logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: cowboy
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-04-23 10:00
Release Day Review! The Coyote’s Cowboy (Masters of Maria #5) Holley Trent!
The Coyote's Cowboy - Holley Trent

Those sexy shapeshifters are once again on the prowl in Maria, New Mexico, in this tender romance that explores the soft side of being accepted—and loved.

Sheena Esposito has never rocked the boat in her father’s repressive Coyote pack, but when she learns of his intentions to further antagonize a rival alpha, she can’t stay quiet. She must warn the good guys that trouble is headed their way.

When her search lands her outside Maria, New Mexico, a surly ranch hand pegs her as an annoying stray dog. Desperate to keep his new job, cowboy Austin Stuart plans to get rid of the distraction. Yet, according to his little brother, the dog is really a human, and she’s on the run. Could this get more ridiculous? But he soon finds out shapeshifters are very real…and all signs point to Austin being Sheena’s mate.

After a lifetime spent recovering from one embarrassing social gaffe after another, Austin is open to trading his solitude for a chance at having a partner who’s kind about his rough edges—and no one’s sweeter than Sheena. Unfortunately, Sheena is still under her abusive father’s thumb, and she knows he’s waiting for her back in Sacramento.

It’s up to Austin to convince her that the bravest thing she can do is stay in Maria—not only for him, but so she can incite lasting change in Coyote culture as well.

Sensuality Level: Sensual

I have just returned from an exciting visit to the Town of Maria where I met two strong and captivating characters. Sheen and Austin held me hostage with their sweet romance as they traversed some rocky slopes, emotional turmoil and dealt with an overbearing and dare I say…evil, alpha / father all while taking pleasure in some red hot passion when their sizzling attraction could not be denied. I felt like I really got to know Sheena, Austin and the people of Maria as Holley Trent brought her wonderful characters to vivid life which made my visit such an exciting event because I felt like I was a part of the action as Sheena fought for her freedom and for her right to choose. Although this trip was a bit short, my visit to Maria was fast paced but full of anticipation and excitement and I can’t wait for my next which will take place in July.

The Coyote’s Cowboy is the 5th book in the Masters of Maria series.

The 6th book - The Coyote’s Bride is due to be released on July 23, 2018.

The Coyote’s Cowboy is available in ebook at:

Amazon - US   CA   UK   AU

B&N   GPlay   iBooks   Kobo

Holley Trent can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   Facebook   Twitter   BookBub   Instagram

review 2018-04-09 10:00
Review! A Real Cowboy Never Says No (Wyoming Rebels #1) Stephanie Rowe!
A Real Cowboy Never Says No (Wyoming Rebels) - Stephanie Rowe

New York Times bestselling author Stephanie Rowe delivers a brand new series set in Rogue Valley, Wyoming, home to the Stockton brothers, a clan of fiercely loyal and honorable men, and the women who touch the hearts of these rugged, loner cowboys.

The only reason rancher Chase Stockton and his brothers survived their brutal childhood was because they protected each other. Nothing will ever come between them…until a sudden tragedy calls in a life debt Chase can't ignore, forcing him to make a choice that could destroy the very bonds that hold his family together.

Mira Cabot has never asked for help, but when a sexy, protective cowboy makes her an offer she can't afford to refuse, she finds herself on her way to Wyoming to be the shotgun bride of a man she has every reason…and no reason…to trust.

The sizzling connection between Mira and Chase turns a rescue mission into something dangerously addictive, one that could either heal two broken hearts, or shatter them forever.

This cowboy romance tugs at the heart strings and makes me want to go out and find a real cowboy to love!

Mira and Chase are strong, captivating and are easily related to as they draw readers into their story and refuse to let go until they own every last bit of the reader’s heart. The romance is rocky with lots of heart felt emotional turmoil that adds depth and has readers empathizing with this captivating couple. The story also introduces the Stockton brothers who also grab reader’s attention and captivate their hearts due to their heart breaking past and ensures that the readers will want to know their stories as well.

Stephanie Rowe brings her heart capturing world to life with well written words that paints vivid imagery and her wonderful characters life like and I was completely captivated from the very beginning and found her cowboys to be sexy and loveable, so I will definitely be visiting with the Wyoming Rebels again.

A Real Cowboy Never Says No is the 1st book in the Wyoming Rebels series.

Books 2-6 is available now.

A Real Cowboy Never Says No is available in print or ebook at
Amazon   B&N   GPlay   iBooks   Kobo

Stephanie Rowe can be found at:

Website   Goodreads   BookBub    Facebook   Twitter   Pintrest   Instagram

Paperback
352
Bought

Three former Navy SEALs
Injured in the line of duty
Desperate for a new beginning...
Searching for a place to call their own.

