logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: excerpt
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-01-11 07:10
Review Tour- Three Blind Dates

We're celebrating the release of THREE BLIND DATES by Meghan Quinn! ONE-CLICK your copy TODAY!

PURCHASE HERE-->

Add it to your TBR--> http://bit.ly/2zY0Zuf

"Good Morning Malibu, it’s another beautiful day on the west coast! I'm Noely Clark, your host: and I'm in the market for love…”

When the publicity team of the new local restaurant, Going in Blind, began their search for a hot, local celebrity to promote the wildly popular eatery, they couldn’t have found a better person than me.

Outgoing? Check.
Single? Check.
Open to finding love? Check.

I signed up immediately.

A hopeless romantic with an exceedingly demanding schedule, I've found it impossible to find the man of my dreams—so Going in Blind seems too good to be true! That’s until they start setting me up on dates—three very different, very attractive, very distinct blind dates—and only one thing is for certain . . .

I’m in big trouble.

Good Morning Malibu,
I'm Noely Clark, and I have a choice to make.
The question is who will I choose; the suit, the rebel, or the jock.

EXCERPT:

NOELY

“Just state my name?”

“Yeah. Gives us a quick rundown on who you are, what you do, your interests, and what you’re looking for in a man.”

I nod and clear my throat. Sitting tall, my hands resting in my lap, I speak directly into the camera . . .

“Hi, I’m Noely Clark, and I’m one of your Good Morning, Malibu hosts. As you know, I’m single and in the market for love. As a twenty-seven-year-old woman who has had her fair share of rotten relationships, hookups, and dates, I want to try something new. I want to be thrust into a program where my celebrity status isn’t the first thing someone knows about me, where I can be known for who I am as a person rather than how I’m represented on TV.”

“And who is the person you want to be known for?”

Tilting my head to the side, I purse my lips, thinking of my answer. “Just a regular girl who loves Tom Hanks, would do just about anything adventurous, and would rather be seen eating nachos at a hockey game than enjoying a chardonnay during a classic night at the opera.”

“And what are you looking for in a man?”

Taking a deep breath, I look straight into the camera. “Someone who will cuddle on my couch and watch a classic romcom with me. Someone who will challenge me. Someone who is respectful and courteous to others but also has no qualms about shouting at an official while pounding on the glass at a hockey game. We don’t have to be a perfect match, because when is that really the case? But I want our match to be close with a little bit of wiggle room for some give and take, because what’s love without a little bit of compromise, without being able to adapt to your partner and love what they love? It’s the people in our life who mold us, and I’m far from being molded completely.”

Three Blind Dates (Dating by Numbers, #1)Three Blind Dates by Meghan Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Noely has some ideas to jump start her personal life. While this seems to be a great plan, she has no idea her boss will get wind of it and make her life a TV spot. So she goes on three amazing dates.

There is the suit, Jack, who is just perfect for her. Then there is the rebel, Beck, who just makes her hot all over and wanting to take risks she would have never thought to. Last there is the jock, Hayden, who is so hot it almost scorches her eyes.

While I am not giving the book away, (you know I do not do spoilers) there is a certain element throughout the story that I absolutely adore - humor. This is a RomCom like no other. This book just ups the ante for romance writing and reading. This is a series I cannot wait to devour and I am looking forward to the rest of the books.

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review.

About the Author:

Author, wife, adoptive mother, and peanut butter lover. Will dance for laughs, won’t eat anything spicy because you asked, but will squeeze boobs in replace of a hug. Grew up in Southern California (Temecula, anyone? Anyone?) lived in New York (the armpit of NY, not the city) and now resides in Colorado with my wife, son, two dogs, three cats, and my multiple book boyfriends. Loves love, anything romantic, and will die if I ever meet Tom Hanks. Yay, books!

Find me on Goodreads:

Visit my website: http://authormeghanquinn.com/

review 2017-12-15 07:10
Blog Tour w/Review - Only For You

Love only works when your heart is in the right place.
Hers could be right next door…

ONLY FOR YOU
Sugar Lake #2
Melissa Foster
Releasing Dec 5, 2017
Montlake

Single mom Bridgette Dalton doesn’t have time to stop and smell the roses—not even in her own flower shop. But that doesn’t mean she hasn’t noticed Bodhi Booker. Her ruggedly handsome next-door neighbor would be the perfect candidate for a no-strings fling. Having loved and lost, Bridgette’s not ready to hand over her heart…but she could use a distraction.

