to HELL where answers and more questions arise on what Archangel is up to, we meet some old and new characters, and Grey finds more then he expected to on his adventure.

I wasn’t much of a fan of the Hellcat’s when they popped up in Bitten by a Hellcat, but I found myself liking Lyra, our feisty Hellcat lead. Grey, our humble hero I was already in love with him the my moment he was introduced in Turned by a Tiger.

The story flowed nicely. I love the wide verity of paranormal creatures and I really loved finding out more of what Archangel is up to. Their are still questions, but we get a little more. Besides Archangel the author also throws in an old foe and wraps that little loose thread up. I like the little hits and answers we get throughout the story. They keep things going, besides the sexy romance.

Lyra and Grey’s romance was wonderful. I just loved watching these two together. Lyra is afraid of males and that is expected after the betrayal, but she finds the strength to see past that and open up to Grey. Grey, OMG he was fabulous. He doesn’t want to hurt Lyra and fights his instincts along the way as well as he doesn’t feel worthy of any female, but WOW when he shows Lyra what he is, she does what any fated mate would do and tells him how AMAZING and WONDERFUL he is. I had tears in my eyes.

Treasured by a Tiger gives us action, steamy romance, and an exciting story. As this story ends another will come. The author has created a captivating world, where their is no shortage of excited and interesting characters, plus clues and mischief thrown in to keep you coming back for more.

Rated: 4.5 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Felicity Heaton with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (PNR) |  New Release (2017)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/09/arc-review-treasured-by-a-tiger-eternal-mates-14-by-felicity-heaton
review 2017-09-19 15:18
ARC Review: The Hunt (Devil’s Isle #3) by Chloe Neill (Tour) ~ Giveaway
The Hunt - Chloe Neill
The Hunt

Devil’s Isle #3

by Chloe Neill

September 26, 2017

From the New York Times bestselling author of the Chicagoland Vampires Novels—the hunter becomes the hunted in a New Orleans devastated by a Paranormal war….

When bounty hunter Liam Quinn discovered that Claire Connolly was a Sensitive and infected with magic, he should have turned her in to be locked up in the prison district known as Devil’s Isle. Instead, he helped her learn to control her power and introduced her to an underground group of Paranormals and humans who know the truth about the war and those who fought it.

Now the weight of Liam’s own secrets has forced him into hiding. When a government agent is killed and Claire discovers that Liam is the prime suspect, she races to find him before the government can. But she’ll discover proving his innocence is no simple matter. Their enemies are drawing closer, and time is running out….

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | iBooks | Indiebound | Powell’s | Books-A-Million

Read the first chapter now!

This series needs to be read in order.

The Hunt starts off 5 weeks from where The Sight ends. The tension is ramped up several notches in this installment. It’s filled with action, heartache, betrayal, fear, friendship, and death.

Claire spends a lot of time in an emotional turmoil over Liam, secrets that she is finding out about her family, and what she can do to change the world for the better for those paranormals in it. When Liam comes back in the picture the tension between him and Claire is heightened. His stubbornness and issues with the magical abilities he has now add to their relationship troubles.

The start was a bit slow in the beginning for me and I had some trouble getting into the story. I was surprised by a few events or revelations that popped up in the story. I was also not expecting things to go that path. The ending was a little unexpected and had me wondering what now.

My only issues is Claire, Liam, and others are fugitives. They are on the run and trying not to get caught by the government. Well they sure do get around way to easily. They move from one place to another without running into conflict, trouble, etc. Just to easily for them to move around especially when the government wants to capture them.

All and all The Hunt was an enjoyable read.

Rated: 3 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Berkley via NetGalley with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): Pick Your Genre (UF) | New Release (2017)

The Veil (Devil’s Isle, #1)

My Review

The Sight (Devil’s Isle, #2)

My Review

Chloe Neill is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Devil’s Isle, Chicagoland Vampires, and Dark Elite series. She was born and raised in the South, but now makes her home in the Midwest.  When not writing, she bakes, works, and scours the Internet for good recipes and great graphic design. Chloe also maintains her sanity by spending time with her boys–her favorite landscape photographer/husband and their dogs, Baxter and Scout. (Both she and the photographer understand the dogs are in charge.)

