Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: giveaway
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-03-18 07:10
Blog Tour w/Review - Virgin Territory

Practice Makes Perfect

Patrick “Patch” Donnelly has what it takes to be the best goalie in the NHL…if only he could learn to control his temper. When Coach orders him to get his head in the game with private yoga classes, Patch isn’t having it. There’s no way this tough Boston guy would be caught dead downward dog-ing his way to inner peace. But if he refuses, he risks his starting position and the dream he sacrificed everything for, including joining the priesthood.

Yoga instructor Margot Kowalski is over men. After yet another toxic relationship, she’s eager to forget love and focus on growing her business. Doing the Hellions head coach a favor by helping out a troubled player can’t hurt, and it might give her career a high-profile boost. But free-spirited Margot is soon charming the pants off Patch. Literally. Her sassy combination of sweet and sexy proves irresistible to the goalie. Before Patch can give into temptation though, he’ll have to confess his biggest secret:

He’s a virgin.

But Patch is hiding more than sexual inexperience, and his dark past soon threatens to destroy his shot at true love.

About the Book:

Virgin Territory by Lia Riley

Series: Hellions Angels

Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance

Publisher: Avon Impulse

Publication Date: March 6, 2018

Amazon  |  Avon Romance  |  Barnes & Noble  |  Google Play  |  iBooks

Margot stood on tiptoe, both hands clutching the front of his t-shirt, and kissed him full on the mouth. Their ragged breaths mingled a moment. He tasted the brown sugar in her lipgloss before she broke free, pressing a quick second kiss to the tip of his nose.

“Go to bed,” she whispered, clearing her throat and stepping back. “And have a great game tomorrow.”

It took every last shred of Patch’s willpower not to close the space again, to consume her. “There’s something else you should know.”

“I’m not going to get a lick of sleep if you leave.”

“If I stay, you won’t sleep either,” she shot back, shrugging into her jacket.

“I’ll take those odds.”

She shook her head slowly as if with reluctance. “I’ve got to fold. “Goodnight.”

He took her hand and held it between his own. Her skin was cooler than his. He didn’t like that. He wanted to tuck her against him, warm her up. “Do me a favor and call when you get home. I want to know you got back safe, especially driving on that spare.”

“It’s been a long time since anyone has cared if I got home,” she said with a smile.

“Careful, you might be turning into a gentleman.”

“Don’t get carried away. The things that I want to do to you are far from gentlemanly,” he said in a husky tone.

She rocked her head back and unleashed a frustrated moan. “Quit leading me into temptation. I’m trying to respect your virtue here.”

“My virtue can take a long jump off a short fucking bridge.”

“That might be. But . . .if we end up taking that jump. I want it to be special. That’s important. I want you to feel special.”

Blood rushed to his ears. “Funny, I feel the same way about you.”

“Then we’re in agreement and I’m leaving.” A wicked gleam entered her gaze. “But while you wait for my call, slip into something more comfortable.”

“Nothing at all.”

She blew a kiss, pirouetted, and was gone.

From VIRGIN TERRITORY.  Used with permission of Avon Impulse. Copyright © 2018 by Lia Riley.

Virgin Territory (Hellions Angels, #3)Virgin Territory by Lia Riley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is book #3, in the Hellions Angels series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. To avoid spoilers, and understand the series, I recommend reading this great series in order.

Patrick AKA "Patch" is an amazing hockey player. He also has a temper. This time it may cost him all he holds dear, unless he is willing to meet a certain sexy female in the middle.

Margot is more than willing to help Patch learn the yoga secrets that can help him stay calm. What she doesn't know is in around her he is anything but calm. If she can reach him on another level, she can save his whole career.

This book was amazing! The emotions felt so real. I loved their banter. The pace of the book was nice and steady. The heat and sexy times felt like the author just turned up the thermostat - cause it was HOT!

***This book was given in exchange for an honest review only by its publisher and Edelweiss.

Check out Lia Riley's Pinterest board for VIRGIN TERRITORY!

Tour Wide Giveaway:

To celebrate the release of VIRGIN TERRITORY, we’re giving away five paperback copies of HEAD COACH by Lia Riley!

