logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: contemporary-romance
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-10-19 04:55

Publisher:  MIRA

Publication Date: 10/17/2017

Format: Hardcover

My Rating: 4 Stars

Sherryl Woods returns with her popular Chesapeake Shores series following (2015) Willow Brook Road Chesapeake Shores, #13 with LILAC LANE (#14) —From Ireland to Chesapeake Shores – A magical place for healing and a little romance.

This time around we catchup with Moira and Luke O’Brien and their baby girl, Kate. Of course, with Nell and many of the familiar characters and places we love.

Moira is concerned about her mom, Kiera. Her husband Peter’s unexpected death was shocking after her second chance and raising her children on her own. Moria wants her to come and live in Chesapeake.

A steady dose of the O’Briens will restore her spirits. She had wasted years of bitterness and regrets after Moira’s dad left. She had taken a chance on love and now he was gone.

Maybe she could tell her she needs help with the baby, but possibly she can get her a job at the Irish pub, keeping an eye on the chef and making sure he does not stray too far from the proper Irish recipes.

Her mom needed the family. With much persuasion, she agrees to come to charming Chesapeake Shores as a consultant. She can always return to Dublin.

She rents a lovely cottage on Lilac Lane and is feeling good being part of a family. However, soon learns her neighbor is none other than Bryan Laramie, the not so pleasant and annoying chef at the pub, with whom Kiera is constantly at war with.

Moira soon sees the electricity between her mom and Bryan (similar to the relationship between her own relationship with Luke), when they first met.

However, Kiera thinks he is infuriating.

Of course, if you know the O’Briens they never mind their own business and the clan is always meddling to make sure everyone is happy.

Bryan, on the other hand, has his own past. He had enough broken hearts to last a lifetime and was still recovering from this last one.

Then his long-lost daughter shows up and both Bryan and Keira may have more in common than they may know. Plus, as always, there is always a community-wide event to ignite the flames.

With two complex personalities, it was time for the annual Fall Festival Irish Stew cook-off. And this town does nothing better than “stir the pot.”

With some competition, stubbornness, clever planning, Irish recipes, sacrifices, meddling, bets, some risks, and of course a little romance, to demonstrate love conquers all.

If you enjoy heartwarming stories of strong family bonds and authentic characters, Chesapeake Shores will draw you into their world with open arms. For fans of Debbie Macomber, Joanne Demaio, Mariah Stewart, and Susan Wiggs.

LOVE the Chesapeake Shores series (TV series and have read all the books in the series)— among many of her other books. A longtime fan of Sherryl Woods, starting in my younger years (before Goodreads) thru today. I love the idyllic settings, vivid descriptions, and intriguing characters.

Looking forward to hopefully Season 3 since Season 2 just wrapped up. Always look forward to the Sunday show. It makes me want to return to these books and read them for the second time. Sherryl allows you to escape and travel without leaving your home. It is the next best thing to being there. An ah moment.

Many thanks to MIRA and NetGalley for an advanced reading copy. I also listened to the audiobook, narrated by Christina Traister for an engaging listening experience.

In addition, I am very excited about the highly anticipated A Small Town Love Story: Colonial Beach, Virginia Coming Nov 14, 2017, on my Top 20 Books coming Nov. Part memoir, part oral history. The author gives us a rare and intimate look at Colonial Beach, Virginia.

Readers you will want to add this to your library collection and your must-read list.

JDCMustReadBooks

Source: www.judithdcollinsconsulting.com/single-post/2017/08/14/Lilac-Lane
review 2017-10-17 22:20
Define sustain: to give support or relief to; to supply with sustenance : nourish; keep up, prolong...a perfect title for this story.
Sustained (The Legal Briefs Series) - Emma Chase

Flow (Writing Style):  5/5

Backdrop (World Building):  5/5

Book Cover:  4/5

Narration:  5/5

Ending:  4.5/5  Cliffhanger:  Nope.

