logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: giveaway
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-10-15 11:00
Blog Tour with Excerpt, Giveaway & Review! Bad Blood (Bad Duology #1) Shyla Colt!

Bad Blood

Book Description:

A reluctant knight

A magical descendant

A race against time

A freak accident thrusts Nakeeta Alva into a dangerous world of secrets, ancient spells, and a legacy she never wanted. The last in a magical line, she’s tasked with restoring the balance to a supernatural world poised for ruin.

Tasked with the care of their savior, Crewe’s main focus is survival. Used to giving orders, the knight isn’t prepared for the sassy witch’s mouth or her lure. The powerful woman reminded him of his humanity and challenged his beliefs.

Keeping her safe is his mission, but the real danger may be losing his heart.

Together, they will save the world … or die trying.

The first book in the Bad duology is a thrilling supernatural read. Keeta and Crewe easily draw readers into their story where readers find themselves engrossed in a fast paced plot that is full of intriguing elements and a world that is different from most other books.

The romance is full of suspense, action and passion as Crewe sets out to train Keeta for the part she plays in a prophecy to restore balance to the new world that she has been thrust into. The attraction that they try to deny steadily grows the more connected they become but both are a bit unsure where it will lead which keeps the emotional turmoil high as it piles onto the danger they face, the secrets that are revealed and a legacy that Keeta never wanted. There is never a dull moment to be found throughout the story as it starts off with adrenaline filled event and continues with lots of action and suspenseful events as their enemies try to stop them and betrayals and surprises keep the couple on their toes. The story concludes with a very exhilarating battle but readers should know that it doesn’t end there as the battle will continue in the next book where the characters set off to find the others that involved in the restoring the balance and I am looking forward to finding out what happens next.

Author’s Book Page – http://www.shylacolt.net/bad-blood

Add to your shelves –

Goodreads – https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/41063720-bad-blood

BookBub – https://www.bookbub.com/books/bad-blood-by-shyla-colt

Bad Blood is the first book in the Bad Duology!

Bad Moon coming soon

AVAILABLE in print or ebook –

Amazon – http://smarturl.it/BadBloodColt

Kobo - http://smarturl.it/Badbloodkobo

iBooks - http://smarturl.it/BadBloodIbooks

B&N - http://smarturl.it/BadBloodBN

The crack of thunder, proceeded by a bright flash of lighting, drew her attention from the words that swam on the yellowed pages in front of her. Her skin prickled. Hairs begin to rise, and she shifted in her seat. “This storm is wrong.” She whispered. There was power building up behind the weather or perhaps causing it.

She stood and walked from the table, pressing her nose to the cold glass like a child. “Who knows we’re here?” Nervous energy added to her anxiety. Clouds raced over the sky, blocking out the full moon. A slash of lighting exploded, turning the clouds an eerie neon green. Swirling fog crept over the grounds.

“Wrong in what way?” Crewe joined her to watch the abnormal display.

“It’s unnatural? Can’t you feel it?” She opened their link, letting her emotions bleed into his.

He tensed. “Are we under attack?”

“I’m not sure.” The words felt like a lie. People didn’t work this kind of magic for shits and giggles.

“I’m not taking a chance. Let’s get to a more secure location.”

She smiled sadly. “There’s no place you can hide from magic. It’s specific like that. Standing your ground, and hoping you have enough magic to equal or overpower the other person is all you have. Focus. This is no novice.” Lighting struck the ground close to the castle. She twitched. It struck again closer, turning up the ground. A wind tunnel began to form. The base as dark as night.

“They’re calling me out.”

“Who?”

The evil feeling of black magic crawled up her spine. She knew the signature well.

“Genevieve. The Priestess.”

“Can you defeat her?”

“Before? No. Now.” She shrugged. “It’s hard to say. Why are you looking for me?”

“She must know who you truly are.”

“If she did. She never would’ve let me go.” She rubbed her arms to counter the chill setting in.

“How did you escape her the first time?”

She bowed her head. “I found a suitable replacement. I seduced a witch with latent powers, gave her a place to belong, and showed her all the pretty things that came along with the coven. Once, she was hooked, I was freed.” Her throat swelled. “I’m not proud of what I did—.”

“But we all do what we must to survive.”

Saline blurred her vision as she nodded. A boom went off directly above the house. The rumble seemed to shake the ground.

“She won’t stop.”

“You can’t mean to go out there.”

“I have to.” Her gut pulled her toward the front door. She turned, and the hem of her deep pink dress skimmed her toes. Better to remain barefoot, so she could tap into the earth's energy. Unlike tears before, she felt no fear. Calm descended over her as she made the long trek through the castle at a leisurely pace. Let her wait.

She no longer owns you. The voice inside enhanced her confidence and helped snap the lingering chains that held her tight to the way things once were. Once you’d given your submission to a person, it was hard as hell to take it back completely.

Crewe trailed behind her, brooding and apprehensive. It wasn’t in his blood to remain on the sidelines. He wanted to be in the thick of it, defending her. Her heart swelled. They reached the front door, and she turned to face him. Placing her hands on his chest, she looked up. “I know you’ll want to help, but this fight is mine.”

“If you’re hurt—.”

“All I’m asking you to do is be backup. Not the front line.”

His jaw clenched, and he nodded. He brought his hand up to his wrist, sank his fangs in and brought it to her lips. “Drink.”

