logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: clinton
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-08-10 17:38
World Full of Wondrous Women
She Persisted - Chelsea Clinton,Alexandra Boiger
Daughter of former U.S. president Bill Clinton, Chelsea Clinton brings a picture book about 13 women who are a part of U.S. history and are the reason women and men have many things to feel blessed for.

I knew many of the women in this book, some just by name and others I had never heard. Each woman is given two pages, with wonderful art and a short but sweet description of each womans’ contribution to the world.

The writings for each lady is as I said short and makes me itch for more about them.  I can only hope that children get the same feeling and want to read more about these wonderful people.

Written by a very smart woman and mother this book is a great add to bring knowledge of people we should always remember.
review 2017-08-03 15:49
She Persisted: 13 Women Who Changed the World
She Persisted - Chelsea Clinton,Alexandra Boiger

I Picked Up This Book Because: I saw an interview with Chelsea on The Tonight Show about the book and thought it was a great idea so when I say my local library had it I picked it up.

The Story:

This book was exactly what it says it is. Wonderful women who persisted to change the world. Beautiful quotes from each and vivid illustrations. I wish every little girl in the world could read this book.

The Random Thoughts:

I’m buying a few copies to donate to local schools.

The Score Card:

5 Stars

review 2017-03-04 02:43
Utter Hogwash!
Game of Thorns: The Inside Story of Hillary Clinton's Failed Campaign and Donald Trump's Winning Strategy - Doug Wead

From the cover of the book, I expected it to be somewhat partisan. "The inside story of Hillary Clinton's failed campaign and Donald Trump's winning strategy". However, I was unprepared for what lay inside.
Wead not only completely and utterly lays the fault of everything from the fall of America to the crucifying of Christ at the hands of Clinton, he totally absolves Trump as the second coming of Christ himself. While utilizing great journalistic prose such as "the first lady ALLEGEDLY answered. The story was APPARENTLY corroborated by others". Granted, Clinton was a deeply flawed candidate, with a huge trunk of baggage and an apparent dislike of the truth, but to have to embellish her story with the use of allegedly and apparently is the work of a jealous high schooler who has been thrown over for a prom date. It would have been so much more effective to just lay out the facts, and let the reader make up their own mind.
Wead takes just the opposite tack with Trump. Not a word of dissent was spoken against him. Instead, readers learn of Trump's conquering of his military school, his unquestionable belief in God, and his single-handed saving of New York City in the 1970's.
Not satisfied with merely trashing Clinton, Wead turns his eye on the "evil media". Such as "CNN covered the quote, but then added its own commentary; it couldn't trust the viewers to hear Trump without a filter". And, "But the major American media had already picked the winner and they weren't interested in narratives that might confuse their audience".
I honestly could not stomach the entire book. I made it through the first 40%, by holding my nose and trying to give it a fair read. Perhaps it is too soon to objectively look at the election as the battle between two deeply flawed candidates. Hopefully we will learn from this round and improve in the future.
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for a honest review. I only wish it was possible to assign a negative number of stars.

review 2016-11-15 00:00
Love Me Like You Do (NYC Singles #3)
Love Me Like You Do (NYC Singles #3) - S... Love Me Like You Do (NYC Singles #3) - Sasha Clinton description

DNF @ 50%

description

Unfortunately, this was a miss for me. None of the characters were remotely likable to me. Bella came across as desperate and pathetic. Jamie was just uninteresting. Grant was a disgusting asshole. Eve was pathetic for even breathing the same air as Grant.

There was WAY too much emphasis on looks, and weight from EVERY character. In almost every scene someone was commenting on someone being "old" or "wrinkled" or "fat" or "lazy" The final straw was finding out the heroine is 6 years older than the hero. Had I known that before, I wouldn't have accepted the ARC because it is just SO not my thing.

You win some, you lose some. Moving on...

review 2016-09-05 00:00
Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World
Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World - Bill Clinton 3.5 stars

This is a great book to help with having ideas of which groups to donate to match with the causes important to you and also it helps give the reader ideas if you would like to start something of your own. I felt inspired. There really is something we can all do to make our world better.