logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: h-romance-us
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-09-17 11:00
Release Day Review! Frost and Flame (Gods of War #2) Gena Showalter!

Time to stretch your imagination once again! We are visiting the most feared immortal warrior in All War History! Enjoy and don't forget to add FROST AND FLAME by Gena Showalter to your shelves!

From Gena Showalter, the New York Times bestselling author of the Lords of the Underworld saga, comes Frost and Flame , the second book in the scorching paranormal romance series Gods of War.

Bane of Adwaeweth is the most feared immortal warrior in All War history. Possessed by a bloodthirsty beast, he will stop at nothing to win. Then he meets irresistible Nola Lee. He hates the power she wields over him, but she alone can rain vengeance upon his wife’s killer.

Unaware of her destiny to rule as queen of beasts, Nola battles illness, addiction and vulnerability. With Bane, however, she experiences pleasure for the first time, and only wants more. But being with him comes with a terrible price.

With enemies lurking around every corner, Bane and Nola must fight to survive. But time is running out, and neither can resist the sizzling attraction blazing between them. Will their romance save the beast and his beauty, or destroy everything they’ve come to love?

The most feared immortal warrior in all War history, Bane of Adwaeweth is possessed by a bloodthirsty beast and he will stop at nothing to win and while he hates the power Nola Lee has over him, she can rain vengeance upon his wife’s killer. Nola is battling illness and addiction, but with Bane, she experiences pleasure for the first time and wants more but being with him comes with a terrible price. Their romance will either save them both or destroy everything they’ve come to love.

The second book in the ‘Gods of War’ series is an exhilarating experience that readers don’t want to miss. The author has a gift for making her worlds completely captivating and full of unique elements that makes every story a very enjoyable experience and this one is no different. The world itself it complex with lots of hidden facets, potential for backstabbing and utter violence but the story is about good fighting back against the tyranny and violence of their worlds. The fast paced plot is full thrilling suspense that has readers biting their nails and adrenaline pumping excitement that has gasping in surprise and expectation along with all of kinds of twists and turns that ensures that readers better not blink or they may miss something important.

The characters themselves are strong, bold and easily grab readers’ attentions and the relationship between Bane and Nola is as complex as the war taking place. There is nothing typical in this story and every time readers think they know what will happen next…BAM, something unexpected happens. Beware, this story can be read as a standalone but takes place consecutively with the first one and of course the overall plot of the series isn’t one hundred percent complete.

Author's Book Page

Goodreads   *   BookLikes   *   BookBub

Riffle   *   GBooks

FROST AND FLAME is the 2nd book in the GODS OF WAR series.

Author   *   Goodreads   *   Amazon   *   Publisher

Shadow and Ice

2 Frost and Flame

Lords of the Underworld #14.6 - THE DARKEST ASSASSIN -

December 10, 2019

Lords of the Underworld #15 - THE DARKEST KING -

February 25, 2020

AVAILABLE in print, ebook or audio

Amazon   *   Kindle   *   B&N   *   Kobo

iBooks   *   GPlay   *   Audible   *   BookDepository

HQN > MassMarket   *   ebook   *   Hardcover   *   Audio

Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been translated all over the world. The critics have called her books "sizzling page-turners" and "utterly spellbinding stories", while Showalter herself has been called “a star on the rise”.

Website   *   Twitter   *   Facebook   *   YouTube

InstaGram   *   Pinterest   *   Goodreads   *   BookBub   *   Amazon

review 2019-09-17 10:55
Release Day Review! Savage Penance (Fierce Mates: Corona Pride #7) Liza Street!

Hello Readers! Today I am visiting the Corona Pride to see what happens when Doug's inner mountain lion drives him back home! Enjoy and don't forget to add Savage Penance by Liza Street to your shelves!

Never have a one-night-stand with a shifter.

1) They’re intense, growly lovers and they bite—hard

2) You risk them claiming you as their “fated mate” and never leaving you alone again

3) Even if you manage to get rid of the guy, you might be carrying his baby

Gwyneth knew better. She could tell right away that Doug was a shifter, but it didn’t matter. He was too hot to let go. One night of fun never hurt anybody, right?

Well, she was right about one thing—it was only one night.

As soon as Doug knew Gwyn was pregnant, he did what any douchey, malcontented, irredeemable shifter would do—he ran fast and he ran far.

But when his inner mountain lion drives him back into Gwyn’s arms, Doug learns that danger waits at every turn. Wooing his mate and learning how to be a good father is the least of his worries.

Savage Penance is a standalone novel in the Fierce Mates: Corona Pride series. If hot, bad boy shifters make you howl and smart, resourceful heroines make you happy, one-click Savage Penance for some hot sexy tension and heart-melting romance.

Gwyneth knew better but he too hot to let go and one night of fun never hurt anybody, right? Doug did what any irredeemable shifter would do when he found out his one night stand was pregnant – he ran. When his inner mountain lion drives him back into Gwyn’s arms, he discovers that learning how to be a father is the least of his problems.

