logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: evertrue
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-10-06 13:36
Another series finished that has been languishing on TBR shelf...

~BOOK BLURB~

Brodi Ashton

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that Nikki has rescued Jack, all she wants is to be with him and graduate high school. But Cole tricked Nikki into feeding off him, and she’s begun the process of turning into an Everliving herself... which means she must feed on a Forfeit soon — or die.

Terrified for her survival, Nikki and Jack begin a desperate attempt to reverse the process using any means possible. Even Cole, who they expected to fight them at every turn, has become an unlikely ally — but how long can it last? Nikki needs to feed on Cole to survive, Cole needs Nikki to gain the throne in the Everneath, Jack needs Nikki because she is everything to him — and together, they must travel back to the Underworld to undo Nikki’s fate and make her mortal once more. But Cole isn’t the only one with plans for Nikki: the Queen has not forgotten Nikki’s treachery, and she wants her destroyed for good. Will Nikki be forced to spend eternity in the Underworld, or does she have what it takes to bring down the Everneath once and for all?

In this stunning conclusion to the Everneath trilogy, Brodi Ashton evokes the resiliency of the human spirit and the indomitable power of true love

~MY QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't know if I was ever going to read/listen to this final book.  But, hey Halloween Bingo gave me the push to finally get this series off my tbr.  I was initially drawn in by the beautiful covers this series has…especially the first one.  While not my favorite Young Adult series, which is most likely due to the fact that this is more Y(oung) and less A(dult), I still found it moderately good.  Other readers have found this ending to the series unsatisfactory, but I thought it ended just the way it should have.  Plus…Amy Rubinate's voice is always a pleasant voice to listen too.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Backdrop (World Building)~ 4/5

Originality~ 3/5

Ending~ 4/5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Book Cover~ Quite striking…not as much as the first one, though.

Narration~☆4.5☆ for Amy Rubinate

Series~ Everneath #3

Setting~ Park City, UT & The Everneath

Source~ Audiobook (Library)

I used this for Supernatural Square in Halloween Bingo 2018

review 2015-06-04 16:31
Evertrue
Evertrue - Brodi Ashton This is not the ending that I either expected or wanted.
image
So going into this we already knew that Nikki and Jack were all about destroying the Enerneath. Which, personally, I think was stupid, but anyway.
Be warned: This review is one big long spoiler.
So, they accomplished it. They destroyed the Everneath. I hate it. Why? That's so predictable. I hate when MCs do exactly what they set out to do in the way they planned. Exactly. I kept waiting for Nikki to change her mind. Maybe even go for Cole. Let it be known that I was NOT shipping them and what he did, stealing her heart ((LITERALLY)) was wrong. Still, I wanted to switch it up. She and Jack were just too predictable. And Cole died for her. He gave up all his goals and eternity of immorality so that she could be human and waste away to nothing. Boo.
Cole was just one of those characters that I couldn't imagine not existing. He may not have gotten what he wanted, but I imagined him moving on and finding another queen. It would be bittersweet but he'd check up on her when she was old and gray and be wistful. But no. He died. Snapped his guitar pick aka heart in half. And just when I was starting to have some sympathy for him. Of course, that's mostly because he lost his memory and pretty much became a different person (or his real self).

I really wasn't feeling Jack and Nikki here. I don't know why. I think it's because it was too intense, if that makes sense. They went from high school could where she couldn't trust him for a getaway with friends to willing to die for each other.
But I have to give this book points for world-building. The Everneath is unlike anything I've ever read.
review 2014-09-29 07:14
Hades can now die happy for somebody has actually managed to make his world interesting
Evertrue - Brodi Ashton

Everneath series is a modern take on the world of Persephone and Hades and the associated greek myths. Evertrue is the final book in the trilogy and even though, not that highly impressed with the way things concluded I m definitely happy with the book in general as it has continued the goodness that it had started with its first book

Everneath is a paranormal romance and hence comes with everything mushy, cheesy and chocolatey associated with these sorts of books. Romance and love triangles being an eminent factor in such books is in its full color throughout, but what makes it interesting is definitely the story line which is different and most importantly the whole treatment of the book is different as well.

No matter what, this series is always going to be my favourite and fortunately third book comes with an even interesting development and good pace. I m saying good pace not fast paced because at times the whole emotional outpours can halt the pace a bit. If you have been following this series and have liked it I m sure you will like this book as well which kind of have concluded and tied up all the loose ends in the best possible way it could.

Ever since I started with the first book, my loyalty kept leaning towards Cole, who is your apparent antagonist and the major source of trouble throughout the book. The author had even brought out a novella that was based on certain phase of Cole’s life which was named Neverfall and in my opinion is also the biggest disaster In the whole series. The second book, Everbound is where you actually fall for cole and the third book has made sure to retain that, at least for me. In my opinion, Cole is the best character in the entire series and much better than our heroine as well and other hero, Jack

The book’s plot makes it unique and interesting and in spite of your typical paranormal romance elements like undying love, altruism, batting eyelids and love triangles overshadowing the essence, I would still say this has been one heck of a series and the third book has managed to keep up the legacy for me by being in sync with the previous two books. Not high, not low but in perfect alliance with the prequels. The pace is good, twists are good and conclusion though not completely to my liking has sealed every character’s fate pretty much nicely.

review 2014-09-04 13:22
Evertrue - Brodi Ashton

And another series finished :)

It was okay. I still love the cover of the first book.

The book was just mainly meh. Cole, who was the main part of the books I really liked, was pretty much leashed the entire book. And Jack, who never grew on me, was a rage/roid monster. And apparently the guy of her dreams.

I wasn't a big fan of Man of Steel and this book made the same big mistake that it did.

review 2014-04-09 19:08
That's it ? Are you kidding me

Audiobook
I was disappointed.The build up of this world and these characters deserved a more complete ending. There was so there, so much history and it all dispersed into dust with barely a thought. The ending felt extremely rushed and not well thought out. At the end I hated the new left alive, hated them for their callowness and cold behavior.