logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: excerpt
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-08-08 10:00
Release Week Review & Blog Tour with Giveaway! Entropy (Atrophy #4) Jess Anastasi!
Entropy - Jess Anastasi

Captain Qaelan Forster is used to trouble. He lives on the wrong side of the law and he’s on the most-wanted lists. He’s mixed up in his cousin's mess who has problems on a cosmic level—like shape-shifting aliens who want them dead. But Qaelan’s not prepared for the cheeky kind of trouble called Camille Blackstone, whose infamous father has any man interested in his daughter executed.

After Camille drags Qaelan into an impulsive act of rebellion, she finds herself trying to defend the sexy captain from her overprotective father's wrath, even if she has to handcuff herself to the captain to keep him alive. However, it soon becomes apparent there are much more dangerous things lurking in the dark corners of the universe than a vengeful pirate lord. And she's just landed in the middle of it.

Used to trouble, Captain Qaelan Forster is on the most-wanted lists, and mixed up in his cousin’s mess but he’s not prepared for Camille Blackstone’s kind of trouble. In an act impulsive rebellion, Camille finds herself defending Qaelan from her father and handcuffing herself to him the captain to keep him alive.

The fourth book in the “Atrophy” series is cosmic explosion of thrills and passion that keeps readers on the edge from beginning to end. Qaelan and Camille are two strong, charismatic characters that easily draw readers in and hold them hostage throughout their romance which is full of sizzling chemistry, explosive passion and emotional turmoil. This relationship starts off with a major life and death obstacle that keeps readers in suspense until the very end while the characters entertain readers with lots witty repertoire and daring personalities.

Suspense builds and action explodes throughout this fast paced plot with lots of thrills, intrigue and surprising twists that keeps readers as well as the characters on their toes. There are plenty of bad guys to inspire readers to cheer for their demise as well as conflicts regarding friends and family so there is never a dull moment and readers can’t help but feel as if they are part of the story from the very beginning as the author’s well written words and well-developed world paints vivid imagery and sparks the imagination.

I love the sexy, adventurous feel of this sci-fi romance series and there was no way I could put “Entropy” down until I had read every last word and the conclusion was certainly added an intriguing element to the conflict with the shape-shifting alien enemies that face the characters of the “Atrophy” series and I can’t wait to find out what happens next.

Entropy

Amazon: https://amzn.to/2LRY5OY

B&N: https://bit.ly/2vDysGs

iBooks: https://apple.co/2AGaK2a

Kobo: https://bit.ly/2OHUgJR

GPlay: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Jess_Anastasi_Entropy?id=eo1iDwAAQBAJ

Excerpt 2:

Cami didn’t bother trying to make conversation with Captain Qaelan Forster as they left the noise and stale-alcohol smell of the bar and headed out into the balmy night. He hadn’t followed her for some kind of deep-and-meaningful or even the slightest bit of small talk.

The only thing he was interested in wasn’t going to require any words. Well, not any coherent ones, anyway. Not that she was looking for anyone to talk to. The last run for her father hadn’t gone well, and she’d ducked into the bar to avoid seeing him. He probably wouldn’t say anything about it, and he couldn’t be more pissed at her than she was at herself. But he’d get that look. The one that said she’d disappointed him. And she hated that look more than anything. Would rather he yelled at her.

So, leaving the bar with the infamous Qaelan Forster hadn’t really been about him at all. It’d been about avoiding her father. And for the fact she was sick of her demon princess- of-hell reputation. Sure, it was well warranted, and she’d always thought it didn’t matter that a bunch of people who weren’t significant thought she was an unfeeling callous bitch who believed they were all beneath her.

But for some reason, tonight it had gotten to her. Qaelan Forster had been there, and she couldn’t deny the tall, dark haired, blue-eyed captain was seriously hot, just like she’d heard. Kissing him to shut up a few morons up hadn’t been a chore at all.

In fact, it’d been the exact opposite. An instant fire had lit up her blood, and while initially she’d been planning on ditching him as soon as they got outside, now she was trying to remember the last time she’d let anyone get close to her. It’d been almost two years ago, that gorgeous blond waiter she’d seen a handful of times passing through a space station not too far out of the Belt.