She latched on to the sweet nectar and sucked it down in greedy mouthfuls. His power charged her like a battery. The wound healed and she pulled back, licking her lips. Centering herself, she used her power to push the heavy door open and stepped into the howling winds, head held high. Her feet padded along the wet stone as she moved toward the grassy knoll where a figure stood in a black dress, shrouded by darkness. She knew all the intimidation tactics, so she dismissed them. Genevie might be using the same old tricks, but she had a new bag of them to unleash.

Shield lifted, she flinched at the lighting strikes raining down on either side of her. The ground shook under the onslaught. She stumbled as the earth rocked, but never fell. Using her newly gained speed, would be giving away her hand. For now, she’d play the role to gather as much information as possible. Genevie threw back her hood and scowled. Her slender oval-shaped face was every bit as flawless as she remembered. No wrinkle dare mare her forehead or around her deepest black eyes. Full lips painted black turned down. Her eyebrows drew together as she looked at her with disgust.

“What do you want Genevie? Our business was concluded long ago.”

“And yet, I hear you of all the beings on this planet are the key to a revolution. I knew I shouldn’t have let you go. Of course, once I have your blood, there’s nowhere you could hide that I wouldn’t find you.”

“Here I stand in plain sight.” Keeta held up her arms.

“Do you think your vampire will help you?”

She smirked. “I don’t need him.”

Genevie blinked. “Bold. Have you forgotten who I am?”

“No. I’ve discovered who I am.”

“This is our chance to rule. The vampires are unstable. Soon the wolves will turn on one another to determine pack hierarchy. It’s the opening we’ve been waiting for. Humans will be the ones to hide in the shadows.”

“And you think witches, who mostly strive to keep the balance will be on board for this? The darkness needs the light to exist. What do you suppose would happen if you removed one?”

TOUR GIVEAWAY

$25 Amazon GC

www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/ba112ffc1809

ABOUT SHYLA COLT:

Shyla Colt is the sassy USA Today Bestselling author of the popular series Kings of Chaos and Dueling Devils M.C. This genre-hoppers stories feature three of her favorite things: strong females, pop culture, and alternate routes to happy ever after. Listening to her Romani soul, she pens from the heart, allowing the dynamic characters, eccentric interests, and travels as a former flight attendant to take her down untraveled roads.

Born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio, this mid-west girl is proud of her roots. She used her hometown and the surrounding areas as a backdrop for a number of books. So, if you're a Buckeye, keep an eye out for familiar places.

As a full-time writer, stay at home mother, and wife, there's never a dull moment in her household.

She weaves her tales in spare moments and the evenings with a cup of coffee or tea at her side and the characters in her head for company.

You can interact with Shyla Colt online

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shylacolt/

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5034494.Shyla_Colt

review 2018-09-28 14:01
Blog Tour w/Review - Got It Bad

In USA Today bestseller Christi Barth’s last Bad Boys Gone Good novel, the brother who’s always followed the rules finally gets to be a little bad.

Kellan Maguire was a semester away from becoming a lawyer when his life imploded. Now he’s in Witness Protection, hiding from the mob and mad as hell that his brothers lied to him about, oh, everything. The only bright spot in his new life is their drop-dead-gorgeous U.S. Marshal handler. Yeah, he wants to handle her… a lot.

Federal Marshal Delaney Evans has protected her fair share of dangerous criminals. But Kellan is a whole different kind of dangerous—dangerously hot, to be specific. The charming, handsome, and utterly law-abiding Maguire brother got under her skin the moment they met and the more time she spends with him, the harder it is to deny their attraction. Delaney’s willing to give Kellan one night—to get him out of her system—and then it’s over.

Except one night isn’t enough and soon they’re breaking every rule of WITSEC to be together. Kellan’s got it bad for her, but Delaney’s career, her entire life, would fall apart if anyone found out. And then the biggest complication of all hits…

About the Book:

Got It Bad by Christi Barth

Series: Bad Boys Gone Good Series

Genre: Adult, Contemporary Romance,

Publisher: Avon Impulse

Publication Date: September 18, 2018

Purchase Your Copy Today!

Amazon  |  Avon Romance  |  Barnes & Noble  |  Google Play  |  iBooks

“You have my word.”

“Great. The word of an almost lawyer,” Delaney said mockingly. “That and twelve dollars will buy me a martini.”

Then she instantly regretted pushing his buttons. It was habit. It was fun.

It was dangerous.

One thick, dark eyebrow winged up, like an arched frame around his stunning ice-blue eye. “First you call me spoiled, and now you’re insulting my near-lawyerness? If I didn’t know better, I’d say the lady doth protest too much.”

“The lady has her hands full dealing with your troublesome brothers. She doesn’t need to waste her energy constantly fending you off, too.”

“I think you do.” Kellan set his cup down.

Delaney gaped at him. Because she’d been oh-so-careful never to give away with so much as a flicker the fact the she was still interested. How could he tell something that Delaney barely admitted to herself? “You think I want to keep fending you off?”

“Yes.” Kellan stepped closer. In fact, he moved in way past what would be polite. Invaded her personal space just as much as he’d been invading her mind. “You like fighting with me. You could ignore my compliments, my flirty remarks. You don’t. You rise to the bait every time. I think you’re every bit as frustrated as I am.”

“You don’t know anything about my life outside the time I spend working on your case.” Heat flashed across her cheeks and chest. And she stepped in, too. To where the tips of her breasts brushed his chest, and her feet bumped against his. “Don’t begin to think you know me.”

