logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: childrens
Load new posts () and activity
show activity (+)
review 2018-09-16 08:18
Sharks and Other Sea Monsters
Sharks And Other Sea Monsters - Robert Sabuda,Matthew Reinhart

Our return yesterday left us with the worst jet-lag either of us has ever experienced and this pop up book was the most complicated reading I was capable of before passing out on the couch for the duration.

But boy, what a pop up book it is.  I have 2 others in this series, one on Dinosaurs and one on Megafauna, and this one is at least as good as the others.  The art work is amazing, and the explanations are perfect for young readers and old readers alike; I especially appreciate the pronunciation guide for each of the ancient beasts.  I learned more than a little bit while reading/flapping the pages around and making 'nom nom nom' noises.  The cats were super impressed with my ancient beasts impersonations.

I highly recommend this and the other books for anyone who still looks with wonder at a well made pop up book.  No kids required.

I'm not cheeky enough to claim it, but this book would totally qualify for the Fear the Drowning Deep square of Halloween bingo 2018.  ;-)

review 2018-09-10 05:58
A Light in the Attic
Light in the Attic - Shel Silverstein

A Light in the Attic is a poem book that contains fun to read poems. This book can be used in the classroom as a reading center or and early finishers activity. Students in pairs can also  take turns reading poems from the book and practicing fluency.

Level R

Grade 3-5

review 2018-09-10 05:55
Where the Sidewalk Ends
Where the Sidewalk Ends - Shel Silverstein

Where the Sidewalk ends is a book that contains enjoyable poems that are fun to read. This book can be used in the classroom as a reading center or and early finishers activity. Students in pairs can also  take turns reading poems from the book and practicing fluency.

Non-Fiction

Level Q

Grade 3-5

review 2018-09-10 05:49
My Mouth is a Volcano
My Mouth Is a Volcano Activity and Idea Book - Julia Cook,Carrie Hartman

"All of Louis thoughts are very important to him. In fact, his thoughts are so important to him that when he has something to say, his words begin to wiggle, and then they do the jiggle, then his tongue pushes all of his important words up against his teeth and he erupts, or interrupts others. His mouth is a volcano!" This book can be used in the classroom to introduce classroom rules, expectations and routines. It can lead to a discussion on what should be appropriate to ask the teacher and what the student should ask a peer. The book is a great engaging materials that allow students to learn how to follow procedures.

Fiction

PreK-3

Level J

review 2018-09-10 05:43
When sophie gets really really angry
When Sophie Gets Angry -- Really, Really Angry - Molly Bang

When sophie gets really really angry  illustrates a girl named Sophie who gets angry and runs away. This book would be great to introduce emotions in the classroom. Anger can be very upsetting for some children, therefore this book displays that everybody gets angry sometimes. The discussion can also lead to what you can do to deal with anger. This book can also be read to the class while introducing routines and expectations.

Fiction