Steam Factor 0-5:  4

Total:  5/5 STARS - GRADE=A+

This is sooooo much better than the first book in this series…I loved this.  Those kids were my undoing, I laughed and I even shed a couple tears for them and Jake and Chelsea were super sweet together.  A good contemporary romance with just the right amount of believable angst…in a word, perfect.

Will I continue this series?⇜  I will now, for sure, since this book has completely redeemed this series and Emma Chase for me?

review 2017-10-12 21:03
Deck The Halls
Deck the Halls: A Darling, VT Christmas Romance Novella (A Darling, VT Novel) - Donna Alward

Title:  Deck The Halls

Rating:  Five

Review:

"Deck The Halls" by Donna Alward

My Thoughts.....

A well thought out contemporary romantic novella that is part of 'The Darling, VT series with some undercurrent of personal struggles. What a story this was as it presented 'the tough subject of veterans and what could happen when they return home only to have to live with the horrors what had happened will they were away serving our country.' This is definitely one of those stories that will touch ones heart. I liked how this author was able to get George who was a 'wonderful, gentle, proud man who had fought for his country, lost everything suffering from PTSD had finally been given a second chance.  What will happen as the twin sister of his best friend [Ian] Amy Merck arrives and reawakens old bad feelings that had been so close to him? For George had blamed himself for years over Ian's death. Will these two [George & Amy] be able to finds some degree of closures and be able to help one another?  With each other needing so much healing you will have to pick up "Deck The Halls' to see how this heartwarming emotional novella that will put you in a holiday seasonal mood.

review 2017-10-12 20:44

Rating:  Five

Review:

"With This Christmas Ring" by Manda Collins

My Thoughts....

What a good holiday romance read of just what can happen when a love lost will be found once again that will definite capture the wonderful feeling of the true spirit of this holiday season.  I found this short novella story to be well written from the start to the finish that will definite keep your attention. This was one of those read that will have you shaking your head as this story unfolds that tells 'the tale of a pair of lovers that were truly torn apart by the conspiracies of a particular family member.'  What will happen when all of the story comes out from traveling to Wrotham Castle?  Will these two [Merry & Alex] that had been torn apart be able to work toward their HEA?  Well, to find out you will have to pick up "With This Christmas Ring" to find out.

review 2017-10-12 05:45
Take the Lead by Alexis Daria - My Thoughts
Take the Lead: A Dance Off Novel - Alexis Daria

Ballroom dancing, reality shows, a sexy, talented Latina dancer, a handsome, rugged, Alaskan outdoorsman, a secret or two... put them all together, shake 'em up and what do you get? A fun, sexy romance that owes everything to Dancing with the Stars.  :)

Gina is a ballroom dancer, one of the best of the best.  She refuses to play the showmance games her producers propose with her new partner, Stone.  Drop dead, gorgeous, reality star Stone.  The only problem is, as they get to know each other, they start to like each other and of course there's no denying the sexy sparks that flare between them.

Take the Lead is sexy and fun, especially for fans of Dancing with the Stars.  They'll recognise some familiar.... um... types, shall we say.  I got a special kick of out Kevin, the golden boy of the show who gets the best partners and seems to win more than his fair share of the competitions.  Oh, does THAT sound familiar!  *LOL*  There's also a J-Lo type secondary character.

Both of the lead characters have their flaws and their obstacles to overcome.  Gina doesn't want fall into the stereotypical characterisation of Latina women in entertainment, nor to present a questionable role model for her nieces.  Stone needs to protect his family with well-meaning lies.  Reality TV is a bitch.  *LOL*

The development of the romance may seem a little rushed, but you know.. I kept thinking of Kym and Robert on DWTS and how we watched them fall in love on the show, so it all works for me.

The sex was steamy and the banter fun.  Are you a fan of DWTS and a romance reader?  Read this book.  You'll have fun.