“I don’t think. I know. I know that you may have been on dates since you met me. But none of them distracted you from whatever’s simmering between us. You want to turn back the clock to the day I asked you out and follow through on it.”

“I don’t.” Her words were the verbal equivalent of a foot stamp. Then, softer, as if she didn’t mean to speak it out loud at all, Delaney said, “We can’t.”

In response, Kellan framed her face with his hands, tilted her head back more, and kissed her.

Not the light, polite, introduction kiss they’d shared the first time. Delaney had obviously pushed him past that step. Kellan kissed as if he needed her to know just how badly he wanted her. His lips worked across her mouth, moving and kneading. Kellan nipped at her wide bottom lip. It felt like punishment for her making him wait so long

It also felt like a reward for waiting so long, and she rewarded him with a tiny moan.

Delaney’s hands fisted in his thick hair, pulling and tugging. It undoubtedly showed him the insta-heat burning her up inside as much as the way her leg wrapped around his calf.

She wanted more.

His tongue teased at the seam of her lips, and Delaney opened for him like they’d already done this dance a hundred times. She tasted the sweetness lingering from his drink. Desire rocketed through her, turning her nerves to lava. From the way his penis had hardened to pure steel against her belly, Kellan felt the same.

He streaked the backs of his knuckles down the undersides of her raised arms. Kept going to just lightly brush them along the sides of her breasts, her ribs, the flare of her hips to finally land on the curve of her ass.

Kellan dug his fingers in and lifted. Just high enough to press her center against his penis. Instantly, she got on board with the position, rocking against him even as her tongue twined and teased.

It was impossible to stop the little, breathy moans that kept escaping from her. It was impossible not to undulate against his rock hard abs and dig her fingers into the sculpted muscles of his back. Kissing Kellan wasn’t foreplay. It was a sex act all by itself. Utterly satisfying even as it drove her hunger up immeasurably.

And while Delaney would’ve sworn it was impossible, he was a million times better in reality than all the ways she’d fantasized being with him over the past months. Kellan ripped his mouth away to burn a trail of kisses down the side of her neck.

A semi rolled by, and the driver honked for a long time. It had been easy to ignore the white noise of the cars passing, but the horn broke through to Delaney. It reminded her they were on the edge of a green-scummed pond, across from a strip mall. The world could see them making out. And they’d already shot way past a reasonable stopping point.

So she unwound her leg and put her foot back down on the ground. Kellan seemed to get the signal. He dialed back the intensity on his kisses and rained them up the side of her face, down her nose, to end with a light peck on her mouth before easing back. Then he moved his hands to her shoulders.

It took a moment for her eyes to re-open. When they did, it took another moment before Delaney fully focused on him.

“Not only can we kiss,” Kellan said with enough authority to make her realize he wouldn’t allow her to pretend this hadn’t happened. To pretend that she hadn’t just climbed him like a tree and responded with a fervor that matched his own. “We’re absolutely doing it again.”

Got It Bad (Bad Boys Gone Good, #3)Got It Bad by Christi Barth
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book is #3, in the Bad Boys Gone Good series. This book can be read as a standalone novel. To fully understand the series without spoilers, please read this great series in order.

Kellan was forced out of his own life, due to his brother's crimes. Now he has to create a new one. He also has to avoid the woman who helped him start over.

Delaney's attraction to Kellan was instant. The feeling is also mutual. Her career is over if she gives in to it. The heart wants what the heart wants. Hopefully they can find middle ground before this causes them to combust.

This book got so hot so fast! The characters right from the start had fueled the spark that just kept igniting. The lure of the forbidden is always harder to ignore.

***This ARC copy was given in exchange for an honest review by its publishers and Edelweiss.

Tour Wide Giveaway:

To celebrate the release of GOT IT BAD by Christi Barth, we’re giving away three paperback copies of Never Been Good!

GIVEAWAY TERMS & CONDITIONS:  Open to US shipping addresses only. Three winners will each receive a paperback copy of Never Been Good by Christi Barth. This giveaway is administered by Pure Textuality PR on behalf of Avon Romance.  Giveaway ends 9/7/2018 @ 11:59pm EST. Avon Romance will send the winning copies out to the winner directly. Limit one entry per reader and mailing address. Duplicates will be deleted.  CLICK HERE TO ENTER!

About Christi Barth:

USA Today bestseller CHRISTI BARTH earned a Masters degree in vocal performance and embarked upon a career on the stage. A love of romance then drew her to wedding planning. Ultimately she succumbed to her lifelong love of books and now writes award-winning contemporary romance.

Christi can always be found either whipping up gourmet meals (for fun, honest!) or with her nose in a book. She lives in Maryland with the best husband in the world.

Website  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads  |  Amazon

This promotion is brought to you by Pure Textuality PR.

review 2018-09-26 11:00
Blog Tour with Giveaway & 4 STAR Reviews! Black Ridge Wolf Pack Books 1 -4 by Lilli Carlisle!

Omega's Choice
The Black Ridge Wolf Pack Book 1
by Lilli Carlisle
Genre: Paranormal Romance

In a realm of elves, ogres and white witches, where danger is ever-present, Princess Helena Lichtenberg lost her parents at a young age. Raised by her uncle and aunt, Helena values family above all else. Now, as decreed by tradition, it is time to select a mate.

