logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: game-play
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-05-31 15:38
Pocket Apocalypse by Seanan McGuire
Pocket Apocalypse: InCryptid, Book Four - Seanan McGuire

I really do love this series, although this was the weakest so far. I think that Aeslin mice are one of the most inspired creations in urban fantasy, and they were used to significant effect here, which was by far the most enjoyable part of the book.

Overall, I am lukewarm on Alex, who was the main character of this book - I much prefer Verity, and I am quite excited for the focus on Antimony in the next book. And Alex's love interest, Shelby, is a likeable character, but her family is almost universally ugh-worthy.

review 2016-10-15 02:17
ARC REVIEW: HOW TO PLAY THE GAME OF LOVE (LADIES OF PASSION) BY HARMONY WILLIAMS
How to Play the Game of Love - Harmony Williams

READ AND REVIEW

HOW TO PLAY THE GAME OF LOVE (LADIES OF PASSION) BY HARMONY WILLIAMS

Release Date:  October 17, 2016

SYNOPSIS

He’s everything she thinks she doesn’t want.

When Miss Rose Wellesley’s father threatens an arranged marriage, she knows she'd better settle on a choice quickly or end up having no say in who she marries. Fortunately, she's garnered a rare invitation to Lady Dunlop's "Week of Love" house party, an annual affair notorious for matchmaking. Her plans to expedite a proposal would go smoothly if not for the brash younger sister she must chaperone, her outspoken, disagreeable best friend, and the bullish Lord Hartfell who seems determined to dog her every step.

Lord Hartfell embodies every last thing Rose dislikes in a man. He’s domineering, tenacious, argumentative, and a little too casual with his nudity for her tastes. Worst of all, Rose can't seem to get him—or his kisses—out of her mind.

Rose is determined to find a more appropriate husband, even if her heart disagrees with how unsuitable the stubborn lord is…

BUY LINKS

Amazon         B & N         Google Play Books       IBooks        Kobo

REVIEW:  HOW TO PLAY THE GAME OF LOVE (LADIES OF PASSION) BY HARMONY WILLIAMS

How to Play the Game of Love (Ladies of Passion, #1)How to Play the Game of Love by Harmony Williams

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Harmony Williams and her cast of eccentric characters make for an amusing read. Told from Rose's point of view the reader is provided a glimpse into the heart of an independent minded women and her odd but lovable friends and family. Torn between what is expected of her and what she expects of herself, she has to decide what's more important. Listening to her heart or following the rules. Add in the mercurial chemistry between Rose and the wickedly frustrating Lord Hartfell and let the drama begin. I was more enamored of the secondary characters than the romance between Hartfell and Rose.

review 2016-09-28 00:00
How to Play the Game of Love
How to Play the Game of Love - Harmony Williams ARC Review: How to Play the Game of Love (Ladies of Passion) by Harmony Williams

review 2016-03-14 15:20
Play My Game
Play My Game: A Stark Ever After e-novella - J. Kenner

The Characters:

Damien Stark
Nikki Stark

The Story:

This is our first peek into married life for Nikki and Damien. They seem to be settling in well. Damine is the king of romance, Nikki is so fortunate. A lot of this center’s around Valentine’s Day, Nikki and Damien’s first together. They have been through so much I forget they haven’t been together all that long. As usual these two are very sweet and thoughtful in their gift giving.

The Random Thoughts:

4 Stars

review 2015-12-10 00:00
Game Play
Game Play - Tina Collins Game Play - Tina Collins Reviewed By Rabia Tanveer for Readers’ Favorite

Game Play by Tina Collins is a collection of short erotic stories that will boggle your mind. The people who read my reviews know that I am a total romance nut case, so a chance to read a collection of steamy stories was heaven for me. But I was in for a surprise. These stories are more than just romance, boy meets girl, girl meets boy, they fall in love, they do the horizontal hump and they live happily ever after. Each and every story is different and offers a different face of romance.

Every single story is unique and many of them will surprise you. I, for one, was not expecting “A Forgotten Love” to end like this. It was strange, yet unusual and interesting. And boy, was “Dying Embers” a great surprise. Some of these stories have to do with BDSM or a type of BDSM and, surprisingly, it did not make me squeamish because I try my level best to avoid that genre.

Each story had its own setting and each of them had its atmosphere. There is a sense of freedom in them, even though some of them are not what we call happy endings. These stories are dark, different, and very entertaining. Regardless to say, they had my attention and I love this about the book. These stories are short and snappy. The dialogues are crisp, to the point, and very invigorating. If you are looking for something heart pounding and sizzling, this is for you.