logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: erin-watt
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-07-28 01:01
Like a sugar addiction
Paper Princess: A Novel (The Royals) - Erin Watt

Thank you to Hilda for the recommendation!

This is listed as YA and NA, which made me a little nervous along with our characters being in high school. LOL, is all I have to say to that.  Granted, I did not got to an uber rich school but this story and characters did not read like a YA, more NA. I constantly had to keep reminding myself that they weren't even in college yet, I think they read like 26ish or so.

Very angst-y (she strips to pay her mother's doctor bills at age 15), very sexy times (heavy petting all over the place), and very drama (suicide mother, secret parking lot fighting, surprise inheritance, I want you but can't have you). Basically, this was soap opera cracktastic drama that I inhaled. When it was all over, a cliffhanger!, had me running to get the second in the series but giving some time and distance, I feel a little empty from it but it did entertain while I was in the moment.

Some soap opera, some Cruel Intentions, and some brewing under the surface mystery. Get yourself a bowl of popcorn and wine and give yourself over to the moment. Just be prepared for a cliffhanger.

review 2018-07-27 19:29
When It’s Real
When It's Real - Erin Watt

I Picked Up This Book Because: Random selection from Hoopla Digital

The Characters:

Vaughn Bennett: devoted sister, part-time waitress, the definition of "normal."
Oakley Ford: Teen celebrity, renowned pop star, child of famous movie stars, hottie with millions of fangirls… and restless troublemaker
Paisley, Ty, Big D, W

The Story:

Following a PR plot from his management company Oakley Ford agrees to date a “normal” girl that has been selected for him to rehab his image. Though Oakley and Vaughn get off to a very rocky start it was obvious they were going to end up together. Vaughn balances Oakley out. She helps him see life a bit differently. Yin and Yang and all that.

I greatly enjoyed listening to Vaughn and Oak fall in love. There is humor and heartache. There is pain and joy. I would love to read a follow up.

The Random Thoughts:

The Score Card:

4 Stars

review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-04-25 00:48
Erotic@ Authors Elle Kennedy and Jen Frederick write date rape
Paper Princess - Erin Watt,Elle Kennedy,Jen Frederick

TRIGGER FOR DATE RAPE VICTIMS
I hate when this happens. When everyone loves a book that I don't. I hate being minority. I signed up to goodreads to fangirl over books with other people, to like the five star reviews and ignore the haters.

description

I love when all my friends read the same book and love it as much as I did.

I hate to rate this book. A lot of my goodreads friends have LOVED IT! And I can see why. For the most part of the book I loved it, too. Then the twist happens and everyone still loves the book, but I don't. I'm left outside. So, yeah it sucks to be minority.

description

I hate giving bad ratings. I'd rather not finish a book than give a bad rating. However if in other occassions I prefer not to post a review or even a rating because
a) I don't want to waste more time than the book deserves
or

b)I can't pinpoint what I didn't like,

In this case I think I have to warn other readers who might have the same problem than I have. If you are warned, you might enjoy the book more than I did. In addition, I can tell when the book was ruined FOR ME. If you are warned of what you will find you might even give a 5 star rating, that I think the authors deserve because for the most part their book is not bad.

I think everyone will love this book way more than I do. People should give it a try. The authors have a way with words and for the majority of the book I THOUGHT THIS WAS FANTASTICLY compelling and AWESOME, I never considered not finishing it because the emotions, the characters, the journey were so good that I just couldn't put the book down. I would recommend this book to anyone who isn't a freak like me: A freak who has a high sensibility on hero having sexual activity of any kind with other women.

description

Why? Oh Why? Can't authors think of another way to create drama? Everything was going so well, then that twist. IIt ruins the sequels for me. I asked a refund from amazon and I'm not continuing with the series. Again that's me. I'm extremely sensitive to disloyal heroes
I wish there had been a warning for that twist. I hate hate hate hate when the authors write sexual content, date rape and disloyal heroes without a warning.

This is also a NA book marketed as YA. I'm okay with sex scenes, actually I get bored if a NA book doesn't have at least a bit of sexual tension and I prefer self-published authors because they cross the YA/NA boundaries more often than traditional published books. I just think the ethical thing to do is to warn the readers that there's sex in the book so people who like sex will buy it, and people who prefer "clean" reads stay away. Readers under 18 should stay clear from this book as it contains sexual content, language, date rape and dubious consent.