HER ALPHA

Enormous, scarred and scary, Black Ridge Wolf Pack leader Aldric Forst has never drawn the eye of any Omega. Why would he? But, on this, the night of what he swears is his last selection celebration, everything is different. One of those most beautiful, magical and powerful women, the niece of the king and queen themselves, wants him. And Aldric has never wanted anything more in return. No force—no matter how dark, no matter how powerful—will take Helena from him.

Omega’s Choice is a delightfully exciting paranormal romance filled with wolf shifters, witches, orgres and magic. Princess Helena Lichtenberg and Alpha Aldric Frost are two strong, appealing characters that easily draw readers into their story when Helena chooses Aldric to be her alpha mate. The romance is sweet, the passion is stirring and the heat is smoking hot but their relationship has a few obstacles to be overcome along with some emotional vulnerabilities that tugs at reader’s hearts.

The fast paced and smooth flowing plot is full of excitement and danger that gets the adrenaline pumping as Helena and Aldric go up against a dark force that must be stopped, one that attempts to kidnap the Princess and however many Omegas that they can for their evil purposes. I was surprisingly delighted by this story although I can’t help but wish that it had been a bit longer with a bit more fleshing out, but the world is well developed and has several unique elements that makes for a refreshing change and the author did a great job of blending modern and old fashioned elements together, forming a splendid atmosphere for her characters.

Goodreads:

BookBub - https://www.bookbub.com/books/omega-s-choice-the-black-ridge-wolf-pack-book-1-by-lilli-carlisle

Ceva's Chance
The Black Ridge Wolf Pack Book 2

SHROUDED IN DARKNESS...

If it hadn't been for King Leonidas, white witch Ceva would have roamed the earth alone and ostracized. She was a biological accident, and her heritage was a curse she'd carry around for all her days. Now she fights for her king and kingdom, a fierce warrior on a mission to prove she is worthy of the trust and friendship the king has afforded. When she meets Lothar, captain of the Black Ridge Wolf Pack guard, she glimpses a future she never thought possible. But once he knows her truths, he will surely reject her.

ONLY HE CAN SET HER FREE

Lothar had never met anyone like Ceva. Beautiful, fierce, protective and loyal, she would make the perfect mate for any man. Lothar wants to be that man, but Ceva remains elusive. Sure, she flirts, and they dance around each other, but Lothar wants more. When his team joins hers on a dangerous mission, he learns her secrets, which makes her more extraordinary, not the pariah she believes she is. But her past is about to catch up with her, and only his love can save them from certain death.

The second book in the Black Ridge Wolf Pack is thrilling with lots of exciting magical elements that add flair and adrenaline pumping action to the story. Ceva is a powerful white witch with a heritage that makes question whether Lothar, the man of her future, can ever accept her. The relationship between Lothar and Ceva has lots of emotional turmoil, danger and heated passion that singes the pages. These two characters are bold daring and demand readers’ attentions as they take on a dangerous mission that has sensitive repercussions and readers can’t help but feel for these two as their hearts are captured. The plot is fast and smooth flowing with lots of electrifying action that keeps readers hanging on to the edge of their seat with some suspenseful magical battles that are well developed and inspire readers’ imagination.

Goodreads:

BookBub - https://www.bookbub.com/books/ceva-s-chance-black-ridge-wolf-pack-book-2-by-lilli-carlisle

Karli's Resolve
The Black Ridge Wolf Pack Book 3

THIS BOOK CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE NOVEL

The Power of Unity

Twenty-five years ago Karli's parents ripped her away from her home and the men she loved. An omega with gifts worthy of only the most special man, her parents refused to allow her to mate with anyone less than a powerful, wealthy alpha. But at a young age Karli had found her forever in Joseph and Rowl's arms, and she knew she could never love anyone else. After a vicious ogre attack decimated the village where her parent's had hidden her, warriors came to save the wounded pack members. Warriors led by Joseph and Rowl.

Although she had seemed to disappear into thin air, Joseph and Rowl never stopped searching for the woman they loved. When Karli was discovered among the ruins of a small village, the fierce warrior captains couldn't believe their eyes. And once they had found her, they were never going to let her go. But dark forces were at work to separate the triad once again, and this time all their lives were on the line.

Karli, Joseph and Rowl steal readers’ hearts and enthrall them with their story as they take on Karli’s parents in order for to Karli to be able to mate with the men of her heart. These three characters are solid, attractive characters with lots of electrical chemistry that has sparks flying in every direction and the romance is a sweet one with quite a bit of emotional turmoil due to their situation which tugs at the heartstrings even as the heat burns hotter with every page. The fast paced and smooth flowing plot keeps readers turning the pages with a tension building electrical current that comes not only from the chemistry between the triad but also from all the malicious attacks and conniving that torments this couple as they try to find their happily ever after. This captivating story is full of intrigue with a few surprising twists along the way to keep readers guessing.

ADD to your shelves at -

Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/37516346-karli-s-resolve

BookBub - https://www.bookbub.com/books/karli-s-resolve-the-black-ridge-wolf-pack-book-3-by-lilli-carlisle

Laura's Legacy
The Black Ridge Wolf Pack Book 4

A GIFT BOUND BY LOVE

While Laura was attending the annual omega celebration, a ruthless ogre attack destroyed her village and wiped out her family. Heartbroken, lonely, and adrift, she was forced to rely on the kindness of the Black Ridge wolf pack alpha for a home. And so were many others, including members of the small Newton pack, and their handsome, strong alpha, Dedric. One brief interlude was all it took for Laura to know she would choose him as her mate.

