logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: fantasy-general
Load new posts () and activity
review 2016-10-05 15:59
Lumberjanes #30
Lumberjanes #30 - Leyh Kat,Carey Pietsch,Shannon Watters

5 Stars, Buy it

And with this issue, I’m all caught up! The rest of the girls set out to try to rescue Mal and Ripley. Great issue and it leaves us all on a cliff hanger. I have to wait another month for another issue? NNOOOOOO!!! The writing is still fantastic, I can’t get enough of the characters, really like the story line. Great series.

Amazon Description: Mal and Ripley are MISSING?!

Rosie- head of camp. Constantly calls Jen Jane. Very cool.

Diane- girl from another cabin at the camp, black hair Apparently the sister of Jo.

review 2016-10-04 16:39
Lumberjanes #29
Lumberjanes #29 - Leyh Kat,Carey Pietsch,Shannon Watters

5 Stars, Buy it

Ripley and Mal get into a boat load of trouble after haircuts. April and Diane nearly kill each other they are so angry with each other. Very good issue.

Amazon Description: Diane is back at camp and the Roanokes...don’t really know how to feel about that, especially when they discover a camper has been turned to stone!

review 2016-10-04 16:14
Lumberjanes #28
Lumberjanes #28 - Myra Hild,Leyh Kat,Shannon Waters

4 Stars, Buy it

Magical kittens save the day. Barney becomes a lumberjane and Diane returns. Overall a  good issue. Not spectacular but good fun and entertaining. I’ll be interested to see where this goes in the next issue.

Amazon Description: (W) Shannon Watters, Kat Leyh (A) Ayme Sotuyo (CA) Kat Leyh. The Roanoke cabin have a heart-to-heart with the Zodiac cabin before going to save the High Council.

review 2016-09-30 16:26
Lumberjanes #25: KITTIES!
Lumberjanes #25 - Leyh Kat,Shannon Watters,Laura Lewis,Chynna Clugston Flores,Brooke Allen

5 Stars, buy it

Just when I got used to the other artist, the old artist returns.  Suddenly there is a cat problem. A mystical cat problem.  A Seriously funny cat problem. But this issue ends abrubtly and there is another story following it with a guest artist who I don’t think is very good.  I only skimmed the second story but from what I did read it was good. However the usual shenanigans which makes Lumberjanes so completely kick ass were missing. Over all a good issue. I’ll still give this 5 stars. But I want more of the possessed kitties story line!

Amazon description:  Oversized anniversary issue, and artist Brooke Allen returns! The High Council is coming to camp and Jen is determined to make everything perfect, even though a storm is brewing and kittens are suddenly getting magical powers. Includes a special back-up story by Chynna Clugston-Flores (Blue Monday) and Laura Lewis.

review 2016-09-29 14:34
Lumberjanes #24
Lumberjanes #24 - Leyh Kat,Carey Pietsch,Shannon Watters

5 Stars, Buy it

I love the kiss between Molly and Mal. They make such a great couple. And I love how it’s no big deal to anyone. This is a great finally to the story arc.  I love the selkies and I love how it ended with everyone making up.  Onward to the next story arc.  Love me some Lumberjanes!

Quotes: “I”m not attacking, I’m Ripley!”

Amazon Description: The Lumberjanes wrap up their adventure with Seafarin’ Karen and Molly gains a greater understanding of shapeshifters.