logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: buy-it
Load new posts () and activity
review 2016-10-06 21:31
Tek: The Modern Cave Boy
Tek: The Modern Cave Boy - Patrick McDonnell

5 Stars, Buy it.

The kindle version of this is a little weird, it has outlines on the pages and looks like you are reading it on your phone because there is a battery and wi fi signal on it. Anyway, this is a cute story about a little guy named tek who is completely hooked on gadgets. Once tek gets away from his gadgets, the weird outlines disapear and everything looks normal.  Such a totally and sweet adorable book. Of course it’s written by Patrick Mcdonnell, so it’s no surprise it’s incredibly juicy and sweet. Highly recommend. My only complaint is that it’s too short.

review 2016-10-06 16:35
The Hiccupotamus
The Hiccupotamus - Aaron Aaron Zenz

5 Stars, Buy it. I love the pastel art and colors. I love the rhyming, the story was adorable. The cast bios at the end was very sweet and silly. I sometimes wish children’s books were longer but I suppose there are only so many ways to rhyme Hiccupotamus. Definitely a good read for readers of all ages.

review 2016-10-05 16:23
Narwhat: Unicorn of the Sea
Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea (A Narwhal and Jelly Book) - Ben Clanton

5 Stars, buy it

Netgalley review.

Great little children’s book on a Narwhal and a Jellyfish who doesn’t believe the Narwhal is real. There are some cute facts on the Narhwal and the Jellyfish so it’s also educational as well as being cute. I love the art! And the stories are really sweet. I definitely recommend this.

review 2016-10-05 15:59
Lumberjanes #30
Lumberjanes #30 - Leyh Kat,Carey Pietsch,Shannon Watters

5 Stars, Buy it

And with this issue, I’m all caught up! The rest of the girls set out to try to rescue Mal and Ripley. Great issue and it leaves us all on a cliff hanger. I have to wait another month for another issue? NNOOOOOO!!! The writing is still fantastic, I can’t get enough of the characters, really like the story line. Great series.

Amazon Description: Mal and Ripley are MISSING?!

Characters for my reference

April- Short red head girl

Jen- dark skinned camp counselor

Jo- tall kid

Mal: Dark haired girl with half shaved head

Molly: Blond haired girl

Ripley: Short brunet with headband around her head and blue streak in hair

Rosie- head of camp. Constantly calls Jen Jane. Very cool.

Diane- girl from another cabin at the camp, black hair Apparently the sister of Jo.

Bubbles- Molly’s raccoon hat who happens to be a live raccoon

Barney- Boy from boys camp that they run into a lot

review 2016-10-04 16:39
Lumberjanes #29
Lumberjanes #29 - Leyh Kat,Carey Pietsch,Shannon Watters

5 Stars, Buy it

Ripley and Mal get into a boat load of trouble after haircuts. April and Diane nearly kill each other they are so angry with each other. Very good issue.

Amazon Description: Diane is back at camp and the Roanokes...don’t really know how to feel about that, especially when they discover a camper has been turned to stone!

Characters for my reference

April- Short red head girl

Jen- dark skinned camp counselor

Jo- tall kid

Mal: Dark haired girl with half shaved head

Molly: Blond haired girl

Ripley: Short brunet with headband around her head and blue streak in hair

Rosie- head of camp. Constantly calls Jen Jane. Very cool.

Bubbles- Molly’s raccoon hat who happens to be a live raccoon