Alpha Dedric Newton couldn’t believe his good fortune. Beautiful and powerful, Laura was the omega of his dreams. Worried he had so little to offer, he insists she spend time with his small pack as they rebuild their village and homes. Laura and Dedric’s time in Newton strengthens their bond while evil works to undo all of Laura’s gifts, especially her legacy. After finding the greatest love an alpha could dream of, Dedric will do anything and everything to keep Laura safe from harm.

Laura’s Legacy is a thrilling and fascinating addition to the Black Ridge Wolf Pack series that has strong, wonderful characters and readers can’t but be enthralled with Laura and Dedric’s story. The fast paced plot flows smoothly from beginning to end and is packed full of exciting adrenaline pumping events that has readers holding their breaths in anticipation of will happen next while the romance of the story is sweet, heart tugging and full of red hot passion. Laura and Dedric’s path to happily ever after has some wondrous, magical events, dangerous thrills and evil enemies, so readers can’t stop turning the page and never have a chance to be become bored. And Laura’s Legacy is unique and one that brings about hope and astonishment to the wolves.

Goodreads:

BookBub - https://www.bookbub.com/books/laura-s-legacy-black-ridge-wolf-pack-book-4-by-lilli-carlisle

EXPANDED REVIEW
BLACK RIDGE WOLF PACK SERIES!

Overall, all four books are full of exciting action, thrilling suspense, fascinating magical events, sweet romance, heated passion and some pretty distinctive elements that makes this shifter world a bit different from others and keeps readers intrigued with the well-developed and mesmerizing world. The setting and the atmosphere of the story is creative blend of traditional old world and modern that author has blended seamlessly enough that readers find surprising although, the stories would benefit from being longer as the author could flesh them out a bit, instead trying pack so much into such short amounts of time.

Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/series/207971-black-ridge-wolf-pack

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F1K4K93?ref=series_rw_dp_labf

AVAILABLE in ebook at:

Omega’s Choice

Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072BYT7GK

Boroughs Publishing - http://boroughspublishinggroup.com/books/omegas-choice

Kobo - https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/omega-s-choice

B&N - https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/omegas-choice-lilli-carlisle/1126422749?ean=9781546954163

Ceva’s Chance

Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07541X7JM

Boroughs Publishing - http://boroughspublishinggroup.com/books/cevas-chance

Kobo - https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/ceva-s-chance

B&N - https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/cevas-chance-lilli-carlisle/1127014609?ean=9781974401758

Karli’s Resolve

Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0781GB6RR

Boroughs Publishing – http://boroughspublishinggroup.com/books/karlis-resolve

Kobo - https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/karli-s-resolve

B&N - https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/karlis-resolve-lilli-carlisle/1127622395?ean=9781981561865

Laura’s Legacy

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DYHGSTN

Boroughs Publishing - http://boroughspublishinggroup.com/books/lauras-legacy

Kobo - https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/laura-s-legacy-1

B&N - https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/lauras-legacy-lilli-carlisle/1128944914?ean=9781721828791

$25 Amazon

Lilli Carlisle is a paralegal and author who lives in Ontario, Canada. she is a proud member of the Romance Writers of America and its chapter; the Toronto Romance Writers. More than just an author, Lilli is a dedicated people watcher, lover of romance novels and 80’s rock, who grew up with a love of reading. Lilli is a firm believer in happy endings and that love is meant to be celebrated and shared.
These paranormal romance novels will raise your heart rate and make you believe in love. Enter this fantasy utopia and let yourself experience the anticipation of new love and endless thrills. After all, everybody needs a little romance, excitement, intrigue and passion in their lives.

Website - http://lillicarlislebooks.com/

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/lillicarlisleauthor

Twitter - https://www.twitter.com/lillicarlisle

InstaGram - https://www.instagram.com/lillicarlisle/

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Lilli-Carlisle/e/B0731F3KTN

Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/16877799.Lilli_Carlisle

Boroughs Publishing - http://boroughspublishinggroup.com/authors/lilli-carlisle

BookBub - https://www.bookbub.com/authors/lilli-carlisle

Follow the tour HERE for exclusive content and a giveaway!

review 2018-09-21 11:00
Blog Tour with Excerpt, Giveaway & Release Week Review! Siren's Calling (The Sea King's Daughters #4) Piper J. Drake!

Amae Waters is a mermaid blending in with humankind. Her mission? Prepare the oceans for the return of her people. But a new predator has entered the Puget Sound, defying human understanding, and Amae must face it and darker dangers lurking in the deep.

Available September 18th – Siren’s Calling, The Sea King’s Daughters IV, An urban fantasy novella by Piper J Drake.

Title: Siren’s Calling
Author: Piper J. Drake
Series: The Sea King’s Daughters
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Release Date: September 18, 2018
Publisher: Independent
Print Length: 22,000 words
ASIN: B07FWSWV5T

An urban fantasy novella from Piper J. Drake...

Amae Waters will never live up to her father's expectations--she's not a leader and she's not a solider. Rather than live with his disappointment, she's left his realm and built a life for herself in Seattle, a mermaid blending in with humankind. Her mission? To prepare the oceans for the return of her people. But she's not sure she's cut out to accomplish that either.

A new predator has entered the waters of the Puget Sound, ravaging orcas and leaving their carcasses to wash ashore for humans to find. Whatever is killing them is beyond human understanding and Amae must find it before it irrevocably damages the complex balance of the ocean ecosystems.

