logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: book
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-03-23 05:45
Yellow-Billed Magpie by Nancy Schoellkopf
Yellow-Billed Magpie - Nancy Schoellkopf

I enjoyed this book about Yellow-Billed Magpies. Nancy does a wonderful job writing the plot and the story. I enjoyed every part of it. I loved that there was an autism and other disabilities as part of the story as well.

You get a bit of a spiritual in the story as well. We learn about Magpies somewhat in the book. We also go on a quest with Samantha O’Malley. We meet Craig and her old lover. She goes back to her teaching career.

What discoveries will Samantha and Craig find by working together and with her students? Nancy writing is done well. I have not been into a book that felt so real. I feel the book show us what it like somewhat of our world. Is our world what we think or is it an illusion? I start to wonder this and if we are just experiencing it as humans.

Source: nrcbooks.blogspot.com/2017/04/yellow-billed-magpie-by-nancy.html
review 2017-03-23 05:38
Good Story and Characters
Cowboy Karma (Cowboy Cocktail Book 4) - ... Cowboy Karma (Cowboy Cocktail Book 4) - Mia Hopkins

Harmony’s boyfriend - frank dumps her at her birthday dinner and they had been together for one year and Harmony thought all was perfect between her and Frank. Harmony was a medical surgical nurse and Frank a doctor. Harmony decided to go back home and went out with her sister to the bar the Silver Spur and somehow ended up dancing with this cowboy. Harmony doesn’t recognize Lucky but he had a long time crush on Harmony. Harmony has a one night stand with Lucky. Lucky is a rodeo calf roper but also works up to three jobs. Lucky believes in family and is helping his mother put his siblings through college. Lucky wants more than one night with Harmony but he has to leave her because of commitments. Lucky also feels he is not worthy of Harmony. Lucky - Lucero Garcia knew Harmony from H S. Lucky hopes to be in the World Rodeo Championship. Nobody seems to get Harmony like Lucky does.

I enjoyed this story a lot. I liked Harmony and felt bad for what Frank did to her on her birthday but a lot of men are just butts in fiction and in real life. But then lucky was a better man anyway as far as I am concerned. Then seeing Lucky at the Silver Spur and he  wasn’t a boy anymore that was for sure. I really enjoyed how Lucky treated Harmony and hotness of their time together. This had a great plot and a great ending. This was a quick read but had everything it needed. I had no problem reading this as it held my interest all the way through the story. I liked the characters  a lot as well as the ins and outs of this story and I recommend.

review 2017-03-23 03:47
Book Review: A Royal Christmas Wedding by Rachel Hauch
A Royal Christmas Wedding (Royal Wedding Series) - Rachel Hauck

Book Title: A Royal Christmas Wedding
Author: Rachel Hauch
Genres: Christmas, Romance,
Series: Royal Wedding
Publisher: Zondervan
Publish Date: 2016-10-18 (240 Pages, Paperback)

Avery Truitt is someone who was going to college to be a professional volleyball player. 5 years before she meet Prince Colin when she was with her sister Susanna went to Cathedral City. What ever happen to Avery and Colin?

Susanna has invited both her sister and mother to Brington Kingdom for the Christmas season. Will their mother get over their father’s death? There appear someone brings Avery and Colin together at every turn. Will Colin father help or harm Colin? The old bell rings and who has pulled it and rung it?

People do not believe that god had pulled the 600 pound bell that started ringing and bring all people to the where the accident of Prince Michael died. I love that fact that there is a meaning and some true relationship trouble and Hauck shows that in each story in The Royal Wedding Series? She let the characters work it out their own problems. She does not rush them. Rachel Hauck does well with the plot and her writing is wonderful as well.

Source: nrcbooks.blogspot.com/2017/03/a-royal-christmas-wedding.html
show activity (+)
review 2017-03-23 02:28
Sins of the Father (Family Tree Mysteries, No. 2) - Patricia Sprinkle

SINS OF THE FATHERS

Patricia Sprinkle

Paperback, 354 pages
Published October 1st 2007 by Avon Books (first published September 25th 2007)

ISBN: 0060819766 (ISBN13: 9780060819767)

This was a read that I really enjoyed. Part genealogy, part mystery, Dr. Flo finds what she thinks is her great grandfather's grave. She soon gets to know the family that owns the land, and a few other characters. Patricia Sprinkle's writing of her characters as well as her description of the small town keeps the flow going well with a few surprises for the characters interwoven into the story. I found myself becoming fond of several of the characters. Those I did not like were characters that were not meant to be liked. Sprinkle's description of the land surrounding the grave made me appreciate the importance of what land meant to people in the 18oos and early 1900s. Her writing gave personality to the area

show activity (+)
review 2017-03-22 21:07
Altercation (Playmaker Duet #1) by Mignon Mykel
Altercation: Playmaker Duet (Prescott Family Book 4) - Mignon Mykel,Jenn Wood

Mignon Mykel’s ALTERCATION is an emotional and amazing read.  ALTERCATION starts out where Porter and Asher met in BREAKAWAY (Playmaker Duet, #0.6; Prescott Family, #3) but is told from Porter’s point of view.  The story continues with the couple’s lives, fluctuating between both viewpoints.  I adored this story.

Mignon Mykel did a wonderful job developing the characters.  Asher and Porter both grew tremendously throughout this novel, having several obstacles and issues to overcome.  Asher is scarred by her past growing up in foster care. She finally feels like she belongs somewhere with the Prescott family.  She is terrified of losing them, and haunted by her past.  Porter is a great guy.  He is perceptive, patient, and protective with Asher.  Asher and Porter have powerful chemistry.

The plot was well written with interesting twists.  I love how Avery is always getting involved with Asher’s and Porter’s relationship.  I love the explanation to why all the Prescott siblings had eleven tattooed on themselves.  My heart broke for the things the family went through in this story.  Everything that happens is believable and well executed.  ALTERCATION ends in a cliff hanger.  I cannot wait to read the next story, HOLDING, to find out what happens.  I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.