Bodhi has one rule: never leave anyone behind. As a special operative, he knows that each new mission is more dangerous than the last. He’s never made a promise of forever to a woman, not even to the beautiful widow who has him tied in knots. And if there were anyone who could tempt him into putting down roots, it would be Bridgette and her adorable son.

But as his next deployment nears, they make a startling discovery. Their passion, meant only for the here and now, might already be blossoming into something more…

**ONLY FOR YOU is published by Montlake (an Amazon imprint) and won’t be available on other ebook retailers, but you can download a FREE ereader app to read it HERE, or order the paperback.

She wrapped her hand around his long fingers, and his eyes heated, never wavering from hers.

She’d never met a man so intense. Her nerves were on fire as she led him toward the table where some of her family members were talking. Awareness of the significance of her decision, of the signals she was sending, slammed into her, and she slowed to catch her breath. Was she ready for this?

He put a finger beneath her chin and lifted, as he’d done at his front door, gazing thoughtfully down at her. “Would you rather I leave?”

She shook her head. “No. I’m just . . . I’m good.” And she was. She’d needed that pause to acknowledge and accept what she was feeling. She was nervous, but she wanted this. She wanted him. Her smile came genuinely, and earned her one in return. “Come on.”
She became more nervous as they approached the table. Willow was practically sitting in
Zane’s lap as they mooned over each other. Piper and Talia were scoping out some guy across the room, and Ben was in a heated discussion with Aurelia. She shouldn’t be nervous. This was her normal.

Except normal didn’t usually include holding hands with a man she wanted to strip naked and devour.

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t the naked neighbor.” Mischief danced in Piper’s eyes as she pushed to her feet and strutted around the table in her skinny jeans and slinky little blouse. She set her hands on her hips, running an assessing eye over Bodhi.

His jaw clenched.

“Bodhi, this is my sister Piper. She works in construction and is around guys all day, which means she has absolutely no filter. Please take her with a grain of salt.”

He flashed a cocky grin. “For the record, I had a towel on.”

“For the record,” Piper said, “she wished you didn’t.”

Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)Only for You by Melissa Foster
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book #2, in the Sugar Lake series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment and understanding of the series, I recommend reading this great series in order.

Bridgette has a lot on her plate. Being a single mom is not east. She has had drama in her past, and she is trying not to make more for her son to have in the future. If only she could resist her neighbor!

Bodhi has no intention of giving in to temptation. Just because he is attracted to the sexy Bridgette, does not mean he has to act on it. He knows he cannot offer her a future, so what can you do?

This book was full of heat and fun right from the start. I loved that the hero could be more than what he limited himself to be. This was a great example that not all books have to reach for an HEA to give us one. I loved that these characters felt very real and the situations easy to relate to. This series is just so good!

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review, by Netgalley and its publishers.

GET THE FIRST SUGAR LAKE ROMANCE
THE REAL THING
Only $1.99

Melissa Foster is a New York Times & USA Today bestselling and award-winning author. She writes sexy and heartwarming contemporary romance and new adult romance with emotionally compelling characters that stay with you long after you turn the last page. Melissa’s emotional journeys are lovingly erotic and always family oriented–perfect beach reads for contemporary romance lovers who enjoy reading about wealthy heroes and smart, sassy heroines.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Pocket Star EBooks

December 4, 2017

$5.99

ISBN 9781501168567

“Meader serves up a delicious mix of sports, sexy romance, and complicated, captivating characters with her second Chicago Rebels hockey contemporary (after Irresistible You)…Meader’s erotic scenes could melt ice, and her complex protagonists will keep readers eagerly turning pages.”

Publishers Weekly (So Over You)

“Things heat up on the ice in Meaer’s latest installment of the Chicago Revels series (Irresistible You, 2017)…Isobel and Vadim’s chemistry is off the charts, and Meader’s engaging details of hockey and Chicago pull you further into their world. Even nonhockey fans will be rooting for the Rebels by the last page.”

Booklist (So Over You)

“Hockey is a sport that moves a mile a minute, and it’s even more thrilling when the action off the ice has even more speed. In the second Chicago Rebels book, external conflicts make the path to a happy ending difficult for the couple, but that makes it even more satisfying in the end. Meader’s thought-provoking tale has well-rounded characters who touch each other’s lives — sometimes not too gently.”