Chloe is represented by Lucienne Diver of The Knight Agency. Chloe is a member of the Romance Writers of America.

Angel’s Guilty Pleasures has a swag pack from Chloe Neill up for grabs to one USA Only winner. Fill out the rafflecopter to enter!

The packet will include:

• Devil’s Isle tote bag
  • Devil’s Isle sticker sheet, coaster, and bookplate
  • Chloe Neill pen and “Brainstorms” notebook
  • Signed Chloe Neill book
  • Bookmarks

a Rafflecopter giveaway

The fun doesn’t stop here. Want more chances to win? You can also enter THE HUNT Grand Prize Giveaway, which runs September 18 through September 29 on Chloe’s Website.

What is the Grand Prize Giveaway prize?

Week One

Wednesday, September 27 – Goldilox and the Three Weres
Thursday, September 28 – Parajunkee | Desert Divas Book Addiction
Friday, September 29 – YA Reads

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/09/arc-review-the-hunt-devils-isle-3-by-chloe-neill-tour-giveaway
review 2017-09-09 18:14

Genre: MC Romance
Release Date: August 21, 2017
Reviewed by: Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
5 stars
Arc provided for honest review

Zack "Attack" Leoni is a wild and free nomad biker who spends most of his time on the road. Each stop there's another woman to satisfy his needs.
He's not one to be tied down to anyone or anything and certainly not a woman with a child.

Nicole Swafford fears for her life as she tries to escape Spider, her violent ex-husband and the father of her child...the same man Zack is meeting for a club business deal.

Will the smiling Zack Attack jeopardize club business for a woman he doesn't know, with a child he doesn't want?

Will Spider let anyone stand in the way of what he wants? His child and Nicole.

Two men, one woman, and a child. That's trouble. Big trouble.

This is book four in the Southside Skulls MC Series.
It is a Standalone Romance Novel but characters from the previous novels, DAX, CODY & GUNNER are main players in this story too. HEA and No cliffhangers.
Intended for Mature Readers.

Yet Another great read in this ongoing MC series.So far I am thinking this one is my top favorites.

I love it when the men in the story always protest so much about what they want and what they need.As always they think they just want sex and nothing more but, there is always that one that isn't so easily forgotten and when that happens I love seeing these Dark Dangerous Dominate men fall....

Zack's current women he lusts after has a complication as she has a baby and her ex is a current abusive biker from hell from a rival club and still thinks she's his old lady.What man wants all that complication?Zack that is who!He's been in deep since the minute he rescued her.

I loved this story so much from the onset and cover to cover.This story was filled with so much emotion.Some if it happy,scared,hopeful,fearful,love,regret and longing.

I always pick a favorite character in a story and mine is going to be Zack.I just loved him from the onset.Yes ,he wanted sex from from her but, it was so much more and more about protecting herself and child from harm.He always put her needs first.We saw him grow emotionally himself.He let those walls he had built around himself come down long enough to put his trust in someone he loved and cared about.I though he was smart,sexy,kind protective,loving and caring and an all around super guy.I loved how protective her was of Nicole  and her child from the start.I found myself falling in love with him myself. I loved as we saw him fall in love with the child as well as Nicole.I loved all the things a dad does for their child and Zack never realized that he was playing that part throughout their courtship .Smiles...

Nicole on the other hand I found to be determined,loving,caring,fearful and had a bit of a backbone.Nicole was determined to make a life for herself and that of her child.I will say that she annoyed me at times as she was just so stubborn and disregarded her safety even knowing her ex would keep trying to harm her.I hated how her stubbornness made It so hard for them to protect her.I just wanted to smack her so many times for being so stupid knowing all the time what her ex Spider was already capable of.

I loved the chemistry,the passion and the emotion that this couples sexual situations wrought.They made a really cute couple and the perfect family this is something Zack secretly longed for.I so wanted to to finally find some peace and happiness and someone to love him and I am glad he did I was rooting for him.

My heart broke for Zack and the up bringing he had.I have to say that I detested his mother from the onset of their meeting.I felt relieved that justice was served when It came to her.I so wanted to smack that bitch every-time she opened her mouth and I am so not a violent person. LOL

I loved it.Loved the plot the characters and the twists and turns the story took.We even got the chance to have some of our other favorite MC members grace our pages in this current story and I loved seeing them again with all the quirky personalities their love and loyalty toward one another.

