logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: kathryn
Load new posts () and activity
review 2019-01-25 16:53
Tag Team Giveaway & Review for Scraps of Paper by Kathryn Meyer Griffith @KathrynG64
Scraps of Paper - Kathryn Meyer Griffith
taguritfinal2

Welcome to my Tag Team & Review.

This is where myself (Sherry at fundinmental) and Laura at fuonlyknew tag team authors and their books.

We share our reviews and giveaways, giving you two views and two chances to win!

Today we are happy to share Scraps of Paper by one of our favorite authors, Kathryn Meyer Griffith. There are 5 books in the series and our her best sellers.

The fantastic cover is done by Dawne Dominique

The ebook for Scraps of Paper is free on many websites. It is also available in Audio on Amazon and you can find it on Goodreads here.

MY REVIEW

I love the cover for Scraps of Paper by Kathryn Meyer Griffith…and that tagline…how could I possibly resist? I feel a sense of foreboding. The book is free everywhere, so feel free to grab a copy.

After two stagnant years of her life, Abigail has found out that her husband, Joel, had been murdered. Misery put her on the road in search of a new life.

She was determined to become a new person.

To find time to live and love.

Spookie Town called to her.

The past and the present merge and the mystery grows.

I love the direction she goes to solve the mystery of Emily and her kids disappearances. She moves into the an empty house and begins to find Scraps of Paper. To find the answers to the mystery makes me think of a scavenger hunt.

Kathryn Meyer Griffith has a way with words and once I begin one of her books, it is hard to put it down. So true with Scraps of Paper. I felt Abigail’s pain and her need to find a way to go on after her husband’s death. When she moves into the empty house, the former tenants mystery becomes hers. She feels a need to find out happened to them because we all need answers…don’t we?

I voluntarily reviewed a free copy of Scraps of Paper by Kathryn Meyer Griffith.

Animated Animals. Pictures, Images and Photos4 Stars

ENTER THE GIVEAWAY HERE

MY KATHRYN MEYER GRIFFITH REVIEWS

• You can see my Giveaways HERE.
  • You can see my Reviews HERE.
  • If you like what you see, why don’t you follow me?
  • Leave your link in the comments and I will drop by to see what’s shakin’.
  • I am an amazon affiliate/product images are linked.
  • Thanks for visiting!
Source: www.fundinmental.com/tag-team-giveaway-review-for-scraps-of-paper-by-kathryn-meyer-griffith
review 2019-01-21 22:51
Review: The Haunting of Hillwood Farm
The Haunting of Hillwood Farm - Kathryn Knight

There seems to be a haunting at the Hillwood farm, but maybe there are two hauntings? No one knows why there a mean one or violent ghost? Alice is be attacked but also be helped by her husband Henry? It gets so bad that Callie is called in to help?

Luke seem to no want to believe that there are ghosts? You will be surprised as the event continue to happen when Luke and Callie are together and when they are apart? One is trying to get warn and one is about danger?

We get everything the author wants in a story. We get hauntings and the paranormal effect and along with it we get a romance that blooms. Whether this is the author intent or not, does not matter as it seem to just happen.

The plot is done well. I loved it. It one that got my attention as I was reading. I wanted to know who the ghosts were. Especially the one that was haunting the Turners and Callie? This is answered at the end. The reason for two ghost and who was who is revealed. One was protecting and the was hurtful? We find out why it happen as well. If you are into hauntings or ghosts or even paranormal aspect in the book this one is good.

Source: nrcbooks.blogspot.com/2019/01/book-review-haunting-of-hillwood-farm.html
review 2019-01-10 10:19
That Doesn’t Mean What You Think It Means: The 150 Most Commonly Misused Words And Their Tangled Histories - Ross Petras,Kathryn Petras

My 'discovery' of this book is a perfect example for the argument of using a continuity of style on book covers.  A year or two ago, I bought and read You're Saying it Wrong, book about commonly mispronounced words, and loved it (I've been saying Turmeric and Van Gogh wrong all. my. life.)  I recognised the similar cover on this, the authors' newest, and immediately snatched it up.

I should really rate this 4.5 stars, because in retrospect, I can recall several typographical and at least 1 grammatical error in the text, which seems especially egregious in a book about grammar.  But I suppose perfection is an unreasonable expectation even for a grammar book.  Actually, I don't believe that, but I am too lazy to adjust my rating.

Other than that, it's an excellent reference for word pairs that are often confused with each other, including the obvious affect/effect as well as some I'd never thought about before but were obvious when I saw them, like trooper/trouper, flair/flare and flout/flaunt. Also included are words/terms that are just used wrong, like epicentre and ambivalent.

Scattered throughout the list are a few spreads that cover when to use who/whom, the correct usage of lay/lie (I found their explanation for this the most useful I've ever read), and a general guide for latin and greek plurality: when to use 'i', 'a', 'ae', and 's'.  This one sort of cleared up a running debate MT and I have had concerning the plural of 'platypus' - while we both favoured 'platypi' on aesthetic grounds (it sounds better than 'platypuses', which is what the local sanctuary has settled on), it would seem logical to follow the same rule used for 'octopus', which is 'octopodes'.  I find this a happy compromise (MT is stubbornly sticking to the incorrect but more melodious platypi).

Each entry includes an example of the incorrect usage, the etymological history of the word/words, and most of the time, examples of correct usage for each word as well as basic definitions of each (nb: the author's state upfront that this is based on the North American dialect of English).  It's well written, not dry, and informative.  It will be a handy reference in the future when I'm unsure which word to use.

review 2018-12-29 13:05
Can't Help Falling in Love (The Gentileschi Sisters Book 3) by Kathryn Shay
Can't Help Falling in Love - Kathryn Shay

A bump on the head becomes a shot to the heart for the star athlete and the hidden in plain sight nurse. Can't Help Falling in Love is a modern fairy tale with hard hitting romance and emotional drama. Mike and Evvie begin with a gaff that has lasting results for the rest of their lives. Will their foray into romance survive the secrets that they hide? Shay chose the perfect title. I Can't Help Falling in Love with these two.

review 2018-12-03 23:05
This Guy's in Love (Gentileschi Sisters #2) by Kathryn Shay
This Guy's In Love - Kathryn Shay

Mistakes build character and Francesca is slowly finding hers. In life you have to take the good with the bad without ever losing heart. Sometimes we have to break our own heart to find out where we are meant to be. Tyrell is the man who pushes buttons. He drives her crazy by just being him, but fate has some surprises in store them. Falling in love is the easy part, surviving the heartache is another story. This Guy's In Love combines an emotional story with a colorful romance. Shay bounces off multiple feelings from humor to painful and inspiring to create a breathtaking read.