logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: giveaway
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-03-24 07:15
Blog Tour w/Review - Hard Justice

HARD JUSTICE - header banner

NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author Lori Foster returns with the second installment in her explosive new series featuring sexy bodyguards who’ll do anything to protect the ones they love.

HARD JUSTICE - cover

Grab your copy of HARD JUSTICE here!

Amazon Kindle Barnes & Noble * Nook Book Depository

GooglePlay *iBooksBAM * Kobo * IndieBound

About HARD JUSTICE:

Playing it safe has never felt so dangerous…

Justice Wallington knows how to harness his strength and intimidating size—skills he put to good use first in the MMA cage, and now as a bodyguard at the Body Armor agency. But no opponent has ever left him feeling as off balance as his new client, heiress Fallon Wade. Far from a spoiled princess, she’s sweet and intriguingly innocent. It’s a risk-free assignment, until he’s required to fake a relationship with her in order to blend in.

Sheltered from the world after a family tragedy, Fallon longs to experience life—going to bars, dancing, talking to strangers. Not easy with a huge, lethal-looking bodyguard shadowing her every move. Justice seems like her polar opposite, but pretending to be a couple stirs undeniable heat. And when danger strikes again, it’s not just her safety in jeopardy, but a passion that’s real, raw and absolutely against the rules…

Hard Justice (Body Armor, #2)Hard Justice by Lori Foster
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the 2nd book in the Body Armor series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment, unerstanding, & to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Justice is to guard Fallon as she attempts to feel more like a normal adult. Her parents shelter her after a stressful loss. Now she must learn to find her way in the world.

Fallon is trying to be a better adult. She knows she must forge her way, but it is not until she meets Justice that she learns being a woman has more to it. He is hotter than any other man in her life. Could he ever want her?

This was a great addition to the series. I loved their banter. The pace & mystery in the story make it exciting and hard to put down. Warning! Hot men are inside! I loved this and cannot wait for the next book in the series to come out.

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review only.

UNDER PRESSURE - banner

And don’t miss the first book in the Body Armor Series!

Amazon * Kindle * Barnes & Noble * Nook * Book Depository

GooglePlay * iBooksBAM Kobo * IndieBound

***If you missed my review of UNDER PRESSURE, you can CLICK HERE to read**

HARD JUSTICE - RDL teaser 1

a Rafflecopter giveaway

And the Link: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/share-code/OTE3MmMxYTA5NWI0YjhkMjZkNWU0YzM1M2E1YzU2OjM2NA==/

Lori Foster’s HARD JUSTICE – Review & Excerpt Tour Schedule:

review 2017-03-23 07:05
Release Week Blitz - Hard Justice

HARD JUSTICE - header banner

HARD JUSTICE - cover

Grab your copy of HARD JUSTICE here!

Amazon Kindle Barnes & Noble * Nook Book Depository

GooglePlay *iBooksBAM * Kobo * IndieBound

About HARD JUSTICE:

Playing it safe has never felt so dangerous…

UNDER PRESSURE - banner

And don’t miss the first book in the Body Armor Series!

Amazon * Kindle * Barnes & Noble * Nook * Book Depository

GooglePlay *iBooksBAM Kobo * IndieBound

Under Pressure (Body Armor, #1)Under Pressure by Lori Foster
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Leese meets his new charge under less than perfect circumstances. He can see why she needs protection. He just wants her to trust he will keep her safe. Even when it gets ugly.

Catalina has been surviving on her own, and does not feel she needs help. Those that are after her are beyond reach, so what is the point. Now, some hot time, that she could use. There is more to this than just security.

This book was an excellent start to a new series! I loved the characters. How strong the female lead is, how sassy. She knows what she wants. I am surprised the pages did not melt. The book is HOT! This author always gives us her best. I cannot wait to read the next book in the Body Armor series.

