logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: comic-book
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-01-18 01:29
Heavy handed eco message
Fathom Vol. 1 #1: Against All Odds - Vince Hernandez

I'm not saying it's not important, but it feels like a commercialized heavy handed messagings, and I didn't enjoy it all that much.

The art is pretty, but not quite as pretty as the cover in my opinion.   Just meh on this.

review 2019-01-12 04:44
YESSSSS!
TONY STARK IRON MAN #1 ((Regular Cover)) - Marvel Comics - 2018 - 1st Printing - DanSlottStark1,ValerioSchitiStark1

Look, if you thought I was in this for Stark and his tech, well, yeah, sure, at first.   Then when I realized he'd brought in Ultron's creation, Jocasta, to be the robot ethicist.

It's a fun series, especially watching Jocasta teach people to treat robots like people, and her telling every robotic creation with/approaching self-awareness that they didn't have to throw themselves into danger if they didn't want to.

I have a feeling that she'll put a wrench in many of Stark's plans, but she also stole the show for me.   Debating buying all of this, along with a Bumblebee one-shot I missed in a week or so when the Bee issue goes half-off.

review 2019-01-12 04:33
The Punisher (2018-) #6 - Matt Rosenberg,Greg Smallwood,Szymon Kudranski

Trapped by Baron Zemo, Frank Castle/The Punisher is in a Hydra prison.   If the guards don't kill him, and Zemo doesn't kill him, will the people in prison?

It seems so, although these are people imprisoned by nazis.   Will they lead Punisher to his doom, or to redemption?

Either way, I can't wait to find out.   I'm finding this brutally compelling, and I hate having to wait another month for more...

review 2019-01-12 04:32
Nope
Marvel Knights #1 - Chuck Dixon,Klaus Janson,Eduardo Barreto

I found this hard to get into or invested in.   Neither storyline nor art impressed me that much, and I was glad I had gotten it for free.

review 2019-01-12 04:27
Continues to be lovely
Spider-Gwen: Ghost-Spider (2018-) #4 - Seanan McGuire,Rosi Kampe,Bengal

I notice there's another writer on this, which makes sense.   I didn't check, but the writing did feel different.

Still, a lovely take on the character. I refuse to indulge Marvel in their events, so I was a bit lost on the details, but still felt the rough patch Gwen was going through and was fed enough information to get the general idea.

What she had to do in the end was so hard, and also so kind.   So much like her to take on that kindness when no one else thought of it.

I love Spider-Gwen so, so much!