But greater danger lurks in the deep. Amae is done evading traps. She'll defend her territory and prove she needn't be a soldier to be a warrior or become the sacrifice used to end her people.

This novella is short but exciting, I love the plot and the author’s underwater world. The characters are strong and fascinating and easily draw the readers into this vivid world and there are lots of thrilling event that keep readers glued to the pages of this fast paced story that flows smoothly throughout Amae’s story as she discovers that she doesn’t have to be a soldier to keep the balance of the ocean ecosystem. The story is an urban fantasy so while the story hints that there might be a romance in the future, the story is more about forming a new friendship when Amae helps a selkie male. I found the story a delightful read, however I do wish that the story had been a bit longer with more details.

Add to your bookshelves at –

Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/41038913-siren-s-calling?from_search=true

Siren’s Calling is the 4th book in The Sea King’s Daughters series

Goodreads – https://www.goodreads.com/series/237157-the-sea-king-s-daughters

Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HFF7H56?ref=series_rw_dp_labf

Look for other stories in this exciting Urban Fantasy series from Philippa Ballantine, Stacia D. Kelly, Lauren Harris, Katee Robert, and Asa Maria Bradley.

1 Siren’s Tide by Philippa Ballantine
2 Siren’s Serenity by Stacia D. Kelly
3 Siren’s Curse by Katee Robert
4 Siren’s Calling by Piper J. Drake
5 Siren’s Surge by Lauren Harris (coming Oct 15, 2018)

AVAILABLE in ebook at –

Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/Sirens-Calling-Kings-Daughters-Book-ebook/dp/B07FWSWV5T/

Excerpt from Siren’s Calling:

I tasted blood in the water.

Changing course with a flick of my tail, I swam against the fast-moving ocean current toward the source. There were no vibrations in the water to indicate the thrashing of a living thing in distress and the seas were quieter than usual. Not surprising, with this much blood carried on the currents. Predators would be drawn to it and prey would be wise to leave the area or hide.

Curious, I’d come to investigate, thinking one of the killer whale pods had taken a baleen whale. It wasn’t unheard of, though it didn’t happen often. A big kill like that would draw plenty of ocean denizens, and I hadn’t tasted whale in a long time. I wouldn’t kill one, not when I couldn't finish consuming it myself and not when so many whale species were endangered, but I wouldn’t let it go to waste, either.

When I didn’t find anything in open water, I’d pulled myself up onto the rocky outcropping between islands and found it. The body. But it wasn’t a humpback or gray whale, not a mink or fin whale, either. It was an orca, a killer whale, and that didn’t make any kind of sense.

Before I could take a closer look, the sound of a powerful motor cut through the morning calls of seabirds. Harbor seals lifted their heads and looked around from where they lay on another rock outcropping. A lone Steller sea lion grunted and scratched his head with a huge hind flipper. He turned to stare at me and I met his gaze, unconcerned. He was a prime specimen of a bull, the largest I’d ever encountered, but he posed no threat to me.

The waves slapped against the rocks around my tail fin in a changed cadence. A boat was approaching, and with it, humans. They were probably whale watching, which meant every one of them would be on the lookout for wildlife. Most of them would have binoculars. I couldn’t let them see me in this form.

I dove back into the water, darting through forests of kelp and berating myself for lingering past dawn. There was too much light and I had to dive deep to be sure nothing on the surface caught sight of even a tail flick from me.

As far as humans were concerned, I didn’t exist. I was a myth, a fairy tale.

If they saw me, they might not even believe what they’d seen. In their dreams or after too many drinks, they might whisper, “Mermaid.”
And they’d be right.

Follow the tour and #enter to #win a Piper J Drake Gift Basket!

Enter at: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/b050ef29572/?

About Piper J. Drake:

Piper J. Drake is a bestselling author of romantic suspense and edgy contemporary romance, a frequent flyer, and day job road warrior. She is often distracted by dogs, cupcakes, and random shenanigans.

Connect with Piper at:

Reese's Review - Spotlight
Teatime and Books - Spotlight
Yearwood La Novela - Spotlight

review 2018-09-20 11:00
Blog Tour with Excerpt, Giveaway & New Release Review! Tempt the Flames (The Smokejumpers #1) Marnee Blake!

Tempt the Flames
The Smokejumpers #1
by Marnee Blake
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Pub Date: 9/11/2018

Someone is bound to get burned…

Meg Buchanan is determined to prove she didn’t get the trainer job in Redmond, Oregon’s rookie smokejumper class because of her family’s long history as firefighters—or out of pity. But if teaching one of her own brothers isn’t challenge enough, she’s shocked to see Lance Roberts in the new class of recruits. Once her brother’s best friend, and her first, unrequited crush, he’s also the son of the man responsible for her dad’s death.

Lance is stunned to realize that this confident redhead is the stubborn girl he once dreamed about. There’s no way he can fall for her now. He needs to focus all his attention on his training—and uncover the truth behind the long-ago fire that killed both their fathers. But as the undeniable heat between them threatens to ignite, someone attempts to put an end to Lance’s amateur sleuthing—and his life…

The Smokejumper series is off to a great start with the first book Tempt the Flames. All the characters are strong, compelling characters that easily draw readers into their story especially the hero and heroine, Meg and Lance. The best friend’s little sister is all grown up and the attraction is hotter than ever, but their romance is on shaky ground due to the emotional issues that stem from the deaths of their fathers, so while their attraction is hot enough to ignite from the beginning, the relationship has a few hurdles to overcome before it blazes to life.