Claude had been the first and only casual relationship she’d had. She’d thought if it wasn’t serious, then her father would be less likely to interfere or threaten anyone. Turned out she’d been wrong. He’d still managed to have a hand in messing things up. Truth be told, her heart hadn’t been in it, so she hadn’t been all that devastated.

Though her handful of other relationships had been short, she’d never had a one-night-stand with a complete stranger before—usually she was at least somewhat familiar with her partner.

And she couldn’t actually remember the last guy she’d been serious about, not clearly anyway. Her father had probably gotten him killed, or banished him, or some equally ridiculous overreaction. The second she ever looked at a guy twice, her father was plotting murder and mayhem. She glanced at Qaelan as they silently walked through the bright, night-lit streets, people spilling out of all kinds of establishments or shopping in the bazaar. Life in Tripoli never stopped. The party just kept rolling on.

Qaelan had his hands in his pockets, casting her glances every now and then, probably trying to figure her out. Men were always trying to figure her out. It annoyed the crap out of her.

For half a second, she considered cutting him loose again. Her father favored Qaelan and his even-more infamous cousin, Rian Sherron. He’d be seriously pissed if he found out Qaelan had touched her, let alone anything else. But maybe that favoritism would mean Qaelan would simply get banished, not dead. And that would only happen if her father found out…

$15 Amazon Gift Card

Jess has been making up stories ever since she can remember. Though her messy handwriting made it hard for anyone else to read them, she wasn’t deterred and now she gets to make up stories for a living. She loves loud music, a good book on a rainy day, and probably spends too much time watching too many TV shows. Jess lives in regional Victoria, Australia, with her very supportive husband, three daughters, one hyper-active border collie dog, one bunny with anger management issues, and one cat who thinks he’s one of the kids.

Connect:

Length: 8 hours and 20 minutes
Genre: Romance, friends to lovers, San Francisco, humor, businessmen

Add to Goodreads

Synopsis:

<!-- [if gte mso 9]> 16.00 <![endif]--><!-- [if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE <![endif]--><!-- [if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!-- [if gte mso 10]> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} <![endif]-->

Grant Kostas made a career based on his looks before joining his family’s real estate firm. He may not love his job but he’s better at sales than he thought. And when he’s poised to bring in the biggest account of the company’s history, even his father is impressed. Unfortunately, the extra attention highlights Grant’s personal life. His parents accept that he’s gay. They just wish he’d meet a nice Greek man.

Miles Harrison is a fabulous red head going through a rough patch. Between getting dumped by his long-term boyfriend and finding a new place to live in the city, he’s nearing his wits end. He’s not sure why he thought rooming with his boss’s friend was a good idea. Miles has had a crush on Grant for years. However, he knows attractive people aren’t always pretty on the inside. As the two men grapple with external problems, they form an unexpected bond of friendship and trust that feels like the real thing. The only way to know for certain is to let go of fear and lean into the look.

Listen to an audio excerpt & purchase at Audible

Excerpt:

I stopped short when we reached the other side of the street and then backed him against the brick façade of a bank building and pressed my lips over his. It was a bold move and not one I’d ever tried on any man in public before. But I couldn’t help myself. It felt oddly freeing to share one of the bleaker parts of my past with him. I wanted to thank him somehow but that seemed awkward so I kissed him instead. I held his head and glided my tongue alongside his, loving the moment when he flung his arms over my shoulders and responded with fervor. When we broke for air, I rested my forehead on his and grinned.

“Your ass is pretty spectacular too, Mi.”

He chuckled good-naturedly. “Thanks.”

“No really. I think I’m love with it.” I lowered my hands down his back and squeezed his cheeks as I molded his pelvis to mine.

“That’s kind of romantic. But if you’re thinking about falling in love with me too…don’t.”

I backed up slightly to get a better look at him. “Okay. I won’t.”

“Pinky promise.” He held up his right hand and wiggled his fingers.

“What makes you think you’re so irresistible?” I asked, wrapping my pinky finger around his.

“I’m not and you’ll figure it out sooner or later. But I like you and I want you and…”

“And what you’re really saying is you don’t want to fall for me.” I kept my tone light, hoping a jocular vibe would steer us from turning this into an uncomfortable conversation.