Well Done!

Recommend read to all and of course the rest of this series we are loving it!

5 stars from us

Chapter 1:

Nicole walked in the front door of the little studio apartment and stood there for a few moments torn between her heart melting at the sight of her friend holding her sweet baby while they both slept, and being angry that the door had been unlocked and she’d walked right in. She knew that without Stacey she would had never made it this far, but sometimes her beautiful friend just didn’t get how dangerous things had gotten. She walked over to the rocking chair and touched Stacey on the shoulder. Her green eyes fluttered open and for a second she looked confused. When they finally focused on Nicole’s face she smiled.
“Hey, Nick, is it that time already?”
Nicole slid her arms underneath Stacey’s and took the sleeping baby out of them. For a second she just held him up near her face and breathed him in. The sight and the smell of her baby gave her strength, and God knows she needed it. Taking a seat on the couch and kissing the still-sleeping six-month-old angel on the forehead, she looked at Stacey. Her pretty, blonde, slightly disheveled friend was yawning and stretching. She had spit-up on the shoulder of her pink t-shirt and the messy bun she’d pulled her soft blonde hair up into looked like it had given out some time ago. Nicole felt bad again for being angry with her. Stacey had given up a lot to become a part-time nanny to Nicole’s son. She didn’t stay out all night partying any longer and she rarely had a man in her bed…which was new. Stacey watched little Liam five days a week while Nicole worked the morning shift at the bakery, and then she went to her own job in the evening and worked another eight hours…for little more than a lot of drama in return. Nicole bit back her anger and softly said, “You forgot to lock the door again, Stace.”
“Shit. I’m sorry. Liam and I were sitting on the front porch for a while before he started to get sleepy. I came in and fixed his bottle and the next thing I know you’re standing over me.”
And one of these days it might be Spider standing over her. “It’s okay. I don’t mean to be a nag, but even though we might think Spider doesn’t know where you live now, that doesn’t mean he doesn’t. Spider has a way of knowing everything, sometimes before I do.”
Stacey stood. “You want a glass of wine?”
“No thank you. I should get Liam home…”
“He’s fine. He’s asleep. I’m fixing you a glass of wine and you’re staying for dinner. I’ll order pizza. Neither of us have work tomorrow, and that worry line between your eyes is deep today. Something happened.” Stacey didn’t wait for her response before going into the tiny little kitchenette and taking a bottle of wine out of the refrigerator. Nicole got up and went over to the bassinette in the corner. She kissed her baby’s soft face one more time before laying him down. She was still staring at him when Stacey came back over with two glasses of wine. She handed one to Nicole and then took out her phone and dialed a number. As she pressed it to her ear she said, “You can sit down and relax for a minute, babe. He’s not going to disappear.”
Nicole smiled at her friend and took a seat closer to the bassinette while Stacey ordered the pizza. The idea of Liam disappearing was her greatest fear, one that she lived with daily thanks to Spider. Each time he showed up, no matter how the conversation started, it ended with him making threats, telling her she’d never see her child again…the thought of that alone made her feel like she couldn’t breathe. He used those threats now, hoping she’d give in and come back to him, but one of these days she knew he’d tire of her, or kill her and she’d never see Liam again.
“Pizza is on its way,” Stacey said, tossing the phone aside and taking a sip of her wine. “Now start talking.”
Nicole smiled. “Everything’s fine, Stace. You know how I am…”
“Why do you make me drag it out of you? What did that piece of scum do this time?”
Nicole sighed. She didn’t want to talk about Spider…but since Stacey was as involved as she was by virtue of being Liam’s protector eight to ten hours a day, she needed to know. Maybe it would remind her to lock the door. “He came by the bakery today.”
“Shit. I thought Armand had a restraining order against him.” Armand was Nicole’s boss and the nicest man she’d ever known. He was protective of Nicole and Liam, and when asking Spider to stay away politely didn’t work, Armand had gotten a restraining order and promised the biker that he’d call the cops if he even saw him in the parking lot.
“He does, but he wasn’t there today…”
“So? The order is still in effect. Shit, Nicole, you have to start calling the cops on this guy. Maybe a few days in jail will give him a clue.”
Nicole chuckled sadly. “He’d only come out more pissed off and his absence from club business would just piss the rest of them off. So far Spider has kept the club out of it. I don’t want to make things worse.”
Stacey sipped her wine and sighed as she sat it down. “What did he want?”
“The same thing he always wants, to tell me that I belong to him and Liam belongs to him, and give me an ultimatum. He’s really pissed that I won’t tell him where we moved. It took me forty-five minutes to get here because I was scared to death he was following me.”
“Where was your bodyguard today?”
Nicole shuddered at the mention of Zack. The man had the kind of effect on her that most women pray for. Everything about him was sexy from his long, thick, disheveled brown hair to his light blue eyes and down to his incredibly hard body. But Nicole had almost the same reaction when she first met Spider, and that had worked out all bad. She wasn’t looking to repeat her mistakes. “He’s not my bodyguard.”
“So you keep saying. He and five of his closest friends…a few hot ones, I might add…packed up both of our apartments and moved us in the middle of the night. In the past two weeks, he’s spent more time at that bakery or outside of it than he probably has on his Harley. He’s got it bad, Nick, and he’s fucking hot. You think that Hashtag guy has an old lady?”