The past causes all the characters emotional strain and the author does a great job of portraying the intense friction as well as the sizzling chemistry between Meg and Lance. The story has a steady to fast paced and smooth flowing plot that keeps readers hanging on to the edge of their seat in anticipation of what will happen as someone tries to keep Lance from learning the truth of that long ago fire. Determining just who the culprit or culprits are is quite difficult as they are several suspects and I have to say that the conclusion to the conflict was quite surprising.

Add Tempt the Flames to your shelves at:

Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/39975473-tempt-the-flames

BookBub - https://www.bookbub.com/books/tempt-the-flames-by-marnee-blake

Tempt the Flames is the 1st book in The Smokejumpers series -

Author - http://marneeblake.com/the-smokejumpers/

Goodreads - https://www.goodreads.com/series/239196-the-smokejumpers

which includes -

1 Tempt the Flames
& 2 Crave the Heat (coming 1-15-19)

AVAILABLE in print or ebook at -

Kensington - http://www.kensingtonbooks.com/book.aspx/36742

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Tempt-Flames-Smokejumpers-Marnee-Blake-ebook/dp/B078LJTYTF/

B&N - https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/tempt-the-flames-marnee-blake/1127723130

Kobo - https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/tempt-the-flames

GPlay - https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Marnee_Blake_Tempt_the_Flames?id=X1NEDwAAQBAJ

iBooks - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/tempt-the-flames/id1329275586?mt=11

eBooks - https://www.ebooks.com/95930897/tempt-the-flames/blake-marnee/

Follow the tour HERE for exclusive content and a giveaway!

Rafflecopter:

Chapter 1

Driving from Bend to the smokejumper base in Redmond, Oregon, was like traveling back in time. It only took a half an hour, but the trip set Meg Buchanan back ten years.

As she pulled into the parking lot of Redmond Air Center, the tires of her Forerunner crunching on the dirt and gravel drive, she repeated the pep talk she’d been giving herself the entire ride.

She had the job. She was officially an assistant trainer and safety instructor for this year’s Redmond smokejumper rookie training.
She wasn’t a firefighter, but she was a physician’s assistant with lots of practical medical knowledge. She was qualified. More importantly, she was a seasoned triathlete. She was in tiptop shape, and she definitely could run some rookies through their paces. Add her willingness to do the job for barely any money and her uncle’s glowing recommendation, and she’d been approved.

That was her mantra. She could do this. She had the skills. She’d been approved.

She refused to accept that she’d been given this job because of her last name.

Sure, Will, her oldest brother, was an active Redmond smokejumper, and Uncle Joe was the base manager. Her middle brother, Hunter, would be in this year’s rookie class. Together, they made a pretty impressive Buchanan family legacy at Redmond.

But, if she’d received preferential treatment, it was because her father’s name—Jason Buchanan—rested on the memorial wall at the base, along with the other firefighters who’d given their lives in sacrifice to this job.
After shifting the truck into park, Meg dropped her hands into her lap and abandoned that train of thought. No use tempting the universe by spilling doubt and negative energy all over it. She had the experience, and she was going to give this job everything she had.

This was her chance.

She’d never been able to become a firefighter like her brothers. After hours of counseling, she couldn’t overcome her paralyzing fear of fire. But, this? She could do this. These rookies were in for the training of their lives.

And she’d finally feel like she was honoring her birthright.

With a deep breath, she checked her reflection in the rearview mirror. She’d pulled her red hair into a low ponytail and applied light makeup. Dressed in tan slacks and a pale pink blouse, she looked more like she was seeing patients than reporting for a physical trainer position. She was more comfortable, though, professionally dressed, put together.

If things were orderly on the outside, the inside would follow. She’d learned that lesson years ago, after her father’s death. Her mother had cried, and their home fell to pieces. When people showed up with food and condolences, the disaster in the house amplified how broken they were. Dishes in the sink, overflowing laundry baskets. Sleep eluded Meg those first nights, so she washed dishes, did laundry, and dusted until her body gave out. The next day, she’d cooked to fill the silence. The days stretched on, and no one ate unless they were reminded.

Eventually, though, the movements of normalcy made her feel more normal.

Fake it ‘til you make it, her mom had joked. She’d never taken that advice, but it had worked for Meg. Pretend until the lie matched reality.
She exhaled slowly, pursing her lips. With shaking fingers, she smoothed her perfectly tidy hair once more, nodding at her reflection. She had this.

Snagging her wallet and phone off the passenger seat, she tossed them into her well-worn gym bag and zipped it up. Slinging it over her shoulder, she gripped the straps to her chest like a shield and opened the truck door.

Gravel bit into her ballet flats, but she ignored the discomfort. Around her, the parking lot was full of pickup trucks and Jeeps, a few larger SUVs and late-model sedans, and even an Econovan thrown in for good measure. The van had curtains. She wouldn’t be surprised if its owner lived out of it.

There were a few guys unloading their cars, yanking duffel bags and equipment from trunks. Most of them were in their twenties and thirties. All of them were in amazing shape. The uniform seemed to be a mix of camo, Under Armor, and facial hair. A couple of the men paused to watch her walk by.

Maybe she should have put on her running clothes, some track pants. She looked as out of place in her business clothes as a peacock at a rhino tea party.