“Maybe.”

“Look, Mi. I’m not—”

“No. Listen. Don’t make this into a big deal. It’s not. We’re going to have a grand adventure. Just me and you. We’ll do incredible things and have amazing conversations and lots of sex. And when it’s time to say good-bye, we won’t ruin it by pretending we were ever in love. What do you say?”

Nothing. I had nothing to say. All I could think was maybe he really was crazy because who said shit like that?

But when I looked past the lighthearted swagger I saw the cracks in his armor. He was scared and battered and raw on the inside. Kind of like me. And somehow I had a feeling it wasn’t an ex-lover that made him so cautious. I only knew he was right. We were a couple of oddballs who unexpectedly found ourselves inhabiting the same circle. Temporarily.

But love? I should have walked away. Or at the very least, laughed at his wild leap. Instead I cocked my head and squinted. “What kind of adventures?”

Miles grinned. A slow-moving, gorgeous upturn of the lips that morphed into something celestial. He literally took my breath away. I hoped the dizziness faded before I gave him a reason to think it was a good thing he’d issued a warning about getting too attached.

“All kinds! We’ll turn this town upside down being one hundred percent ridiculous.”

“Okay…” I gave a half laugh and pushed a stray lock of hair behind his ear. “What do you have in mind? Dancing, parties—”

“No. More like Trivial Pursuit marathons, Netflix binge-watching fests in our Pjs, the compare and contrast game and—”

“The what?”

“Don’t worry. We’ll have fun. You’ll see,” he assured me earnestly as he laced our fingers together and pulled me away from the wall.

I glanced down at our joined hands and briefly thought about joking that he should be careful about giving me mixed signals. But I knew my limits. My comedic timing was crappy and the last thing I wanted was to push him away. I might not love Miles but I liked him. A lot. And holding his hand while we wandered through town under a sea of rainbow flags on a random Sunday felt special. The way new beginnings sometimes did.

Leaning Into the Look (Leaning Into,, #6)Leaning Into the Look by Lane Hayes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is book #6 in the Leaning Into series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader understanding, and too avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this amazing series in order.

Grant & Miles know one another through mutual friends. One night, when Grant is at a party for friends, he needs Miles help. Following that night, he realizes how much Miles really could be.

Miles has always wanted Grant for himself. When he gets his chance he goes with it like a freight train without brakes. Later, when he and Grant discover there could be more, he wonders if he should have looked at this with caution.

Nick J Russo has the narration by storm. I love his voice, it is very soothing. I also love the changes in inflection and nuances that just make it more than just reading would have been. What a great edition!

The long awaited story about Grant was not just everything I wanted. It was really just a great read. There is humor, heat, & happenings. I love how Miles is the perfect balance to Grant. I loved it so much and it fits so well with this series. I also really loved the audio narration.

***This audible version was provided for an honest review only.

Meet the Author:

Lane Hayes is grateful to finally be doing what she loves best. Writing full-time! It’s no secret Lane loves a good romance novel. An avid reader from an early age, she has always been drawn to well-told love story with beautifully written characters. These days she prefers the leading roles to both be men. Lane discovered the M/M genre a few years ago and was instantly hooked. Her debut novel was a 2013 Rainbow Award finalist and subsequent books have received Honorable Mentions, and won first prize in the 2016 and 2017 Rainbow Awards. She loves red wine, chocolate and travel (in no particular order). Lane lives in Southern California with her amazing husband in a newly empty nest.

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Amazon

Meet the Narrator:

Nick is an award winning narrator with a fan following for his work in fiction, specifically in the romance genre. His performances in two of Amy Lane's books, Beneath the Stain and Christmas Kitsch, made him the recipient of Sinfully M/M Book Review's Narrator of the Year - 2015. When he's not in the booth, Nick enjoys spending time with his wife, Jessica, and kids, (aka their beagle Frank and cat Stella), drumming in his cover band, exploring rural back roads with his wife on his motorcycle, or being enthralled in a tabletop role playing game with his friends.

