logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: highlander
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-08-08 15:03
Sweet read, historical with a touch of paranormal.
The Highlander's Untamed Lady - Madeline Martin

I enjoyed this story. It was a quick and fun read. I loved Diana's pets and her strong facade. It took the caring from Evander to break it down and for her to find true happiness and love. The touches of myth and legend brought a little of the paranormal to their romance. I recommend this story.

I received an ARC of this story as a gift, and this is my unsolicited review.

review 2018-07-23 22:24
The Highlander's Promise - Lynsay Sands

Usual relative trying to kill h. Added bonus in that the h has amnesia and nobody knows the relative exists until practically the end of the book.

H, much like a brother of H, being written as a creepy pervert for humor. Really Ms Sands, only your fangirls aren't turned off by a H wanting to feel up an unconscious h (although his brother's h was conscious, she'd just come to consciousness after being shot several days earlier).

Family and friends not minding their own business (Saidh confronting him was ridiculous, as was everyone essentially going behind his back. He's the Laird - shouldn't they be deferring to him?)

And...considering the time period, why would the H's having a scar be an issue?

As an aside, did anyone get a hinky feeling about his twin's body not being found after the battle? Surely he's not going to show up elsewhere - with fangs.

review 2018-07-21 02:14
Surrender to the Highlander - Lynsay Sands

While to a large extent, a book would have to be really good to make much of an impression after reading Iron and Magic, this...

I really hate the v. basic plot of h is in danger and it takes H forEVER to figure out who the villain is (who often is a relative with some pointless and stupid grudge). Occasionally it's the H but it still takes forever, and still seems pointless.

In this case, it's further hampered by it taking a month for it to even occur to them that *maybe* there were secret passages (in a castle? Of course there are. D'oh). And after all that, and them finally figuring out who, the who in question makes one last attempt, though I fail to understand why. Seems like the wisest course of action would have been to run.

The H/h pairing? No problems with that. Really, this one would have done just fine focusing on their relationship development..but then again, so would the rest of the series. Unfortunately (and this isn't necessarily an issue with this author; it's the genre in general), we don't get that.

review 2018-07-20 15:45
My One True Highlander (No Ordinary Hero) - Suzanne Enoch

Graeme is a neighbor to the Duke of Lattimer and when the Duke of Duncraige comes to him and tells him he needs to eliminate the threat of Lattimer he refuses to do anything. However, his younger brothers decide that something needs to be done and when they stumble upon Lattimer's sister in a near by village they take matters into their own hands and kidnap her. Graeme has no idea what to do with her and he is furious with his brothers because they do not understand the situation they have put him into. Marjorie only wishes to surprise her brother and be there for his wedding.  She never expects to be kidnaped or that the man who holds her fate in his hands to be a handsome highlander bent on protecting his three brothers and his people for the Duke of Duncraige. The plot concept was good, but not as great as Hero in the Highlands. The characters are strong and entertaining but they don’t stand out like Gabriel and Fiona. The conflict is similar in this one as in book one. I did enjoyed it and I liked their story. It was an easy read and not dull. The back and forth between the two main characters were fun to watch but I definitely think Gabriel and Fiona were better overall.

review 2018-05-25 23:13
Fantastic Historical Romance
My Fierce Highlander - Vonda Sinclair

My Fierce Highlander by Vonda Sinclair is an amazing historical romance.  Ms. Sinclair has delivered a well-written book.  The characters are absolutely phenomenal.  Gwyneth was sent to the Highlands after she found herself unwed and pregnant.  She rescues Alasdair when he is injured while battling her cousin's clan.  Gwyneth and Alasdair's story is loaded with drama, humor, action, suspense and sizzle.  I enjoyed this book from cover to cover and look forward to reading more from Vonda Sinclair in the future.  My Fierce Highlander is book  1 of the Highland Adventure Series but can be read as a standalone.  This is a complete book, not a cliff-hanger.