Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: library-books
Load new posts () and activity
review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-02-05 19:22
Book Review :Food wars vol 2
Food Wars!, Vol. 2: Shokugeki no Soma - Yuki MORISAKI,Shun Saeki,Yuuto Tsukuda

Jan 28- Feb 5

Leaving home for the first time in his young life, Soma moves into the school’s Polaris Dormitory—a place run by an old crone and filled with crazy and eccentric students! Barely settled in, Soma quickly finds himself in one of Tohzuki’s legendary cooking duels—a shokugeki! Who will his very first opponent be?

Review : Soma is moving into his dorm but first has to pass with a cooking assignment with the land lady but once he does he meets all the other interesting characters living in the dorm isshiki invites him to join the others for a little party but how he invites soma is from the ceiling hes a weird dude . Soma and him kinda do a cook off but isshiki informs him its not offical the real ones have to be accepted and you have to give something to get something . Megumi and Soma check out the bowl club which is close to shutting down thanks to erina but soma wants to save it so he challenges Ikumi to an offical food war and he wins. Next they are all going to cooking camp which should be interesting.

review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-02-01 04:31
Book Review : Food wars vol 1
Food Wars!, Vol. 1: Shokugeki no Soma - Shun Saeki,Yuto Tsukuda

Jan 25- 28

Soma Yukihira's old man runs a small family restaurant in the less savory end of town. Aiming to one day surpass his father's culinary prowess, Soma hones his skills day in and day out until one day, out of the blue, his father decides to enroll Soma in a classy culinary school! Can Soma really cut it in a place that prides itself on a 10% graduation rate? And can he convince the beautiful, domineering heiress to the school that he belongs there at all?!

Review: Soma works in his family restuant until one day his dad tells him hes going to a fancy cooking school with only a 10%graduate rate. He ends up cooking for Erina who so picky and she doesnt like him at all and ends up failing him just on princable .But he gets In somehow so for his first class he ends up cooking with megumi who is close to failing out of school but there food gets tampered with but soma finds a way and they get an A .I really enjoyed the first vol i've been watching the anime and I love both.

review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-02-01 04:20
Book Review :Nimona Noelle stevenson
Nimona - Noelle Stevenson

Jan 19-21

Nemeses! Dragons! Science! Symbolism! All these and more await in this brilliantly subversive, sharply irreverent epic from Noelle Stevenson. Featuring an exclusive epilogue not seen in the web comic, along with bonus conceptual sketches and revised pages throughout, this gorgeous full-color graphic novel is perfect for the legions of fans of the web comic and is sure to win Noelle many new ones.

Nimona is an impulsive young shapeshifter with a knack for villainy. Lord Ballister Blackheart is a villain with a vendetta. As sidekick and supervillain, Nimona and Lord Blackheart are about to wreak some serious havoc. Their mission: prove to the kingdom that Sir Ambrosius Goldenloin and his buddies at the Institution of Law Enforcement and Heroics aren't the heroes everyone thinks they are.

But as small acts of mischief escalate into a vicious battle, Lord Blackheart realizes that Nimona's powers are as murky and mysterious as her past. And her unpredictable wild side might be more dangerous than he is willing to admit.

Review : I had heard this graphic novel was good but it was really good I loved it. I read it with the audiobook which made the experience way better .This is about Nimona who is a shapeshifter who is working with a super vilian this graphic novel was crazy cause there may be more to her powers that blackheart doesnt know and the prince is an interesting character I really enjoyed this book I recommend it

review 2018-01-25 04:55
Anything is Possible
Anything Is Possible - Elizabeth Strout

I will preface this, in an attempt at full disclosure, by admitting I am a fan of Elizabeth Strout. I heard her speak at our library lunch after Olive Kittredge came out, and at the time I was not sure if she would be able to top the success of that book. At the event, I grabbed copies of Amy & Isabelle and Abide with Me, which I greedily read not long after. There is something soothing and almost intoxicating about Strout's writing; she draws you in effortlessly, lulls you into complacency, and then shatters it all with a painful reality you might not have even imagined. Her characters are, at first glance, nondescript, often eking out a meager existence; but in her caring hands, they are stalwart, earnest, and beautiful. When Lucy Barton reappeared in this book, it was like catching up with an old friend, and I'm sure I judged her siblings harshly because I defended her. And that is the heart of it, really. I care about these characters. Strout pulls away the curtain, and we see what makes these people tick; we care about them because she makes us care, her words inspire empathy. And, given the state of things around here right now, we could all use a little more of that.

review SPOILER ALERT! 2018-01-01 04:12
Book review :dashing through the snow Debbie macomber
Dashing Through the Snow: A Christmas Novel - Debbie Macomber

Dec 24-28

Ashley Davison, a graduate student in California, desperately wants to spend the holidays with her family in Seattle. Dashiell Sutherland, a former army intelligence officer, has a job interview in Seattle and must arrive by December 23. Though frantic to book a last-minute flight out of San Francisco, both are out of luck: Every flight is full, and there’s only one rental car available. Ashley and Dash reluctantly decide to share the car, but neither anticipates the wild ride ahead.

At first they drive in silence, but forced into close quarters Ashley and Dash can’t help but open up. Not only do they find they have a lot in common, but there’s even a spark of romance in the air. Their feelings catch them off guard—never before has either been so excited about a first meeting. But the two are in for more twists and turns along the way as they rescue a lost puppy, run into petty thieves, and even get caught up in a case of mistaken identity. Though Ashley and Dash may never reach Seattle in time for Christmas, the season is still full of surprises—and their greatest wishes may yet come true.

this book is about Ashley and dash they are both going to Seattle and they can't get a flight so they decide to ride together and it doesn't go very well they end up fighting a lot and they they end up stopping and ashley wants to take a puppy to her mother but dash doesn't want to have a puppy with them so they end up fighting and she gets out of the car and he leaves her then a biker gang shows up and then dash is back and then they start getting along the only part of the story I didn't like was the FBI part it didn't seem to make sense but other than that I really liked this story . They stop at a hotel and they end kissing and then the FBI finds then cause they think she is some kind of criminal which she isn't and she is finally released and her and dash go to her mom's which was cute I really liked this book