logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: books-from-my-childhood
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-11-28 08:49
The Outsiders
The Outsiders - S.E. Hinton

Here's a link to a review I wrote back in 2012.

review 2016-12-17 21:12
(Audiobook) How the Grinch Stole Christmas
How the Grinch Stole Christmas - Listening Library,Walter Matthau,Dr. Seuss

The Alexa app in conjunction with Audible currently has three Christmas books that customers can listen to for free (until Jan. 3rd), and this was one of them. The narrator is Walter Matthau.

This is one of my favorite stories ever. I loved the book as a child, I love (and still watch) the classic cartoon narrated by the great Boris Karloff. Mr. Matthau's narration felt a but rushed and flat compared to Mr. Karloff, but the story is such a beloved classic that it didn't really lessen my enjoyment any.

review 2016-12-13 15:50
I finally found THE Book of books!
Spine Tinglers - Zenka Woodward

This was THE book that started it all!

I've been looking for this book for Over 20 Years! I'm not even kidding! Thank You to Char's Horror Corner for referring me to a group called "What is the name of the book?"  I finally found the book! The book was called “Spine Tinglers” and it was such a strange little book of the poem's I honestly remember it scaring the hell out of me.

It was published by Lady Bird and the authors and cover artists were Zenka and Ian Woodward, I don't know the year it was published but I remember having the book in the 1985.

This to me is that one Holy grail of book's I have Needed, and wanted and now I have it, I can't even express the joy of having Finally gotten a copy!

The poems and pictures even today while not so much spooky to me are still as strange as they was when my mother used to read them to me!

review 2016-09-10 20:27
I Know What You Did Last Summer
I Know What You Did Last Summer - Lois Duncan

Three stars for content, one for nostalgia.

This was updated back in 2010, I think I'm going to see if my library has the updated version, so I can compare the two.

Also...I'm going to need to watch the movie again. I wonder if it's on demand?

review 2015-03-09 19:40
Redwall [Audiobook - Full Cast]
Redwall - Brian Jacques

I can't remember when I first read the first book in Brian Jacques' extensive series. I do remember seeing the book at the library and knowing instantly I had to read it. I've always loved anthropomorphic animal stories (Charlotte's Web being the odd exception), but none till then had mixed that with my love of history. While I loved the sequel to this, I don't remember getting much past the third or fourth book.

Redwall is the story of an abbey of mice that raise food, keep the history of the area, and are deeply connected with the community of woodland creatures surrounding them. However, one night all of them are threatened when Cluney the Scourge - a huge black rat with a whip-like tail - arrives to destroy, subjugate, and kill. Redwall Abbey becomes a fortress as the mice and other animals fight to protect themselves and keep their freedom.