Image source: cyberatma
The cybersecurity industry and all of the threats and dangers that exist within it are all too real. That’s one reason why cybersecurity books make for some pretty interesting reading both in terms of academics and entertainment.
That’s because the best cybersecurity books are those that are written to inform as well as entertain. They hijack your attention as readily as a cyberattack and don’t let you go until you reach the back cover.
Good cybersecurity books share insights gained from real-world situations and examples that we can learn from as professionals. It’s the great ones that teach us what to look out for so that we’re prepared to prevent ourselves from falling prey to cybercriminals.
But what are considered the “best cybersecurity books” and why? This two-part question led me to reach out to seven IT and cybersecurity experts within the industry to inquire about their favorite books on cybersecurity and create a list of the “best cybersecurity books.” Wondering which titles made their lists?
1. The Social Engineer’s Playbook: A Practical Guide to Pretexting
2. Hacking Exposed 7
3. Information Assurance Handbook: Effective Computer Security and Risk Management Strategies
4. Applied Network Security Monitoring: Collection, Detection, and Analysis
5. Security Metrics, A Beginner’s Guide
6. The Practice of Network Security Monitoring: Understanding Incident Detection and Response
7. Network Security Assessment: Know Your Network
8. Protecting Your Internet Identity: Are You Naked Online
9. Crafting the InfoSec Playbook
10. Cyber War: The Next Threat to National Security and What to