GIVEAWAY TERMS & CONDITIONS:  Open to US shipping addresses only. Five winners will each receive a paperback copy of Head Coach by Lia Riley.  This giveaway is administered by Pure Textuality PR on behalf of Avon Romance.  Giveaway ends 3/18/2018 @ 11:59pm EST. Avon Romance will send the winning copies out to the winner directly. Limit one entry per reader and mailing address.  Duplicates will be deleted.  CLICK HERE TO ENTER!

About Lia Riley:

After studying at the University of Montana-Missoula, Lia Riley scoured the world armed only with a backpack, overconfidence and a terrible sense of direction. She counts shooting vodka with a Ukranian mechanic in Antarctica, sipping yerba mate with gauchos in Chile and swilling fourex with stationhands in Outback Australia among her accomplishments.

Author Links

website facebook twitter goodreads Amazon icon

This post is brought to you by:

PTPR New Logo - Email 2

review 2018-03-12 07:10
Blog Tour w/Review - Off Campus Set-Up
Title: Off-Campus Setup
Author: Maria Vickers
Genre: M/M College Romance
Release Date: March 7, 2018
Levi Cox left it all behind to go to school in California, but nothing could prepare him for what he discovers when he gets there. Between the university screwing up his living arrangements, the weird meddling old woman who runs the boarding house, and the fellow student who instantly catches his eye, life in Cali is more than he expected, and he isn’t sure he’s ready for any of it. College was supposed to be an adventure, but this might be more than Levi can handle.
Nathan Orion wants to have fun. That’s what he lives for and it's exactly what his college years are supposed to be about. He’s happy with living the single life and being carefree…that is until the new student at his grandmother’s boarding house crashes into his life. Now he’s been recruited to show the new guy around, and if Nathan has his way, it won't be just on-campus.
Will there be more, or is this only an illusion? Two men thrown together, not expecting anything, but possibly finding so much more than an off-campus setup.
“This book was very enjoyable!” - Under Covers Book Blog
“Such a fantastic book!” - Goodreads Review
“If you love M/M stories, you will love this one.” - Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
I remembered everything very clearly. The first time we met, our first kiss, the first time we were discovered in the same bed by a nosey grandmother with bright yellow hair, and then the fallout when I realized everything was nothing more than a wishful fantasy that was never supposed to come true.
And now I as scanned this room to make sure nothing got left behind, I realized how much I’d changed and how far I’d come. My imaginary world exploded, leaving me shell shocked and pissed off.
This wasn’t the first time I’d fallen prey to feelings, wasn’t the first time I’d been hurt, but it would be the last.
I took a step out of the room and closed the door behind me. This part of my life was now over, and a new one had just begun.
Life as I knew it had disappeared. Poof. Gone without a trace. And any other of those sayings people tended to overuse.
It was my own fault really. I should have expected it, should have seen it coming, but I hadn’t. And now everything had changed. Good or bad. I didn’t know yet. Should I be thanking her or blaming her? Both maybe?
As I closed the door on the small space I’d called my bedroom for the past few years, I realized for the first time I didn’t know what I was going to do or what would happen tomorrow…and oddly enough, that thrilled me.
Off-Campus SetupOff-Campus Setup by Maria Vickers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Levi is finally getting to pursue his dream. He has arrived at college with a plan. Until he finds he may not be able to live where he thought. Now he has to hurry or go back home.

Nathan knows it is time to grow up. He has not looked forward to living the life his parents have chosen. He wants to choose his future. When he and Levi crash into one another it is a jaw dropping, eye opener. Will the secrets come out and change the course?

Sweet and tender, this story starts out slow and picks up steam. These characters are learning to become the young adults they know they can be. What they find is they can be stronger as a team. Navigating emotions are always hard, it helps to have someone in your corner.

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review.

