logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: joel-puga
Load new posts () and activity
Like Reblog Comment
show activity (+)
review 2017-01-28 04:28
Review...
Assorted Fantasies - Joel Puga

I am definitely going to agree that this is a dark fantasy, this is not the usual kind of fantasy I enjoy reading, but I thought I would give it a try and see how I go

Assorted Fantasies is full of short stories, which from the first is obvious there is more to the stories than I am getting; however they are also all related. It took a few of the short stories before I got a better understanding of what was going on, but I still know that I am missing the bigger picture. For myself, I doubt I'll read this again, it was just a little bit too dark for my liking.

Having no previous knowledge of the series, I feel that  some of the short stories seemed pointless, I do however, imagine they are connected to a bigger picture, but without it...

I will admit that I did enjoy the fact that not all of the stories are contained to one place, you visit places at random all over the world. Unfortunately, for me, this is not enough to keep my interest to find out more about this world. What I figured to be the main thread that connects all of the short stories was intriguing enough to have me coming back to find out more, but the amount of gore that was involved was a bit much for my tastes. I like my paranormal/fantasy, but clearly dark fantasy is not for me

Like Reblog Comment
show activity (+)
review 2016-07-06 07:35
Dark Fantasies
Dark Fantasies and Other Stories - Joel Puga

I won this book ages ago on Booklikes, but hadn't come around to reading it yet. I think a part of me feared this collection of short stories, as 40 pages for 5 stories seems like too few pages to make any of the stories stand.

Indeed, after reading I think it was too short. More than once I was left behind after a story finished thinking: this was it? What did I miss? It's too short.

However, what I did like was the great variety of stories that was presented. They all had a very distinct setting which goes to show the ability of the author to write different things. All stories have some fantasy element though.

It could have been better had the stories been longer, but then again, I say that after almost all collections of short stories.

Thanks to the author for providing me with a free copy of this book via a Booklikes Giveaway!