logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: crime
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-10-22 13:49

Review: “Ice Cream and Incidents” (Peridale Cafe Mystery, #13) by Agatha Frost
Ice Cream and Incidents - Agatha Frost

~ 3 stars ~

review 2018-10-20 16:44
Review: “Blueberry Muffins and Misfortune” (Peridale Cafe Mystery, #12) by Agatha Frost
Blueberry Muffins and Misfortune - Agatha Frost

~ 3 stars ~

review 2018-10-18 10:53
I love Bishan!
Dead in the Pond - Dahlia Donovan
This is book two in the Grasmere Cottage Mystery Trilogy, and you MUST read book one, Dead In The Garden, before you read this one. They are NOT stand alones and they follow on. Bishan, now out of jail, and Valor still have no idea who is killing, and why Bish and Valor have been singled out. Then another body is discovered, and Valor's worst nightmare comes true. Bish tries, he really does, but he just wants things to go back to the way they were, before. Bishan has his say here, and just Bishan. He is Autistic, and his minds does go off at tangents all over the place, and he does take some following. But I'm so bloody glad he gets his voice here!! The guys are trying to piece together who might be doing this, and getting nowhere. Neither are the police. Things seem to calm down, then Bish and Valor are in a car accident that appears to be anything but. Didn't expect that particular person to stoop quite so low, but when HE turns up dead, and Valor is faced with having to deal with the family who disowned him so long ago. Bish struggles with that, but knows it's gotta be done. Bish's mind wanders all over the place, but always seems to come back to the point at hand, he just goes the long way round. You have to concentrate, pat attention and keep up! For ME?? That's a really good thing! Being a speed reader at the best of times, if I've gotta slow down, it's the sign of a great book. There is almost two plot lines going on here: the murders, and whatever is happening with Valor's family and just WHY they are so desperate to bring him back to London, away from Bish. But Valor won't go, not without Bishan. He LOVES Bishan, I loved the scene where they decide to definitely NOT get married! The love these two have for each other comes across every time Valor reaches for Bish and is rewarded with their joined hands, every time Bish makes tea for Valor, in every single thing they do for each other. I fell in love with Bishan here, and his mum! I'm still none the wiser as to whodunnit or why, but it's great that I'm being kept on my toes! OH!!! Massive cliffhanger here! There was one for book one, but here's is far bigger! Since Bishan has such an interesting voice 5 full stars **same worded review will appear elsewhere**