logo
Wrong email address or username
Wrong email address or username
Incorrect verification code
Search tags: library-books
Load new posts () and activity
review SPOILER ALERT! 2017-07-31 06:24
Book review : queens of geek Jen Wilde
Queens of Geek - Jen Marie Wilde

July 26- 29

When BFFs Charlie, Taylor and Jamie go to SupaCon, they know it’s going to be a blast. What they don’t expect is for it to change their lives forever.

Charlie likes to stand out. SupaCon is her chance to show fans she’s over her public breakup with co-star, Reese Ryan. When Alyssa Huntington arrives as a surprise guest, it seems Charlie’s long-time crush on her isn’t as one-sided as she thought.

While Charlie dodges questions about her personal life, Taylor starts asking questions about her own.

Taylor likes to blend in. Her brain is wired differently, making her fear change. And there’s one thing in her life she knows will never change: her friendship with Jamie—no matter how much she may secretly want it to. But when she hears about the Queen Firestone SupaFan Contest, she starts to rethink her rules on playing it safe.

Review : I loved this book it was a perfect summer read for a geeky girl like me this book is about Charlie , Taylor and Jamie they are all going to Supacon cause there all geeky people Charlie she is a youtuber and actress and is promoting her film . Taylor who i really related to cause she has social anxiety . This book was really cute with moments of Jamie flirting with Taylor and taylor blushing right away I found so cute . Taylor and Jamie end up not being able to meet taylor's favorite author but Jamie tells Taylor about this contest but she doesn't want to enter cause of her anxiety until she meets Josie a girl with autism and Taylor decides to run . Charlie wants to avoid to asshole ex boyfriend and there is this girl she really likes who is also a youtuber they end up filming a colab and end up kissing and then they plan to have a date . Charlie's ex boyfriend ends up telling taylor the only way she's become a writer is if she sleeps with someone and he ends up punching Jamie this guy is an asshole . Charlie does this live action thing for her movie and Taylor and Jamie end up Joining in the maze and Taylor and Jamie kiss I was so happy for them but Taylor freaked out Jamie thought he was pressuring her but she wanted to kiss him . Charlie and Alyssa's kiss gets leaked and she's freaking out and Alyssa doesn't want to hide the relationship so Charlie makes a speech and her and Alyssa talk . Jamie and Taylor end up being able to go to the party and Taylor meets her favorite author this was such a cute book I loved it .
Quotes:
That's what we do. We walk a tightrope every day. Getting out the door is a tightrope. Going grocery shopping is a tightrope. Socializing is a tightrope. Things that most people consider to be normal, daily parts of life are the very things we fear and struggle with the most, and yet here we are, moving forward anyway. That's not weak.”

“My bottom lip starts to quiver, but I keep going. “I fight every day, and too many times it’s just not enough and the fear wins. I’m so fucking weak and everything is so fucking intense and sometimes I really hate it.” I gasp, covering my mouth with my hands as the tears pour out of me. I didn’t mean to say all that. I feel exposed. Tears fill her eyes, too. “Can I hug you?” I nod, unable to speak. She walks around the table and hugs me.”

review 2017-06-29 05:21
Hag-Seed
Hag-Seed - Margaret Atwood

I am a huge Margaret Atwood fan, so when I saw a new book with her name on it I did not even bother to read what it was about. Who cares? Margaret Atwood could write a software manual and I would read it. Maybe you feel more discerning than me, I'm ok with that. I've read at least half a dozen Atwood books by now, (with more on my to-read pile) including a crazy, ingenious, zombie story on Wattpad, and I have yet to be disappointed.

Hag-Seed continued that trend. Of course, Atwood tackles The Tempest, why not? She is certainly up to the task. I read some of this book (courtesy of NetGalley) and I also listened to the audiobook. I laughed out loud as Atwood weaves a tale of bizarre vengeance and unlikely heroes, which all works toward a strange and perfectly satisfying resolution.

This book is part of the Hogarth Shakespeare collection, which has Shakespeare's plays reimagined by today's celebrated writers, including Anne Tyler, Tracy Chevalier, and Jo Nesbø, among others. Several of these are already on my to-read pile; you should check them out as well.

review SPOILER ALERT! 2017-06-28 00:56
Book Review : Talking as fast as I can Lauren Graham
Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls (and Everything in Between) - Lauren Graham

June 26-27

In her first work of nonfiction, the beloved star of Gilmore Girls and Parenthood recounts her experiences on Gilmore Girls - the first and second times - and shares stories about life, love, and working in Hollywood. This collection of essays is written in the intimate, hilarious, and down-to-earth voice that made her novel, Someday, Someday, Maybe, a New York Times best seller.
"This book contains some stories from my life: the awkward growing up years, the confusing dating years, the fulfilling working years, and what it was like to be asked to play one of my favorite characters again. You probably think I'm talking about my incredible achievement as Dolly in Hello, Dolly! as a Langley High School junior, a performance my dad called 'you're so much taller than the other kids.' But no! I'm talking about Lorelai Gilmore, who, back in 2008, I wasn't sure I'd ever see again. Also included: tales of living on a houseboat, meeting guys at awards shows, and that time I was asked to be a butt model. A hint: all three made me seasick.

Review : I loved this audio cause I'm a big gilmore girls fan I love Lauren's writing and her audiobook was awesome I loved hearing about her and her getting onto Gilmore girls and her stories in acting and her family life . And it was interesting to hear about her life and I loved when she talked about Gilmore girls a year in the life I cried I highly recommend this book .

