logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: favorites
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-08-18 21:38
WILDFIRE BY: ILONA ANDREWS
Wildfire - Ilona Andrews
fangirling

Ilona Andrews books are pure magic! Everything they come out with only makes me want MORE. And the Hidden Legacy series is no exception. Here is yet another vast urban fantasy world that I could live in forever and never tire of.

Not only does the world have me completely enamored, but the characters are so fabulous too! Obviously I am over the moon for Nevada and Mad Rogan, they are top ships undisputedly. But I am also completely in love with the whole Baylor family. The way they always have each other's backs, the way the tease each other, and that's not even touching on the fact that they each have really interesting magical talents that I feel like we only just touched on. If I had one wish right now it would be to get more books from each of the Baylor family members! I NEED MORE!

for the love of

PLEASE PUBLISH MORE HIDDEN LEGACY BOOKS!

give it to me
review 2017-08-12 23:25
Review: The Long and Winding Road (Bear, Otter, and the Kid #4) by T.J. Klune
The Long and Winding Road - T.J. Klune

Oh man, this was wonderful. Perfect. I love all these people so much.

Thank you TJ for this amazing family. This family that started with Bear, Otter & the Kid.

Roads can diverge.

It’s tough but true.

It’ll be okay. In the end.

So you’ll go one way.

And we’ll go another.

Maybe one day we’ll meet again.

But even if we don’t, remember this:

We have lived.

We have loved.

We have lost.

But we’re standing.

For all that we are, we’re still standing.

Definitely a series I will be revisiting... Beginning with the audio. Funny how that works, even when reading this book, Sean Crisden's voice for Bear's verbal diarrhea is what I heard. Some narrators are just ingrained with the character.

*HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Axios: A Spartan Tale - Jaclyn Osborn

~~
My warrior. My lover. My heart. ~
~~

After reading this a week ago, I still can't let this story go.

Few books were able to gut me. And this was one of them. It hurt unbelievabely. And searching for matching pictures just added to the pain.

I’ve never watched the TV series Spartacus but going through some pictures I ran into Andy Whitfield.

And doesn’t he make the most perfect Eryx?? Understanding that he lost the battle of cancer in 2011 makes me bawl like a baby.

Being that this is the most EPIC love story I have read til now, no way am I able to write a worthy review. I do want to post some amazing pictures of these brave Spartacan men with quotes.

~~~~~~

”For as long as there is breath in my lungs, I will love you. Only you. And even when I leave this world, I will still belong to you, for my soul will forever seek yous. In both this life and the next.”

~~ Axios

review SPOILER ALERT! 2017-07-31 06:24
Book review : queens of geek Jen Wilde
Queens of Geek - Jen Marie Wilde

July 26- 29

When BFFs Charlie, Taylor and Jamie go to SupaCon, they know it’s going to be a blast. What they don’t expect is for it to change their lives forever.

Charlie likes to stand out. SupaCon is her chance to show fans she’s over her public breakup with co-star, Reese Ryan. When Alyssa Huntington arrives as a surprise guest, it seems Charlie’s long-time crush on her isn’t as one-sided as she thought.

While Charlie dodges questions about her personal life, Taylor starts asking questions about her own.

Taylor likes to blend in. Her brain is wired differently, making her fear change. And there’s one thing in her life she knows will never change: her friendship with Jamie—no matter how much she may secretly want it to. But when she hears about the Queen Firestone SupaFan Contest, she starts to rethink her rules on playing it safe.

Review : I loved this book it was a perfect summer read for a geeky girl like me this book is about Charlie , Taylor and Jamie they are all going to Supacon cause there all geeky people Charlie she is a youtuber and actress and is promoting her film . Taylor who i really related to cause she has social anxiety . This book was really cute with moments of Jamie flirting with Taylor and taylor blushing right away I found so cute . Taylor and Jamie end up not being able to meet taylor's favorite author but Jamie tells Taylor about this contest but she doesn't want to enter cause of her anxiety until she meets Josie a girl with autism and Taylor decides to run . Charlie wants to avoid to asshole ex boyfriend and there is this girl she really likes who is also a youtuber they end up filming a colab and end up kissing and then they plan to have a date . Charlie's ex boyfriend ends up telling taylor the only way she's become a writer is if she sleeps with someone and he ends up punching Jamie this guy is an asshole . Charlie does this live action thing for her movie and Taylor and Jamie end up Joining in the maze and Taylor and Jamie kiss I was so happy for them but Taylor freaked out Jamie thought he was pressuring her but she wanted to kiss him . Charlie and Alyssa's kiss gets leaked and she's freaking out and Alyssa doesn't want to hide the relationship so Charlie makes a speech and her and Alyssa talk . Jamie and Taylor end up being able to go to the party and Taylor meets her favorite author this was such a cute book I loved it .
Quotes:
That's what we do. We walk a tightrope every day. Getting out the door is a tightrope. Going grocery shopping is a tightrope. Socializing is a tightrope. Things that most people consider to be normal, daily parts of life are the very things we fear and struggle with the most, and yet here we are, moving forward anyway. That's not weak.”

“My bottom lip starts to quiver, but I keep going. “I fight every day, and too many times it’s just not enough and the fear wins. I’m so fucking weak and everything is so fucking intense and sometimes I really hate it.” I gasp, covering my mouth with my hands as the tears pour out of me. I didn’t mean to say all that. I feel exposed. Tears fill her eyes, too. “Can I hug you?” I nod, unable to speak. She walks around the table and hugs me.”