Maria Vickers currently lives in St. Louis, MO with her pug, Spencer Tracy. She has always had a passion for writing and after she became disabled in 2010, she decided to use writing as her escape. She believes that life is about what you make of it. You have to live it to the fullest no matter the circumstances.
From a young age, she has always loved books and even dreamed of being an author when she was younger. Growing up in the Navy, she used to weave tales for her siblings and her friends about anything and everything. And when she wasn't creating her own stories, she had a book in her hand. They transported her to another world. She hopes that with her books, her readers have the same experience and that they can relate to her characters.
Getting sick changed her life forever, but it also opened doors for her that she thought would always be out of reach.
review 2018-03-09 07:15
Publisher:  Self-Published
Heat Level: 4 - Lots of Sex
Pairing: Male/Male
Length: 7 hrs and 44 mins
Genre: Romance, Erotica, Bisexual, humor, San Francisco, May to December romance

Add to Goodreads

<!-- [if gte mso 9]> <![endif]-->

<!-- [if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE <![endif]--><!-- [if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!-- [if gte mso 10]> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} <![endif]-->

Nick Jorgensen is a quirky genius. He's made a fortune in the competitive high tech field with his quick mind and attention to detail. He believes in hard work and trusting his gut. And he believes in karma. It’s the only thing that makes sense. People are difficult, but numbers never lie. In the disastrous wake of a broken engagement to an investor’s daughter, Nick is more certain than ever he isn’t relationship material.
Wes Conrad owns a thriving winery in Napa Valley. The relaxed atmosphere is a welcome departure from his former career as a high-rolling businessman. Wes’s laid-back nature is laced with a fierceness that appeals to Nick. In spite of his best intention to steer clear of complications, Nick can’t fight his growing attraction to the sexy older man who seems to understand him. Even the broken parts he doesn’t get himself. However, when Wes’s past collides with Nick’s present, both men will have to have to decide if they’re ready to lean into the ultimate fall.

Listen to an audio excerpt & purchase at Audible

Meet the Author:

Lane Hayes is grateful to finally be doing what she loves best. Writing full-time! It’s no secret Lane loves a good romance novel. An avid reader from an early age, she has always been drawn to well-told love story with beautifully written characters. These days she prefers the leading roles to both be men. Lane discovered the M/M genre a few years ago and was instantly hooked. Her debut novel was a 2013 Rainbow Award finalist and subsequent books have received Honorable Mentions, and were winners in the 2016 Rainbow Awards. She loves red wine, chocolate and travel (in no particular order). Lane lives in Southern California with her amazing husband in an almost empty nest.

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

Leaning Into the Fall (Leaning Into, #3)Leaning Into the Fall by Lane Hayes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is book #3, in the Leaning Into series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. To avoid spoilers, and to better understand the series, I recommend reading it in order.

Nick is a tech genius, who tends to forget everything when he is making better things happen in the lab. For real life and relationships - he does not do so well. In the middle of a deal with a deadline, he is hoping for a miracle. Hoping he can still trust those closes to him.

Wes owns an amazing winery where Nick purchased some wine. They meet when Nick goes to the winery, and unexpectedly has the worst run of luck he has had in some time. Despite all the animosity and attraction crackling in the air, Wes does his best to be kind to Nick.

This story actually surprised me. I was not a big fan of Nick's character after reading the first couple books int he series. His story made me understand him, and why he does what he does better. The flow and pace seem to go along well. The characters make a great couple. The narrator made some odd pronounciations that caught me off guard, but otherwise had a very pleasant voice.

***This copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

Meet the Narrator:

Nick is an award winning narrator with a fan following for his work in fiction, specifically in the romance genre. His performances in two of Amy Lane's books, Beneath the Stain and Christmas Kitsch, made him the recipient of Sinfully M/M Book Review's Narrator of the Year - 2015. When he's not in the booth, Nick enjoys spending time with his wife, Jessica, and kids, (aka their beagle Frank and cat Stella), drumming in his cover band, exploring rural back roads with his wife on his motorcycle, or being enthralled in a tabletop role playing game with his friends.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

The Unquiet Daughter

Danielle Flood

Paperback, 388 pages
Published September 1st 2016 by Piscataqua Press

ISBN: 1944393188 (ISBN13: 9781944393182)

I had read The Quiet American, a while a go, and was quite intrigued when I read the description of this book. The author did her homework/research for this memoir, so there were a lot of description of what was happening in Vietnam when her mom, father, and stepfather were living there. Having a not so wonderful childhood, and parents who either did not communicate well or outright lied to her, I could feel her struggle in trying to figure out who she was and where she belonged. The research Flood has done of her mother's background, as well as that of her biological and stepdad's, gave a lot of insight as to what was lost to her in her formative years. Many of us have a lot more from our parents as we grow up. I did enjoy reading this memoir. At times, I felt as if the author's need for positive attention from her mom and for a relationship with her biological dad came across as a childlike "I want, I want" flare up. I wasn't sure how much of that came from the upbringing she had.