Facebook | Twitter

Giveaway:

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Blog Button 2

review 2018-06-22 10:00
Review & Excerpt Tour with Giveaway! Stand & Deliver (Men of Haven #5) Rhenna Morgan!
Stand & Deliver - Rhenna Morgan

Series: Men of Haven
Format: Digital eBook / Print
Digital ISBN: B076ZV47MC
Print ISBN: 9781335948304

Live hard, f*ck harder and make their own rules. Those are the cornerstones the six Men of Haven bleed by, taking what they want, always watching each other’s backs and loving the women they claim with unyielding tenderness and fierce

Security expert Beckett Tate has met his match in colleague Gia Sinclair. He longs to run his hands over each and every one of her lush curves. She’s wicked smart and wicked hot. He’s given her time to get used to the idea of “them,” but her time is up and he’s ready to go all in on claiming what’s his.

Despite her love of all things girlie, Gia’s no typical Southern belle. She’s built her skills and reputation in a field normally dominated by men, and now she has a kick-ass career she loves. She certainly doesn’t need a man to take care of her—especially not one who’s pure alpha. Still, Beckett’s the one man who can satisfy the desires she’s hidden under her tough exterior, and she’s hooked.

Letting Beckett take the lead in the bedroom comes naturally to Gia—not constantly proving herself to him professionally is more of a struggle. And when someone attacks her character and career, Gia and Beckett will have to find a balance: her willingness to let go just a little, with his trust in her abilities and his deep, primal need to protect his woman.

I just read a thrilling and passionate contemporary romance that had me falling hard and fast for the Men of Haven.

There is no doubt that bad boys are just hot and sexy, and Beckett Tate is definitely both of those, but he also has a vulnerable side that just made me want to snatch him up and cuddle, of course that might have been a bit difficult considering he fell for tough as nails, Gia. Both characters are strong and very compelling and easily connected to and their relationship is one full of emotional turbulence and a kind of “tip toe” through the minefields of their issues. Let me clarify, while the couple had issues, the author did a great job of bringing those issues to my attention and having the couple deal with them without overdoing them and making it seem impossible. The relationship moved at a believable pace and was full of electrifying chemistry and red hot passion.

Stand & Deliver is fast paced and full of thrills and suspense that kept me on the edge of my seat with twists and turns that kept me guessing. The plot had several intriguing conspiracies going on throughout so there was never a dull moment to be found. The story also had lots of intriguing secondary characters that rounded out the story and ensured that I want to get to know them all.

This is the first book that I have read by Rhenna Morgan and I just have to wonder how I managed to do that. Her world and characters are well developed and intriguing and the Men of Haven are just my type of bad boy – ones who play by their own rules. I am definitely going to be reading the previous books while I await the next book in the series.

Stand & Deliver

2 Wild & Sweet
3 Claim & Protect
4 Tempted & Taken
5 Stand & Deliver

& #6 Down & Dirty will be available March 2019!

Stand & Deliver is availabl in print or ebook at:

Carina Press - http://bit.ly/SD-CaPr

eBooks - https://www.ebooks.com/95898530/stand-deliver/morgan-rhenna/

Copyright© 2018 Stand & Deliver
Rhenna Morgan

As light as Gia was, getting her in the house was a breeze, and thanks to Knox, her alarm didn’t pose a problem either. Thank God, he’d actually convinced her to let his company be the one to install the system when she moved in. Otherwise, he’d have had a whole different set of problems to juggle.

Soft lamplight spilled from the corner of the living room, so Beckett aimed that direction and laid Gia out on the couch. Once settled, he crouched beside her and smoothed her hair away from her face.

The impact hit him instantly, the soft and silky strands jolting his amplified need for touch into high gear and tempting him like a junkie on a four-day dry spell. As out as she was, he could toy with the long strands and sample the skin on her face and neck for hours and she’d likely never remember a thing. The thing was, if he ever got the chance to touch her that way, he’d want her to remember. Would want to see the response in her eyes and learn how her body reacted to his touch.

He braced on hand on the couch above her head instead. The fabric was nowhere near as luxurious as her hair, but it was soft like the chairs he kept at his place and kept him from giving into touching where he shouldn’t.

That was the thing about people like him. Touch was everything. The thing he needed to stay in balance and keep his head and impulses in check. While his sensory processing disorder—or SPD—wasn’t as debilitating as it was for some people, he’d sure as hell learned not to underestimate it.