HARD JUSTICE - Now Available 1

RAFFLECOPTER GIVEAWAY:

Lori Foster - Author photo

About Lori Foster:

LORI FOSTER is a New York Times, USA TODAY and Publishers Weekly bestselling author of more than 55 titles, beloved for her contemporary romance novels revolving around alpha males and the women they fall for. Lori has been a recipient of the prestigious RT Book Reviews Career Achievement Award for Series Romantic Fantasy, and for Contemporary Romance. For more about Lori, visit her website at LoriFoster.com, or check out these online locations where she interacts with readers: Facebook.com/LoriFoster, Twitter.com/LoriLFoster, Goodreads and Pinterest.com/lorilfoster. You can also sign up for her monthly newsletter at LoriFoster.com/Newsletter.

WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | GOODREADS | PINTEREST | YOUTUBE

InkSlinger PR Blogger banner

review 2017-03-13 21:03
Early ARC Review: Lover Claimed (Dark Wolf Enterprises #2) by A.M. Griffin ~ Giveaway/Excerpt
Lover Claimed - A.M. Griffin

March 14, 2017
 eBook
 152
 ARC Review Copy

When Meisha comes home and finds a strange man in her kitchen, she does what any sensible person would do. She beats the crap out of him first, then asks questions after. When he explains her best friend is in mortal danger, Meisha knows the whole mess—including a recent murder and the threats on her friend’s life—may be her fault, and she’s determined to get to the bottom of it. And no sexy stranger is going to stop her.

Lajos Farkas isn’t expecting to meet a spitfire, martial artist when he’s on a mission to figure out who’s stealing from Dark Wolf Enterprises, and he certainly doesn’t expect her to insist on butting in on his investigation. But getting rid of Meisha is seemingly impossible, and when his wolf decides she’s his life-mate, suddenly he realizes he’ll do anything to keep her close and grow old with her.

If they can just stay alive long enough to make that possible.

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

Lover Claimed is book two in the Dark Wolf Enterprises series by A.M. Griffin. It takes place during the same time period as book one, Shifter Claimed, only with a different brother Lajos.

We are treated to embezzlement and murder. Action and adventure.

The story gives a little recap of what took place at the beginning of Shifter Claimed; before the brothers split up. Lajos, ends up having Meisha, Trudy’s best friend tag a long. She doesn’t need a man to save her and he’s never run across a women, like Meisha, one that makes his Wolf stir.

Lajos and Meisha both have dominant personalities and are both strong willed. I liked that Meisha can kick butt and is dedicated to protecting her family, which includes Trudy. Lajos is the same way. He will protect his family and pack. These two where good together. I liked the banter and how Meisha kicked Lajos butt in one scene. Oh my, what fun!

I enjoyed that we don’t have the instant imprinting that we got in book one. Here these two spend more time together and it’s not until around 60% in that they fall in bed and the imprinting happens.

Lover Claimed was a wonderful read. It’s fun, feisty, and entertaining. Giving us a little intrigue, humor, and sizzle.

Rated: 4 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Totally Entwined with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): New Release | Pick Your Genre (PNR) (2017)

Lover Claimed Excerpt

Since the man lying on her kitchen floor had been so brazen about his break-in, it meant only one thing. All her threats to the people in her apartment complex were starting to fall on deaf ears. She needed to take this punk out into the courtyard and give the neighbors a reminder as to why they should leave her and her stuff alone.

She squinted at her captive. He was big, too big for her to drag out the door, down the stairs and into the courtyard.

Roll him?

Piper went back up to his face and swung a leg that looked as if it couldn’t support her fat body over the intruder’s neck, straddling him, trying to hump him to death. “Make sure you keep that up. When I get him out in public you can embarrass him all you want.”

Her burglar frowned and groaned. “Pft. Get off me, dog.” He tried to move his arms. Meisha smiled. She had tied them behind his back. His eyes flew open in panic.

Meisha pushed Piper aside just in case she needed to knock him out again. As soon as Piper was out of his way, the intruder landed his eyes on her.

She was right. His eyes were pretty. Light brown with a hint of gold speckles.

He squinted, his glare focused on her. “Untie me,” he ground out.

Meisha glared at him. “No.”

The color of his eyes flashed from brown to green.

She leaned closer to get a better look. “Holy shit, how did you change the color of your eyes? Is that some kind of trick?”