Quotes:
But life doesn’t often spell things out for you or give you what you want exactly when you want it, otherwise it wouldn’t be called life, it would be called vending machine.

“Because who wants to Fast Forward anyway? You might miss some of the good parts

review SPOILER ALERT! 2017-06-15 00:39
Book review : The Hate U Give
The Hate U Give - Angie Thomas

June 4-9

Sixteen-year-old Starr Carter moves between two worlds: the poor neighborhood where she lives and the fancy suburban prep school she attends. The uneasy balance between these worlds is shattered when Starr witnesses the fatal shooting of her childhood best friend Khalil at the hands of a police officer. Khalil was unarmed.

Soon afterward, his death is a national headline. Some are calling him a thug, maybe even a drug dealer and a gangbanger. Protesters are taking to the streets in Khalil's name. Some cops and the local drug lord try to intimidate Starr and her family. What everyone wants to know is: what really went down that night? And the only person alive who can answer that is Starr.

But what Starr does or does not say could upend her community. It could also endanger her life.

Review : This book was very powerful when at a party with her friend she runs into her old friend Khalil and when shots go off he brings her to his car then a cop stops him and ends up shooting Khalil in front of star and she is hurting and doesn't know what she should do she wants to speak out to help Khalil so she starts to speak she wants that cop to be arested but she knows it won't happen which is very fucked up I mean he killed him . There is also this big drug dealer who may try to go after star cause she snitched . Star goes to a fancy school and she is a different kind of person she has a boyfriend named Chris and I really love them together and she has two friends Maya and Hailey I hated Hailey she made these remarks and I wanted to punch her and when the news came out with all the Khalil stuff she felt bad for the cop when the cop killed Khalil . And when Hailey said he would of died anyway cause he was a drug dealer I wanted to punch her and star did . When it's announced that the cop won't get jail time Star freaks out and wants to take a stand and she does I really loved this book it gave a message that we all need to read this and speak out .
Quotes : “Sometimes you can do everything right and things will still go wrong. The key is to never stop doing right.”

At an early age I learned that people make mistakes, and you have to decide if their mistakes are bigger than your love for them.”

Brave doesn't mean you're not scared. It means you go on even though you're scared.”

Why does Chris always have to be lil'l to you ? I ask . He's not little . You better be talking about his height says Daddy , Amen , Uncle Carlos adds and they fist bump again.

That's the problem. We let people say stuff, and they say it so much that it becomes okay to them and normal for us. What's the point of having a voice if you're gonna be silent in those moments you shouldn't be?”

“Once upon a time there was a hazel-eyed boy with dimples. I called him Khalil. The world called him a thug.
He lived, but not nearly long enough, and for the rest of my life I'll remember how he died.
Fairy tale? No. But I'm not giving up on a better ending.”

“Once you've seen how broken someone is it's like seeing them naked—you can't look at them the same anymore.”

review SPOILER ALERT! 2017-03-28 00:32
Book Review : History is all you left me Adam Silvera
History Is All You Left Me - Adam Silvera

March 13-15

When Griffin’s first love and ex-boyfriend, Theo, dies in a drowning accident, his universe implodes. Even though Theo had moved to California for college and started seeing Jackson, Griffin never doubted Theo would come back to him when the time was right. But now, the future he’s been imagining for himself has gone far off course.

To make things worse, the only person who truly understands his heartache is Jackson. But no matter how much they open up to each other, Griffin’s downward spiral continues. He’s losing himself in his obsessive compulsions and destructive choices, and the secrets he’s been keeping are tearing him apart.

If Griffin is ever to rebuild his future, he must first confront his history, every last heartbreaking piece in the puzzle of his life.

Review : I loved this book it made me cry I loved these characters . Giffin's ex boyfriend died and he's having trouble dealing with it I loved how it was talked in the past and present.Griffin starts chatting with Jackson there's boyfriend Griffin never liked Jackson cause he was still in love with Theo but he broke up with Theo cause he wanted Theo to enjoy college and then Theo meets Jackson and he loves them both which is kinda fucked up cause Theo was mostly stringing Griffin along . Griffin ends of going to california with Jackson and they end up sleeping together . Jackson tells Griffin he didnt save Theo and he went for a lifeguard and Griffin gets mad and leaves . Griffin decides to talk to wade who was theo's best friend and his friend who he ended up sleeping with multiple times they decided to just be friends . Jackson visits again and him and Griffin talk Wade is very jealous . I feel like wade and Griffin will get together but griffin had to let Theo go I loved this book very emotional .
Quotes:
Time doesn’t heal all wounds. We both know that’s bullshit; it comes from people who have nothing comforting or original to say.”

People are complicated puzzles, always trying to piece together a complete picture, but sometimes we get it wrong and sometimes we’re left unfinished. Sometimes that’s for the best. Some pieces can’t be forced into a puzzle, or at least they shouldn’t be, because they won’t make sense.”

“History is nothing. It can be recycled or thrown away completely. It isn’t this sacred treasure chest I mistook it to be. We were something, but history isn’t enough to keep something alive forever.”

Griffin . Hey
No way
I freeze at the sound of my dad's voice He's right behind us.
I honestly think Id rather be caught masterbating .
wade laughs a little to himself probably. because this is going to be painfully humiliating .

I’ll never understand how time can make a moment feel as close as yesterday and as far as years.”

“But hey, if there’s one bright side to your dying, it’s that you aren’t around to tell me things I don’t like hearing. I’m sorry. That was a dickhead thing to say. I need a condom for my  mouth.