This book reminded me of Tijan's fallen crest series, except the twist I mentioned. I think that I wouldn't have hated the ending as much as I did if I haven't been so involved with Ella and Reed. If you don't mind  edgy content and you like Tiijan give this book a try. If you hate dark contet in books labeled as YA then this book might not be for you.

review 2018-01-02 16:41
Review: Twisted Palace (The Royals #3) by Erin Watt
Twisted Palace: A Novel (The Royals) - Erin Watt

From mortal enemies to unexpected allies, two teenagers try to protect everything that matters most.

Ella Harper has met every challenge that life has thrown her way. She’s tough, resilient, and willing to do whatever it takes to defend the people she loves, but the challenge of a long-lost father and a boyfriend whose life is on the line might be too much for even Ella to overcome.

Reed Royal has a quick temper and even faster fists. But his tendency to meet every obstacle with violence has finally caught up with him. If he wants to save himself and the girl he loves, he’ll need to rise above his tortured past and tarnished reputation.

No one believes Ella can survive the Royals. Everyone is sure Reed will destroy them all.

They may be right.

With everything and everyone conspiring to keep them apart, Ella and Reed must find a way to beat the law, save their families, and unravel all the secrets in their Twisted Palace.

Twisted Palace, the third and final book in Reed and Ella’s story. Again not much can be said without spoiling it so I will make it short again.

We were left hanging a with a huge cliffhanger and I was  happy that I already had book three. The wait would have killed me.

This book seemed a bit slower than the first two and a lot if things were not resolved until the end. But overall like the two previous books I enjoyed it a lot.

Papa Royal plays a bigger role in this book, which I enjoyed and I wish I could get more of him. Maybe someday he will get his HEA.  We don’t get as much of Easton, which I dint like as much, because, well he is Easton and my fav.

A ‘new’ person we found out about at the end of book two, is a lot in this book and I don’t think I was a fan at all. It all just sort if seemed off.

We get plenty of Ella and Reed, so that was a bonus. Plus more school drama which again I enjoyed way more than I should have.

Overall, while a bit slower I still enjoyed this book and thought it was a great conclusion to the books.

I’m looking forward to reading Easton’s books but think I wait until they all out again in case of cliffhangers.

I rate this book 4β˜… but the overall story was a 5β˜… and super addicting.

Snoopydoo sigi

review 2018-01-02 16:27
Review: Broken Prince (The Royals #2) by Erin Watt
Broken Prince: A Novel (The Royals) - Erin Watt

THESE ROYALS WILL RUIN YOU...

Reed Royal has it all—looks, status, money. The girls at his elite prep school line up to date him, the guys want to be him, but Reed never gave a damn about anyone but his family until Ella Harper walked into his life.

What started off as burning resentment and the need to make his father’s new ward suffer turned into something else entirely—keep Ella close. Keep Ella safe. But when one foolish mistake drives her out of Reed’s arms and brings chaos to the Royal household, Reed’s entire world begins to fall apart around him.

Ella doesn’t want him anymore. She says they’ll only destroy each other.

SHE MIGHT BE RIGHT.

There is not much I can say about this book without spoiling it or that has not been said yet. So I make it short

Unlike the first book we get dual view…… Reed and Ella which is great and gives us the chance to get to know Reed better and what drives him.

The books starts off with Reeds POV and right or even a few minutes before the last book left us hanging…… Much of the book we know what drives him … Ella and how to make u for the ending of last book.  We see how much the family really liked Emma and what an impact she made

Ella is making progress but sometimes she is just a bit annoying but then again I could see where she is coming from and understood her. Given her past.

I also liked Papa Royal a tiny bit more; we see that he is not as clueless as we might have thought. It always kind of bothered me that he seemed clueless.

Of course there us more drama in school and it wouldn’t be the same without it. We get plenty of Easton which was A OKAY t for me, since he is still my favorite Royal. We not getting much of the twins but that was okay. I always just saw them as an extension or so.

This book like that last ends with a cliffhanger and much bigger than the last. We get two things thrown at us that leave us hanging in the air. And they are both HUGE. One I had no idea and the other one I sort of saw coming and figured they could play that way. Either way a cruel way to let us hanging lol .

I rate this book 5 β˜…