“An old lady’s life is not for you, babe. You value your independence too much. And we both know that hot isn’t enough.” When Nicole first met Spider, the fact that he was hot was what got her into trouble. His dark, almost black hair and gray eyes and smoking body had been all she could think about. She was barely eighteen and still living with her over-protective parents, so the excitement of the “bad boy” edge had factored in as well. She had been a good girl for too long and Spider made her want to change that almost overnight. After sneaking around with him for a month and a half, she packed her bags and told her parents she was leaving. Her mother cried and her father lectured. They begged and pleaded for her not to go. Her father threatened that she’d never be able to come back. Her mother told her that she was taking everything they’d ever done for her for granted, and ruining her future.
Nicole refused to listen to anything they told her about what a miserable life she’d have if she left Clarksville and moved to Memphis with Spider, however. By her nineteenth birthday, she was living with him and taking pride in the fact that she was his old lady. Her nightmares didn’t start until they’d been together for almost two years. Spider started drinking more and, Nicole suspected, using hard drugs. The first time he stayed out all night and didn’t call her, he came home smelling like cheap perfume and pussy. They’d gotten into a huge fight and that was the first time he hit her. She’d never been hit before in her life. He used the back of his hand, but he was so much bigger than her, it had knocked her to the floor. She was stunned by that, but even more so when he picked her up and took her to the bedroom. He told her that he was going to show her who was boss as he proceeded to rape her. When he was finished, he told her that from that moment on, she was keeping her mouth shut about what he did and who he fucked. He “owned” her, not the other way around. That night Nicole had waited until he went to sleep and then she’d gotten up and, taking nothing but her purse and her keys, she left the apartment. She’d taken a taxi to the bus station and another from the bus stop to her parents’ house outside of the Clarksville countryside. She got there just as the sun was coming up. Her father was picking up the morning paper as she stepped out of the taxi. He looked at her and went back inside the house without saying a word.
Nicole had almost left then, but she barely had cab money and Spider had sheltered her so much that she didn’t have any friends. The idea of going back and living with her rapist was almost more than she could stand. She had taken a deep breath, swallowed her pride, and followed him inside. Her mother took one look at her in her off-the-shoulder Black Sabbath t-shirt, cutoff jeans, and leather ankle boots and burst into tears. Her dad’s response was worse, however; he just refused to look at her. It didn’t take her long to figure out that going there had been a mistake. They’d washed their hands of her. She’d gone back to Spider that day and endured a second beating, even more severe, for leaving in the first place. Three months later she realized that she hadn’t taken her birth control pill the day that he raped her. She was pregnant and for the first few months after she found out, she waffled between wondering if a baby would “save them” and thoughts of taking her own life and the baby’s along with her. She looked over at the bassinette and shivered at the horrible thought.
“Hey, you still with me?” Stacey asked, bringing Nicole back to the present.
“Yeah, sorry. What did you say?”
“I said, Zack isn’t just hot. What guy goes out of his way to do all he did for you without asking for anything in return? I think he’s a good guy.”
“He’s a biker, Stace. I may have been naïve when I hooked up with Spider, but I’m not anymore; bikers do what they do and they don’t give a shit who they hurt while they’re doing it. Spider was good to me for almost two years and look how that turned out. I’m never going there again. I just need a few more months and then I should have enough money saved to get me and Liam out of here for good.”
Stacey looked sad. “I can’t believe you’re going to take off, with the baby who I love too, and I’ll never see you again.”
“Come with us.” Stacey didn’t have any family and she worked as the manager of a nightclub. She and Nicole had met one night when Spider had taken her there and after feeling up every half-dressed ho in the place, he picked one to go home with. On his way out the door with his ho, he had tossed Nicole a twenty and told her to “put her ass in a cab and be there when he got home.” Nicole found her crying at her table and the two women had quickly bonded. It was going to break her heart to leave her only friend behind, but Stacey loved her job and she was good at it, Nicole doubted that she’d be willing to leave.
Stacey smiled and said, “It’s tempting, babe, but you know I don’t like change. Changing apartments was almost too much for me. If not for you and that baby, I’d never have agreed. I love you and I understand why you have to go. I don’t understand, however, why you didn’t just do it when your hot bodyguard offered to take you anywhere you wanted to go that night.”
“Because then I’d owe him, Stacey. Hell, I already do for everything he’s done. But I plan on paying him back before I leave town and then washing my hands of anyone that wears a leather kutte and rides a Harley.” The sound of a knock on the door caused Nicole to almost jump out of her seat. Stacey gave her a concerned look and said:
“It’s just the pizza, babe.”
Nicole nodded. “Just make sure, before you open the door, okay?”
“Sure.” Nicole watched Stacey walk over and look out the peephole. When she pulled open the door and Nicole saw the young man with a Pizza Hut uniform, she breathed a sigh of relief. She reached over and pulled down the blanket that had worked its way up into Liam’s face. She couldn’t believe he was already six months old. He was growing fast, and she had to get them far away from Spider before he was old enough to be influenced by him. She was smiling when she heard Stacey scream. Instinctively she scooped up the baby before she turned, knowing Spider’s smiling face would be the next thing that she saw, even before she saw it.