“I don’t want to hurt you,” he warned, ignoring her question.

Meisha raised an eyebrow and chuckled. “Really? You? Hurt me?” There was no way he was getting out of the bindings. When she’d first moved to the US from Japan, her mother had told her that she wanted her only daughter to experience a normal American childhood like she had. That meant enrolling Meisha into the Girl Scouts. Thanks to that organization, she’d learned to tie a wicked knot.

The intruder grunted. His face turned red as he tugged at his bindings.

Meisha nodded at his arms. “If you haven’t noticed, you’re all tied up. I could do whatever my little heart desires to you.”

The side of his mouth quirked up. “And tell me, love. What does your heart desire?” His voice had dropped an octave.

She caught her breath. The dimple in his cheek was…cute. Her heart fluttered. She scooted away from him. That was what she needed—distance.

Shifter Claimed

My Review

$20 Amazon Gift card March 13 – April 13, 2017

a Rafflecopter giveaway

A. M. Griffin is a wife who rarely cooks, mother of three, dog owner (and sometimes dog owned), a daughter, sister, aunt and friend. She’s a hard worker whose two favorite outlets are reading and writing. She enjoys reading everything from mystery novels to historical romances and of course fantasy romance. She is a believer in the unbelievable, open to all possibilities from mermaids in our oceans and seas, angels in the skies and intelligent life forms in distant galaxies.

Website – Amazon Page – Facebook – Goodreads – Twitter – Instagram: amgriffinbooks

Subscribe my newsletter for updates giveaways here

Email: amgriffinbooks@gmail.com

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/03/arc-review-lover-claimed-dark-wolf-enterprises-2-by-a-m-griffin
review 2017-03-10 15:45

eBook/Paperback
 320
 Edelweiss

Brotherhood. Club. Family.

They live and ride by their own rules.

These are the Raven Riders . . .

Raven Riders Motorcycle Club President Dare Kenyon rides hard and values loyalty above all else. He’ll do anything to protect the brotherhood of bikers—the only family he’s got—as well as those who can’t defend themselves. So when mistrustful Haven Randall lands on the club’s doorstep scared that she’s being hunted, Dare takes her in, swears to keep her safe, and pushes to learn the secrets overshadowing her pretty smile.

Haven fled from years of abuse at the hands of her criminal father and is suspicious of any man’s promises, including those of the darkly sexy and overwhelmingly intense Ravens’ leader. But as the powerful attraction between them flares to life, Dare pushes her boundaries and tempts her to want things she never thought she could.

The past never dies without a fight, but Dare Kenyon’s never backed down before . . .

Goodreads

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

iBooks

Book Depository

This is my first Laura Kaye experience. I’ve had Ms. Kaye on my TBR since she came out with her PNR series Hearts of the Anemoi and of course I added the Hard Ink and Raven Riders to my TBR pile. Yes, I bought the Hearts of the Anemoi series, all of them, and meant to read, but of course I got distracted, so I’m diving into her MC Contemporary Romance.

Ride Hard is book one in the Raven Riders series by Laura Kaye. It is a spin-off from her Hard Inkseries. The Raven Riders series can be read as a standalone and you don’t have to read the Hard Inkseries to dive in.

Even though I did’t read the Hard Ink series I was just fine picking this up. Yes, the guys from Hard Inkmake appearances, which of course if you haven’t read them it makes you want to read their stories and for fans who love the Hard Ink guys, it will be a treat to see them again.

Raven Riders MC President Dare is honorable, loyal, gruff, and alpha sexy. Haven is shy and has lived a very sheltered life. She and her best friend Cora, have taken shelter with the Raven Riders. Haven brings out Dare’s protective instincts even more then they already are. This story is full of sexual tension between our leads. These two were sweet. They had several endearing moments together, but they also had some very steamy moments.

What I liked about Ride Hard was the introduction to all the characters. The guys of the Raven Riders MC are all so scrumptiously delicious and intriguing. I also love that the MC is on the up and up and not a 1% MC, which is the bad kind. These guys have a great mission and what they do is awesome. I love how they are dedicated to helping those who can’t protect themselves.