RT Book Reviews (So Over You)

“Meader’s strength is creating characters who live, breathe, and jump off the page; Remy and Harper shine, and the supporting cast of characters, including Harper’s half-sisters, is very strong. The mix of sexual tension and emotional decisions will lead Meader’s series launch to many a keeper shelf.”

Publishers Weekly STARRED REVIEW (Irresistible You, Book 1)

“Meader takes her readers on a breathtaking, non-stop, glorious ride. The sex scenes are lyrically written with fresh, descriptive prose. Enough is included about hockey to add its fast rhythm to the book. Remy’s family is multi-faceted and fills the pages with joy. Readers will love the relationship between Remy and Harper, and will be excited for the next story — Isobel’s.”

RT Book Reviews Four and  a Half Star TOP PICK (Irresistible You, Book 1)

About the book:

Three estranged sisters struggle to sustain their late father’s failing hockey franchise in Kate Meader’s SO OVER YOU, Book 2 in the new sizzling Chicago Rebels series. Middle sister Isobel is at a crossroads in her personal and professional lives. But both are about to get a significant boost with the addition of a domineering Russian powerhouse to the Rebels...

Isobel Chase knows hockey. She played NCAA, won silver at the Games, and made it thirty-seven minutes into the new National Women’s Hockey League before an injury sidelined her dreams. Those who can’t, coach, and a position as a skating consultant to her late father’s hockey franchise, the Chicago Rebels, seems like a perfect fit. Until she’s assigned her first job: the man who skated into her heart as a teen and relieved her of her pesky virginity. These days, left-winger Vadim Petrov is known as the Czar of Pleasure, a magnet for puck bunnies and the tabloids alike. But back then...let’s just say his inability to sink the puck left Isobel frustratingly scoreless.

Vadim has a first name that means “ruler,” and it doesn’t stop at his birth certificate. He dominates on the ice, the practice rink, and in the backseat of a limo. But a knee injury has produced a bad year, and bad years in the NHL don’t go unrewarded. His penance? To be traded to a troubled team where his personal coach is Isobel Chase, the woman who drove him wild years ago when they were hormonal teens. But apparently the feeling was not entirely mutual.

That Vadim might have failed to give Isobel the pleasure that was her right is intolerable, and he plans to make it up to her—one bone-melting orgasm at a time. After all, no player can perfect his game without a helluva lot of practice...

“This little job is the difference between you playing and not. Dancing with the Stars, Vaddy baby. It’s where all the washed-up pros end up.”

Annoyed at his reaction to her, he skated away, throwing out over his shoulder, “I will be playing, Isobel. You will have no say in that. I spoke with Moretti—it is clear why you have this job.”

Her brow crimped. Naturally, it was adorable. “Please. Enlighten me.”

“He is new and no doubt under pressure to bow to the owners. You can write your own ticket.”

“If that’s the case, I’d just appoint myself as head coach and be done with it.”

“You are also conscious of what the fans and media think, so you are starting small. Really, you could have called or texted, Isobel. Buying my contract seems like a lot of work to bring me back into your world.”

“You weren’t my first choice. But luckily your poor play this season meant Quebec was happy to offload you.”

He ignored the brief stab. The last six months had been difficult. Isobel understood this, yet they could not resist these little cuts.

“I think you wanted to be closer to me. Just like before, right, Bella?”

A blush crept up her cheeks on hearing his endearment for her.

He would test her. Make her angry and emotional. Make her cry. Because angry, emotional criers were not the stuff of coaches. If she was serious about a career in the NHL, she would hear worse.

She would get him game fit. He would get her battle ready.

He continued to needle. “Yes, I think that must be it. It seems that the female owners of the Rebels would like to abuse their position and use the players for their personal pleasure. Your sister and Remy DuPre—that is interesting.”

“Is it?”

“Harper may have duped a Rebel player into her bed, but please don’t imagine you and I will be renewing our acquaintance in a similar manner.”

That got her attention, at last. Her creamy skin blazed, her crimson mouth twitched, and even from a distance he could see those melted-shamrock eyes darken. She looked like she wanted scream at him. Burst into tears. Slap his face.

Yes, Bella. Let us see if you can handle the barbs of every player, coach, and fan who will dismiss you. Let us see if you can handle me.

Fury powering her stride, she skated over, skidding to a halt mere inches from his face. As before, she was magnificent.

“You’ve found me out, Petrov.”

“I have?”