He leaned in and lowered his voice, knowing full well she probably wouldn’t hear or understand a word he said. “How about you chill here for a bit, gorgeous. Let me go get things ready for you upstairs.”

Gia moaned and rolled to one side, tucking her hands beneath her cheek.
He couldn’t help but chuckle. The pose was cute. Totally innocent and sweet. Which meant she’d be mortified if she had any clue he’d seen it. “I’m gonna take that for a yes.”

Carina Press is offer three lucky winner’s a digital bundle of the first four (4) books in Rhenna Morgan’s Men of Haven series! Titles in the digital bundle include: Rough & Tumble (Book #1), Wild & Sweet (Book #2), Claim & Protect (Book #3), and Tempted & Taken (Book #4). To enter, simply fill out the Rafflecopter below:

A native Oklahoman, Rhenna Morgan is a certified romance junkie. Whether it’s contemporary, paranormal, or fantasy you’re after, Rhenna’s stories pack romantic escape full of new, exciting worlds, and strong, intuitive men who fight to keep the women they want. For advance release news and exclusive content, sign up for her newsletter at http://RhennaMorgan.com. You'll also find all of her social links there, along with her smoking hot inspiration boards.

Website - http://rhennamorgan.com/

RoloPoloBookBlog https://rolopolobookblog.com/

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Romance Reviews Today Blog https://romrevtoday.blogspot.com/

Promotional Spotlight Post with Excerpt

What Is That Book About www.whatisthatbookabout.com Promotional Spotlight Post with Excerpt

Always Reiding AlwaysReiding.com

Ladytechie’s Book Musings Ladytechiesbookmusings.Blogspot.Com

Promotional Spotlight Post with Excerpt

The Power of Three Readers https://www.facebook.com/ThePowerofThreeReaders/?fref=ts

Crossroad Reviews http://www.crossroadreviews.com

Crazy Beautiful Reads http://cristinaloveswriting.wordpress.com

Nicole's Book Musings http://nicolesbookmusings.blogspot.com/

OMGReads http://omgreads.com/blog/

Promotional Spotlight Post with Excerpt

Southern Yankee Book Reviews http://southernyankeebookreviews.blogspot.com/?zx=9fb04db2fe22378a

LibriAmoriMiei https://libriamicimiei.blogspot.it/

One-Click Chocolate Chick https://www.facebook.com/oneclickchocolatechick/

Haddie's Haven https://haddieshaven.blogspot.com

Insatiable Readings https://insatiablereadings.wordpress.com/

Promotional Spotlight Post with Excerpt

Book Lovers Reviews and Recommendations https://www.facebook.com/Bookloversreview/

I Need to Read That ineedtoreadthat.com

The Reading Diaries http://www.thereadingdiaries.com/

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Evermore Books http://evermorebooks.weebly.com/blog

Book Loving Pixies http://booklovingpixies.me

Review Post for Stand & Deliver

Love in a time of Feminism http://loveinatimeoffeminism.com

Sapphyria's Books https://saphsbooks.blogspot.com/

Tangled Hearts Book Reviews http://on.fb.me/1BdNWR0

Good Choice Reading http://www.goodchoicereading.com

Sweet Red Reads http://sweetredreader.blogspot.com

Promotional Spotlight Post with Excerpt

Books to get lost in http://www.bookstogetlostin.blogspot.com

Sea's Nod http://searosetouk.blogspot.com/?m=1

Stormy Vixen's Book Reviews http://stormyvixen.booklikes.com/

JOJO THE BOOKAHOLIC http://jojothebookaholic.blogspot.com/

Celticlady's Reviews https://celticladysreviews.blogspot.com/

Promotional Spotlight Post with Excerpt

A small girl, her man and her books Http://smallgirlandherbooks.blogspot.com

Book Lover in Florida https://bookloverfl12.wordpress.com/

Lilly's Book World www.lillysbookworld.wordpress.com

TBR Book Blog http://www.tbrbookblog.com

Promotional Spotlight Post with Excerpt

Deborah's Blog of Books, Reviews,Spotlights and More deborahfavoritebooks.blogspot.com

review 2018-06-08 13:01
Blog Tour w/Review - Julien

SBPRBANNER-Julien-bT.jpg

Confessions: Julien, book two in the steamy contemporary MMM Confessions Series from Ella Frank, is available NOW!

