Norton 360 is well renowned antivirus software that not only provides protection against virus and malware but also embeds the computer system with a Firewall which helps further in protection against any kind of system threat. One of the most common issues which Norton users encounter is when the Norton firewall unintentionally blocks the VPN (virtual private network connectivity). Generally, this takes place when the user does not configure the firewall to permit the VPN. Here, we will discuss how to Configure Norton 560 and VPN. In case of any query or issue, contact Norton 360 help.
How to Configure Norton 360 and VPN?
In order to configure Norton 360 and a VPN, follow the steps mentioned below: -
- First of all, go to the Norton 360 software by double-clicking the program icon.
- Next, you need to update Norton 360 by selecting
the “Run Live Update” menu. Remember that the older versions of Norton 360 would automatically block all the VPN traffic, irrespective of the firewall rules.
- After that, select the “Task and Settings” menu and then opt for the “Advanced Settings” option.
- Now, select the “Firewall Protection Settings” option, choose the “Add” button, and select for the “VPN” application.
- Then, click on the “Permit” button, and choose the incoming and outgoing traffic which is followed by the “Next” button.
- Next, choose the “Any Computer” menu button and then press on “Next.”
- After that, you have to choose the option to apply to “All Ports” and “All Types of Communication.”
- At last, enter the text description for the firewall rule and then click on Next << Finish << Close and the configuration process of Norton 360 for a VPN Connection is completed.
These are the simple steps that you need to follow to configure Norton 360 and VPN. In case, if you have any query or issue, then call on Norton Antivirus Help Number.