logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: jane-blythe
Load new posts () and activity
review 2017-12-05 17:01
Not for the Faint of Heart – Christmas Hostage by Jane Blythe @jblytheauthor
Christmas Hostage (Christmas Romantic Suspense Book 1) - Jane Blythe

I am so happy to be sharing Jane Blythe’s new novel, Christmas Hostage, just in time for the holidays.

Jane not only, writes some fabulous romantic suspense stories, but is an interesting person in her own right. Just check out her bio and see some of her many interests.

Cover: QDesigns

Christmas Hostage

Goodreads  /  Amazon

MY REVIEW

Action from the getgo.

Hannah’s friend is shot and killed in a jewelry store robbery and we are off and running in this suspenseful Christmas mystery. I got wrapped up in the characters, as well as the story and she kept the mystery alive with the villain mixed into a list of suspects. This is a story of second chances and maybe this time Hannah and Tom will get it right.

Hannah won’t let anyone help her, touch her. She sat on the floor, against the wall, and cried as the police did their work…Until…

Tom Drake, her FBI ex husband arrives on the scene and back into her life. He knew she was strong and wouldn’t want his help, but there are bad guys on the run and who knew where they would strike next.

As Christmas approaches, Hannah’s determined to carry on, business as usual in the jewelry store.  She is focused, going step by step, keeping moving, life goes on. It doesn’t mean bad memories don’t haunt her.And Tom’s just as determined to solve the crime.

It wasn’t his choice to walk away from her, but they were no good together any more. It was what she wanted, or so he thought. Whatever happened to cause the split must have been horrifying and I am waiting, foot tapping, impatiently waiting, to find out what.

Perceptions are not facts.

“That’s not what happened.”

“Yes, it was.”

“No, it wasn’t.”

“Yes, it was.”

“No, it wasn’t.”

I love how Jane Blythe’s writing allows the characters personalities to shine through. Now, if they would just learn to listen, to communicate. Maybe they never would have split up in the first place.

Jane Blythe has bounced me around, fooling me, several times now. As the suspects fall, one by one, I know there is more to come and only one will be left standing. This….this is the moment HE will be revealed…and I don’t know who HE is.

I have him in my sights now?

I hate when the woman refuses to be a victim, then puts herself in the hands of the one who wants her dead. BUT, I watch a lot of ID TV and it happens in real life all the time.

A horrific, unimaginable attack, but she is strong and will fight to her dying breath.

Jane Blythe writes some fantastic suspense thrillers and manages to keep me guessing. I like when I can’t figure out who the villain is. The characters grab hold of me and don’t let me go. The suspense and anticipation builds…and builds…

I do like my happy ever afters and Jane manages to supply those as well. Definitely left me with a warm fuzzy feeling and a Christmasy smile on my face, but this is not for the faint of heart.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Christmas Hostage by Jane Blythe.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos  4 Stars

Read more here.

MY REVIEWS FOR JANE BLYTHE’S BOOKS

• You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • animated smilies photo: animated animated.gif
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/not-for-the-faint-of-heart-christmas-hostage-by-jane-blythe-jblytheauthor
review 2017-06-22 19:09
One + One = Three by Jane Blythe @jblytheauthor
Three (Count to Ten) (Volume 3) - Jane Blythe

Jayne Blythe is a fabulous author who writes some chillin’ and thrillin’ serial killer novels.

Three by Jane Blythe has a cover that blends with the others creating a brand. Scroll to the bottom to see what I mean.

Check this beauty out, done by Amy Queau, and let me know what ya think.

Three (Count to Ten #3)

MY REVIEW

Warning:  ** All Jane’s books contain issues of sexual assault **.

I love when I am hooked early, anticipating the worst with each ‘turn of the page.’

Excited to bring together vicious killers from One and Two, culminating in a big fat delicious Three.

HE loves the thrill of killing newlyweds, couples, leaving one alive to tell the tale. The more vicious the attack, the better. Brutal, savage killing. Blood and body parts flying every which way.

SHE is a teenage virgin, but uses sex to lure in her victims. How sick is that? Killing is her purpose in life. Kill the cheaters, thinks Isabella Everette.

Sofia is recovering from Isabella’s attack and loving on her hunky Detective boyfriend, Ryan Xander. They each have their baggage, but have found they are stronger together.

The two serial killers have left a trail of bodies in their wake, but now they are home…

I know one thing. If I were Sofia or Annabelle, Ricky’s significant other, I would not be alone. I have read enough horror, of one kind or another, to know I’d at least have me some fierce looking dogs at my side. Some trained, mean and deadly ones.

