logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: hacks
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-12-25 18:50
Positive Thinking: Discover the Power of Positive Thinking and Change Your Mindset to Become an Optimist (Mind Hacks, Positive Thinking, Positive Affirmations, ... Power, Inner Happiness, Motivation Book 3) - Hanif Raah,Mind Hacks

Positive Thinking Discover the Power of Positive Thinking and Change Your Mindset to Become an Optimist Part of the (Mind Hacks) series by Hanif Raah is a good how-to book.

I received a complimentary Kindle copy in an Amazon promotion. That did not change my opinion for this review.

I gave this Positive Thinking book on how to become an optimist four stars.

"Positive thinking is the best and most powerful tool you can have to achieve happiness and success. Research studies confirm that it brings about happiness, health, success, inner peace, improved relationships and longevity. It makes your life easier, richer and more fun."

Link to purchase: https://www.amazon.com/Positive-Thinking-Affirmations-Happiness-Motivation-ebook/dp/B00UTY3V26

review 2015-01-27 00:00
Built By DIY: Frugal and Easy - DIY Household Hacks to Clean, Organize, and Declutter Your Home (DIY Projects and DIY Hacks for a Better Home) - Patty Korman Mixed thoughts on this one. Some ideas were interesting enough and there were a few tips to take away from this. Yet there were just as many that had me gaping at the book. Some of these are very tacky and I would be embarrassed to do. OR if I could make it work and not look BAD, would take a lot of work. While some basic ideas here are good, I felt that many were reaching in being frugal to being stingy. While I love doing things on the cheap, I don't need my home to look like half my belongings came out of a homeless person's shopping cart and some tricks here go that direction.
And others like the baking soda tips, the tension rods for cabinets, etc were great! SO very mixed. Worth skimming through about pulling out a couple tips but I can't say it is worth putting money into this. So if you can grab this for FREE, take a look, otherwise time can be used just by browsing online using keywords like DIY organization to get similar results.
review 2014-11-25 00:00
De-cluttering Your Closet: Ingenious Hacks, Ideas, Tips And Tricks On How To Organize Your Closet. - Ida Glass I received a free kindle copy of De-clutter Your Wardrobe by Ida Glass in exchange for a fair review.

De-cluttering your closet: Ingenious hacks, ideas, tips & tricks on how to organize your closet. I gave it three stars.

"If you're feeling sentimental about certain clothes, but really have no use for them, take a picture & toss them out If you absolutely have to keep them for sentimental reasons limit yourself to one bag." This was one idea I can put into use. Another is to discard items I haven't worn in over a year.

I'm at the place of feeling overwhelmed since there's just so much 'stuff'. I'll have to set a timer & do a bit at a time.

Link to purchase: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N47WG8K/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0

Free at time of posting.
review 2014-10-10 00:00
Household Hacks: Simplify Your Life with 25 Easy DIY Household Hacks
Household Hacks: Simplify Your Life with 25 Easy DIY Household Hacks - Malinda Bern I received a free kindle copy of Household Hacks: Simplify Your Life with 25 Easy DIY Household Hacks by Malinda Bern from Amazon. I gave it FIVE stars.

While many of these ideas are common sense things to do, some of them really help offer great suggestions on how to use an ordinary item in a new & different way.

Even though I received a kindle copy, I'll be taking a pack of sticky notes to write my favorite ideas & post them in the room where they are needed.

One helpful example is to use clothes pins to hold items securely together when you're gluing them. As a card crafter, I'll use this idea for sure. I'll just have to make sure the area I'm gluing would not leave a 'dent' from a clothes pin.

I hope you'll find some useful life 'hacks' here too.
review 2014-05-20 00:00
Bad Science: Quacks, Hacks, and Big Pharma Flacks
Bad Science: Quacks, Hacks, and Big Pharma Flacks - Ben Goldacre Maybe you have to be british to enjoy this book.
The writer checks and debunks some very questionable products or services available on the UK market; however, not being from the UK, I don't really know what he's talking about, and I don't care to read the truth about products or services I have never heard of, like something called Detox or a program called Brain Gym.
Besides, it seems obvious enough that these products are nonsense, even without reading a full explanation.
Anyway, I'm glad there is someone willing to fight quacks and scammers.