“It’s all an elaborate ruse. We bought your contract even though you really haven’t been performing well this season. Let’s face it, you’ve sucked donkey balls, Vadikins. But I convinced my sisters that I alone could bring you back to top condition. Make you a valuable asset to the team. I also made sure I’d be the only one working with you . . .” She leaned up on the tips of her blades, a balancing act that required great skill and remarkable ankle strength. Close enough that he could have slipped his tongue between his lips and tasted hers.

Her breath was a hot puff of temptation. “So we would have all this alone time.”

With that fiery gaze, she held his own.

Unerring.

Unflinching.

Until her mouth creased, and she broke into a laugh. He remembered that laugh. Just as before, it hit him right in the balls.

She used the edge of the iPad to poke him in the chest. “You thought I’d go to all this trouble to try to get into your hockey shorts, Petrov? I’m a team owner—I can have any of these Rebel boys with the click of my fingers!” She chuckled, clearly enjoying herself. “Despite what that supersized ego of yours thinks, the only performance I want from you is on the ice. Maybe if you spent less time carousing—”

“Carousing?”

“Yes, it’s nicer than calling you a club-hopping, vodka-sodden manwhore. Less of that and more effort on your day job, please. And don’t worry yourself that I’m interested in ‘renewing our acquaintance.’ I’ve had better lays with the Ukrainian delegation at the last Games.”

He had to say he enjoyed this sharp-tongued, quick-witted version of Isobel. But not enough to admit it to her.

“There is nothing you can teach me.”

“So sure, Russian.”

“I am positive.”

“We’ll see.” She skated back to the edge of the rink. “Again.”

So Over You (Chicago Rebels, #2)So Over You by Kate Meader
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book #2, in the Chicago Rebels series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Isobel has a history with Vadim. An incredibly complex history, that makes it hard for Isobel to even confide in her sisters about it. Suddenly she has to work with him again, since he is on their team. Will the past and future secrets that they share ruin all the progress?

Vadim has not realized that he was missing Isobel until he saw her again. Now he realizes just what he needs. He just has to come up with a plan. If the secrets of their pasts come to light - can they still have a future?

Such an incredible series! I love that each and every character is so different. These are really complex and interesting MC's that take us through it all. I could not put this book down. Engaging in many forms and filled with surprises, this was a great read.

***This ARC copy was given by Netgalley and its publishers in exchange for an honest review.

About the author:

Kate Meader was raised on romance. An Irish girl, she started with Catherine Cookson and Jilly Cooper novels, and spiced it up with some Mills & Boon. Now based in Chicago, she writes romances of her own, where sexy contemporary alpha heroes and strong heroines match each other quip for quip. When not immersed in tales of brooding mill owners, oversexed equestrians, and men who can rock an apron or a fire hose, Kate lives on the web at katemeader.com.

Giveaway:

Kate Meader will be giving away a $25 Amazon gift card during release week. To enter, please go here!

review 2017-12-01 13:01
Blog Tour w/Review - Lips Close To Mine

LipsClosetoMine-SBPR-BT

Lips Close to Mine, an all-new sexy STANDALONE romance from Robin Bielman is available now!

LipsCloseToMine-500.jpg

Lips Close to Mine

by Robin Bielman

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Release Date: November 20th

Synopsis:

I wasn’t supposed to see Levi Pierce ever again. A few months ago, he charmed the pants off me and we spent one incredible night together.

End of story.

Only it wasn’t. Pretty soon everywhere I turn, I see him. Our best friends are dating. My mother mistakenly—and happily—thinks he’s my plus-one to my cousin’s wedding. And he’s the guy I have to work with on the most important job opportunity of my life.

Here’s my problem: I like Levi. I like his killer smile and his dreamboat eyes and definitely the way he makes me feel in bed. But I’ve sworn off relationships. So when the sexual tension reaches epic proportions and we fall back into bed together, I tell myself it’s temporary. When I start to feel more, I tell myself it’s over.

Only Levi isn’t a forget-it kind of guy. When his lips are close to mine and he swears he’s always wanted me, my defenses disappear. But some things in life just aren’t meant to be.

Or are they?

Excerpt:

“What do you say we open that champagne then skinny-dip in the fountain?” I ask, releasing my seat belt. That I’m dying to Harper her naked again might have something to do with my suggestion, too.

She searches my eyes for clues I’m serious. I help her out. “Unless you’re chicken.”