This 'Corona Pride' story is an emotionally gripping and suspenseful romance that keeps readers holding their breath in anticipation throughout. The characters are strong, compelling and easily pull readers into their story and the chemistry between Gwyn and Doug sizzles with lots of heat but chemistry isn’t everything and being a typical guy, Doug, let his fear of commitment get in the way of his mating, but that doesn’t mean that he didn’t have valid reasons, so their lots of turbulent emotions flowing from the pages as well.

The story is fast paced and while on the short side, the story is packed full of suspense and excitement, not only in the relationship area but Doug’s son has caught the attention of some witches that are determined to use his power as their own, adding lots of danger to the story. This ‘Fierce Mate’ romance is one that readers will get a chuckle out of as well some edge of the seat thrills with a bad boy and a ‘doesn’t have to have a male around’ heroine.

Goodreads   *   BookLikes   *   BookBub   *   Riffle

Savage Penance is the 7th book in the Fierce Mates: Corona Pride series!

Set in the Fierce Mates world, the Corona Pride series takes place in a fictional mountain range in Montana and features hot, sexy alphas and the rough, tough heroines who tame them.

Goodreads   *   Author

Savage Yearning

Savage Loss

Savage Heartache

Savage Thrist

Savage Bliss

5.1 Irredeemable (prequel to Savage Redemption)

Savage Redemption (Bad Alpha Dads)

6.1 One Savage Night (prequel to Savage Penance)

Savage Penance (Bad Alpha Dads)

Corona Pride is part of the Fierce Mates Universe

Sierra Pride

Corona Pride

Dark Pines Pride

Rock Creek Clan

Savage Penance is also part of the Bad Alpha Dads World!

AVAILABLE in print or ebook

Amazon   *   B&N   *   Kobo

iBooks   *   GPlay

Liza got her start in romance by sneak-reading her grandma’s paperbacks. Now she divides her time between freelance editing and writing books about shifters with fierce and savage hearts.

FREE BOOKS--Book 1 in Liza's Sierra Pride series is free to anyone! Join Liza's mailing list and get Book 2, Fierce Heartbreaker, FREE, as well as an exclusive Sierra Pride prequel story! Start by clicking here to sign up and receive Fierce Heartbreaker and the prequel story.

Free Books Link

Website   *   Goodreads   *   Facebook

BookBub   *   Amazon

review 2019-09-17 01:46
The Colorado Cowboy's Triplets, Laura Marie Altom

This is recently released.I enjoyed this romance with triplets. This had a lot going on with losing loved ones and dealing with PTSD, I voluntarily chose to review this and I've given it a 4* rating. There was a lot of feels in this and part of the craziness in the hero and heroine, is being battle weary, one military and one law enforcement. Sometimes we need to pay attention to our own needs in order to care for others. And sometimes we need to work around others to find the time. Never-the-less, triplets are going to take a lot of care and dealing with the antics of babies.

review 2019-09-16 14:11
How to Fall in Love With a Peacock
The Pride of the Peacock (Casablanca Classics) - Victoria Holt

There are slow burn books and then there is this one where nothing of importance happens for a good 70 percent of the book and then you just have an ineffectual heroine through most of the story who somehow saves herself in the end by talking. Definitely not one of Holt's best. With a hero that I was rooting against and then the setting moving to Australia, this book just had too much that in the end didn't work for it.

"The Pride of the Peacock" follows Opal Jessica Clavering (known as Jessica) as she slowly unravels her personal history when one of her neighbors she has been forbidden to talk to, Ben Henniker who somehow ended up purchasing her family's ancestral home and land leaving her family living in a small home and much impoverished. When Ben pressures Jessica into marrying his son in order for her to restore her family's home to them and also give him grandchildren, she agrees to the deal though she doesn't care for Josslyn Madden (otherwise known as Peacock or Joss by Jessica).

Jessica is self-absorbed I thought. She finds out that Ben had a connection to her family and to someone else in her family that she never knew about. He seems obsessed with Jessica and Jessica just goes, well Ben loves me. I don't know. It was vaguely creepy to me. Also the way that Jessica talks to her mother I can't see happening and things going well for her. This book is supposed to take place in the 1800s and the way that Jessica acts at times is too modern. I did like how she stood up for her sister and pushed her brother to marry though. I didn't like Jessica's relationship with Joss at all. He taunts her and keeps pushing her for things she doesn't want to give and frankly I don't blame her. There is nothing redeeming about his character in this book.

Honestly, I didn't much care for any man that is discussed in this book. As I already said, Ben is creepy and obsessed and I loathed how he ends up in the end forcing Jessica to go along with his determination to see her married to Joss. Joss is a philandering ass and treats Jessica terribly through most of the book until he doesn't. I think we are supposed to see him a changed man, but I didn't.

The other characters we meet when Jessica and Joss get to Australia feel very one dimensional.