Confessions JULIEN AMAZON copy.jpeg

Synopsis:

People are complex.

Love a double-edged sword.

And when it comes to a broken heart, there are no rules, only time…

For the past eight years, Julien Thornton has been living with a secret. One that only a handful of people know about.

To the outside world, he has it all.

A thriving career. A loving husband. And a face that the American public fell for by the millions, on a reality show that inadvertently saved his life.

But behind the shine of celebrity, behind the easygoing nature, a crippling truth fills Julien with pain and self-loathing. It’s a truth that he fights to overcome daily with the help of his husband, Joel Priestley, and now their boyfriend, Robbie Bianchi.

But unlike Priest, Robbie doesn’t know what he’s helping Julien to fight. He doesn’t know what Julien did all those years ago. And with the anniversary of his sister’s death fast approaching, the time for explanations is running out.

And thus the question: will the princess be able to forgive the prick as the priest once did?

Only time will tell.

Excerpt:

Chapter One

CONFESSION

Those who are meant to be yours will always find you. “WE MEET again, Mr. Thornton.” A shiver of awareness raced up Julien Thornton’s spine as he stood in the jail cell of a downtown L.A. police station where he’d been thrown around an hour ago for public intoxication. He didn’t need to turn to know who was on the opposite side of those steel bars. That voice was the one he’d been hoping to hear when he’d made his “one call” and left a message after a generic voicemail. That voice? It had been on his mind since the last time he’d heard it, nearly two weeks earlier when he’d met—and attempted to steal the car of—a man who called himself Priest.

Julien pivoted on his heels, and when he did, he realized that he’d grossly underestimated the impact that Joel Priestley had had on him the first time around. Oui, he hadn’t been able to stop thinking about him, that was true, and oui, he might’ve purposely provoked the police officer tonight hoping he’d end up needing a lawyer. But Dieu, he’d forgotten the way Priest made his body respond. Like an inferno was licking through his veins. With auburn hair, stormy eyes, and a presence that Julien gravitated toward like a magnetic force, he didn’t think anything could prepare a person for the powerful energy Priest exuded. Not to mention that cool, judgmental stare of his. But Julien had no one to blame for that judgment but himself. Maybe if they didn’t always meet at the end of one of his week-long benders, he could have the upper hand with this man for once. And wouldn’t that be délicieux, he thought, as he looked at the lawyer who’d dropped him home two weeks before, instead of at the police station like he’d originally threatened. Priest was as put together now, at three in the morning, as he had been that afternoon in the alley. Suited up in a tailored navy number that framed his broad shoulders and emphasized the rich color of his hair, he looked sharp, controlled, and dangerous to Julien’s already unstable state of mind as he stood there sizing him up with an unreadable expression.

“I’m curious,” Priest finally said, as he clasped his hands behind his back and took a step closer to the cell where Julien had spent most of the night sobering up. “Did you not understand me the last time we spoke?”

Julien clenched his jaw and wondered if Priest realized how condescending he sounded when he spoke—or just how much it turned Julien on. “Non. I understood just fine.”

“Then what part of ‘I won’t be so lenient next time’ made you think that calling me to bail you out of here was a good idea?” Julien was still trying to work that out himself, but thought it might have something to do with the fact that he was drawn to this man. There was something about Priest that made him feel alive, when all he’d felt for months now was dead inside.

When Julien didn’t respond, Priest cocked his head, studying him closely, the disapproval rolling off him in waves. “Are you that hard up for a date that this was the only way you could think to get one?”

Putain, the man was arrogant. But for reasons Julien couldn’t explain, that seemed to make him all the more appealing. “You’re the one who gave me your card the last time we met. Perhaps it’s you who are hard up for a date, monsieur. Giving your number out to—”

“Criminals?” Priest frowned. “No. That’s called smart business acumen, considering I’m a criminal attorney.”

Julien scoffed. “I’m hardly a criminal.”