***This copy was received from the Author through a Goodreads Giveaway in exchange for a fair review***

review 2018-02-23 07:10
Review Tour - Cross Stroke
Title: Cross Stroke
Series: On the Edge #1
Author: Elizabeth Hartey
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance
Release Date: January 16, 2018
Publisher: Limitless Publishing
One night left my heart shattered and my reputation ruined, and now my only hope is to transfer to another university far from home. Although I’m a champion figure skater and am used to succeeding, I can’t dump the burden of distrust and intimacy I’m carrying.
But when I literally crash into the cocky captain of the hockey team, sparks fly, and the attraction is as undeniable as it is unwanted.
No way is this arrogant hottie the one to help me move past my fears. Or is he…?
Overwhelmed with guilt and remorse, I can’t forget the tragic accident that killed my first love. To avoid ever feeling that kind of agonizing loss again, I vow to stick with one-night stands with every puck bunny who glides my way and focus on keeping my position on the hockey team.
But after I meet a feisty figure skater and am then thrown together with her as a lab partner, I find I want to melt the icy walls we’ve built around our hearts.
If we don’t strangle each other first.
Cross Stroke Playlist - YouTube
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The courage to be responsible for someone’s life and happiness again is something I lack in a big way. In the end, being responsible for someone else’s life and happiness is what a real relationship is all about. Being with the one special person you want feels great…most of the time. However, if something goes wrong, it can be decimating for both people. Once you cross the relationship line, both people possess the power to destroy each other. I know what it’s like to be bulldozed by love. I can’t risk it again. But did I already cross the line by kissing her the way I did? Because she’s all I think about, all I see when I close my eyes. I don’t get this.
I thought I loved Abbey with all my heart. I thought we would be together for the rest of our lives. I guess we were. I just didn’t know the rest of Abbey’s life would be so short. But if all those emotions for Abbey were real, how can I be feeling what I’m feeling for Trace now? She’s so different than Abbey. I’m consumed by the guilty feeling that if Abbey had lived, in time I might’ve fallen out of love with her and destroyed her in a different way.
We were both young. I’m not exactly ancient now, but three or four years in time and experience in college can make a world of difference. I’m a different guy than I was when I was a freshman, learned a lot about life and love. That doesn’t mean I know for sure what the future holds and I don’t want to do anything to Trace to hurt her somewhere down the road. She deserves way better than me.
See what I mean about relationships? I’m a perfect example. A few months ago, I had figured out how to live my life on my terms: hockey, school, surfing, the casual hook up with the next consenting hot girl to come my way. Now I’m a f…ed up mess trying to figure out what I’m feeling for Trace. She deserves more than this guarded, emotional wreck.
Cross Stroke (On the Edge, #1)Cross Stroke by Elizabeth Hartey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Tracey & Dak literally run into one another. She is starting over, since her chance at happiness was ruined at the last school she attended. This time, she plans to keep to herself and study.

Dak is immediately attracted to Tracey. They have a lot in common. The both love to skate, hate to be considered anything but the best, and both want to be the boss.

This story starts your heart pumping right from the very first chapter. The characters have excellent banter, heat, and ton of competition thrown in. I loved how fun and easy this story was to read. I never wanted to put it down. I simply cannot wait for the next book in the On The Edge series.

***This early copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

As a lover of the northeast US, Elizabeth moved with her husband to the Poconos several years ago to open a Chiropractic Clinic. Four children and a menagerie of animals later, she has finally found time to fulfill her lifelong dream of writing novels. The wild ride of writing books is one of the most difficult things she’s ever done in her life. But the opportunity to get her stories out of her head and down on paper and send them out into the world is also one of the most wonderful things she’s ever done. A dreamer at heart, romance is the genre she spends most of her time writing and reading into the wee hours of the morning. And having readers fall in love with her characters as much as she does is almost as exciting as giving birth (just not as painful!) When not juggling work responsibilities and writing, she enjoys spending time with her family, hiking the beautiful hills and woods around her home, swimming, knitting, watching old classic movies and traveling.