The women are severely damaged, emotionally and physically and I like having the thought they will rise to the occasion when cornered. I look forward to finding out.

I am trying to ‘see’ where Jane Blythe is going with these deadly serial killers. I know certain things will have to happen…and no, I’m not telling you what.

And then…Sofia’s stalker returns. That is a story in itself. That is the bigger mystery to me. I have yet to figure out who it is!

Each character share their point of view, and I like seeing events unfold through each person’s eyes. And…as the characters come together…so do the serial killers. The action rises to a white knuckled ending that had me racing through the pages. I knew a lot of bodies would fall, but I never saw it going down the way it did.

I love delving into a killer’s mind and there’s something extra interesting about serial killers. Their thoughts and actions, even when fiction, fascinate me. I love when the author takes me to a dark, brutal and savage place, and Jane surely does that in the twisted series, of which I have read One, Two, and Three.

WOW! Action packed thrills and chills, blood and guts fly, and the killers carry their acts to the extreme. No one is safe, yet I am happy to be here.

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Three by Jane Blythe

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 5 Stars

GOODREADS

He targets couples, attacking them in their bed, killing one and leaving the other alive.

She targets wealthy businessmen, luring them to a hotel and drowning them.

When the two killers meet up a wild killing spree erupts.

** All my books contain issues of sexual assault **

ABOUT JANE BLYTHE

Jane Blythe

Jane has loved reading and writing since she can remember. She writes dark and disturbing crime/mystery/suspense with some romance thrown in because, well, who doesn’t love romance? She has one completed series, Detective Parker Bell, and one new series, Count to Ten.

When she’s not writing Jane loves to read, bake, go to the beach, ski, horse ride, and watch Disney movies. She has a black belt in Taekwondo, and a 200+ collection of teddy bears. She has the world’s two most sweet and pretty Dalmatians, Ivory and Pearl. Oh, and she also enjoys spending time with family and friends!

Website  /  Twitter  /  Facebook

MY REVIEWS FOR JANE BLYTHE’S BOOKS

• You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
Source: www.fundinmental.com/one-one-three-by-jane-blythe-jblytheauthor
review 2017-05-03 19:10
Serial Killers Run Amok In The Count To Ten series by Jane Blythe @jblytheauthor
One (Count to Ten) (Volume 1) - Jane Blythe

The simple covers for Jane Blythe’s Count To Ten series speak to me (this is the one I have) and, of course, reading about serial killers is always a high priority.

I love dark stories, the darker, the better.

One…

One (Count to Ten #1)

MY REVIEW FOR ONE

I love dark stories with murder and serial killers running wild, and Jane Blythe has come through in this fantastic series. This guy is a real sicko. Only death will stop him.

Right off, I’m thinking…Oh no she didn’t…

Yes, he fell for her and yes, there’s a lot more gory and brutal murder to come.

Who is it? Why such grotesque murders?

I have a problem with Annabelle and Xavier hooking up, but hey, stranger things have happened. He seems too old for a naive, inexperienced young woman like her. I like my books to be ‘realistic’ and, even though I enjoyed how it developed, not just jumping in bed, but the slow and getting to know you kind of thing, something still felt off.

Annabelle ‘s dialogue made her seem older than her years, but maybe the traumatic events she has been though have caused her to grow up sooner. After all, she had been the adult of her household.

I love the fact I can’t figure out who is the culprit, even though I feel I must have met him by now. I do have a feeling…oh, wait, maybe it’s him…or could it be him?

The sicko wants revenge and I want to know why.

The twists and turns kept coming, never letting up, even when the last page was read. I DID NOT want it to end. Jane Blythe was ‘this close’ to having me rate this a five and I definitely look forward to reading more of her work.

I voluntarily reviewed One by Jane Blythe.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 4 Stars

GOODREADS BLURB

Annabelle Englewood slaughters her family while they sleep.

Or so it seems to Detective Xavier Montague when he and his partner arrive at her house to find her sleeping peacefully, her family all dead.

But then another family and another are murdered, again with one family member left alive, and it becomes clear that Annabelle is simply a pawn in a vicious killer’s game.

Intrigued by Annabelle, the first woman Xavier has been attracted to since his divorce, when he comes face to face with the killer he will be forced to make the ultimate choice, a life and death decision, that could let a psychotic murderer walk free.

Source: www.fundinmental.com/19701-2
review 2017-05-03 19:06
Two (Count to Ten Book 2) - Jane Blythe

I love dark stories, the darker, the better.