“Really?” Priest said, and took his time examining the six-by-eight space Julien currently stood in. He then leaned forward and said in a lowered voice, “Your current situation tells a different kind of story.”

Despite his “current situation,” and the reason he’d gotten himself into it, Julien felt his lips curve, and he realized exactly why he was drawn to Priest. He possessed the one thing that Julien had been looking for—the ability to take his mind off the black hole his life had become. “Maybe it’s le destin.”

“And what does that mean? Destiny?” Priest straightened and brought his arm around to check the time. “I doubt destiny has anything to do with it. A more likely scenario is that I was your only option.”

“Even if that’s true,” Julien said as he wrapped his fingers around the bars, “you came anyway.”

“As I said before, it’s my job.”

“At three in the morning?”

“At any hour of the morning,” Priest said, and then looked down the hallway that was devoid of anything other than dreary off-white tiles and horribly bright fluorescent lighting. “I’m going to go and see if I can get you out, and then you and I are going to have a talk.”

Something about the way Priest said you and I made Julien’s pulse race, and as Priest went to walk away, Julien whispered, “J’ai vraiment hâte,” and the ever-so-serious lawyer stopped in his tracks and looked back. This time when those eyes roamed over Julien, his breath caught. There was nothing cool about that stare now. There was heat, interest, and an intensity that made Julien’s fingers tighten around the bars before Priest cut the connection and walked away.

Julien watched him go until he disappeared around the end of the hall, and then he released his breath on a rush. Merde. He’d never been so attracted to someone in all his life, and as he stood there waiting for Priest to save him yet again, Julien knew he needed to stop what he was thinking. There was no way in hell he deserved someone like that. Non, no way at all. That didn’t, however, stop him from counting down the minutes until Priest returned to him…

Julien-AN.jpg

Download today or read FREE in Kindle Unlimited!

Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2LYB8Wq

Amazon Universal: http://mybook.to/ConfessionsJulien

Add to GoodReads: https://bit.ly/2HKj17D

Julien (Confessions #2)Julien by Ella Frank
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is book #2, in the Confessions series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. To avoid spoilers, and have a better understanding of the series, I recommend reading this series in order.

Julien has past that still haunts him. The family parts, the career decisions, and more. Now, with his relationships with Priest & Robbie this year may have a silver lining in it. Now, if only he can find it before he loses all that he has gained.

This book moves quickly. The story is so compelling, both with the relationships and the pain from before that must be overcome. I love watching these characters come together and learn to be in sync. I cannot wait to see the next installment about Priest!

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review.

Julien-Teaser1-AN

Start the series with Confessions: Robbie today!

Amazon US:http://amzn.to/2HdQ7IU

Amazon Universal: http://mybook.to/confessionsrobbie

Add To Goodreads: http://bit.ly/2EWp3Aq

EllaFrank.jpg

About Ella:

Ella Frank is the USA Today Bestselling author of the Temptation series, including Try, Take, and Trust and is the co-author of the fan-favorite contemporary romance, Sex Addict. Her Exquisite series has been praised as “scorching hot!” and “enticingly sexy!” Some of her favorite authors include Tiffany Reisz, Kresley Cole, Riley Hart, J.R. Ward, Erika Wilde, Gena Showalter, and Carly Phillips.

Connect with Ella:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ella.frank.31/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/EllaFrank2012

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ellafrank1/

Mailing List: www.bit.ly/1hEYtgn

Website: https://www.ellafrank.com/portfolio

review 2018-05-23 10:10
Review Tour - One Baby Daddy

"What are you doing now that your team is out of the running for the Stanley Cup?"

Forget. I need to forget.

I need an escape.

Only one person isn't falling for my reputation as the NHL's Golden Boy; she captured my attention the minute she called me out for snooping through my best friend's house. She didn't want to hear my reason--she only wanted to playfully give me a hard time.

Adalyn is bold, sassy--and the perfect escape. She's everywhere. In town and in my dreams, and suddenly I need to spend every waking moment with her.

And I do, making this summer the best off-season I've ever had. But in the midst of getting lost in Adalyn, what I don't expect is to get her pregnant. And what I definitely don't expect is having to fight for her affection.

