logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: habits
Load new posts () and activity
review 2020-01-05 16:43
Tiny Habits
Tiny Habits - B.J. Fogg

[I received a copy through NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.]

I can’t decide if this book taught me a lot, or if, all in all, it was all logical stuff and I already knew it without knowing it. I’d say, it’s both.

In hindsight, it makes a lot of sense and is definitely logical: of course starting with baby steps / tiny habits is much more manageable than gunning for some huge change (hello, New Year Resolutions that 99.5% of people never uphold past the first week, and are basically one huge permission we give ourselves to fail, which is why I’ve stopped making them for years). On the other hand, it all *sounds* easy, but if it *was* so easy, we’d all be doing it naturally in a snap of fingers. And it’s absolutely obvious by now that a lot of people, myself included, are pretty much rubbish at “naturally” starting this kind of thing.

All in all, for me, the book wasn’t ground-breaking in itself—the basic theory was more of a “duh!” moment than anything else. However, the author gives pointers and exercises that seem in general useful, and give ideas to start if the whole thing appears really overwhelming. It’s possibly even more useful for people who tend to approach things with an all-or-nothing mentality, since going “all” with a tiny habit (ex: flossing one tooth) is easy to achieve, leads without too much trouble to doing the rest while we’re at it, but sill consists in a success. (Although, for anyone who’s remotely like me, doing more than you planned for also easily leads to unconsciously viewing the “more” as the only possible way of succeeding, which defeats the purpose. But that’s not what the book tells us to do anyway—that’s a personal pitfall.)

review 2019-12-22 05:27
Weight Loss: 21 Simple weight loss Healthy Habits to lose weight, feel great, and enjoy A healthy live.: Weight Loss Motivation - William Norton

Weight Loss: 21 Simple Weight Loss Healthy Habits to Lose Weight, Feel Great, and Enjoy A Healthy Life. (Weight Loss Motivation) by William Norton is an easy how to book to follow. I gave it three stars.

"Understand psychology and learn why being overweight is not your fault..."

Link to purchase: https://www.amazon.com/Weight-Loss-Journal-simple-healthy/dp/1530043506

review 2019-12-16 02:08
Review: Healthy as F*ck by Oonagh Duncan
Healthy as F*ck: The Habits You Need to Get Lean, Stay Healthy, and Kick Ass at Life - Oonagh Duncan

Reviewed for Wit and Sin

Healthy as F*ck is hands-down the best health and wellness book I’ve ever read. Author Oonagh Duncan is funny, relatable, and smart in her approach to wellness. The secret to weight loss isn’t a magic pill or a quick fix or an extreme diet. It’s all about the habits you form, the small changes that will ultimately shape your behavior and help you lose weight. Ms. Duncan provides simple guidelines that are easy to follow, but before you get to those I highly recommend doing the very few exercises she asks you to do on finding your why. Trust me, it’s something I would normally roll my eyes at but it was a far more powerful motivator than I could have imagined.

Ms. Duncan’s approach is the most commonsense one I’ve seen in a long time. Her conversational writing style is also incredibly appealing – she talks like my friends and I do. I’ve read Healthy as F*ck twice already and her voice is what draws me in from the start, making me more at ease and open to her ideas. That being said, if cussing bothers you then you may have a hard time with this book. As for me, I loved everything about this book. It has been the most helpful book on getting healthy I’ve ever read and Ms. Duncan’s writing is a joy to read. So if you’re looking for an approachable, motivational, commonsense approach on how to meet your long-term health goals, you cannot go wrong with Healthy as F*ck.

FTC Disclosure: I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. I also purchased a copy of this book. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Source: witandsin.blogspot.com/2019/12/review-healthy-as-fck-by-oonagh-duncan.html
review 2018-10-06 12:48
Overflowing Chamber Pots: "Wake Up Successful: How to Increase Your Energy & Achieve Any Goal With A Morning Routine" by S. J. Scott
Wake Up Successful: How to Increase Your Energy & Achieve Any Goal With A Morning Routine - S.J. Scott

(original review, 2014)

But for early rising, I would not have been able to achieve all the work I put in for years. I also missed the traffic, allowing me to move at great speed to my destination. But for late starts recently, I would not have gotten enough rest. And but for a mix, my life would not have changed. From late to early, early to late, we change our perspectives, clocks and everything about who and what we are. Sleeping late is not for much other than redolence and milder temper.

If you're into stuff like this, you can read the full review.

review 2018-10-06 12:25
Micro-Multi-Task: "Mindset: The New Psychology of Success" by Carol S. Dweck
Mindset: The New Psychology of Success - Carol S. Dweck

(original review, 2006)

Following the footsteps of some who is great in order to be great is moronic. Only talentless fools would look to do the same as others to be successful. The only way to succeed is by doing what you love and get obsessed by it. You will be working over 100 hours a week, and you will be thinking about it every second awake, and you will be a success because nobody loves it as much as you do. It is like when you get with a girl that you love and it doesn't matter how pretty people say other’s girls are in comparison to yours; it is yours the most beautiful in your eyes.

If you're into stuff like this, you can read the full review.