The plot was not that great. We hear about the Green Flash opal being stolen from Ben decades earlier, and then find out it wasn't stolen, but then it gets stolen again. And of course there's a supposed curse linked to the opal. We do eventually get a murder but it was very confusing when you find out the why behind it. It didn't help that the villain reveal was so anti-climatic and didn't make a lot of sense (at least to me).

The writing was so-so. Some things I wish had been discussed more and not glossed over.  I know this book is written in the Victorian era, I have a really hard time with the fact that both Jessica and Joss are "bastards" and nothing was said by the community at large about it. I guess in Australia (where the story moves) it didn't really matter, but I am shocked that no one said anything in the area where Jessica was born. Especially since people had to know about it.  I thought the whole book was so repetitive after a while though. We had to hear about opals, peacocks, and the Green Flash throughout.

The setting of this book I thought should have been a later period in time. I also didn't feel like the book had enough of the Gothic elements that I enjoy. I mean we had a murder, and I guess a curse with that stupid opal, and even some madness in the end. I just wish that the love/romance side had been better and we had actually had a haunted home or something else.

review 2019-09-16 11:00
New Release Review! Overlord (Outcasts #6) Cyndi Friberg!

Time for another fantastic week of books, Readers! Today we are going to visit the Outcasts where Lady Eza of the Sarronti is seeking out Overlord Kage Razel in hope of forging an alliance. Enjoy and dont' forget to add OVERLORD by Cindi Friberg to your shelves!

Determined to bring meaningful change to her people, Lady Eza of the Sarronti seeks out the leader of the Outcasts and proposes a daring alliance. She expects to negotiate with a barbarian. Instead, Overlord Kage Razel awakens longings that have nothing to do with the rebellion. He intrigues and attracts her, making her ache for the consuming passion she has only experienced in his arms. Yet Kage also frightens Eza. She senses secrets in him, portions of his being he will not share with anyone. There is no doubt Eza wants him, but can she trust this mysterious stranger, or will he use his unique abilities to gain control over her world?

Don't miss the exciting conclusion of the Outcasts series!

Note to Readers: This book contains detailed descriptions of sizzling passion only suitable for mature readers. Certain plot elements carry on from book to book. Though Overlord can be read as a standalone, it's more fun to read the series in order. Enjoy!

Lady Eza seeks out the leader of the Outcasts and proposes a dangerous alliance but gets more than she bargained for when she unexpectedly finds herself negotiation with Overlord Kage Razel who intrigues and attracts her, making her ache for the consuming passion she has only experienced in his arms. There is no doubt that she wants him, but can she trust this mysterious stranger?

The final book in the ‘Outcasts’ series is an exciting adrenaline pumping adventure romance that keeps readers on the edge of their seat. The characters are strong, sexy and easily grab readers’ attention right from the start. The chemistry between Kage and Eza vibrates from the pages with savage intensity and the passion burns hot but the relationship has a bit of an obstacle standing its way… Eza is of the Sarronti and Kage is an Outcasts making it hard for the either to know if they can trust each other.

The story is fast paced with lots happening in both the Sarronti stronghold and in the Outcasts camp, not to mention that there are those Sarronti who will do whatever it takes to run the Outcasts off their planet. There is lots of emotional turbulence and thrilling suspense building throughout the story that keeps readers glued to the pages while surprising twists keeps them on their toes while unique elements including magic, genetics and technology spice up the story and make it a very intriguing and entertaining read.

Goodreads   *   BookLikes

Riffle   *   Romance.io   *   GBooks

OVERLORD is the 6th & Final book in the Outcasts series.

Author   *   Goodreads   *   Amazon

Heretic

Marauder

Tracker

Assassin

Warlord

6 Overlord

The Outcasts series is part of the Ontariese Universe!

The books can be read as standalones but if you would like to read the entire Universe in order - read the following series in the order listed below -

Beyond Ontariese

Shadow Assassins

Battle Born

Outcasts

Spin-off series Shadowborn Rebellion

AVAILABLE in print, ebook & Kindle Unlimited

Amazon

Passionate Sci-Fi with a touch of danger and a whole lot of sass.

USA Today Bestselling Author: When my parents realized I had an aptitude for storytelling—okay, even at an early age I was a consummate liar—they encouraged me to find constructive ways to put all that “creativity” to use. I wrote my first novel when I was in junior high school. It was a typical teenage girl’s fantasy about being kidnapped by a sexy rock star, finding out he was really a misunderstood millionaire’s son, and living happily ever after with the reformed rebel. Rock stars led to vampires and vampires to outer space. Not sure how that happened, but I sure love it there.

Now I spend my days, and many of my nights, trying to keep up with the characters springing to life within my mind. I find creative ways of avoiding errands and housework because I can’t drag myself away from the drama unfolding in my latest story. And every day I thank God I was able to quit my day job and actively pursue my dream!

Website   *   Goodreads   *   Facebook