Two…

This is the simple cover I have and I like it a lot.

Two (Count to Ten #2)

MY REVIEW FOR TWO

Jane Blythe writes of serial killers and grotesque murders and I LOVE it.

Brooke Mariano is a pregnant teenager with dreams of wealth and leisure and her life is snuffed out like a candle, all to keep a secret, a secret I want to be revealed and the guilty party to pay for it.

I like that Ryan’s interest in Sophia began before they were shoved together because of the murder. Her mysterious illness may seem to make her weak, but she is strong enough and determined enough to live on her own, disinherited by her rich father because she has a mind of her own. I love strong, independent female protagonists, and Sophia is spot on. I hate men that act like dictators and feel women are supposed to fall in line.

The body count grows and so does the suspect list. I love to be kept guessing and Jane Blythe is very good at doing that. Was someone in the family eliminating other members? If so, why? Most of them are wretched, miserable, pathetic excuses for human beings, so, in my book, none of them would be missed. LOL

Sometimes those surrounding the killer are worse than the killer himself.

When they go into the room…

Jane Blythe’s use of misdirection is very well done.

I can easily visualize events as they unfolded, as if a Criminal Minds episode was playing in front of me. It is so easy to picture Sophia…in a wheelchair, hunched over, looking at photos…But…I do hate a character I am growing very fond of making such a predictable and stupid error. Now, I am pissed at her. Is it my personal feelings keeping these ratings at fours, where others would rate them higher? It’s up to you to decide.

The book has an ending , but Three will bring One and Two together in a reunion I do not want to miss. I can hardly imagine where Jane will  take it and I am rubbing my hand together in glee just thinking about it.

I voluntarily reviewed Two by Jane Blythe.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos 4 Stars

GOODREADS BLURB

Before the sun rises, another will fall.

When Brooke Mariano is found murdered on the grounds of the powerful Everette family’s estate, it looks at first as though she may have been killed in order to keep the paternity of her unborn child a secret.

However, when another member of the Everette family turns up dead each night, it quickly becomes a race against time as Detective Ryan Xander and his partner try to discover which member of the family is the killer before the entire clan wind up dead.

Ryan’s only inroad to the secretive family is Sofia Everette. Shunned by her father for her refusals to obey him, and battling a mysterious illness, Sofia’s childhood dreams may be the key to saving her life and stopping the killer from exterminating the entire Everette family.

Source: www.fundinmental.com/19701-2
review 2010-04-20 00:00
Emma / edited with an introduction by Ronald Blythe
Emma - Ronald Blythe,Jane Austen I have always loved this most surprising of Jane Austen's books and am reading it again. It really does read like a detective story. Emma, the heroine, has always had my sympathy! She's not perfect and she never will be despite the best efforts of her friend Mr. Knightley to reform her character. The romance in this book is surprising and it really did take the main characters by surprise too. It's an unusual romance with two people who you would never expect to well, actually BE in a romance together! Opposites attract and all that I suppose...The recent BBC production was just wonderful, which is pretty much the reason that I am writing this review. I absolutely loved it. I love both the book and the BBC production! :) It's wonderful when your favorite book is turned into a great movie or television series. Then you may just sit back and enjoy watching it come to life for you. I have nothing to add or to take away from that production. Everyone looked the way I pictured them, acted the way I thought the characters would, the scene at the ball was lively, and so was Emma. G. Paltrow's Emma was never as lively as the character was.Emma, I've been told by other Jane Austen fans, is a hard character to understand or to like. Well, that was sort of the point. Jane Austen set out to write a book about a character who no one would like but herself. Yet, I do like Emma. I think that she is full of faults but who isn't? She tries so hard to mend them that as a fictional character she wins my admiration. She helps me to bear with my own faults and gives me hope that one day I just might mend them as well. I never did like heros or heroines in books who were too good to be true or so lost that they might never find their way back. It's just not real. Most of us are somewhere in between and it is the trying to better yourself that makes a hero or a heroine out of anyone really. Emma surely falls into that category. This character is not as perfect as Lizzy Bennett who almost has no faults and is extremely wise at her age. Emma is not nearly as likable as Lizzy, but that makes me cheer for her all the more when she is able to understand what it was she did wrong and what it was in her life that was so very right. She held on tightly to that person who meant the most to her when she should have. How lucky to have wisdom come to you when you need it most, and to be wise when it's most important! Emma was written by the author at the prime of her genius and it's just a wonderful book.