logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: book
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-09-23 21:56
My Cup Runneth Over
My Cup Runneth Over: A Davis Family Novella (Book #1) - Janeva Gardel,Allyson Deese

Title:  My Cup Runneth Over

Rating:  Five

Review:

"My Cup Runneth Over" by Janeva Gardel

My Thoughts......

What a beautiful novel that I had the privilege of reading!  This was truly a wonderful amazing read of Skylar Mathis and Zyon Davis that seemed from the first time they meet that they were made for each other.  I enjoyed how this author was able to bring in the christian faith effect of the read and I especially loved that title: "My Cup Runneth Over" bringing out so many important messages for all to be able to absorb. The reader is only left with knowing that 'true love really does exit and of God's love.'  The characters were all very well developed and definitely bringing the reader  a believable as well as a relatable read that made one  could feel that they knew these people as there was an 'importance of prayer, scripture, forgiveness, restoration, being able to move on for a healthy relationship and finally a HEA.' I will be looking forward to the next story that will deal with Skylar's best friend  Zavia and Zyon's brother Xavier in 'Surely Goodness and Mercy Shall Follow Me.'

review 2017-09-23 21:55
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Book One... Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Book One - Robert Hack,Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa

I decided to read this after hearing it was going to be made into a TV show on the CW.

I loved the whole vibe of this. I liked that it was set in the 1960’s and the artwork matched perfectly. It had the right blend of vintage throwback and horror.

As for the story, I liked the darker take on Sabrina. The first couple of issues had a lot of backstory, but once it got to main plot I was hooked.

Overall, this was a fantastic spooky read. I cannot wait for the show.

review 2017-09-23 21:40

Rating: Five

Review:

"Only If You Dare" by Stephanie Nicole Norris

My Thoughts....

What will happen when Desiree decides to quit her job?  Will something happen that causes her to remain on the job? I loved how this author gives the reader one interesting plot for this well told story.  Well, when Julian Rose the brother of Jaden Rose decides he wanted Desiree to work for him on a photo project, her life will definitely change. But in what way will this happen for Desiree because she had a hands off policy toward men due to what had happened with her earlier in her life where she seemed to take out her 'frustrations and pain out on everyone around her' definitely leaving her with a lot of trust issues especially with men.  Will Julian be able to help change all of that for Desiree? Well, you will just have to pick up this wonderful love, with some well developed characters, hot love scenes and even a believable read that will keep your interest turning the pages till the end. I did love Desiree's best friend Santana.  Wow, to have a friend like her to want to move and start a new life just to be around your best friends...left me still saying WoW!

Julian was definitely another Rose brother to add to that wonderful colorful collection of brothers om this good read!  I will say that I may have missed something in the read ... like what was up with that guy that broke into the girls apartments and what was he really up to by doing this to them?  Oh well, I still enjoyed the read.

Now, I will be waiting for the next  series 'Falling For A Rose Book 4' that deals with Desiree's best friend Santana and another Rose brother...Josiah in "Fever.

review 2017-09-23 17:44
.Splintered Book Review.
Splintered - A.G. Howard

This review can also be found at LostBetweenThePages & Goodreads.

Alyssa Gardner hears the whispers of bugs and flowers - precisely the affliction that landed her mother in a mental hospital years before. A family curse that stretches back to her ancestor Alice Liddell, it's time for Alyssa to follow in her footsteps. To fix Alice's mistakes. To Wonderland.

A lot drew me to this book, Alyssas mum is locked away in a mental hospital and Alyssa herself is in danger of following right behind her. Plus Wonderland is real. Great!! This book went with the darker and more twisted version of Wonderland, which I think is a cool idea. Taking the odd yet picturesque place and turning it on it head to be disturbing.

Alyssa is an average teenager who is doing her best to get on with her life, which isn't easy when you're teased about your connection to the original Alice Liddell and your mum is locked away talking to bugs and only eating food unless it is served in a tea cup. The one person in this book that deserves some serious praise is her dad. He is desperately trying to keep their life together, its clear he is terrified his daughter will turn out like her mum and every other female in her family. He is still hopelessly in love with her, regardless of her illness and is clinging on to this hope that one day she'll come back to him.

Alyssa does her best to ignore the bugs and plants around her, determined not to go down the crazy route, but after an incident at the mental hospital things change. There's finally some hope. Alyssa ends up being dragged into Wonderland, with one goal. Fix what Alice did and save her family from the madness. Cue love interest.

Jeb is her long time crush and best friend. He ends up going with her, he is hugely protective of her and is desperate to get them home. As much as it pains him to stick it out in Wonderland and watch Alyssa feel the need to prove herself he doesn't hold her back too much. Deep down I think he knows what she is capable of but is so scared to let go of his need to protect her. Enter Morpheus stage left.

Morpheus makes up our triangle. He has been with Alyssa through her whole life, she just hasn't known it. It is obvious he has an agenda and will use Alyssa. He's dark and mysterious, and can show her a whole other side of herself. He does get on my nerves quite a bit, he goes on about what how well he knows her, but really he doesn't. He doesn't know her life Jeb does, and will manipulate her in this game he wants her to play.

There was only one real downside to this book for me, the love triangle I could cope with. Just about it. I feel like the dark and moody thing got taken too far, I have no problem with Alyssa being a punk skater girl, I was a teenager once too. But it seems so over the top, her out fit choice seem so teenager cliché. At first I thought she dressed like it because she looked so much like her mum she wanted to distance herself away from her. I felt like this was her only form of rebelling, because god forbid she does her dad will probably had a meltdown. I'm hoping that after the events of this book it'll be toned down a little in the next.

review 2017-09-23 14:47
The Duke of Danger (The Untouchables) by Darcy Burke
The Duke of Danger (The Untouchables Book 6) - Darcy Burke

His reputation precedes him, but it's his heart that tortures him.  Will it lead to his undoing or become his saving grace?  One moment changed a man's life.  One choice set in motion a chain of events that connected the lives of three people forever.  Out of greed, guilt and violence comes a romance as passionate as it is heartbreaking.  Lionel and Emmaline are unwitting pawns in an ugly conspiracy set in motion by a dangerous man.  When the tide turns in their favor, will they survive the revelations it brings with it? Duke of Danger is an exciting twist of fate romance.  It appeals to the romantic while feeding a need for adventure and seducing with passion.  A big story in a tiny package.