logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: childrens
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-01-17 19:54
Pete the Cat Rocks!
Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes - Eric Litwin,James Dean

Pete the Cat is such a good book to start the school year with. It comes with a c.d. for you and your students to jam to while reading the book. The illustrations are adorable! It is a wonderful book for your students to interact with. This book is for students on a DRA Level of 16. If you read it to the class as a whole, it is great for students from kindergarten to second grade.

review 2019-01-16 20:29
Book Review: The Fugitive Factor
The Fugitive Factor - Gordon Korman

Title: The Fugitive Factor
Author: Gordon Korman
Series: On The Run, #2
Format: ebook
Length: 216 pages (iPhone)
Rating: 4 stars

Synopsis: Aiden and Meg Falconer are now celebrities ... for all the wrong reasons. It's much harder to be on the run when the whole country's looking for you....
Aiden and Meg Falconer are out to find the evidence that will free their parents from a life sentence in prison. But in order to do that, they have to live undercover. Ever since they broke out of a juvenile detention facility, they've been chased by the FBI ... and by a strange killer they've nicknamed Hairless Joe. Now their story has hit the airwaves, and suddenly everyone is looking for the Falconer kids. They think they can hide with an old family friend ... but when she turns them in and Meg is put in jail, the danger and adventure only increase.

(spoiler show)

Favourite character: Meg
Least favourite character: Emmanuel Harris

Mini-review: I am loving this series. It’s fun, action-packed, keeps you on the edge of the seat and it’s a pretty quick read. Would highly recommend this series.

Aiden Falconer - Cameron Boyce

Series: Nancy Drew Files, #27
Format: ebook
Length: 160 pages
Rating: 3 stars

Synopsis: Nancy's high school class reunion provides a mysterious opportunity when former cheerleader Wendy Harriman finds her room ransacked and a horrifying death threat is left among the mess.

Favourite character: George
Least favourite character: Wendy

Mini-review: I thought this was a pretty good Nancy Drew book. I always like reading the ones I’ve never read before, because then I don’t know the ending ahead of time. I didn’t guess this one, surprisingly. But I wasn’t really shocked. I can’t actually remember the last time a Nancy Drew shocked me.

Nancy Drew - Katherine McNamara

Series: Dork Diaries, #1
Format: hardcover
Length: 282 pages

Synopsis:
Meet Nikki Maxwell! She's starting eighth grade at a new school—and her very first diary packed with hilarious stories and art in Book One of the #1 New York Times bestselling Dork Diaries series!
New school. New mean girl. New crush. New diary so I can spill about all of it…
I put a lot of really personal stuff in this diary along with my sketches and doodles.
But, mostly it’s about how TRAUMATIC it was transferring to my new private middle school, Westchester Country Day.
And, how a lot of the CCP (Cool, Cute & Popular) kids were really SNOBBY and made my life TOTALLY miserable. People like, oh, I don’t know, maybe…
MACKENZIE HOLLISTER!!
And, it just so happened that I got stuck with a locker right next to hers. I could NOT believe I had such CRAPPY luck. I knew right then and there it was going to be a VERY, VERY long school year :-( !

Favourite character: Nikki
Least favourite character: MacKenzie

Mini-review: This series is like my guilty pleasure, I swear. I love all the sass and I appreciate the pop-culture references of the times (Jonas Brothers, High School Musical, etc.) and her obsession with Tyra Banks. I also love how she has sassy speeches in her head that she’s too scared to say out loud. I relate big time.

Nikki Maxwell - Kassidy Slaughter

Series: Nancy Drew & Hardy Boys: Super Mystery, #6
Format: mass market paperback
Length: 219 pages
Rating: 3 stars

Synopsis: Nancy and Bess are in Paris posing as publicists with Johnny Crockett's World Hunger Rock Tour. But before long, they run into the Hardys and discover that their separate cases are connected!

Favourite character: Frank and Joe
Least favourite character: N/A

Mini-review: This was a pretty good crossover, but not enough NancyxFrank in my opinion. I wish Frank had referenced Callie at the very least, but no such luck. The mystery was good, slightly solvable but good. One minor character I feel like it’s slightly based on David Suchet’s version of Poirot, but it was kind of fun. It was great to have a recurring character in Alan Wales (from Nancy Drew Files books 1 (Secrets Can Kill) and 2 (Deadly Intent)).

Nancy Drew - Katherine McNamara
Kevin Fuller - Tom Hiddleston
Roger Hart - James Maslow
Ruby Bloom - Taylor Swift
Brent Travis - Martin Freeman
Commissaire François Guillaume - David Suchet ;)