With a straight face, she unclicks her seat belt, picks up the bottle of champagne and proceeds to pop the cork like a champ. She takes a swig, her full lips wrapped around the bottle, her eyes never leaving mine. My dick twitches as I imagine her gorgeous mouth sucking me deep. Full disclosure: I’ve been picturing this every damn night for the past two months.

“Your turn.” She hands me the bottle as her tongue licks across her full bottom lip. If she’s trying to torture me, it’s working.

Our fingers brush when I accept the Dom Perignon, and once again, the small, effortless touch isn’t enough. I take a small gulp of the sparkling drink, mindful I’m driving. When finished, I pass it back. “So, your cousin said something interesting to me tonight.”

“Shit.”         .

I laugh. The harder Harper tries to keep me at arm’s length, the more her family tries to draw me in. “Since you’re sitting at the head table during the wedding reception, she wanted me to know I’ll be sitting with your brothers.”

She chokes on the champagne. “What the hell? I never RSVP’d you were my plus-one.”

“Your mom did.”

Harper’s head falls back against the seat, chin up, eyes closed. “That woman is impossible. I’ll tell them you’re not coming to the wedding.”

“I don’t mind.”

“I do.”

All right. Whatever you want.”

“That’s it? Just like that, you’re not coming now?” She shifts positions, drawing her legs up so she’s sitting on them and facing me. I hadn’t noticed that she’d slipped off her shoes.

“I don’t want to make you uncomfortable around your family.”

“You don’t do that.”

“You sure? I think I do.”

“No. You don’t. Not even a little. But…”

“But what?”

“I did tell my mom I had a date so she wouldn’t bug me about it. I was planning to find a random guy to go with me, so I guess since she thinks it’s you…” She takes a drink, extends me the bottle.

I put my palm over my heart. “How magnanimous of you.”

“I know,” she teases. “Don’t you forget it.”

“So I am going to the wedding?”

“Yes.”

Kobo:http://bit.ly/2yMdc1N

Add to GoodReads: http://bit.ly/2gnmlWT

Lips Close to Mine (Wherever You Go, #2)Lips Close to Mine by Robin Bielman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book #2, in the Wherever You Go series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment, and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Harper and Levi have both sweet and hot history. All she knows now, is she cannot stop thinking about him. How he sets her on fire. The chemistry between them is unreal.

Levi wants another chance with Harper and she seems wary of that. He is consumed with thoughts about her and their time together. Thanks to mutual friends, they see one another often.

This is such a fun series! These characters have remarkable heat. The banter is fun, the pace solid and consistent. Was an easy and delightful read.

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review, by Netgalley and its publisher.

LipsClosetoMineTeaser1.jpg

RobinBielman.jpg

About Robin:

When not attached to her laptop, USA Today Bestselling Author and RITA Finalist, Robin Bielman can almost always be found with her nose in a book. A California girl, the beach is her favorite place for fun and inspiration. Her fondness for swoon-worthy heroes who flirt and stumble upon the girl they can’t live without jumpstarts most of her story ideas. She loves to go on adventures, and has skydived, scuba dived, parasailed, gotten lost in the wilderness (and only suffered a gazillion bug bites for it) hiked to waterfalls, and swam with dolphins. In her spare time she also likes to put her treadmill to good use while watching her favorite TV shows, take hikes with her hubby, indulge her sweet tooth, and play sock tug of war with her cute, but sometimes naughty dog, Harry. She dreams of traveling to faraway places and loves to connect with readers. Keep in touch at all of her social media spots!

Connect With Robin:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RobinBielmanWriter

Twitter: @RobinBielman

BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/robin-bielman

GoodReads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5825070.Robin_Bielman

Stay up to date with Robin by signing up for her newsletter:

review 2017-12-01 07:10
Release Blitz - Off Duty

Banner.jpg

Off Duty by Kristen Hope Mazzola is NOW AVAILABLE! FREE WITH KINDLE UNLIMITED Amazon → http://amzn.to/2z9VtkQ Amazon UK→ http://amzn.to/2ANZ5JO

OFFDUTY_LIVE

Cover Model: Robert Kelly Cover Photographer: R+M Photography

1off duty - front

ADD to your TBR → http://bit.ly/2hq32As

All information is here → http://www.kristenhopemazzola.com/off-duty.html

One kiss - that's all it took For her to go from off limits to my off duty lover. For years we worked side by side and in an instant everything changed in the best way possible. Jessica McBee was my best friend, my partner on the force and my only weakness. When Myla Hayes, the wife of the captain of the NY Otters hockey team, is being harassed, we have to work together to take down the suspect. But how can I let her be in the line of fire when I'm in love?

