logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: boss
Load new posts () and activity
review 2021-08-22 03:49
Ways to Tempt the Boss (Brooklyn Nights #2) by: Joanne Rock
Ways to Tempt the Boss (Brooklyn Nights #2) - Joanne Rock

Ways to Tempt the Boss by Joanne Rock

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A study in heartache becomes an inspiring tale of hope. Blair and Lucas play emotions like a broken harp string. Brutal, off key, but powerful just the same. Rock breathes new life into an overwhelming journey that touches a reader in the deepest way. Ways to Tempt a Boss finds it's song in the cracks of life and love .

review 2020-06-10 10:58
The Boss: A Workplace Romance (A Keeper Series, #3) by: Melissa McClone
The Boss: A Workplace Romance (A Keeper Series, #3) - Melissa McClone

The Boss: A Workplace Romance by Melissa McClone

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

McClone takes romance to a deeper level and hits back at stereotypes in the process. Drake and Chaney find their second chance, will foolish pride detail their chance at happiness once again? The Boss gives the senses just enough temptation to jumpstart the heart. Though not always a beautiful ride, it's definitely a wildly satisfying one.

review 2020-05-17 08:10

Length: 50,000
Genre: Romance, Contemporary, Gay romance, Boss/employee

Add to Goodreads

Synopsis

Jake Michelson plays it safe. All he wants to do is keep a roof over his head and graduate from NYU in a few months. He can count on three things in life: his job at Dinkin’s Donuts, his best friend Marri, and school.

Archer Ferraro plays by his own rules. The one thing he can’t stand is when bad people get away with doing bad things. He’s dedicated his life to righting the wrongs the police can’t or won’t handle.

When Archer accidentally upsets Jake’s life, he vows to make it right and hires him.
Together, Jake and Archer must work on a new case involving stolen jewelry and a womanizer, deal with a lawyer brother and a jailbird father, and stay out of the cops’ way.

Should be easy…right?

Excerpt

“Hey!” Everyone stopped to gawk at the smallish, drunk man with his glasses askew. Jake struggled from my hold and staggered off his stool. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?” He took a few steps toward the asshole cowboy. “We’re having a good time. You can’t ruin our fun with your <em>stooopid</em> face.” Jake hauled back and punched him.

“Shit!” I lunged and grabbed Jake around the middle, pulling him away before the cowboy retaliated.

The cowboys surged forward, but a piercing whistle ripped through the air and everyone froze. Titus crooked a finger at one of his friends, a guy as big as himself, and pointed at Jake who was once again asleep in my arms.

The biker smiled, revealing a gold tooth. I returned it with an aborted one of my own. He slid his arm under Jake’s knees, then wiggled his other arm between us. I held his head as the guy lifted Jake like a child. I grabbed Marri’s hand before she could attack, and I hurried after the dude. He entered a door behind the bar and deposited Jake on a sofa.

“Thanks, man,” I said.

“No problem.” He slapped my shoulders and my knees almost buckled.

Breaking glass and shouts came from the bar, and I winced.

A chuckle rumbled in his chest like one their motorcycles kicking on. “Don’t worry. This happens at least once a month.”

“Seriously?”

“Titus doesn’t like homophobes, racists, or conservatives.” He grinned and headed out the door.

Marri and I exchanged glances.

“Are your friends okay?”

“They left. That’s what I was coming to tell you guys.” Marri peeked out at the bar and shut the door fast as glass shattered.

“Shit. Does it lock?”

She pushed the little button in the knob, and I laughed.

Purchase at Amazon

Karma's a Bit*hKarma's a Bit*h by Este Holland
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Jake has stayed the course and will soon graduate. He is trying to stay on track, and is looking at the goal on the horizon. Then he meets someone who turns his world sideways and upside down.

Archer first comes into Jake's place of business and begs him to sell something unsellable. There are real consequences to this action, for both of them. Then realizing they can help one another, they make a new plan that takes them one step closer to the rest of their lives.

This book is fast paced and literally can go whizzing by. I found I liked the characters lack of steady under their feet as it made for a fun read. Poor guys never know what hit them. From attraction, to change of jobs, to learning to navigate friendships this story has the reader on thier toes just wishing to be in on the action.

***This ARC copy was given in excahnge for an honest review only.

Meet the Author

Este Holland is a writer and reader of all things Romance. She's also a treasure hunter, a word wizard, a lover, and a fighter. She was born and raised in WV, and now lives in Virginia. She works in marketing during the day. She began writing novels in 2012.

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | eMail Instagram | Pinterest | Bookbub

Giveaway

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Blog Button 2

review 2020-05-02 06:21
Married to my Boss: A Secret Baby Romance by: Annie J. Rose
Married to my Boss: A Secret Baby Romance - Annie J. Rose

Drew and Asia walk a fine line between sinfully, sexy and heart-achingly real. That makes for a tempestuous kind of romance. Married to my Boss has alot of baggage to work it's way through. Rose battle six years of secrets and distance plus one huge surprise. Slowly these characters wiggle their way into your heart without you having even realized that they have done so.

review 2020-04-19 21:43
Before by Bethany Kris - Bethany-Kris

This a was a great novella getting a little bit of an insight into Lev's life before he became Andino Marcello's enforcer.This story was heartfelt as Lev's life was not and easy one which lead him to do unconventional things in order to survive but, for just a blimp in time one women fired his blood and made him smile.Gigi was a sweetheart and she is more than just a beautiful face because we found her to be funny ,sweet,kind and one who owns her sexuality and in future books we think she will be a force to be reckoned with.We loved getting to know these characters down right to the old lady as the were all quite love-able already and we can't wait to read what comes next from then."Loved it !"