logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: designer
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-08-21 21:49
Sultry
Not My Romeo - Ilsa Madden-Mills

Elena is not sure what to do when meeting her blind date on Valentine's Day.  He is sitting alone in a corner, and he is hotter than she had anticipated.  If she does not go through with it, however, her family will only make her more miserable.

Jack is sick of everyone talking about him.  Life has already been hard up to this point.  Making eyes at a sexy librarian for one dinner won't hurt.  Then when he gets to know her, will he be able to let her go?

This was such a sexy look into such a wasted holiday. I found myself laughing, crying, and unable to put the story down.  Such a sultry atmosphere with the sparks so loud between the main characters I almost didn't hear what they said!  Really good read.  Cannot wait for the next installment of The Game Changers series.  I give this book a 4/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given by Netgalley and its publishers in exchange for an honest review only.

show activity (+)
review 2020-05-17 23:33
Sweat and Soap (manga, vol. 2) by Kintetsu Yamada, translated by Matt Treyvaud
Sweat and Soap, Vol. 2 - Kintetsu Yamada,Matt Treyvaud

Asako finds herself having to talk to Natori's assistant, Korisu Ichise, who she's worried might have a crush on Natori. Then Natori and Asako go on a company trip, where hiding their relationship becomes a little more difficult than expected. After that, Asako visits her family and ends up inviting Natori to the restaurant her brother Keita works at. Natori is aware of how close Asako is to Keita and wants to make a good impression. Meanwhile, Keita is convinced that Natori must secretly be a sleazebag who's playing his sister.

I still really like Yamada's art style, and Asako and Natori are a cute couple whose romance I'm enjoying, even if aspects of it are a bit weird. Still, this volume wasn't quite as good as the first one.

In the first volume, Asako's body odor insecurities were extremely intense. She'd use her work breaks to reapply deodorant and would stay quiet and still in order to avoid sweating. The fact that Natori liked the way she smelled and actually enjoyed it if she sweated a bit was embarrassing and surprising to her.

In this volume, it felt like the author scaled Asako's body odor insecurities way back, more than really made sense. Yes, Asako's self-esteem was gradually improving, but Asako had been dealing with these issues since childhood. She'd only been dating Natori for a couple months - it was hard to believe that she'd be able to go on a company trip without her body odor worries being much of an issue. I had thought she'd fret over the toiletries she needed to bring, whether anyone would notice all the stuff she'd packed, whether she'd be able to find time to reapply deodorant, etc., but from the sounds of things she might not have even brought any of her soaps and things from home - there was a part where Natori noted that she smelled like a soap that wasn't one of the ones he'd created.

I'm also not sure I liked the way Asako's jealousy over Korisu was handled. After their talk about the missed text message at the end of the first volume, I expected better from these characters than

Natori deciding that he couldn't continue treating Korisu, who he'd known for three years and viewed like a little sister, so familiarly.

(spoiler show)

On the plus side, at least it was his own decision and not something Asako asked him to do.

The second half of the volume, featuring Asako's family, was great. I loved how close they all were, and I'm really looking forward to Natori eventually getting to meet the whole family. This time around, Natori just got to meet Asako's brother, who'd been protective of her since back when they were kids and she was being bullied. Dinner at the Italian restaurant Keita works at turned into a mini battle as Natori tried to make a good impression while Keita turned everything from their introduction to the menu into a test of Natori's character. Asako, meanwhile, was completely oblivious and thought they were getting along just fine.

I definitely plan to continue this series, even though this particular volume wasn't quite as enjoyable for me as the first one. Asako and Natori have been a pretty sweet and supportive couple so far, and it's nice to read a romance manga starring adults, relatively low-drama ones at that.

Extras:

• Character profiles for Asako, Natori, Korisu, and Keita
  • A 2-page manga-style afterword by the author
  • A one-page comic continuing the scene on the cover
  • A profile page for Jin Okura, Asako's boss
  • Two pages of translator's notes
  • A "normal soup peperoncino" recipe

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.)

show activity (+)
review 2020-02-25 23:09
Overruled
The Two-Date Rule - Tawna Fenske

Willa meets the hunk of a lifetime while her friends are enjoying strippers.  She assumes he is one of them.  Instead he has a solid job, and a sexy body, and moves she has never before seen.

Grady cannot believe he bargained a date with the most beautiful woman he has ever seen over a trip to the bathroom for three women.  He only knows he cannot wait to see her again.  He is rethinking all of his own ideas about dating after meeting Willa.

Such a sexy and fun story!  Just what I have come to enjoy from this author.  These characters made me laugh.  That is always welcome in a romance book.  I found this one had a lot of surprises and the best one you must read this book for.  I give this read a 5/5 Kitty's Paws UP!

***This early copy was given by Netgalley and its publishers in exchange for an honest review.

review SPOILER ALERT! 2019-12-19 07:30
Marvelous Bed Sheets with Mix & Match Concept

Bed sheets online shopping from swayam online collection not only helps you save money but also saves your valuable time. These bed sheets are extremely beautiful in look and contribute to enhancing the overall look of your living space. All these bedding sets have been made using premium pure cotton in order to offer you best of comfort.

If you are willing to give an outstanding transformation to your living space, nothing can be better option than these versatile sheets that are available in various designs. They have been attired with charming color combination to give a flavorful change to your home interiors. Even a humdrum space looks stunning with the presence of décor products having beautiful concept.
From magical linea to sonata collection, there are various kinds of eye catching bedding that have been perfectly designed to beautify modern Indian homes. Shrinking and color fading concern is not going to trouble you as they are of superior quality. The best thing about these bed sheets is they thoroughly maintain hygiene in the space and lead to a healthy lifestyle.

With its  and modern design, they add youthful spirit to your home
interiors. Such highly impactful décor accessories would give magnificent makeover to any living room. They have been designed in a delicious manner to fill comfort and style in your lives.

These multi-purpose covers are a great way to get rid of discomfort in changing climate. They have been brilliantly designed as per latest trends in accordance to the taste of modern India. Graced with gorgeous design and eye catching themes, they will enhance the aesthetic appeal of any given space.

You don’t have to worry about quality and durability of these bed sheets as they are pre tested. These linen sets come with matching pillow covers that add great boost to your overall home décor. You may shop for the complete set in any design and color to complete the look of your bed room.

Source: www.swayamindia.com/shades-of-paradise/chocolate-baroque-bed-sheet.html
review 2019-11-22 12:22
Chandigarh Tattoo Parlour
Best Tattoo Maker In Chandigarh
Best Tattoo Artist In Chandigarh

Here the team of tattoo makers is experiencing and has won many awards in tattoo making The customers are always happy with the work of the Youngistaan tattoo and frequently visit our studio for enhancement. We as part of the Youngistaan Tattoos are here to give our best. The customers are always happy with the work of the Youngistaan tattoo and frequently visit our studio for enhancement. We as part of the Youngistaan tattoo are here to give our best. It is one of the Best  Chandigarh Tattoo Parlour.

Source: youngistaantattoos.com