logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: childrens
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-10-18 14:39
Book 67/100: B is for Bear by Roger Priddy
B is for Bear - Roger Priddy

A cut above the typical alphabet book due to the fun textures and bright, beautiful photos.

review 2017-10-17 15:48
Book 66/100: Before You by Rebecca Doughty
Before You - Rebecca Doughty

This is a really sweet book about the love and feeling of completeness a special someone can bring to your life, whether a child, lover, or friend. I love that cats were generously represented in the illustrations, too! Only awarding four stars, though, due to my general discomfort with the idea that anyone is ever "incomplete" without someone else, no matter how adorably that idea is executed.

review 2017-10-14 23:21
The Bad Mood and the Stick - Lemony Snicket,Matthew Forsythe

Great story that develops in a way that is not exactly how you expect. The illustrations definitely compliment the story, while adding a little bit more to each scene. There is a lot of opportunity for discussion regarding what other characters are up to through out the book as well.

I received this book in exchange for an honest review.

review 2017-10-11 03:18
Vanishing Coin
The Vanishing Coin [The Magic Shop Book 1] - Magician Mike Lane,Kate Egan,Eric Wight

I finished reading this to the students today. When I asked if they liked the book, 15 out of the 18 said yes. Their favorite part overall was the magic tricks. They liked when Mike performed the tricks, but they also liked that the book contained instructions for them to learn the tricks too. Next week we are having a magic show, discussing the book, making flyers to help promote the book, and picking our next read.

This book is part of a series of books revolving around Mike. He is a smart kid but has difficulty focusing and thinks he isn't good at anything. Then he discovers the White Rabbit and its proprietor, Mr. Zerlin. Mike finds out that he is good at something after all, magic.

This book is sure to be a winner with young readers. Many kids love magic and learning magic tricks. Also, many kids will see shades of themselves in this book. Kids often get distracted or have difficulty focusing, and this book allows them to see that it happens to other kids too. It doesn't make them stupid, they just need to find their own kind of magic.

review 2017-10-07 05:34
Where Oliver Fits - Cale Atkinson Where Oliver Fits - Cale Atkinson

This is a fantastic book that grabbed my attention right at the cover illustration and title. A little puzzle piece trying to find where he belongs and finally realizing that to fit in he truly has to be himself, is a great story and with such wonderful full page illustrations, it is a joy to read. An absolute gem and worth every star!
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.