23633502_1942954386026378_358620909_o

EXCERPT:

Whistler

I would never forget the first fatality I had while on the job. It was staple gunned into my mind – plaguing me, haunting me. I watched as the life of a mother was snuffed out, feeling her last breath escape her lips in the freezing rain in the middle of the road.

Early evening, in terrible weather with black ice covering the asphalt, my partner and I got the call. I had been on the job for only a few months – needless to say I was not prepared for what we were about to encounter. I was a young buck, fearless, ready to be the big bad hero – swoop in and save the damsel in destress. What a fucking joke that idea was. Up until that point, the worst that I had dealt with was a drug bust gone wrong were a UC was shot in the shoulder by a kingpin. That was child’s play compared to what I was about to witness.

With lights flashing, my partner pushed the engine of our squad car to her limits – flying down the road to the intersection. It only took minutes and we were on the scene. Off in the distance, the whaling of horns and blaring of sirens signaled that the ambulance and firetruck were already in route to our aid. We were the first to arrive out of all responding units and I wished that that hadn’t been the case.

The scene was what you’d expect from a damn movie. An eighteen-wheeler was jackknifed, slid off onto the shoulder with a four door Sudan plastered to its grill like a damn bug stuck in the grate. The entire driver’s side of the car was smashed in, the horn was blaring, the windshield was blown out. The driver had been expelled from the car, the passenger’s head was a bloody mess on the side window. Neither were moving. The truck driver whaled in agony as he frantically tried to open the cab’s door.

“Sir! Try to remain calm!” My parented was a senior officer, he knew what he was doing. He sprang into action as I froze in my seat Get the woman!” Todd screamed at me as he flew out of the driver’s seat. “I’ll try to get the girl out of the car.”

I rushed to the lady that was sprawled out on the frozen pavement, her limbs thrown about as she lay on her back, gasping for air.

Looking down into her pleading eyes, I tried to figure out what to say. But, what do you say when you know that someone is fighting for their life? How the fuck are you supposed to comfort a stranger when they are dying right in front of you?

“Ma’am. Can you tell me your name?” I asked trying to assess her injuries.

“My daughter!” She cried, “Help Myla!”

“My partner is with her. He’s got her. What’s your name? Can you tell me your name?”

She started to gurgle as blood poured from her lips. Her skin drained of color. Her body shook. Her eyes got wide. I pulled her mangled, bloody body into my arms, rocking her while trying to comfort her last moments on this earth.

“You’re going to be all right. The paramedics are on their way. You’re going to be all right.” I repeated it over and over until the EMTs were rushing to my aid. They were too late. She had slipped between the cracks.

In pouring down, freezing rain, I felt her last breath leave her lungs. I watched as she blinked for the last time. I held her as she cried for us to save her daughter. In her last seconds, she was completely selfless. Her love for her daughter was at the forefront of her mind. That is true love. Right there, I learned what true love looked like in its final moments.

23715364_1942954429359707_682409657_o

Off Duty (Shots On Goal Standalone Book 6)Off Duty by Kristen Hope Mazzola
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is #6, in the Shots On Goal series. It is intended to be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment and to avoid spoilers, I would read this series in order.

Sean has a rough job. Good thing he has amazing friends. When he gets a new partner, the last thing he expects to be is attracted and have feelings for her. He knows if he acts on those feelings, they will be separated.

Jessica is excited to have such a great partner. He respects her, and even invited her to meet his friends. Only one problem - she is attracted to him. She can never act on it unless she wants to get a new partner.

This book moves at such a fast pace! I found myself confused as to the arrangement of it at some times. I think the series as a whole will put more perspective on what I felt I missed. There is lots of good humor, friendship, and even sexy times. I look forward to finishing the rest of the series to come.

***This ARC copy was given in exchange of an honest review.

23633490_1942954436026373_2133006720_o

About the Author:

I am just an average twenty-something following my dreams. I have a full time “day job” and by night I am an author. I guess you could say that writing is like my super power (I always wanted one of those). I am the lover of wine, sushi, football and the ocean; that is when I am not wrapped up in the literary world. Please feel free to contact me to chat about my writing, books you think I’d like or just to shoot the, well you know. A portion of all my royalties are donated to The Marcie Mazzola Foundation.

Author Links: