logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: contemporary-romance
Load new posts () and activity
show activity (+)
review 2017-03-22 21:34
Review: Sleigh Bells in the Snow by Sarah Morgan
Sleigh Bells in the Snow - Sarah Morgan

I'm giving this book zero stars because I hated each character featured in the story and the writing was amateurish even though the author has an expansive backlist. It was all telling (the chemistry between hero and heroine was mentioned about a thousand times) and no showing with a cast of characters straight out of British chick lit audition room. Add in the never ending snow storms and picturesque scenes of Vermont at Christmas time so sweet it will give you a toothache, and it ends up being a boring book about horrible characters. The only reason I read the whole thing rather than DNF is because it can be used to fill in a challenge prompt. I am not going to read anything else by this author.

review 2017-03-22 19:12
The Room Mate
The Room Mate (Roommates Book 1) - Kendall Ryan

Delightful and fun. Younger man with a slightly older woman that was done well.

Source: www.goodreads.com/review/show/1890662128?book_show_action=false&from_review_page=1
review 2017-03-22 18:46
House of Paine
House of Paine: A Bad Boy Romance Novel - Kylie Walker

This shot off and just never slowed down. Look, I didn't put it down until I finished. Great characters and great storyline. Read it, absorb it and enjoy it.

Source: www.goodreads.com/review/show/1542809261?book_show_action=false&from_review_page=1
review 2017-03-22 18:26
Scarred (Damaged Souls, #1)
Scarred (Damaged Souls Book 1) - Twyla Turner

Gritty and in your face with domestic violence issues and low self worth. The lead couple was a good pairing because it was so easy to imagine these characters (easy to imagine their interactions). Sloan is strong and solid male lead and Alexis is the perfect scared female lead. There are many good elements to this story but I just had a bit of trouble with the author's writing style. No matter what, the evolution of the scarred and scared heroine is communicated well. As well as the emotional scars that the hero carries.

Source: www.goodreads.com/review/show/1905774784?book_show_action=false&from_review_page=1
show activity (+)

Rating: Four
Review:

"Always" by Sarah Jio

My Thoughts...

What a interesting read that seemed to have blended the past and the present together into one good read about Kailey Crain, Cade McAllister, once the love of her life and now her fiancee, Ryan.
For ten years Cade had been missing but Kailey finds him by giving a meal outside a restaurant to the homeless person only to find out that was Cade who had disappeared. The story will go back and forth until Kailey decides to look for him and again finds him and with a friend helps get him into a program discovering he had traumatic head injuries. Now, will this present problems with her fiancee? There will be a lots of things going on in this story with Kailey that seems like a lots of dishonesty in how she really felt about Cade but did she tell Ryan how she really felt? Was she really being truthful with Ryan or keeping a secret? Was Kailey really in love with Ryan...her fiancee or her ex boyfriend...Cade? Well, to find out all the answers to these and many more questions you will have to pick "Always" and see how it comes out. Be prepared for a good love story with lots of 'twist and turns, mystery, forgiveness, turmoils, loss, and drug abuse' with a some predictability, but still a good read. This author did a good job at looking at the homeless and mentally ill who many find themselves on the streets. I will say that ending was a little strange but I know anything can happen as it will for Kailey as 'no one forgets their first love, good or bad' and especially second chance romances.