logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: door-3
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-02-05 17:19
A True Story – The Vampire Next Door by J T Hunter #JTHunter @partnersincr1me
The Vampire Next Door: The True Story of the Vampire Rapist - Rj Parker,Hartwell Editing,JT Hunter

The Vampire Next Door

The True Story of the Vampire Rapist

by JT Hunter

on Tour February 1-29, 2020

The Vampire Next Door is my second book by J T Hunter. I love reading true crime. Of course, a lot of time, the fiction I read seems all too real. So come on in and enjoy the tour.

The Vampire Next Door: True Story of the Vampire Rapist and Serial Killer

There are two covers for the book, one on Goodreads (above) and one on Amazon (below). Which do you like best?

Amazon / Goodreads

MY REVIEW

I love the way The Vampire Next Door by J T Hunter was written. The story flows smoothly, drawing me in to the twisted story of John Crutchley.

Factual accounting, but J T Hunter writes with a flair, bringing to life the depraved and gruesome action John Crutchley, a serial killer,walks on a super dark side, not content with just killiing, but rapes and tortures for fun. It’s so hard to understand how someone can do these terrible thing, but I am fascinated trying to figure out what makes them tick.

One victim survives to give details that may never have been known otherwise.

He had a terrible upbringing, but I make no excuses for him. We all make choices, and he made some depraved ones. He is brilliant, a genius IQ, equivalent to Bill Gates, but socially and romantically inept. Some of the jobs he held are amazing, working for NASA, the pentagon, and other top secret clearance companies.

He is vicious. Delights in seeing terror and suffering in his victims. He was a thief and, even with a top secret clearance, he dealt drugs, because he could. He loved the thrill of getting away with it. Definitely shows his personality.

J T Hunter’s research includes letters written by him, interviews, police reports, etc. He is a Ted Bundy type of serial killer, coming across as the harmless guy net door, with a psychopathic ability to fake caring and able to manipulate others to do his bidding. Watch out when the dark comes to light. No conscience. No qualms about lying to achieve his ends.

Makes me sick, lying and whining, trying to invoke sympathy. Why does a serial killer think he deserves any mercy? It’s novels like this that leave me feeling angry, enraged, disgusted and totally pissed off…not only at the pathetic excuse for a human being, but the justice system and law enforcement.

I take some solace in the advancements that have been made in forensic science and investigation techniques, treating rape as the felonious violent crime it is and the changing of laws, where hopefully the punishment fits the crime.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of The Vampire Next Door by J T Hunter.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos4 Stars

ENTER THE GIVEAWAY HERE

MY J T HUNTER REVIEWS

A Monster Of All Time

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • I am an Amazon affiliate/product images are linked.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/the-vampire-next-door-j-t-hunter
review 2019-12-01 13:27
24 Festive Tasks: Door 13 - Advent: Book
Still Life - Louise Penny

Turns out I already read my book for this square!

On a related note, color me somewhat less impressed than I expected to be -- this is yet another insanely popular series that, as it turns out, I won't be rushing to continue.  There's some really good and insightful writing in the later parts of the book, but the beginning is dominated by cliché and long too-cutesy-to-be-true passages strongly reminiscent of the worst of cozy mystery writing, and equally as importantly, with the exception of Gamache himself (and one or two of the villagers), I found few characters I really cared about ... or could even be bothered to like and root for.

(Task: Read a pastiche, a book authorized by a deceased author’s estate, the 4th book in a series, a book with the word “four” in the title, a book featuring four siblings, or a book with a wreath, pines or fir trees on the cover.)

review 2019-11-25 20:05
24 Festive Tasks: Door 8 - International Children's Day: Book
An English Murder - Cyril Hare

OK, so I thought about this for a while, because it's admittedly a borderline case, but I've ultimately decided to use Cyril Hare's An English Murder, which I recently finished, as my book for International Children's Day: Although the kid concerned doesn't actually make a personal appearance, there is no question that a child "plays a significant role" in the plot within the meaning of the book task for this square.  To say anything more would constitute a huge spoiler (probably even so much as using the book for this square at all already constitutes one), and I'm definitely open to comment by those who've read this book as well ... but this kid's role is unquestionably among the most significant I can think of, behind the scenes or not.