Jessie Cooke writes hot romance novels about tough guys, bad boys, bikers, fighters and lovers and the women of strong character who tame them.

review 2017-09-08 22:43

Release Date: August 22, 2017
Reviewed by: Angels With Attitude Book Reviews
5 stars
Kindle Edition

Where I was his weakness, he became my strength.

Two Bit:

I've never been one to hold back. I’ve always said what was on my mind – right or wrong – and earned my name because of it. Giving my two cents hasn’t always been a good thing, but on one fateful night, it led me to her. She was a once-in-a-lifetime kind of girl. Undeniably beautiful. Fearless. Unforgettable.

I wanted her, but getting mixed up with her nearly cost me my life.

I tried to fight it. I tried to save myself from the flame... but after one touch, I knew there was no turning back.

Zoe would be mine.

Zoe:
Sometimes, you’ve got to hit rock bottom before you can find a way to move forward. Well, it’s time for me to find a way to move forward, because I’ve sure as hell hit rock bottom.

My father, the president of the Chosen Knights, died and left me a legacy I didn't want. The club was supposed to be my family, but with my father gone, they’d gotten tangled up in things I wanted no part of. I wanted out, free from the torment, but I was stuck with no money and no place to go. I’d thought all hope was gone.

Until he walked into the bar.

As if he’d stepped out of my dreams, he was everything I’d ever wanted. Handsome. Courageous. Passionate.

Being with him came at a price – a price I wasn’t sure either of us could pay.

When sparks fly and ignite a war, who will be left standing in the ashes?

I am so loving this series.I loved the main characters in this story along with the rest of the MC characters that graced our pages yet again.

I love when your reading a story and you can connect with the characters that you read about and I was able to do that with Zoe and Zack the main characters.I loved both of them from the onset of the story.

