logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: jay-kristoff
Load new posts () and activity
review 2018-04-20 10:51
GEMINA
Gemina - Jay Kristoff,Amie Kaufman

This series is just crazy banana-pants fun. There are so many things in this book that I should hate – the spoiled princess + tattooed bad boy trope, the really unlikely romance under really unlikely circumstances, the horrifying creepy crawly brain-sucking alien thingies – but it all works together so brilliantly, so beautifully, that I want to wax as poetic as AIDAN the purple prose-spouting seed of Skynet. I am sooooooo glad I waited until all three books were out before I started reading this series. If it turns out book three is not the end, I will probably sprain something by shriek-sobbing in glee-despair.

review 2018-04-20 03:00
Words Can Not Express...
Obsidio (The Illuminae Files) - Jay Kristoff,Amie Kaufman

...how freaking fantastic this book was! It was so damn good! But man I hate that its over! I'm going to miss the crew, even AIDAN, especially AIDAN!!

I thought Obsidio was way better then Gemina- and just as good if not better, then even Illuminae. Don't get me wrong Gemina was good but I honestly thought it had way too much of a teenage vibe to it. A lot of the dialogue and banter got on my nerves, so I was desperately hoping I would be spared in Obsidio. And thank the heavens Obsidio did not take on that tone at all! It was an amazing work of art! This is one series that I can actually see myself re-reading/listening to over and over again!

review 2018-04-19 13:55
"I am frequently underestimated."
Illuminae - Jay Kristoff,Amie Kaufman

This quote is from when Kady Grant was getting interview.  He said he thinks this because he is short, people are underestimating him and what he does.I feel this quote is important due to the fact many people underestimate themselves in today's world.  You should always try your best at school work or even sports.

review 2018-04-17 22:16
Review: Obsidio
Obsidio - Jay Kristoff,Amie Kaufman

Not as wild a scifi concept as book 2, but just as action packed a ride as the rest of the series, Obsidio concludes the Illuminae Files detailing how the files were constructed and what happened on the illegal mining colony after the initial attack. Great illustrations, great graphic design, great writing. I've really enjoyed this series.

I'm also kind of glad it's over, as the longer it goes on, the more it stretches my suspension of disbelief that so many key characters are still alive. And not because they're mostly teenagers; fucking teenagers can do anything. Just, you know, that's a lot of crits in a row even for weighted dice. Like, a cat is introduced just so we see the building it's in get demolished, but the cat's fine.

But what ever, it's a better story that way.

Also, I know this isn't much of a review, but The Book Smugglers live tweet of reading this is already a far better review that I could hope to write.

review 2018-04-15 18:54
ALL THE STARS...
Obsidio - Jay Kristoff,Amie Kaufman

~MY SUPER QUICKIE REVIEW~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you haven't started this series yet, then you should.  Easily, one of my favorites of all time.  Fantastic ending to a fantastic series!!! I cannot wait for their next collaboration,  The Andromeda Cycle.

๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏๏

Theme or Tone~ 5/5

Flow (Writing Style)~ 4.5/5

Backdrop (World Building)~ 5/5

Originality~ 5+/5

Ending~ 5/5 Cliffhanger~ Nope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Book Cover~ All the covers are awesomely done.

Series~ Illuminae Files #3

Setting~ Kerenza IV and the Mao

Source~ Own a Hardcover edition (but also read on a Kindle eBook from the Library)