Her eyes straight forward, she hiked her bag higher on her shoulder and picked up her pace. As she approached the door, her uncle stepped out.

“Meggy.” His smile, buried under a few days of beard growth, was as warm as always. Her shoulders relaxed in response. “You’re early.”

She stepped into his open arms. Uncle Joe gave the best hugs. “They pulled back on my hours last week in preparation for my time here. I finished earlier than expected today.”

He leaned out of their embrace, scowling at her. “You’re sure this won’t affect your position with Dr. Colman, right? They’ll let you return when training is over?”

She grinned at him. “I told you. Dr. Colman is happy that I’m helping. She’s fine.” It had taken a little sweet talking, playing up how good of a community outreach opportunity this was and promising to pick up shifts on the weekends while she was at the air center. Patrice Colman recognized a good deal when she saw it. She’d wanted to start opening on Saturdays for months, so she hadn’t passed up this opportunity. But, Meg wasn’t about to tell Uncle Joe that.

He patted her shoulder. “That’s good, then. I’m not going to answer to your mom if this impacts your career.”

Meg stiffened. “I’m twenty-five, Uncle Joe. I manage myself.” Besides, they both knew her mother hadn’t managed much of anything in years.
Joe nodded. “Right. Well, your brothers should be here soon. Do you want me to show you around?”

She laughed. “It’s been a while, but I think I know where I’m going.” She and her brothers had visited her father here often. Years ago, her mother would bring the smokejumpers cookies, muffins, whatever. She used to love to bake, and it gave her an excuse to see her husband. These days, the only time her mother’s oven heated was for the Sunday dinners Meg cooked for them.

Meg scanned the exterior of the air center. “Place hasn’t changed.” Ten years later, but the air center looked the same. Behind the hangar, the airfield stretched across the open field. The Cascade Mountains filled the horizon. Here, without the multi-story buildings in Bend, the peaks were in full, majestic view.

“Why ruin a good thing?” He chuckled, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. “Come on. Let’s get you settled.”

As he guided her to the door, the rumble of an engine made her pause.
Either the Jeep that turned into the parking lot needed a new muffler or its owner wanted everyone to hear him coming. As it parked, everyone in the lot had stopped to look. Which meant this truck wasn’t a regular fixture at the air center’s lot.

She sniffed. Apparently, the diva of this year’s class had arrived.
The Jeep’s engine died, and its doors swung open. Like the other men in the lot, the one who jumped down from the passenger side was in excellent shape. He was probably six-two or so, and his T-shirt did nothing to hide the cords of muscle on his wide shoulders. But, it wasn’t the passenger that snagged her attention.

The driver slammed his door and strode to the back liftgate. She didn’t see his face, only the back of him, but his gait was familiar, with more swagger than his passenger. He was as tall as the other man, and just as broad-shouldered and slim-hipped. The tilt of his head as he tossed a few bags onto the ground, the set of his shoulders as he closed the back of the Jeep, though…if returning to the Redmond base was a blast from the past, this man was a punch to the gut.

“Lance.”

She didn’t realize she said his name out loud until Joe grunted. “Yes. Lance Roberts.”

Meg hadn’t needed his confirmation. She’d know Lance anywhere. After ten years, her body hadn’t forgotten watching him, wishing he was hers, with the added misfortune of embodying the “little sister in love with brother’s best friend” cliché.

Hard to forget embarrassment like that.

Lance the boy had been the stuff of her girlhood dreams, and more than a few other girls’ dreams, too. As she watched, he grabbed his bags off the ground and the muscles of his forearms tightened. Heat stretched up her spine, warming her stomach.

Lance the man probably occupied more than a few women’s dreams now as well.

Meg spun sideways, not wanting to be caught staring at him. “What’s he doing here?” she whispered. She smoothed the end of her ponytail, and then tugged at her blouse, straightening imaginary wrinkles.

Catching herself, she squeezed her fingers together in front of her, forcing them still.

“Now, Meggy. I need you to be open-minded. And, I need your help with your brothers…” Joe’s head dropped, and he rubbed the back of his head.

“Joe, what have you done?” There were only so many reasons that Lance would be here, at the air center, right now…

“I offered Lance a job, if he makes it through training.” His half grin looked pained. “He’ll be in this year’s rookie training class.”

My nose has been buried in a book my entire life. My mother would catch me, flashlight in hand, hiding under the covers to “finish this chapter.” A lifelong reader herself, she’d usually sigh, mutter something about how I’d ruin my eyes reading in the dark, and then leave me to it.

After all, she often stayed up past bedtime reading, too. She couldn’t judge.

For me, books are magic, so earning a BA in English Literature from Dickinson College was a perfect fit. It wasn’t a big jump from studying literature to teaching it, and I spent a few years as a high school English teacher.

When my first son was born, I finally got serious about putting fingers to keyboard, and I haven’t looked back since.

I have been humbled to be a finalist of both RWA’s prestigious RITA® and Golden Heart® contests. My writing has been awarded the Daphne du Maurier award, the PRISM award, and the Golden Leaf award. I am represented by the amazing Helen Breitwieser at Cornerstone Literary Agency.

And my first born? I caught him recently, up way past his bedtime, trying to hide the book he’d snuck into bed. I sighed and mumbled something about how he’d ruin his eyes reading in the dark.

Then, I walked away, grinning. After all, like my mother before me, I can’t judge.

Website - http://www.marneeblake.com/