logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: contemporary-romance
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-01-22 23:19
Everything Unexpected by Caroline Nolan
Everything Unexpected - Caroline O'Nolan

๏ ๏ ๏ Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏

Adult Contemporary Romance
Friends to Lovers
The heroine has the same name as ME!
My second book by this Author

๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏

A few too many well-known and well-used tropes...namely the friends to lovers and oops I'm pregnant.  Despite that, the characters are cute and even relatable at times.  The writing is good and if you're in the mood for an easy-going and not overly wrought with emotion type of romantic read, this could be the perfect fit.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏

Theme or Tone⇝ 3.5/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 4/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 4/5
Originality⇝ 3.5/5
Ending⇝ 3.5/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Nah...
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝  It's kinda cute...
Setting⇝ Florida
Source⇝ Own Kindle eBook

๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.

review 2019-01-22 14:01
ARC REVIEW 1001 Dark Nights: Ashes to Ink by Carrie Ann Ryan

Ashes to Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs, #2.5)Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs #2.5, From the last book I kind of knew Ryan and Abby were meant for each other. This is a quick read novella but Carrie Ann Ryan still manages to pack all her emotional angsty stuff and her hotter than hell romance into such a little package. Abby whose past is an open book among their group of friends and  Ryan a new friend but already part of the family whose past isn't as easy to read.

Friends first Ryan and Abby start to show signs of a mutual attraction after Ryan rescues Abby and her daughter from a snowbank. Abby conflicted because her first love, Max, she lost before they could even get married. Ryan is pretty sure Abby is the woman for him but his past is standing in the way, especially when his past shows back up and threatens to ruin everything good Ryan has done for himself.

Overall, I loved this it was short and hot. Ryan and Abby burn up the sheets, their chemistry is outstanding. I especially liked the shy awkwardness between them when Ryan first asks her out it was sweet. Of course you have all the emotion that pours out of them confessing things they never told anyone else it grabs you and twist you up, yep Carrie Ann Ryan excels at that.

review 2019-01-17 13:59
ARC REVIEW One Night Gamble by Katherine Garbera
One Night Gamble (Joker's Wild, #1)Jokers Wild #1, Jokers Wild is a new Casino in Las Vegas it's owned by three friends who have been by each other's side since they were kids and they have in their each way made it big. Casey the gambler, Nicholas the magician, and Darien the dare devil; all three of them invested their money together to create a new experience for those coming to Vegas. Talia has spent the last seven years of her life cleaning up her father's mess, an inept gambler, if it wasn't for Talia her grandmother would have lost the house to a loan shark because he used it as collateral. Talia has sworn off gamblers she's concentrating on her job and taking care of her Gran.

Talia has the opportunity to get a really good job managing the social media for the new Jokers Wild casino if she gets this no more working two jobs. Casey isn't looking for anything more than a good time but a chance encounter with a woman not once but three times in one day has him thinking differently. One wild and hot night was all it was supposed to be until the next day when they realize Casey is Talia's new boss.

Talia and Casey's sexual attraction is very strong the chemistry is there, but Talia focus so much on the fact that Casey is a gambler and that is basically the epitome of everything she hates that as the reader I had a hard time seeing anything else in the way of Casey's redeeming qualities besides the sexual attraction. Whereas Casey loved everything about Talia you could tell even when she was being obstinate he still loved her and he was trying very hard to get her to see a future for them. Told in the third person POV you get a omniscient view of both sides of their story.

Overall, it was a very smokin' hot story. I enjoyed the characters and their story and I look forward to Nick and Darien's books.

review 2019-01-16 14:44
ARC REVIEW Cowboy Braver by Carolyn Brown

Cowboy BraveLonghorn Canyon #3, Yay this isn't the last one! Longhorn Canyon Ranch is a working ranch that in the summer takes on some city kids on the verge of being troublemakers and teaches them about ranching and other stuff. We've already seen the oldest of the Maguire brother's find true love and their best friend/foreman find true love, Justin wasn't looking he didn't even think he was ready to settle down but the moment he set eyes on Emily Baker everything changed.

Emily is the events coordinator at a retirement community and one group she deals with heard about the Longhorn Canyon Ranch and their work with kids and asked Emily if she could arrange a special trip for them to the ranch. By all appearances Emily is a city girl but there is more to her than meets the eye. The attraction between them is instant but Emily is determined not to fall for a cowboy. Justin has never felt this way about anyone and he's determined to show Emily he means it. Aside from Emily's family that she hasn't told him about another obstacle is Justin's mother who took an instant dislike toward Emily automatically assuming she's a golddigger.

Overall, this was another really good read from Carolyn Brown. I loved Emily and Justin and all the hyjinks that the Fab Five get into are hysterical. Even though Justin's mom kind of plays the part of the bad guy in this book Emily really is her own worst enemy. The Bonus Book Second Chance Cowboy by A.J. Pine is a book I have previously read it's the first book of the of Crossroads Ranch series and is really good. So as a two for one deal this one is really good one both books are entertaining and fantastic reads.

review 2019-01-13 21:16
Book #2 in the Dreamcatcher Series
Sugar & Gold - Emma Scott

๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏

Series can be read out of order

Adult Contemporary Romance

Sexually Explicit Scenes (possibly a few too many)

Splash of Supernatural Elements

One of my Favorite Authors

With Audiobook Narration Performed by Caitlin Kelly & Joe Arden

๏ ๏ ๏  My Review ๏ ๏ ๏

While not one of my favorite Emma Scott books, it still is one that I thoroughly enjoyed.  She has a way of making a story come to life with purpose, and her characters are always so genuine.  The supernatural elements of this were portrayed with that same genuineness, making them feel possible in real life.

I probably should have read this over listening, though, because sadly, the narration just didn't do it for me. Joe Arden didn't feel like the right fit for the Nikolaus...I think he made him sound older than he was supposed to be.  For Fiona, I believe Caitlin Kelley was the right fit, I just didn't like her male voices, way too gruff and fake-ish.  This is why I can't stress enough the importance of picking the right narrators for a story, and making sure they not only pronounce the names and places right but also give the characters the right modulation in the way you envisioned them to be.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏

Theme or Tone⇝ 4/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 3.8/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 4.5/5
Originality⇝ 4/5
Ending⇝ 3.7/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Nope.
Book Cover⇝  It's okay...ish
Setting⇝ Savannah
Source⇝ Audiobook (Scribd)

๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏

Kindle eBook | Audiobook

Add to Goodreads | Add to Booklikes

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.