logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: booklifereviews
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-09-26 05:18
Surprise me!
Surprise Me: A Novel - Sophie Kinsella

Hardback
Pages/Length: 432pgs
Genre: Chick Lit; Romance
Reason For Reading: Sophie Kinsella for the win (usually)

None.
Triggers: No
Rating: 3.5 stars.

Characters: 6
World Building: 6
Ending: 6

Total: 6/10

Boudoir photo shoot.
Worst Part: Weird ending.
Thoughts Had: Sophie, i trusted you.

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
n/a
Recommending: Yah.

Short Review: Usually, and by that i mean, i legit just wrote a review 30mins ago claiming Kinsella as my fav author, but fav authors can still let you down. I actually put this book down at some point, i never do that to Kinsella. The pace in the middle was way too slow for my liking, it's lulled and it lulled bad. The ending was a bit off for me, like yah you figure out what is happening, but then they have that weird tea afterwards, not needed in my opinion. Dan is bae thou, where do i find a Dan?!

Book Boyfriend: DAN 100%
Best Friend Material: Tilda!

review 2018-09-26 05:18
My Not So Perfect Life!
My Not So Perfect Life - Sophie Kinsella

Hardback
Pages/Length: 439pgs
Genre: Chick Lit; Romance
Reason For Reading: It's Sophie Kinsella, nuf said.

Love Triangle/Insta Love/Obsession?:
Tad insta love, but not crazy.
Triggers: No
Rating: 4.5 stars

Characters: 7
World Building: 7
Flow: 9
Ending: 7

Total: 7.5/10

Best Part:
Glamping, Farmer Mike, and getting revenge on the mean girls!
Worst Part: The ending was too quick!
Thoughts Had: Oh i want to live in London, but in a yurt.

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
n/a
Recommending: Of course

Short Review: Sophie Kinsella almost never lets me down. I'm actually thinking about rereading the Shopaholic series next month. I really liked the MC Katie, Cat i didn't like so much. I just wanted Demeter to be knocked down some pegs real quick, but later on, not so much. The whole "romance" bit thou, not believable to me, yah they f**ked a few times, but it felt so much more like a fling then what it turned out to be. The ending was too quick for my liking, the building up was so great and the details were there, but then it was like 15pgs of ending, like this book is huge, you could have given more to that other than just (view spoiler) Overall a good book by one of my fav authors.

Misc.

Book Boyfriend: None, the guy she falls for is too nonchalant for my liking.
Best Friend Material: Katie!

review 2016-10-25 00:48
Review: Every Crooked Nanny!
Every Crooked Nanny - Kathy Hogan Trocheck

Ending: 8

Miss Inez!
Worst Part: Quick!
Thoughts Had: Yes flufffffffff

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: Yes

Short Review: Oh cozy mystery. First, Edna, my favorite character for sure, she "accidentally" does a lot of things i like! I liked the MC, bit of a wimp at first, but you grow to like her and she grows as well. I am eager to see how the mass turns out. The ending... i saw it coming, but i didn't see how deep it was going to be. Everyone got their karma in the end, which i always like. Norma Jean is a riot, "You know i like my mt dew with breakfast". I like the hint of romance between the MC and Rufus' owner! The ending was a bit too quick for me, she really ramped up the mystery, then just cleaned it up quick.

Book Boyfriend: Pass.
Best Friend Material: Edna!

review 2016-10-25 00:47

World Building: 6
Ending: 7

Twists!
Worst Part: Douches
Thoughts Had: yah i don't like you! or you, or you, or you

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: Sure

Short Review: I forgot how much i hate almost every character in this book. i like it thou because i can yell at them and feel better about my life since i'm not as big of a bitch as they are. First we have the MC, Elizabeth, self entitled little B. Forced into an engagement, she does take it well, but cries about her "lover" William too much, he left, asked you to come, you refused, you lost the right to cry. Second, we have the MC's best friend, Penelope. Probably the worse of the lot. She pretty much wants to ruin Elizabeth after finding out her "boyfriend" is who Elizabeth is engaged to. Maybe she should be more focused on how much of a drunk/whore your "boyfriend" is instead. Fourth we have the MC's sister, Dana. Doesn't give a shit about anything, and sneaks out to meet with her sister's fiancee. Classy. Fifth, we have Henry the fiancee, whore, drunk, has a gambling problem, all around douche. Last we have this maid girl Lana, who is upset because she couldn't force Will to love her and wants to ruin Elizabeth as well. Fun stuff all around. The ending, it's hard to say who did it, but everyone has a motive so....

Book Boyfriend: PASS
Best Friend Material: PASS

review 2016-10-18 15:42
Review: The Murder Complex!
The Murder Complex - Lindsay Cummings

Ending: 6

In Dept

Gore

Worst Part: Confusing...

Thoughts Had: Of course it's that!

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:

Recommending: Yes

Short Review: The plot was interesting. The tiny twist thou, was annoying! (view spoiler) The Boy MC (i can not spell his name) was boring, i didn't like his POV and skimmed some of his parts, boringgggg. The Girl MC, i loved her, very badass, very strong! I don't really understand a good amount of the world building they did thou, like the things that killed at night? Was that them?! I was so confused there... It does have a very Divergent feel to it thou. Then the ending, how cliche. No.

Book Boyfriend: no