logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: contemporary
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-10-22 03:21
Night Moves - Julie Kenner

It's hard to get really involved in the ROMANCE when you're irritated, annoyed, and disgusted by the characters.

Heroine - you cheated. You know you did. You even realized it after the fact. You're also dumber than a box of hammers to have ever let your best buddy talk you into posing nude for him in the first place, let alone masturbating for him.

Hero - you are a first class jackass. You set out to seduce her and hopefully break her and her boyfriend up because YOU didn't want to be a third wheel.

Authors in general - stop making the poor cuckolded bastard to be dull, boring, and apparently oblivious to the h's neighbor, best heterosexual friend, etc. Just once I'd like to see the ass the h cheated with come away with a black eye and a few broken ribs.

Also, the idea of studying erotica as a college course seems sketchy at best.

review 2017-10-21 14:46
Last Words
Last Words: A Diary of Survival - Shari J Ryan Emma's grandmother, Amelia is the rock of her family. That is, until the day Amelia suffers a stroke. At this point, Emma's life is forced to come into focus. Amelia suddenly wants Emma to find her old diary, one she wrote during the Holocaust, and a man named Charlie. Oh, and Amelia has also conned her cardiologist, Jackson into taking Emma on a date. When Emma finds her grandmother's diary, she is launched into a world of secrets from Amelia's life and horrors that she could not believe. In addition, Emma also reads about love found within the concentration camp. Amelia and Nazi Soldier, Charlie Crane find one another during the worst of times. Charlie, though a Nazi, has simply been forced to serve since a youth. In reading Amelia's story of survival and love, Emma comes to realize what she has been missing and dives into her new relationship with Jackson. However, she is now in a race against time to find the Charlie from her grandmother's past as Amelia's health worsens. I have always loved historical fiction and I'm so glad Shari took on such a heavy topic. Inspired by her own grandmother, Shari has weaved together a story of past and present, survival and loss and heartbreak and love. I was pulled into Amelia's story with her strength and tenacity throughout the pain, hardship, loss and desperation of being separated from her family and watching those around her continuously die while she lived with help and hope from Charlie. With alternating viewpoints of Amelia's diary and Emma's blossoming love life, I was given a reprieve from the Holocaust and given a taste of Shari's specialty with Emma and Jackson, a sweet and sultry romance. Through reading Amelia's diary together, Emma and Jackson are brought together quickly, realizing that love is something that you should hold on to. With just enough hints of spice, their relationship heats up quickly. I was also engrossed by the mystery of Charlie; was he alive, had he moved on, would Emma find him on time? I was glad for Amelia's happily ever after, although it came seventy-four years late. Most of all this story this story is about remembering those who fought to survive and the power of love when we have lost all else. This is also a way to remember those who have survived this hateful time in history and to make sure we have all of their last words recorded so that we will never forget. This book was received for free in return for an honest review
review 2017-10-21 04:15
Slowly
Pillowtalk - Cassie Mae

Kennedy has been through tragedy.  On the other side, she goes to her late boyfriends hometown to fulfill his wishes.  She finds a very yummy guy who is the first to turn her on in a long time.

Aaron finds Kennedy attractive right from the start.  She is in a fragile place, so he is not sure if getting to know her more is a wise idea.  He just cannot let go of how he feels.

These characters have such a vibe right from the start.  The banter is so much fun.  The sexy moments and the heat.... well let's just say it is a nice slow burn.  I found this book to be just a bit slower than I expected, but a fine read all on its own.  I give this a 3/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This copy was given by Netgalley and its publishers, in exchange for an honest review.

review 2017-10-21 04:04
Honest
Two for the Show - Megan Derr

This is book # 4 in the Lovesongs series also known as The Missing Butterfly Series.  This book can be read as a standalone novel.  Be aware that it may contain spoilers.  For reader enjoyment and understanding, I recommend reading in order.

Nikko has a family crisis he must see to.  He was told by his lawyer to create a scandal so the paparazzi won't find out the personal.  Nikko gets his chance with a kiss to what he believes is a man beyond his reach.

Jake is shocked but pleased to be the quarry of a man such as Nikko.  Then to find out it is only pretend.... well he might as well go along.  Why waste the chance with a man he is seriously attracted to?

This story just grabbed me from the get go.  Emotional, sexy, and the heat!  Oh this story has more than enough to keep you turning the pages.  I loved the banter between the characters.  The recurring ones from past books add the perfect snark.  I give this book a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review from Netgalley and its publishers.

review 2017-10-21 00:36
Another visit to Oceanside
One More Chance: A Second-Chance Gay Romance (Boys of Oceanside Book 3) - Rachel Kane

This is the third book in the Oceanside series. This book deals with a new couple but Nat and Owen from book one appear in this one on several occasions.

I really like Cave and Jojo, but I found it really difficult to warm to Ransom. In fact he seriously pissed me off a lot of the time. He was often self-centred and seemed to care more about his career than Cave once he was no longer in the same room as him.

This is why I rarely read established pop star stories. These people are in a position to have a positive impact on getting acceptance for the lgbtq community but instead choose to hide behind lies and deceit. I'm not saying every lgbtq artist has to come out to the public but there is a big difference between keeping your sexuality private and purposely weaving a web of lies that ultimately implies that being lgbtq is something to be ashamed of. And this is what made me so mad at Ransom.

However the story is well written, the baby is adorable (as is the manny) and Ransom does finally get his head out of his arse for long enough to give us a happy ending. Plus your opinion of Ransom may differ from mine, you may think he's a tortured soul, trapped in an impossible situation *mutters unfavourable things under my breath* Anyway, not always liking a character isn't a deal breaker, hence the four star review.