logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: characters-witches-wizards
Load new posts () and activity
review 2016-03-04 23:31
Body Magic (Triad #2) by Poppy Dennison
Body Magic - Poppy Dennison

WARNING: spoilers!

But then the book is predictable, if you read the first installment, I am sure you figured the juicy bits out already.

==================================

This is a Happy Book, A Jory Book ...only better! We all know Jory is good with in-laws, grumpy old men, wolves ...um, dogs ...same crap, children, dishes; plus he is adorable and sexy. Guess what? Simon is all that, plus he sparkles and levitates.

Then there is Cade and Rocky, hornifying each other in every bush, corner and building of the village. Then of course, there is Gray and Simon sexing like rabbits in between breakfasts, coffee, pancakes, games with children, computer games, plants and other happy things. For like 70%.

Speaking of children in or near my books:

Then at 70% poop hits the fan. Everyone is fighting or dying or chasing deadly things, except for the council, of course. Seems, they dropped directions to all the uber spots in the toilet and missed all the fun, including dog fights (and, I guess, bets?). Now, who wouldn't be cranky after that? So, the old pervs decide to confiscate the only shiny they could still get their claws on - Simon.

BUT - thank god for Rocky! The lowly omega saves Simon, shames the balls off the council and grucks Gray's beta in the... oh, that would be a spoiler :P

=====

This book: first 70% - happy, happy, happy; last 30% - gruesome and violent with a cliffy.

I like: first 90% - gruesome and violent; last 10% - happy, or somewhat happy.

Told you, it's me. ONE STAR.WARNING: spoilers!

But then the book is predictable, so I am sure you figured the juicy bits out already.

==================================

This is a Happy Book, A Jory Book ...only better! We all know Jory is good with in-laws, grumpy old men, wolves ...um, dogs ...same crap, children, dishes; plus he is adorable and sexy. Guess what? Simon is all that, plus hesparkles and levitates.

Speaking of children in or near my books:

=====

I like: first 90% - gruesome and violent; last 10% - happy, or somewhat happy.

Told you, it's me. ONE STAR.

review 2016-02-04 01:51
Token of Hope by Azalea Moone
Token of Hope - Azalea Moone

The king, one of the MC's, didn't hate mages and especially their leader. He just wanted their land. Hence the war. But no, there was definitely no hate. He just killed them all for lolz.

review 2016-01-30 04:54
In Despair (Princes of the Blood #3) by Megan Derr
In Despair - Megan Derr

This particular order of the series didn't work for me, unfortunately. I wish I read it backwards.

THIS IS NOT A REVIEW!
These are just my feels. They are so strong that I have an urge to spill them for all to see:

The two teenage boys, the MCs, Korin, 15 and Telme, 16, cried through the entire book until the very end where they are what ...40+? I almost had a breakdown myself just out of the sheer frustration, and boy was I mad when my kids stole the last 10 sheets of paper out of my printer! My evil plan had failed :(

But if you don't mind the teenage drama and buckets of tears, this book might be OK for you.
I would have easily given it 4 stars, but I am sorry, I just can't :/ 3 stars, but I will up it to 3.5 on Leafmarks and Booklikes.

review 2016-01-17 23:22
Spiretown by Lia Black
Spiretown - Lia Black

The rating is entirely me. There are plenty of people awarding this book with 5 stars, so it must be me.

My major pet peeves:

I do not like horror and I do not like books that rotate solely around one or two characters, unless those characters are marooned or isolated from the rest of the world and society against their will (nods to Robinson Crusoe and The Broker).

This is a character driven book, and though MCs are pretty entertaining by themselves, they live in a bubble. There are some people momentarily poking in and out, but only to conveniently manipulate prompt the boys and the plot along and add to the character development. However they hold no substance and are eerie at best; they are in the book for the author's convenience. Imho.

Urban Fantasy is not a proper tag, it's more like a "guestroom" or a "kitchen" fantasy, considering that most of the action takes place inside Collin's house and there are maybe 2 extra characters that somehow matter and live outside of Collin's house.

I guess the question of segregation and discrimination that this book brings up should be a good cause for an extra star, but I don't think I can muster energy to do it. The book drained me.

2.5 stars.

review 2016-01-16 01:05
With Pride by Megan Derr
With Pride - Megan Derr

This is much better than book one and I am giving a solid 4.
Weird thing, tho, the books go back in time. If I knew I would have read #3 first. I felt lost reading "Of Last Resort" :(