logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: j.a.-belfield
Load new posts () and activity
review 2015-08-27 00:00
Ricochet
Ricochet - Julie Belfield,Keri Lake
This is a story of revenge and survival. It's told in first person, alternating between Nick and Aubree. Flashbacks are also prominent. Basically Detroit is a cesspool ran by an alliance of the worst of the worst in criminals and city officials. Human trafficking, rape and murder happen as freely as crossing the street. The storyline gets quite brutal at times.

Michael Culling is the head of this evil undertaking. What he took from Nick is just unimaginable. It can never make up for what he's been through, but Nick is on a mission to take Culling and his crew down as painfully as possible. Part of his plan includes Culling's wife Aubree. What Nick comes to know is that he and Aubree have more in common than anyone realized.

I recommend this book for someone who likes the whole Dark Knight idea with added very mature content. Nick is reminiscent of the DC character, but he also comes with plenty of extra twists.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

review 2015-08-06 19:18
Ricochet - Julie Belfield,Keri Lake

This book had SO much potential but, sorely it fell flat. With all the hype & all the amazing reviews about this book I had high expectations. Sadly it didn't deliver & I was highly disappointed. I was bored & figured out all the major plot points & 'twists' by the time I was halfway through. I was expecting something very dark & violent but, it was neither. I wasn't a fan of the 3 pov's & in my opinion it crowded the book. It would've been better off being told in the anti-hero's pov. This is a book where I judged it by its extremely hot cover. I won't make that mistake again. The sex was boring. It came across as filler & kinda haphazardly thrown in there for the sake of having sex in the book. I ended up skimming the last 50% of the book just so it would end.

review 2015-04-29 14:50
Enticed by J.A. Belfield
Enticed: A Holloway Pack Mini - J.A. Belfield

This was a fun sexy short novella. The characters have a romance going on that carries over from other parts of the series, and it's Ethan's birthday. I think every man out there would want to have his surprise present! And Shelly definitely enjoys giving it to him, I really loved the little notes and clues.

You can really see some of the tension in their lives come out a few times, and it was kind of fun to see the play back and forth between them. Definitely a nice quick read at bedtime.

*This book was received in exchange for an honest review*

Source: www.bittenbyromance.com/2015/04/review-enticed-holloway-pack-47-by-ja.html
review 2015-03-10 23:23
Review: Hereditary by J.A. Belfield
Hereditary - J.A. Belfield

As an avid reader of werewolf fiction, I'm always curious to see how an author approaches transformations; personally I prefer the painful change as opposed to the *poof* version, and J.A. Belfield nailed it with this short. Knowing you're going to shift must be scary enough to begin with, but being totally in the dark about what's coming would be downright frightening, and having your equally clueless mother witness the whole ordeal adds a whole other level of crazy to an already loco situation. Then, have your BFF join the party, and the normal train has officially left the station. All of the characters' reactions felt legit, and the intensity of Gabe's predicament ensured that HEREDITARY was a heart pounding novella from beginning to end. If you're looking for a quick taste of this author's werewolves, look no further.

review 2015-01-27 00:00
Darkness & Light
Darkness & Light - J.A. Belfield I really wanted to like this book, the blurb was promising. The whole reincarnation process to meet the man you are destined to be with was a different twist, even if he winds out being the reason you die at the end.

The paranormal aspect of it had good elements, but not enough as there were moments when the story was simply stale and slow moving. A lot of time spent just being sat around, drinking coffee and staring into nothingness. The true action was nonexistent.

At the end that wasn't what made me pack it in, it was Jem's husband, and her behavior towards him. He is a wife beater and an abuser of the worst kind. I can understand some decisions Jem made, as a victim of long term abuse. This lasted for a short while, until she simply started acting stupid. One moment she will do an incredibly brave thing and run away from her husband that beats her senseless to have some time with Sean, then in the next breath she will demand to go home to the same asshole, knowing that he might kill her. It didn't add up. It became torturous at the end to read it. I simply couldn't stomach it.

I read quite a lot of stories that depicted all kinds of abuse, so that element was not the problem. In Darkness & Light it was simply used as a reason Sean and her couldn't be together from page one, and to top it off the execution was terrible. At the end i simply didn't care what happened to her.