logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: children\'s
Load new posts () and activity
review 2021-12-08 21:40
A Charlie Brown Christmas - Charles Schulz
I watch this cartoon on tv at Christmas time every year since I was a child, so when I saw the book for it I jumped at a chance to reminisce through these pages.
It was a delight and made me smile! The illustrations are exactly what you would hope for, and the story is the same!
Oh how I wish my children were small again so I could read this to them. The magic of the Peanuts crew is something I cherish. You know, I still read the comics online every single morning!!
Probably the best classic Christmas book for kids! (I might be bias though!)
Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2021/12/a-charlie-brown-christmas-51.html
review 2021-11-18 02:04
DRAGON'S BREATH by Michael Gordon
Dragon's Breath - Michael Gordon

Joe, the dragon, does not like to brush his teeth so each night he does not. His breath is so bad his becomes the smelliest in the family. George, his boy, decides to set up a contest to get Joe to brush his teeth. Will it work?

This is the cutest story about good oral hygiene without being preachy. The illustrations are fabulous. The tale is told through rhyme. I enjoyed this book so much. I love Joe! Perfect for your 2-6 year olds who are learning to read.

review 2021-11-16 04:02
BEEWITCHED by Julia Dweck
Beewitched - Julia Dweck

Cute story of Beetrice who loves bees so much she becomes one. She learns what is like to be a bee and needs rescued. But who will rescue her?

I enjoyed this story. It is bright and colorful. It is fun. It is imaginative. I learned what it takes to be a bee. I loved how anything to do with b was emphasized.

My only complaint is the dialogue is written in red which on a Kindle is hard to read especially if you are older.

I look forward to reading more of this author.

review 2021-11-13 04:14
BILLY AND THE MONSTER WHO ATE ALL THE EASTER EGGS by David Chuka
Billy and the Monster Who Ate All the Easter Eggs - David Chuka

Imaginative story of Billy and his Monster friend who love to celebrate holidays but love Easter most of all because of all the chocolate, their favorite thing. But chocolate at grandma's tempts them too much and they learn the value of moderation.

I chuckled as Billy and the Monster make a mess of the Easter chocolate. I shook my head as Billy decided he could get up early to clean the mess (like he is any different from the rest of us--ain't gonna happen!) An adorable story for your 3-5 year old.

review 2021-11-11 19:54
BEARS by Kay de Silva
Bears: Amazing Pictures & Fun Facts on Animals in Nature (Our Amazing World Series) - de Silva, Kay

Bears are interesting.  I learned a lot reading this children's book, like Australia has no bears.  I also learned about bears I never knew existed.  I liked the photographs accompanying the prose.  I enjoyed a small description of their eating habits and where each bear can be found.  A good educational read for your 4-8 year old.