logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: good-friends
Load new posts () and activity
review 2016-11-10 17:20
Chick-o-Saurus Rex - Lenore Jennewein,Daniel Jennewein

This book could be used in K-3rd grade. This book teaches about bullying. Students need to know that that is not okay. I would use this book in the first couple of weeks of school. for an activity I could make a chart with characteristics of a good friend and have the students provide me with examples and reasons of why being a good friend is so important.

show activity (+)
review 2015-12-17 17:12
Review: That's What Friends Are For by Marcie Steele
That's What Friends Are For: A feel good novel of best friends and secrets - Marcie Steele,Mel Sherratt

Published by: Bookouture (9th December 2015)

ISBN: 978-1910751626

Source: Netgalley

Rating: 5*

Synopsis:

Sam and Louise have been best friends since they hung their coats side by side on the first day of primary school. Now in their thirties, they’re just as close, but life is a little bit more complicated…

On the outside, thirty-something Sam seems to have it all; the gorgeous husband, the beautiful home and the flourishing business. But things are not quite as rosy as they seem. So when handsome stranger, Dan, walks into her life, Sam finds his attentions hard to resist.

Louise might seem like life and soul of the party, but her outgoing exterior hides her sadness about the heartbreak in her past. She just wants someone to love – but all Louise gets left with is a quick fumble with an ex at the end of the night.

When a glamorous face from the past returns to shake things up, things get even more complicated for Sam and Louise. And just when they need each other the most, they’ve reason to wonder whether they ever really knew each other at all.

Review:

This is chick-lit at its fabulous best - uplifting and funny yet emotional and utterly compelling. I read this from cover to cover in one sitting, without realising how much time had passed, I was completely oblivious to anything but this story.

Every time I thought I knew what was going on with each of the characters, another bombshell was dropped! I laughed out loud, I was surprised, I was shocked. All the emotions you'd expect from a great book.

Despite not reading an awful lot of this genre, I seem to be fast becoming a fan - Marcie Steele, you have converted me!

review 2014-11-17 03:21
A Few Good Friends
A Few Good Friends - J. E. Smythe
A Few Good Friends
by J. E. Smythe
Paperback, 212 pages
Published April 25th 2014 by Lady Esquire Group, LLC (first published October 26th 2013)
ISBN 0990341801 (ISBN13: 9780990341802)

A Few Good Friends follows 4 women, who met in college, and remained friends despite having been dealt with varying degrees of success in the workplace and on the home front.
The author breaks the chapters down by character so that each character gives her view point, but I felt the author was able to maintain cohesiveness in the story while making all the characters relatable. This is a relatively quick read, making it a good option for a relaxing weekend at home. Definitely a good choice for women.

****A PDF copy was received by Lady Esquire Group, LLC in exchange for a fair review.***
review 2014-05-05 00:00
Just Good Friends
Just Good Friends - Rosalind James I really did love the first novel in the "Escape to New Zealand" series, Just This Once: Escape to New Zealand Book One. I felt as if I was reading an old school romance novel where the men were men and the sex scenes were hot and pretty explicit.

In Rosalind James's second novel, "Just Good Friends: Escape to New Zealand Book Two, features two characters, Kate Lamonica and Koti James.

Kate has fled from the U.S. to New Zealand due to an obsessive ex-boyfriend who would not stop stalking her. Koti is a Maori rugby player playing for the All Blacks. It was really interesting to read about the Maori culture and to have that play a factor in this novel with Koti explaining this side of himself to Kate.

What I thought was very good and interesting is that you do have Kate having some problems initially with trusting Koti due to her last relationship. The two start off as friends and then you get to see their friendship change into something more. I honestly bought their relationship and loved how you did not just have the two romantic leads falling in love with each other after only one day. I will admit at times Kate was hard to like. However, in the end both characters won me completely over.

Also the love scenes once again were smoking. I think most romance reads for the most part are somewhat vanilla when they write love scenes, which is alright. I just love the fact that Rosalind James keeps evoking older romance novels in my mind with how explicit she is when the two main leads have sex with each other.

We have a welcome appearance by Hannah and Drew from "Just This Once" and we get to catch up with this twosome to see how Hannah is liking and settling in living in New Zealand. Even though I only had the first two novels on my to be read pile for 2014 I still plan on continuing with this series.
review 2013-06-17 00:00
Just Good Friends
Just Good Friends - Jennifer Denys Short, quick, cute and fun. Good to read when you want to take a break from sequels.