Zoe was brave,yet a little bit timid,loved with her whole heart,had a great personality,was caring,kind,determined and beautiful on the inside and out.I loved her relationship with her best friend Kat especially their conversations they were funny as hell.

Seth known as Two Bit was a man of principle.He also was sexy as hell,caring,kind,determined ,possessive, and just and all around great guy .I loved him from the onset his selfless act to stand up for Zoe knowing what the outcome would be but, did it regardless.I fell for him right than and there.

I normally pick a favorite character in a story and this time it was really hard but mine is going to be Zoe.Zoe turned out to be my favorite because of the lengths she was willing to go to save herself.Strong determined and willful women.We saw her actually from a backbone and strive to make her dreams come true.

Overall I loved the story from cover to cover and everything in between.The story had and interesting plot,drama,payback,revenge,and a great cast of characters that I loved and enjoyed.

This series is one of my favorite MC series.I just loved all the MC characters and their interesting names not to mention Nitro he is a favorite of mine too.I am glad Nitro is back in the fold yet again we missed him.

A recommended read to all as well as the whole series.One thing I would like to point out is although the series should be read in order I have read them myself out of order and have not had trouble catching on with who is with who and what is going on in the series.

My favorite so far....

In my mind, I knew I shouldn’t be there with him, that it was too much of a risk, but my heart just wasn’t listening. Even though I’d tried to keep my guard up, spending more time with him had only made me more attracted to him. His sense of humor, his sexy smile, and that body that made my pulse race were just too hard to resist. He shifted his stance as he looked at me, his eyes glistening in the darkness. I knew what was coming and glanced away. Then, unable to resist the temptation, I looked back at him. He hovered over me as his eyes roamed seductively across my lips, and I could only sit there frozen with excitement and anticipation. I couldn’t remember ever wanting anything more than feeling his lips against mine, and the waiting was pure agony. I should’ve been patient, but I couldn’t help myself. I inched closer, leaning towards him, but he never made his move. Instead, he just stood there staring at me with lust-filled eyes. Without thinking, I mumbled, “Um… I thought you were going to kiss me?”
His eyes sparkled with mischief as he asked, “What made you think I was going to kiss you?”
Embarrassment washed over me. “I guess I was just hoping you would.”
His voice was low and raspy as he asked, “You want me to kiss you, Zoe?”
I nodded as I answered, “Yes.”
“Well, I’m not so sure that’s a good idea.”
“Why not?”
His dark eyes flickered with hunger as they dropped to my breasts. “I’m not sure I’ll be able to stop once I get started.”
I hesitated for only a moment before I replied, “Maybe I don’t want you to stop.”
“Zoe,” he whispered slowly, prolonging each letter of my name as if to savor them. His eyes locked on mine as he leaned forward, but just as his lips were about to touch mine, he stopped. My lips parted, and our breaths mingled. The electricity crackled between us, making my entire body hum. I eased forward, trying to close the distance between us, but he quickly leaned out of my reach. I look up at him with disappointment. “Seriously?”
He paused, not to refuse, but to appreciate the moment before slipping his hand behind my neck and pulling me forward, crashing his mouth against mine. His lips were soft and full as they covered mine. It was like they were made just for me. His warm, wet tongue ran across my bottom lip as his hands snaked down my back. They were strong and sure as he pulled me closer to him. His touch. His scent. His taste. Everything about him made entire body tingle with desire. I had longed for that moment. It had been all I could think about, but I could’ve never imagined it could feel so good, so right. My fingers raked through his hair as I moaned against his mouth.

Leslie Wilder grew up in a small town in West Tennessee. A country girl at heart, she’s always thought that life is too short, but she had no idea how short it really was until her brother passed away in 2014. She’s always been an avid reader, loving the escape only a great book can give, and wondered if she had what it took to write one of the wild romances she’d come to adore. With the support of her family and friends, she published Inferno: A Devil Chaser’s MC, one year after her brother’s death. With him in mind, she fulfilled her lifetime dream of writing. Since then, she’s completed the Devil Chaser’s Series and continued on with the Satan’s Fury MC Series. She has so many stories in her head, and can’t wait to share each and every one.
Leslie has been blown away by the support of her readers, appreciating every message, review, and encouraging word she’s received over the past year. She looks forward to continuing this journey with them for years to come.