(Task: Read a children’s or YA book or a book where children or teenagers play a significant role, or written by an author who was under the age of 18 at the time of publication.)

review 2019-11-09 15:05
"At Death's Door", by John W. Mefford
AT Death's Door - John W. Mefford
Redemption Thriller #23

Alex Trout Thriller #11

Alex and Ozzie always have been the biggest magnets for danger even on a Hawaiian vacation they manage to find themselves in the middle of a deadly encounter with the Yakuza. The theme of this installment is kidnapping, corruption and murder. Who else but our two best protagonists could save the day.

Talk about a nail-biting and edge of your seat suspense. Most of the book holds the excitement as we follow these two discovering that not all who appeared friendly can be trusted….seems even the authority can be corrupted. This story has many twists and turns and trying to figure out who are the good guys and who are the bad guys has kept me guessing till the very end. This is a roller-coaster ride from start to finish.

What a master storyteller, Mr. Mefford knows how to draw you into his story line and never letting you go. He does an outstanding job of making you part of his protagonists’ world in a wild fast-paced way. So much going on: body parts washing up on shore, house blowing up, acquaintance being kidnapped, and fingers being chopped off…. Just a few macabre encounters….

To spice things up Brad Alex’s boyfriend shows up adding turmoil to a shaky relationship. More drama to absorb….and this is so well played out.

I love the story, I love the style, I love the characters but again I love a well thought out thrillers….Mr. Mefford delivers all of this. Well-done.

Mr. Mefford gives us hints that the Alex Trout series is coming to an end with the next installment. Although this will happen I am not worried. He has written sub-series in which characters from different book appear in other novels. Alex will still be active and there to captivate us….hopefully

review 2019-09-30 19:59
The Mark on the Door, Hardy Boys #13
The Mark on the Door (Hardy Boys, #13) - Franklin W. Dixon

13 Square: This is the thirteenth book in the series.

Take a long look at that cover, because that's one of the least offensive things about the text of this book.

The Hardy Boys have taken their beloved power boat out for a cruise when a dusky foreigner comes speeding out of the fog, hits them, and keeps going. Some quick action on the boys' part saves their lives and limits the damage done to the boat, but such actions are hardly those of a gentleman.

Determined to get satisfaction, the boys inquire after the boat and discover that it was a rental and the man is unknown in town. Disappointed, the boys go where the action is in Bayport: the city courthouse, to see the ongoing trial of the company that had been selling fraudulent stock in Mexican oil.

The place is packed, of course, and the boys arrive in time to hear the case being delayed because a star witness has gone missing. They also see the dark foreign man! In tracking him, the boys discover his link with the fake oil stocks, his gifting of sickly hairless dogs, and his penchant for carving his sigil on doors. As a reward for their sleuthing, their father takes them along on the search for the missing witness and they end up in Mexico.

This was a difficult one to read. The book relies on the trope that the only good foreigner (Mexicans in Mexico are foreigners, fyi) is a rich one and the only good Native Americans are full-blooded strong and silent types. A lot of disdain is given to the "half-breeds" that live in hovels and caves.

The only reason this gets a full star at all is that after the boys are captured by a gang and mistreated by those cads and Frank and Joe's bluster is met with laughter. They ask their Indian guide what will happen to them out in this desert (where nobody knows where they are).

Die, probably.

Which, yes. Finally. Thank you, realism.

There was very little else to redeem this book. I imagine the 1960s rewrite scrapped the lot.

Hardy Boys

Next: 'The Hidden Harbor Mystery'

Previous: 'Footprints Under the Window'