logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: booklifereviews
Load new posts () and activity
review 2016-10-25 00:48
Review: Every Crooked Nanny!
Every Crooked Nanny - Kathy Hogan Trocheck

Ending: 8

Miss Inez!
Worst Part: Quick!
Thoughts Had: Yes flufffffffff

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: Yes

Short Review: Oh cozy mystery. First, Edna, my favorite character for sure, she "accidentally" does a lot of things i like! I liked the MC, bit of a wimp at first, but you grow to like her and she grows as well. I am eager to see how the mass turns out. The ending... i saw it coming, but i didn't see how deep it was going to be. Everyone got their karma in the end, which i always like. Norma Jean is a riot, "You know i like my mt dew with breakfast". I like the hint of romance between the MC and Rufus' owner! The ending was a bit too quick for me, she really ramped up the mystery, then just cleaned it up quick.

Book Boyfriend: Pass.
Best Friend Material: Edna!

review 2016-10-25 00:47

World Building: 6
Ending: 7

Twists!
Worst Part: Douches
Thoughts Had: yah i don't like you! or you, or you, or you

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: Sure

Short Review: I forgot how much i hate almost every character in this book. i like it thou because i can yell at them and feel better about my life since i'm not as big of a bitch as they are. First we have the MC, Elizabeth, self entitled little B. Forced into an engagement, she does take it well, but cries about her "lover" William too much, he left, asked you to come, you refused, you lost the right to cry. Second, we have the MC's best friend, Penelope. Probably the worse of the lot. She pretty much wants to ruin Elizabeth after finding out her "boyfriend" is who Elizabeth is engaged to. Maybe she should be more focused on how much of a drunk/whore your "boyfriend" is instead. Fourth we have the MC's sister, Dana. Doesn't give a shit about anything, and sneaks out to meet with her sister's fiancee. Classy. Fifth, we have Henry the fiancee, whore, drunk, has a gambling problem, all around douche. Last we have this maid girl Lana, who is upset because she couldn't force Will to love her and wants to ruin Elizabeth as well. Fun stuff all around. The ending, it's hard to say who did it, but everyone has a motive so....

Book Boyfriend: PASS
Best Friend Material: PASS

review 2016-10-18 15:42
Review: The Murder Complex!
The Murder Complex - Lindsay Cummings

Ending: 6

In Dept

Gore

Worst Part: Confusing...

Thoughts Had: Of course it's that!

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:

Recommending: Yes

Short Review: The plot was interesting. The tiny twist thou, was annoying! (view spoiler) The Boy MC (i can not spell his name) was boring, i didn't like his POV and skimmed some of his parts, boringgggg. The Girl MC, i loved her, very badass, very strong! I don't really understand a good amount of the world building they did thou, like the things that killed at night? Was that them?! I was so confused there... It does have a very Divergent feel to it thou. Then the ending, how cliche. No.

Book Boyfriend: no

Best Friend Material: Girl MC

review 2016-10-08 10:18
Review: Please Ignore Vera Dietz!
Please Ignore Vera Dietz - A. S. King

Audio

Pages/Length: Around 6hrs

Genre: Young Adult

Reason For Reading: Cover!

Cliff Hanger: No

Writing: 7

Ending: 7

Total: 7

Best Part:
 Vera's view on the world!

Worst Part: 23yr old drop outs!

Thoughts Had: The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
 n/a

Recommending: Yes

Short Review: I can relate to Vera so much, when she was thinking about how that poor guy could have killed her and chopped her up, i think like that all the time, so i get it. It was very cool to have "Words from dead guy" in the story as well. It was nice to have Charlie's input after the fact. The whole animal thing was a bit much for me, but i guess it's better than beating up some people. This books does a good job of depicting the pressures of turning out like your parents, and how things can spiral out of control pretty fast. It was very fast pace and i enjoyed reading it. I just didn't like the creepy 23yr old.

Book Boyfriend: Pass.

Best Friend Material: Vera!

review 2016-10-05 22:36
Review: Harry Potter and the Cursed Child!
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child - J.K. Rowling,John Kerr Tiffany,Jack Thorne

Total: 6

Ron and Hermione!
Worst Part: Albus whiny!
Thoughts Had: Meh.

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
n/a?
Recommending: Sure

Short Review: So i don't like Harry Potter. Yah i know, "what the hell", but i didn't read all the books, nor the movies and i really don't want to either. Sorry, but not really sorry. Harry in this play was a horrible person, bottom line. He was rude to Albus, not so great to Ginny, and didn't treat anyone with respect. I was on Draco's side most of the time *gasp*. It was nice to see Ron and Hermione flirting, we don't get to see that much in the books, which made their "love" kinda not believable for me to follow. I hated Albus, he was a brat, almost as bad as his dad. It was a nice addition to the world of Harry Potter.

Book Boyfriend: Ron!
Best Friend Material: Hermione!