Purchase Links:

Amazon ~ Amazon UK ~ Amazon AU ~ Amazon CA

EXCERPT :

“Would you mind zipping up the back of my dress?” She walks toward me, her flowery scent floating in my direction, spiking my yearning into overdrive.

“Uh, yeah . . . sure.”

She turns around, and looks over her shoulder. The back of her dress is completely open, the zipper undone to just above the curve of her beautifully round ass.
Shit, all that smooth, tan skin, covered by nothing but the velvety fabric of the dress. Is she wearing underwear? She’s not wearing a bra and I see no panty line.

Clearing my throat, I ask, “Are you wearing underwear, Adalyn?”

From over her shoulder, she smiles shyly. “Yes, it’s small though.”

Of course it is. Why wouldn’t it be?

Not being able to stop myself, I take a second to float my fingertips up her spine. From the initial touch, her back arches and a small gasp releases from her lips, but before I can think about stopping, she melts into my touch. Stepping closer, I place my hand on the back of her hip, my thumb pressing into her ass while the other hand explores the bare expanse of her back. Her head falls to my shoulder. Her lips part, and when I snake to the front of her dress, her breath hitches.

Eyes closed, I take in ragged breaths, my fingers inching closer and closer to her front, my cock painfully hard.

It’s been so goddamn long—and being with Adalyn has only spurred on my need—but I want to make sure we’re in a good place before we commit to anything. I want to make sure she’s ready emotionally because the minute I bury myself deep inside her, I know there will be no turning back. She will be mine forever.

But maybe for now, I can just have a little touch . . .

My cock pressed against her butt, she expertly grinds her backside into me, her hands moving to my neck, pulling my head down to hers. I kiss the side of her neck, using the hand that’s gripping her hips to guide her with her grinding in just the right place.
Fuck, that feels good.

I grunt, the sound vibrating over her sleek neck. My hand on her stomach, she arches wanting more of my touch, silently asking me to move north.

And I fucking comply. Inch by slow inch, I guide my hand to just below her breasts. When I halt my pursuit, a displeased groan escapes her.

“Hayden, please.”

I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to find the willpower. Her fingernails dig into my scalp, spurring me on as she turns her head and finds my lips.

She kisses me.

Hot.

Wet.

Needy.

Her lips gliding across mine, her tongue diving into my mouth, her moans are vocal and sexy. Her delicious ass, pressing, grinding, undulating against my rock-hard cock makes me want to do so much more, makes me want to taste so much more.

Moving my hand higher, my fingertips graze the bottom of her breast. Soft. Round. Smooth. I caress her right below her nipple, never touching, just teasing . . . tempting.

One Baby DaddyOne Baby Daddy by Meghan Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is #3, in the Dating By Numbers series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment and understanding, I recommend reading these in order.

Hayden meets Adalyn at a mutual friends party. The attraction to her attributes is instantaneous. Only he is not allowed to act on it - unless he wants to lose his oldest friend.

Adalyn is sassy and sexy, and her quick wit is very attractive. She is surprised to find she enjoys talking with the hockey player she is meeting for the first time. While surprises seem to be the name of the summer, she is not sure what to do when the next big thing hits.

This book was so full of emotion! I loved what a great installment this was for the series. The characters were sarcastic, hot, and really funny. I enjoyed this story right down to the last page.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Born in New York and raised in Southern California, Meghan has grown into a sassy, peanut butter eating, blonde haired swearing, animal hoarding lady. She is known to bust out and dance if “It’s Raining Men” starts beating through the air and heaven forbid you get a margarita in her, protect your legs because they may be humped.

Once she started commuting for an hour and twenty minutes every day to work for three years, she began to have conversations play in her head, real life, deep male voices and dainty lady coos kind of conversations. Perturbed and confused, she decided to either see a therapist about the hot and steamy voices running through her head or start writing them down. She decided to go with the cheaper option and started writing… enter her first novel, Caught Looking.

Now you can find the spicy, most definitely on the border of lunacy, kind of crazy lady residing in Colorado with the love of her life and her five, furry four legged children, hiking a trail or hiding behind shelves at grocery stores, wondering what kind of lube the nervous stranger will bring home to his wife. Oh and she loves a good boob squeeze!

Facebook | Follow on Goodreads | Website | Amazon Author Page