logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: books
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-05-24 06:29
Book Tour: Curse of the Ancients by Hawk MacKinney
Curse of the Ancients - Hawk MacKinney

If you wanted to travel to the Middle East or at least a part of it. You do so though Hawk McKinney latest book "The Curse of Ancients". To me it get adventurous and involves mysteries though out the book. I also believe it got some real good crime and detective in the book.

We meet up with Craige Ingram once again, and one of his best friend McGarald. Craige is ask to come and look and be a part of the investigation and find out what going on and finding out. The action be hotter and intense.

Craige bring in another friend from his seal team. When, his home is being threaten and get him and his friend involved some more. They will not back down until they find the answers.
Are terrorists involved and who or what is going on that leaving agents dead? Hawk McKinney does this and pull you in for adventure and battle. Who will win? The book is a page turner and surprises though out. Who would want artifacts and why?

Source: nrcbooks.blogspot.com/2018/06/book-tour-curse-of-ancients-by-hawk.html
review 2018-05-23 08:42
The Secret Library: A Book-Lovers' Journey Through Curiosities of History
The Secret Library - Oliver Tearle

This started off super-slow for me for the same reason any overview of history does:  it starts with ancient history.  I know it's important.  I know it influences just about everything today, but it's, forgive me, a bit dull.

Once we got through The Classical World and the Middle Ages though, things picked up.  For each age, Tearle selects a few texts that can, or should, be considered significant.  Some of them are the no-brainers we've all heard of (Shakespeare) and some are names or titles that have unjustly fallen into oblivion (Mary Elizabeth Braddon, whom he argues might be the author of the first English detective novel. Trail of the Serpent).  Whether widely known or not, Tearle tries to focus on thoughts, ideas, or facts that aren't widely known so that there's something new here for likely anyone, no matter how well read.

Informative, readable, and once past the Middle ages, very enjoyable.

review 2018-05-22 15:54
Review: A Court of Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3.1) by Sarah J. Maas
A Court of Frost and Starlight - Sarah J. Maas

Feyre, Rhys, and their close-knit circle of friends are still busy rebuilding the Night Court and the vastly-changed world beyond. But Winter Solstice is finally near, and with it, a hard-earned reprieve.

Yet even the festive atmosphere can't keep the shadows of the past from looming. As Feyre navigates her first Winter Solstice as High Lady, she finds that those dearest to her have more wounds than she anticipated--scars that will have far-reaching impact on the future of their Court

Most people who follow my reviews know that I LOVE Sarah J Maas and that she can do no wrong to me …. Or so I thought. I was really looking forward to this book since I was in a desperate need of my Rhysand fix.

Of course, once I got the book, I dove right into but quickly realized it is not the same. It was pretty slow and kind of boring as we pretty much follow Rhysand, Feyre and gang follow as they prepare for the Winter Solstice and recalling time since we left them in the last book.  The book felt a bit forced to me, too many thing to little time but mostly forced and r rushed I can’t really decided but I think a bit both.

Also I didn’t really like that it switched POV from first to third person. We get Rhysand and Feye in first person and Cassian and Mor in third person, which kind of interrupted the flow of the book for me. But that is maybe just me and most people don’t mind it.

The book did pick up and we did get plenty of Rhys and Feyre smexy time and a good amount of out favorite fae lord lol.

Overall, I enjoyed it plenty just not as much as I thought I would.

I rate it 3★ and I’m really looking forward to the next main/spin-off book.

Buy Links

Amazon *** B&N *** Kobo

Source: snoopydoosbookreviews.com/index.php/2018/05/22/review-a-court-of-frost-and-starlight-a-court-of-thorns-and-roses-3-1-by-sarah-j-maas
review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-05-22 09:58
Unwritten by Tara Gilboy
Unwritten - Tara Gilboy

NOTE:  I received an Uncorrected Advanced Proof of this book from NetGalley.  This review is my honest opinion of the book.

_______________________

TITLE:  Unwritten

AUTHOR:  Tara Gilboy

EXPECTED DATE OF PUBLICATION: 16 October 2018

ISBN-13 (paperback):  978-1-63163-178-8

ISBN-13 (ebook):  978-1-63163-178-8

__________________________

Unwritten is a beautifully written portal-fantasy/adventure novel written for middle-graders but that is also interesting enough for adults to read.  The novel also has an attractive and eye-catching front cover.

The reader follows twelve-year-old Gracie, who is not a normal child.  She is actually a character from an unpublished novel that she has never read.  She only knows that she was supposed to die in the story.  That's why her parents took her (and some other people) out of the story, into this world, to save her.  She longs to know more about the story but her mother refuses to talk about it. All that this secret-keeping does is foster Gracie's curiousity about herself and the story she came from.  Then the author of Gracie's unpublished story comes to town and things get interesting... and messy.

The main characters are believable (even if I did want to stuff Gracie in a broomcloset for continually ignoring sound parental requests), and the conflicts dealt with are complex.  however, the other characters (Walter, Cassandra and Jacob) could all have used a bit more "flesh".  The plot line is interesting and slightly twisty, with the setting skipping between our world and the story-world.

There are many themes in this book - keeping secrets, being honest, the detrimental effects of being too stubborn, family - but the main theme is about figuring out who you are in a world that may try to turn you into something else; realizing that your story is not written for you and you can determine your own path.

Being geared for the 8-14 years olds, this novel is rather short and fairly easy to understand, but it is a fantastic story about magic and self-determination that is enjoyable to read.

review 2018-05-22 06:06
Book Tour: The Accidental Guardian
The Accidental Guardian - Mary Connealy

Are you a person would would like to see what an wagon trail is like. Learn about it some what. Well you get glimpses of it though the accidental guardian. You can see what it like to be a survivor of a wagon train.

We find out about Tracy Riley and some of his past. He has to protect not only woman but also two children. They are survivors of the wagon train. We seem to be following more of Deb's story rather then her little sister Gwen and the children. Though maybe in the second book we learn more about the children and Gwen story.

Deb is adventurous and Trace and seem interested in Tracy from  the beginning. Trace put Deb in his bed that first night. Is there romance between them or not?

Source: nrcbooks.blogspot.com/2018/05/book-tour-accidental-guardian.html