What I had trouble with in this story is that it moved a little slowly at times and I didn’t fall head over heels in love with Haven. She felt too innocent, too shy, and I didn’t connect well with her.

All and all I enjoyed Ride Hard and the introduction into the Raven Riders. I had a delightful time reading this story. If you love a slow burning romance and MC romance, then you should give Ride Hard a try.

Rated: 3.5 Stars

*Disclaimer: I received a complimentary copy provided by Avon via Edelweiss with the sole purpose of an honest review. All thoughts, comments and ratings are my own.

Challenge(s): New To Me (Author/Series) | Pick Your Genre (Con) | Backlist Reader (2017)

HARD AS STEEL now available
RIDE HARD now available
RIDE ROUGH coming April 25th, 2017
RIDE WILD coming October 31st, 2017

“So much better out here,” Haven said, the night air cool against the tingling warmth of her skin. Although she was pretty sure that not all of the heat burning through her insides was from the alcohol—her unusual flirtatiousness and closeness to Dare over the past half hour had made her desperate with a heat that had nothing to do with her drinking game.

She walked to the railing and leaned against it, chuckling a little at herself for needing the support it offered. She felt so damn free, and it was a heady, exhilarating thing.

“What’s funny?” Dare asked, settling a hip against the railing right beside her. Arms crossed, jaw ticking with tension, dark eyes blazing, he was staring at her like he wanted to reprimand her or devour her. Oddly, neither alarmed her the way she would’ve expected it to.

Haven shook her head, leaning it back and letting her gaze float over the night sky. Blurry points of light swam in the moonlit heavens. It was beautiful and peaceful despite the pounding bass beat of music thumping from inside the clubhouse. “Not funny, just good. Happy, you know? Being able to do something a little . . . scary, but knowing I’d be safe doing it.” When Dare’s gaze narrowed, she shrugged. “I don’t know.”

A long moment passed before Dare finally spoke. “You are safe here, Haven. Never doubt it.”

Peering up at him, she nodded, all kinds of words sitting on the tip of her tongue, challenging her to let them fly. “It’s weird feeling safe—or at least safer—after a lifetime of not. It makes me want to try things I could never let myself try before. It makes me . . .” She shook her head and dipped her chin.

Dare stepped closer, his thighs coming up against her hip. He lifted her chin and made her look at him. The contact combined with the command in the gesture lanced white-hot desire through her veins. “Makes you what?”

“Want to feel alive,” she whispered, her heart suddenly racing in her chest.

Dare’s jaw ticked again as his gaze swept over her face. She didn’t think she was imagining the raw emotion pouring off of him and wrapping around her, but she wasn’t sure if she was reading that emotion right or projecting her own desire onto him.

“Do you feel alive, Dare?” she asked, the alcohol flowing through her and the night spinning around her like she was walking through a dream.

“Jesus,” he bit out.

The rough desperation in his voice made her wet between her legs. “Just once,” she whispered, not sure what she was asking him for.

But he seemed to know. Because his hand was suddenly tangled in her hair and his mouth was suddenly on hers, claiming, probing, tasting.

Haven moaned and parted her lips, inviting him deeper.

Dare jerked back from her, his fingers rubbing roughly over his lips. “Fuck, I’m sorry.”

On instinct, Haven’s body pursued his, pinning his back to the railing. “Please don’t stop,” she said as her hands gripped his shoulders. She had the strongest urge to climb him, to wrap her legs around him, to grind against the hard bulge pressing electrically against her belly.

“Please,” she whispered, tilting her mouth toward his. “I liked it.”

Dare’s hand cupped the back of her head. “You’re killing me.”

“Dare,” she said, her body restless against his.

In a move that sent the world spinning, he flipped them around so that she was the one pinned against the railing. He pushed his legs between hers and leaned down over her, forcing her to arch her back, to yield, to open to him. “Tell me what you want from me. Say the words,” he said, his eyes absolutely on fire.

Her heart was a runaway train in her chest, frantic and picking up speed. The thought of giving voice to her desires was terrifying and thrilling and dizzying all at once.

