logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: fiction
Load new posts () and activity
review 2022-07-02 14:36
Naked In Death - J.D Robb
Naked in Death - J.D. Robb
I read book #43, so I figured I should read the first.
So glad I did! Eve Dallas is a badass character! I knew that this book would be a thrill but had no idea how much I would like it.
The author has a great way of telling the story. It flows easily, reads easily, and though you think you have it all figured out it still surprises you. What more do you want in a mystery/thriller? The pace of the plot is intense. I can see why this series is such a hit having only read the two books. I can't wait to read more!
I want to add that this book takes place in the future. Like, I had no idea when I read the other book when it was set to be honest. I'm pleasantly surprised, since it feels so now.
I think the romance between Eve and Roarke is something special too! I know this is a mystery book but man it's a great love story too! I was rooting for this dude. Just saying.
If you haven't read any of this series, what the heck are you waiting for?!

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2022/07/naked-in-death-jd-robb-29.html
review 2022-06-16 00:42
If The Fates Allow - Rainbow Rowell

I don't know what I was expecting when I saw a Jell-O mold on the cover and read the title, but it wasn't what I got. Probably a good thing though.
This is a COVID romance of sorts. We are living in this unusual new normal time and the story was appropriate for the events with wit added to it. I actually laughed out loud three or four times. There were moments that were cute, and moments that stuck home.
I really appreciate the authors' writing. She just has a way of telling a story that makes a reader want to hear it. This little story was no exception! I also loved how she incorporated her own surroundings in the story. I haven't read a story with a Nebraska backdrop before. It was cool for me. I like to armchair travel.
Anyway if you haven't read anything by this author, which I highly doubt, start with this little ditty. You will enjoy it too!
Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2022/06/if-fates-allow-rainbow-rowell-27.html
review 2022-06-15 03:43
Horrorstor - Grady Hendrix
Horrorstör: A Novel - Grady Hendrix

I've been wanting to read this, and I have owned it for a long time, so I am not sure why I waited forever. It's one of those books that every blogger I know loved it, so I wondered about the hype.....
Now I need more from this author!
What a cool story, but more than that, sorry to anyone thinking they will ever compete with IKEA.
Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2022/06/horrorstor-grady-hendrix-26.html
review 2022-05-28 18:17
From Twinkle With Love - Sandhya Menon
From Twinkle, with Love - Sandhya Menon

I just finished From Twinkle With Love, and man, that last chapter has me choked up!
This story is a rom-com readers delight!
It has every element that you would ever hope for in a story. The characters have you hung on every word on the pages. The plot has you rooting and cheering along. The twists leave you in awe, and the romance leaves you breathless.
Such a sweet, and clean love story.
How I love this writer and the stories I have read. She is definitely a favorite now, and now on my auto-buy list!
If you have read anything by her yet, I urge you to do so.
Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2022/05/from-twinkle-with-love-sandhya-menon-25.html
review 2022-05-25 14:35
The Good Liar - Catherine McKenzie
The Good Liar - Catherine McKenzie
When I saw this on sale at Amazon, I grabbed a copy.
I'm glad I did. It's one of my favorites by her, even though I only gave it the rating that I did. Listen, the first 50 pages were kind of confusing. It didn't pick up the pace until about halfway through, and then it got super intense. It was the last bit of the book that really captured me and had me loving the story. It's one of those stories that if you don't keep reading, you may lose interest in though. The story just melds together so seamlessly, once you get to that intense point in the book.
The good liar is right. She even had me convinced.
Grab this one. It's decent. Push through if you think it's weird, confusing or boring. Just do it!

Source: www.fredasvoice.com/2022/05/the-good-liar-catherine-mckenzie-24.html