logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: contemporary-romance
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-09-20 19:59
ALONG CAME JONES by Dixie Browning
Along Came Jones - Dixie Browning

Rex sees Lu coming from the fishing pond and is struck by her but he has no idea why. He's out for a good time and the ladies he goes with know the score but something about Lu knocks him sideways. He's secretive and does not trust easily but somehow Lu gets under his defenses.

I enjoyed this story--a good beach read. I liked the contrast between Rex and Lu-one open, one closed. When trouble comes Lu fights tooth and nail to get Rex cleared. There is some humor there. Rex does cause Lu to change her life and she needs a shaking up. Just a quick fun read.

review 2020-09-07 01:36
99 PERCENT MINE by Sally Thorne
99 Percent Mine - Sally Thorne

Darcy and her twin brother Jamie have inherited their grandmother's house which they are to remodel and sell, dividing the proceeds of the sale. Jamie hires Tom, a childhood friend, to do the remodel. Darcy is there to make sure the remodel is what she wants. Tom has always carried a torch for Darcy as she has for him but neither will admit it. This has caused Darcy to travel the world, hooking up for one-night stands while Tom has been engaged for some years to the same woman. Will working together finally make them admit their need and love of each other?

I enjoyed this book. There was a lot of subtle humor in it especially on Darcy's part. Tom is strait-laced but she does get to him. They are a perfect couple. I like how they work together. It made me smile throughout the book watching them dance around each other. This was a fun read!

review 2020-07-27 21:51
DATING MAKES PERFECT BY PINTIP DUNN
Dating Makes Perfect - Pintip Dunn

This was a perfect summer read! You know the kind, something light and quick and fun. Honestly I haven't been feeling much YA lately but this was the ideal choice for dipping a toe back in, I was able to read it all in two sittings.

The relationships in this book were wholesome and cute. I liked that while obviously it was a romance, it was mostly about a young girl finding herself. I also really enjoyed being immersed in Winnie's life and culture. While it can be great to see yourself in a character sometimes, it's also awesome to learn about cultures different than your own and see a new perspective. One of my absolute favorite things about this story was how rich it was in Thai culture. Dunn writes beautifully about Thai traditions, values, so many glorious dishes, and she even touches on the struggle of being a Thai-American living in the US. I really appreciated getting that closer look into something I didn't know a ton about.

I received an arc of this book from Entangled Teen via Netgalley and this is my honest review.

review 2020-07-16 22:07
Book Review for Dirty Rocker by S. C. Daiko
Dirty Rocker by S.C. Daiko - S.C. Daiko

Another enjoyable read from this author. We really enjoyed the characters and the story itself as it was fun and flirty and it also had a serious theme to it with issues such as struggling with guilt and battling alcohol & substance abuse.

We loved Hayley from the moment we met her she was kind and funny and independent and she was the type of person that everyone just loves she also is dealing with some personal issues of her own that have her shying away from any kind of a personal relationship until that dirty rocker bad boy Pierce Fox has her wishing things were different.

We loved that cocky bad boy rocker Pierce Fox to even though he initially was a bit of a douche he redeemed himself and then some throughout the book. We loved the fact that although Pierce's past was a troubling one he never made excuses for the choices he made and the things he had done in the past he just owned up to them and moved forward creating a better life for himself. We loved how talented he was and through his process of recovery, he was discovering he had some hidden talents as well.

We loved Pierce and Hayley as a couple they had tons of chemistry and they had developed an amazing friendship before becoming lovers which really was quite endearing. As the story unfolds both slowly start to heal and as they start dealing with the secrets of their past things really started heating up and even discovered things that would yet again change their lives once again.

Overall we really loved the story which surprised me as I am not much of a Rock Star romance kind of girl I ended up loving it. The story was heartfelt and emotional and had you laughing out loud at times and smirking at others. This was a really sweet romance full of lots of messy bits some good and others not so good but, through all the trials two people found their soul mate and they're happily ever after.

review 2020-07-16 18:50
Book Review for Devious Savior (Vicious Vipers MC Book 6) Lynn Burke
Devious Savior (Vicious Vipers MC Book 6) - Lynn Burke

What an enjoyable story this was after the whopping ending with Virgil's story and with his brother's continued attempts to self-sabotage and continuing down the rabbit  hole we were more intrigued than ever what his story was.

The answers to Ricky's past are revealed and he finally comes face to face with his demons that have been haunting him for over 20 years and with a little help from a blonde tiny dancer he even may overcome them once and for all.

I have to say that I really enjoyed Ricky's character because I found him to be real, vulnerable, protective, heartsick, guilt stiffened while having a lot of insecurities all probably stemming from his life choices and past deeds but, not so gone that he wasn't the type of man who wouldn't be redeemable.

I loved Casey from the moment that women graced the pages because that woman was a spitfire also sexy, independent, bold, beautiful, forward, and not the kind of woman to give up what she wants. Casey had me smiling and laughing out loud at her antics and forwardness and she kept that  smile plastered to my face the entire book. Casey may have been all those things but, like all women, she had her own insecurities which made her even more of a love-able character.

Lust and love, at first sight, we're pretty much what drew Ricky and Casey together in the first place baring her amazing resemblance to Ricky's past lover who haunts his dreams but, in the reality, they are complete opposite's. The chemistry and pull between the two was scorching hot  and sexy but, as always the road to getting want you to want is never an easy one and for this couple will love to be able to conquer all and lay those demons to rest once and for all?

We loved the story from beginning to end and we loved that it was heartfelt and emotional and complicated and had awesome characters that felt real so much so you felt their pain and suffering. A touching story about addiction, and healing, love, and forgiveness all wrapped up in one but, along that path and through all that chaos it leads you to the one woman destined to be your soulmate. A tale that kept you glued to the pages the entire time.