Alex Maguire never thought he'd go home again. The perfect soldier, the perfect leader, he's spent his whole life running away from Blue Valley, Montana―but when a tragic accident bounces him and two of his men out of the SEALs, there's nowhere left to turn but the ranch he used to call his own...and the confusing, innocently beguiling woman who now lives there.

Becca Denton's like nothing he could have imagined. She's far too tempting for her own good, but when she offers to help turn the ranch into a haven for injured veterans, he can't exactly say no. He'll just need to keep his distance. But something in her big green eyes makes Alex want to set aside the mantle of the perfect soldier and discover the man he could have been...safe and whole within the shelter of her arms.

The Prodigal SEAL has come home.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Cowboy SEAL Homecoming is a sweet and adorable romance.

I picked this one up; because of a teaser Anna @ Herding Cats & Burning Soup shared. It’s the first night/morning the guys are at the ranch and that morning a goat gets in the house. That scene was so funny. I had to just smile and laugh. It reminded me of farm life. I didn’t have any goats, but I sure did have several other farm animals. You can check out her review and see the teaser; here. Their was also another goat scene that made me smile as well. Goats, they are just too funny!

Becca reminded me a lot of myself. She has been sheltered her whole life; because she was a very sick child and her mother worried, so as a result she’s made animal friends on the farm. I wasn’t sheltered, but I didn’t have many friends and preferred to spend my time outside with my animals then with people. I had a great time watching Becca come out of her shell and stand up for herself and her needs and wants. I like that she wants to open an equine therapy ranch for wounded veterans and her stepbrother is all in to help, now that he is out of the service.

Alex returns home after pretty much running away from home. The ranch and town hold difficult memories for him. Coming home he is forced to face his situation and all those memories in the past. My heart went out to him. I would have liked to see more time spent on Alex getting help and dealing with his issues.

Becca and Alex are step-siblings, but they didn’t grow up together and barely have any type of a relationship, so the romance; between them didn’t raise any issues that I usually would have with this type of a set up. Their romance isn’t steamy, it’s a slow and sweet build. I think anything more wouldn’t have been believable; especially with how sheltered Becca was and the issues Alex has.

I had a delightful time with a Cowboy SEAL Homecoming. It had some wonderful touching moments and showcased life’s struggles and overcoming them.

Rated: 3 Stars

Challenge(s) (2018): Try Something New (Author/Series)

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2018/03/review-cowboy-seal-homecoming-navy-seal-cowboys-1-by-nicole-helm
review 2018-03-15 16:24
The Cowboy - Jayne Ann Krentz

This is the sort of theme I have a hard time getting behind.

The H - corporate shark - spotted, pursued and appeared to snag the attentions of the h - employee of another corporate shark and competition. Besides marginalizing the h, he didn't tell her he was the competition until after she'd talked about work, etc...for 2 months. She did what any person with integrity would do - went to her employer and told him everything. Cost the H the deal. He went off on her and left.

Apparently he expected her to come crawling to him on hands and knees.

So now, he and her father have manipulated her into coming to his ranch where he intends to win her back, although he gives the impression that it's less a winning her over than a railroading.

In the meantime, his PA, unhappy that he's seemingly lost his edge over the h, is selling him out..and trying to frame the h.

Yeah I don't know. The feeling of being used would be a hard one to ever get past, no matter how much he assured me otherwise. Perhaps if there wasn't the lie by omission (failure to disclose that he's in competition with her boss), or his blowing up on her for her doing the right thing...

review 2018-03-09 14:44
A Cowboy's Fate By: Gini Rifkin
A Cowboy's Fate - Gini Rifkin

A Cowboy's Fate is a short read or in my case listen. I listened the the Audiobook. Gini Rifkin packed a lot in this short 3 hours audiobook. It s the tale of Britania Rule and Cody James. There are a couple of sex scenes and a few curse words. A few places the book felt a little rushed btu was still a good read.

Britania was basically kicked out of England when she read tarot cards for a man she met. Not knowing it was a Royal family member. She went to the police with the information she learned for the reading. This offended the Royal family and she was given options. She does a taort card reading for herelf and basically the cards tell her to go to America and she does. When Britania arrives she has changed her whole persona. She is playing off being a high borne lady. She heads to Leadville Colorado to open her own parlor of spiritual enlightenment.

Britana hires Cody to be her guide along the way.  Britania does a tarot card reading for Cody which says he will fall in love. There is instant sparks between the 2 of them. They choose to ignore those sparks, but the cards have spoken.

Once they arrive in Leadville Cody's past comes back to haunt him. They both have to survive the skeleton in the closet now.

The audiobook was narrated by Richard L. Walton. I really enjoyed his gravely with a hint of a lisp voice. I could listen to him all day. He done an amazing job with the voices for the characters as well as adding emotion to each sentence.

I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left this review.