“I want your mouth,” she said. The words sounded odder out loud than they had in her head, but they were more accurate than asking him to kiss her—because her mouth wasn’t the only place she wanted his.

“Jesus,” he rasped again, his mouth coming down on hers once more.

The whimper she released was part relief, part anticipation. It had been so long since she’d kissed someone that she felt a little uncertain, but Dare’s intensity barely allowed her the capacity to worry about it. He was like a dark storm bearing down on her, relentless, magnetic, all-consuming.

Rough callouses from his hands scratched against her cheeks as he guided her. Hard breaths spilled over her lips, and the wet slide of his tongue tasted like whiskey and desire and man. Her hands found the soft length of his hair, and her breasts pushed against the hard plane of his chest.

Then her lips were freed as his mouth slid over her skin—exploring her cheek, her jaw, her ear, her neck. He hiked her up to sit on the wide railing, the move surprising a gasp out of her, especially as he crowded the space between her legs, pushing himself closer, bringing his erection against the place between her legs craving friction, hardness, so much more of him. Maybe even all of him.

One strong arm wrapped around her back and held her steady, while the other hand stroked her hair, her face, her breast. The soft groans and breathy grunts spilling out of him were delicious and thrilling, and bolstered her confidence that she wasn’t the only one losing herself in this moment, in these touches. She almost couldn’t believe this was happening, and part of her was certain she must be dreaming. Because Haven Randall didn’t have beautiful things in her life. At least, never before.

$10 Amazon or Barnes and Noble Gift Card for 3 winners

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Laura is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of thirty books in contemporary and erotic romance and romantic suspense, including the Hard Ink, Raven Riders, and Blasphemy series. Growing up, Laura’s large extended family believed in the supernatural, and family lore involving angels, ghosts, and evil-eye curses cemented in Laura a life-long fascination with storytelling and all things paranormal. She lives in Maryland with her husband and two daughters, and appreciates her view of the Chesapeake Bay every day.

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Newsletter SignUp

Brought to you by:

Facebook Twitter Google+

Source: angelsguiltypleasures.com/2017/03/arc-review-ride-hard-raven-riders-1-by-laura-kaye
review 2017-03-10 07:05

Publisher: Forever

Mass Market: $7.99 USD

eBook: $5.99 USD

Add to Goodreads

A second chance for romance...

Hidden in Graystone Manor is a book containing all the dark secrets of Harmony Harbor, and Ava DiRossi is determined to find it. No one—especially not her ex-husband, Griffin Gallagher—can ever discover what really tore her life apart all those years ago. With Griffin back in town, it's more important than ever that she find the book before someone else does. Because her ex is still angry with her for leaving him. And he still has no idea Ava never stopped loving him...

Ava is no longer the vibrant, happy woman Griffin had once loved and married, and he would do anything to bring back the sparkle to her brilliant green eyes. But what's never changed are the sexy sparks of attraction between Ava and Griffin, and he won't give her up again without a fight. He knows there's the real possibility of a future together...if the truth doesn't burn the bridge between them forever.

BUY THE BOOK HERE:

7. Hello—Adele

8. Someone Like You—Adele

9. One Call Away—Charlie Puth

10. Sailing—Christopher Cross

Spotify Link: https://play.spotify.com/user/foreverromance/playlist/51cmxSo1nwZjOY5gIZZr2E

THE HARMONY HARBOR SERIES:

MISTLETOE COTTAGE, #1

CHRISTMAS WITH AN ANGEL, #1.5

STARLIGHT BRIDGE, #2

PRIMROSE LANE, #3

Series Page on Goodreads

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:

Debbie Mason is the USA Today bestselling author of the Christmas, Colorado and Harmony Harbor series. Her books have been praised for their "likable characters, clever dialogue and juicy plots" (RT Book Reviews). When she isn't writing or reading, Debbie enjoys spending time with her very own real-life hero, three wonderful children, two adorable grandbabies, and a yappy Yorkie named Bella in Ontario, Canada.

Website ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest ~ Goodreads